A hoax on /biz/ caused a cryptocurrency to lose $4 billion in market value

qz.com/1014559/vitalik-buterin-dead-a-hoax-on-Sup Forums-crashed-ethereums-price/

Are cryptocurrencies a mistake?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/xobOd
newsbtc.com/2016/08/17/gregory-maxwell-vitalik-buterin-ran-quantum-computer-scam/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

archive.is/xobOd

Well... don't invest in them then? what's the point of this thread

>investing in shady meme currencies peddled by shitposters
y tho

I want to start playing around with crypto just to see how it works what's a good place to start learning?

After it climbed a few hundred percent in value some shitposters on /biz/ tried to continue the correction by claiming the russian kid died. This is a perfectly natural correction in the price.

thanks /biz/

Now I can buy my GTX 1070.

Die Ethereum cucks.

This please somebody crash the crypto market with no survivors so I can finally buy a rx 580.

>Sup Forums
>C
Every fucking time.

/biz/ here
We did it lads
They even put a hyperlink to 4chink/biz/

I can't believe it's that fucking easy to move these markets

Something's up

You're a retard if you actually think some shitposting on /biz/ caused this crash. Stop giving clicks to normie clickbait articles.

It's not. Well at least Ethereum isn't this easy, /biz/ just added some panic to it

Didn't the same thing happen with twitter bots and the actual stock market?

This isn't the first time or the biggest time a board on Sup Forums caused a stock to plummet. Sup Forums did the same thing to Apple a long time ago.

I just went to best buy, and frys electronics yesterday. It was the first time I've been to a physical electronics store in a few months. My friend told me about the graphics cards being in short supply, and I didn't believe him. But there were racks 20feet long with every fucking graphics card gone. Fucking incredible

Still have the x3.5 ROI in ETH. Latefags just panic sell

Well, for one thing, we can actually kill that son of a bitch.

This drop was a proof of concept that killing him off would indeed turn things back to normal.

Fucking cucks going out and buying 10 gfx cards at the same time need to die aswell.

Godspeed

The hoax didn't do shit. ETH has been dying for two weeks now. Have you been to /biz/? One of the slowest boards on Sup Forums.

Price was dropping well before this

This article is on one of the most read crypto news sites

if markets are illiquid enough or scared enough, sure.
individual stocks face this kind of stuff too from fake news or real news.
some years back, tesla stock would falter from any single scrap of bad news, like a fire in a factory somewhere, or a car crash.

fuck yourself, fucking austrian piece of shit.
fingers crossed opportunist-niggers stop buying gfx cards asap so I can finally build my rig.

I FUCKING NEED TO RUN CFD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just heard about this ethereum coin.
>Another crypto currency had a massive growth over the last few months
Why do i always fucking miss those things? Its not hard to mine 10k of a coin day one.
Anyway, i am happy i actually bought my 1070 last year before the price hike.

>Implying it wasn't the ICO scams that caused this
>Implying it wasn't the scaling issues that ETH has that was exposed by the traffic these ICOs generated
>Implying it wasn't people realizing Ethereum is not in any universe worth $350+ per token

Fake news.

GTX 1060 are going for more than 1080

Shits crazy

the eth crash started before the pajeet shilling fud. did it contribute? possibly but so say bizrael caused it is fucking pants on the head retarded

I don't care where it is, it's objectively untrue.

I went over to /biz/ for the first time awhile ago and it was 80% people trying to pump up or dump cryptocurrency
almost no other business talk

Feeling a bit dirty here lads, took a huge hit on my portfolio but it was worth it reving up those FUD memes

most altcoins are shit i dont even know why people buy them

dont forget this

exactly. We need to do something about this shit. I have a lot of free time, if you are interested we can arrange an operation...

the reason why /biz/ was invented was because Sup Forums and Sup Forums were getting spammed by shills trying to p&d. /biz/ is strictly a containment board. Everyone over there is a retard trying to get rich quick

I assume that in hope one of them just pick up steam like etherium did

All these things are the real reasons. The new ICO wave is whats killing the market. Too many greedy faggots.

Now this, can't stop laughing. Great day for ETH!

it's only a 22B USD market, and you need some education to get it, what did you expect?
more corrections will come, but cryptos are not going away

Yes it just contributed
Also
RARE

What do you have in mind?

I'm not seeing how you can profit form this, it's far too late

Suckers falling for this obvious pump n dump hoax

>hoax
You guys are morons. When the next (((insider))) causes a sell-off panic, BUY BUY BUY.
You'll thank me when the market "recovers".

This goy knows what hes talking about. So listen to him.

Or pretending to be rich.

the flag and the salt combine to offer a delicious trait

>Are cryptocurrencies a mistake?

