Why is the left so obsessed with a shitty, badly written children's book from 20 years ago?

Why is the left so obsessed with a shitty, badly written children's book from 20 years ago?
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/26/corbyn-gryffindor-theresa-may-slytherin-according-harry-potter/

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/26/corbyn-gryffindor-theresa-may-slytherin-according-harry-potter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Their real lives are awful, so they escape to fantasy

>The left
You mean brits, right?

>It's fucking real

because 95% of humans are severely retarded

Lets be honest here, Slytherin and Ravenclaw are the two best houses.

they call them generation harry potter for a reason. i just assume they are a bunch of brainlets who don't understand any form of politicals without some gay fucking pop culture analogy to make it easy for them to understand
like i get doing that with a kid or a teen but come the fuck on man these are fucking adults or oversized children

It's more like liberals are suffering from such severe mental retardation that they simply cannot comprehend an issue unless a comparison to a pop culture story is made.

No.

RARE
A
R
E

ppl i like = good guys

pll i don't like = BADDIES :'( evil nasty poo poo heads

Aussie on vacation?

We should start using Potter in our own examples

Yea, no.
>Being retarded like them will us seem smart!

I've never read any of the Harry Potter books but aren't "Slytherin" supposed to be genocidal Nazis or some shit?

If so, the Tories are not like them at all, and I'm surprised that in the story they aren't being constantly protested for hate speech and proscribed by the British Wizards of Tolerance Guild or whatever.

Slytherin people achieve greatness no matter who gets in their way. Some people (people who use childrens books to define morality) see that as evil

>Slytherin people achieve greatness no matter who gets in their way
So they're white?

It's basically another black-and-white morality story where Slytherin are the evil bad guys.

It's a shame, the books could have had so much potential if Voldemort/Death Eaters had good reasons for doing their shit and the morality wasn't clear-cut black and white. But complicated stories that reflect reality better don't appeal to females and teenagers.

Because they have abandoned the spirituality passed on by their culture, and so they seek it elsewhere. Man needs mythology to help himself extract meaning and create and adopt a belief system. Due to their cancerous ideologies they have abandoned the mythology that came with western civilization (christianity), and they seek it in other stories, notably harry potter movies or superhero movies.

no, they're liberals

corbyn is fucking hufflepuff

debtsman nails it
humans are inherently spiritual, even atheists have belief systems that they should oppose on principle but don't. how many times do you see people actually believe in stuff like karma yet claim to be staunch rationalists? people cling to stuff like harry potter and star wars because it's a common shared mythology that everybody can reference and understand, it's what people use to rationalize the world more.

SLYTHERIN = BASED

Tom Riddle did nothing wrong!

This.

At this point I'd put money down that they aren't even referencing the books, they're referencing the movies.

They're just pissing in Rowling's cheeri-o's at this point.

>the guy we like is the good guy and the guy we don't like is the bad guy
a s t u t e

>that edge
Gryffindor is a house of strong heroic people. They stand for strength and justice. Slytherins on the other hand are manipulative and deceptive in order to achieve their goals. Kind of ironic that liberals love this series when they most closely resemble the "bad guy" house

Harry Potter and Star Wars are closer to Christianity with its clear cut dualism and redemption. True European mythology is full of grey areas where even the gods have questionable motives. Your own mythology strongly reflects it yet true morality is still to be found within, particular the virtues.

Powerful

Right, we can't have European children looking up to figures like Sigurd or Achilles less they start thinking for themselves. It must be good guys vs bad guys.

>Complains about a shit tier fantasy book.
> Posts on an image board for weeaboos and autistic children.

Arrested development.

While we live through post-ironic memes and happening. They live through a filter of children's media.

>Why is the left so obsessed with a shitty, badly written children's book from 20 years ago?
It's because these people don't have real personalities, ideas, or hobbies. They're just clinging to some shit from their childhood

retreat into childish fantasy to escape complex reality
its also why there are so many adult dr who fans, anime fans, grown men playing video games all day, capeshit flicks doing huge box office, etc.

Not anymore. This dude is devaluing the flag.

>tfw dad told me histories about Siegfried, Nikititsch, Alexander the Great and many other actual heroes from ancient times when I was little.

Also I think it's worth noting how they view everything in black and white terms; these are the "good guys", and these are the "bad guys". Almost every situation in real life involves shades of gray, but SJWs have this childish idea that they're "good", and their opposition is "bad" and it's as simple as that. Don't actually take the time to try to understand their positions, or look at their life experiences which led to them believing what they believe. And god forbid that you listen to what they have to say and consider that maybe their logic is actually better than your own in some cases. They're just bad people, they're wrong about everything, and have to be stopped and that's all there is to it. It's pure arrested development cancer.

Its got nothing to do with that and everything to do with ruining their mental image of potter

>Their real lives are awful

I think it's just the opposite. Life is so good compared to even 100 years ago. They are drawn to these books because there is a clear cut good guy, a clear cut bad guy, and the good guy always wins. They become obsessed because it's the only form of "struggle" they ever experienced.

Good answer