Donald Trump will tout surging U.S...

>Donald Trump will tout surging U.S. exports of oil and natural gas during a week of events aimed at highlighting the country’s growing energy dominance.

>The president also plans to emphasize that after decades of relying on foreign energy supplies, the U.S. is on the brink of becoming a net exporter of oil, gas, coal and other energy resources.

>“...Trump is reorienting our national rhetoric toward ‘dominance,’” said Kevin Book, analyst with ClearView Energy Partners LLC. “Captives crave independence; competitors strive to dominate. It’s a shift from getting by to getting ahead.”

archive.is/IMHbk

Clean coal is real -- it's coal burned in someone else's country.

We Saudi now

Other urls found in this thread:

thelocal.dk/20160301/pull-the-plug-danes-pay-eus-highest-electricity-prices
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ENERGY

DOMINANCE

Cool, but how sustainable is it, is my question. I thought we were getting places with those giga sized solar farms in arizona and new mexico. like 15,000 kwh/hr shit. Nothing that'll sustain a major metropolitan city but with advances in that technology it could have definitely reduced dependence on gas. Is that just wishful thinking?

My understanding is that wind and solar in their current forms are money sinks that require subsidies to function.

But there is still big bucks in fossil fuels

I guess that's fair enough. Our power needs far far outstrip any potential gains from things like that. Ah well. I know coal and fossil fuels in general are significantly more plentiful than people are shitting out estimates for, but still, it'd be nice to think we could harvest something like solar energy. I have a few panels on my house and they did actually help, but then again I live in the middle of the desert in arizona so it's basically sucking up heat 24/7

I have in the past used a machine which could be recharged with a solar blanket that it came with, and the thing worked well enough (I was living in the desert at the time so there was no shortage of sunlight). But that was for a single device. I believe the issue is that to power large areas requires an impractical amount of solar collection and the same is essentially true for wind collection, just not enough output

I always assumed the technology would improve, but as I look it up, yeah, it seems like really it's just sort of stagnant, has been since the early 2000s. That's pretty sad, but at least it's getting cheaper. I wouldn't mind whoring out my fifteen acres and buying some panels to sell back.

The problem is that to build Solar Panels you need to use rare earth metals which are in fact a limited resource. So solar energy is effectively a limited resource just like oil is. You also see people suggesting nuclear but that is also a limited resource. Renewable energy is a meme. We will never have renewable energy on any large scale, it's not possible.

The making of those panels isn't particularly environment friendly though. I will build a wind power turbine when I buy a house because the parts are easy to find and its cheap to build. The oil jew isn't getting shit from me.

I am almost a wind power shill i realize, but isn't Denmark 70-80% powered solely on wind?

>We will never have renewable energy on any large scale, it's not possible.
We can always supplement wind and solar with these babies

Google says 42% no idea where you're getting 80.

Yeah but it's expensive
thelocal.dk/20160301/pull-the-plug-danes-pay-eus-highest-electricity-prices

There is plenty of rare earth minerals. The problem is that mining them is terribly destructive on the environment, ruining your food supply. So choose, food or power.

Actually looking at it in more detail the 42 was 2 years ago recently it was only 36% because they didn't get enough wind. It's still fairly impressive but they're still only reaching 36% for country with only around half the people of my moderately sized state (Michigan).

Denmark with its size is one thing
US is another, plus consider the climate and wind in different states

could this be the answer to the obesity epidemic? pedal a bicycle and get paid - replacement for welfare?

>The problem is that mining them is terribly destructive on the environment, ruining your food supply. So choose, food or power.
Nah, that can be worked around. We can just slaughter dogs and tell people it's chicken, that shit has worked in Asia for years and frankly we're getting killed in black market dogmeat

Yeah, why using cheap oil and gas from foreign countries whenwe can destroy our natural park to extract the same shit at higher costs?

Woah there, stop telling people that nuclear isnt renewable. The earth has a rate that it produces uranium and deposits it into sea water which is at a high enough rate to keep us in uranium fuel for a long time at a sustainable level. It isnt infinite uranium but it is a lot of uranium every year.
Nuclear power is the way forward, fission, fusion, cold fusion, quantum state fluctuators, then cobalt plated, thorium dragon dildoes for everyone.