>implying they weren't a scam in the first place

You shitposted this on /biz/ BEFORE selling?

Vitalik has literally run scams in the past. I'm done with Ethereum.

newsbtc.com/2016/08/17/gregory-maxwell-vitalik-buterin-ran-quantum-computer-scam/

/biz/ was a mistake

summary of all threads:
>i lost all my savings in moonbeanethVRX coin
>the train leaves now, we go to moon
>weak hands weak hands
and then when someone posts an actual small biz entrepreneurial or finance thread its:
>lol nocoiners, NEET lambo life ftw

that board needs to be terminated

You live by the meme you die by the meme

> weak hands
top kek
nice digits, btw

>trying to get rich quick

Maybe with tumblr dogs coins. Rgt is where its at

Well this is quite the paradox

>go to /biz/
>the entire board is filled with people trying to get rich quick off of cryptocurrencies because they missed out on bitcoins
Jesus Christ

Quads of truth. There's literally a thread up offering ETH for dick pics right now

I don't want to profit.I want to fuck over the 5000 morons around the globe who think they got rich and basically went out and bought every new-generation gfx card in production.

I lack the programming skills as of now, but I am thinking a distributed worm, much like what happened with WannaCry, that goes and launches background applications that memory-leak the GPU.

>implying an anarchist would be in this board.
>implying I am using the flag unironically

Do you have nigger dna in you,son?

Welcome to biz

Man, i wonder how many of those Anons made some cash last night. I wonder how much some of them made...

Don't go there it's just cancer

do we know how many ethcucks killed themselves because of that drop to 10 cents?

Just a bump in the road. Nothing to see here

thanks senpai, damn it feels good to be a gangster

DOGECOINS WILL SKYROCKET WHEN?

GUYS BUY TULIP COIN I HEARD A KYRGYZSTANI WHALE CABAL IS PREPARED TO PUMP TENS OF THOUSANDS OF SATOSHI INTO IT ON THIS OBSCURE EXCHANGE DON'T MISS OUT
>days of Tulip Coin generals
>price rises 10 sats
>crashes to single digit Satoshi value
>never hear of coin again

>be unable to mine ethershit
>it goes to the fucking moon
every time

> hurr durr joke's on you

I wish I bought in on that bottom at ~275

>Open long position on G.Dax
>go to sleep
>wake up dead

the alternative is we somehow convince nvidia/gigabyte -asus-msi-evga to mass-produce gtx 1070s, flood the market and reduce their value.

>unique culture conquering the economics of the world while we conquer the political realm and Sup Forums sets the culture of the world
Wtf I love /biz/ now

We world community nao

>Voting in meme presidents that are being peddled by shitposters
I think you fail to see how powerful these message boards are

It's tragic. For every successful cryptocurrency, there's about 50 which will flop. You may as well just throw your money at penny stocks and hope to turn a profit

Nigger they couldn't even pump a 1 sat shitcoin on a single exchange

But did he get the half a bitcoin tho?

>implying getting caught wasn't part of their plan

Why not create your own?
>Stamp 100.000 leafs
>say each one can be backed by their weight in oil
>hoax some proof
>push them in the market
>use enough to get oil value worthy of 100.001 leafs plus stamping cost
>you already won
>outjewthejew.jpg
>you are now unstoppable

the "fake news" came out after the crash started

and it wasn't just ethereum, the whole market dipped

it's normal, it happens, Sup Forums had nothing to do with it at all

I'm sure he did, always trust us bizlets we would never lie to you never ever.

Then why aren't my shit coins crashing this federal reserve with no survivors?

All you have to do is hodl and the rest will take care of itself.

WEW
E
W

>t. Bancor bagholder

Wtf I haven't been on /biz/ for months is there some meme now making gfx card a commodity??

How do I make more money though? When do I sell?

The Chinaman and Loo evader wont stop hoarding cards they can use to mine, normies and Sup Forumsfags are eating it all up at inflated prices

Yoooo

Just hold, sell when you got enough for that lambo

hodlers - what coins do you hodl?

I remember you guys shilling this shit here

was so obviously fake, weird people actually fell for it.

More fiat currencies won't resolve the fact that were still using a fiat currency.

RIPPLE IS MOONING TONIGHT BOYS

BUY WHILE YOU STILL CAN

SELL YOUR ETH, SELL YOUR BTC, BUY YOUR EXPRESS TICKET TO SPACE

Is this some kind of fidget-spinner-themed currency? If so I want in.

Great joke guys, really really great. Never get tired of lulz

If I ever meet a legit crypto miner irl I'll beat the shit out of them while violating their anal cavity with a cheese grater. Fuck these people.

FUCK OFF FAGGOTS

I wish I had more liquid money for this hoax. That dip was a great time to buy if you we're a late purchaser.