Christian Baker Forced to Do His Job

Bigots understandably upset!

In Colorado, it has been illegal to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity or expression in employment, housing, public accommodations, education, and credit since the category "sexual orientation" was added to the state's Public Accommodations Law in 2008. The bill was controversial and following its passage by the legislature opponents waged a media campaign that failed to persuade Governor Bill Ritter to withhold his signature.[23]

nytimes.com/2017/06/26/us/politics/supreme-court-wedding-cake-gay-couple-masterpiece-cakeshop.html?_r=0

archive.is/laDco

Breyer

Sotomayor

Kagan

Kennedy

Ginsburg

The baker is simply being forced to do his job equally for all customers. He wouldn't refuse to make a cake for an interracial wedding because the bible frowns on such marriages, would he? Colorado law bans discrimination by virtue of sexuality and this is clearly it. If he wants to discriminate against gays he must restructure his business to not be open to the public.

Imagine being in a small town with only one store of a certain type and they say they refuse to serve gays. We had it out with ALL these issues in the 1950s and 1960s regarding race and bigots lost every time. Why do you expect this will be different? If there are laws prohibiting discrimination, you must follow them. Religion is not an excuse for specific harm.

Other urls found in this thread:

thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/denvers-azucar-bakery-wins-right-to-refuse-to-make-anti-gay-cake
nytimes.com/2017/04/04/us/civil-rights-act-gay-workers-appeals-court.html
archive.is/4EVx8
discord
youtu.be/IST6qRfVqwY?t=3m38s
scotusblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/16-111-op-bel-colo-app.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=IST6qRfVqwY&feature=youtu.be&t=3m38s
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Private club
usnews.com/news/best-states/nebraska/articles/2017-04-06/nebraska-starts-debate-on-lgbt-employee-discrimination-bill
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Um, he won today though?

The lower courts ruled against him. Had the Supreme Court refused his case, he'd have automatically lost.

That baker won big by the Supreme Court agreeing to hear his case.

If I was a cake baker and somebody wanted a rainbow flag I'd refuse it on the grounds it's a marketing symbol

No more conscientious objector status for anyone.

>you have to bake me a cake if I tell you to
>bash the fash. They can't tell us what to do
What a bunch of faggots

That's a cool cake

>m&ms
Nevermind

If I was a baker and they wanted a custom fag cake done but would sue me if I didn't do it. I would charge them twice as much

I hope whoever made the cake ejaculated in it first. Serves you faggots right

>America
>Free

the state has no business dictating to a business how to run their shit. if a shop doesnt want my business fuck em i will support another one who does

So if someone in Colorado orders a cake with a huge Swastika on the middle, then no bakery are allowed to refuse to make such a cake?

>Forced to Do His Job
slavery

Freedom is stupid. A strong authoritarian state is necessary to ensure that Christian bigots treat members of the LGBTQIA+ community equally

Do jews and muslims not own bakeries?

>The state should be allowed to force people to participate in a religious ceremony
Good luck. The Supreme Court is going to tell you to your faggot face that bakers don't have to do shit for you.

Good point, the baker and the ADF (who I assume is taking the case here) wanted the case considered but the fact that the Supreme Court has yet to take on ANY anti-gay discrimination cases to my knowledge in recent years or judge whether gays are a suspect class plus the fact that there are 5 pro-gay justices makes me happy this was considered.

>the state has no bizness
The Civil Rights Act disagrees

You mean what the free market work? No we can't have that.

reposting from ded thread

also fake. all gays knows how to bake a fabulous cake

>forced to *bake a cake* by men with guns

Where does this end?

What else are we going to be forced to do, under penalty of death or imprisonment? If gays are this fired up about a fucking cake, just imagine what they'll do next.

Show me where in the Civil Rights Act it lists sexual orientation as a protected class.

>jew
>jew
>jew
>basically a jew
>jew
hmm really makes me drink

Offensive messages may be denied:

thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/denvers-azucar-bakery-wins-right-to-refuse-to-make-anti-gay-cake

Last week, the Colorado Civil Rights Division ruled that Denver's Azucar Bakery did not discriminate against William Jack, a Christian from Castle Rock, by refusing to make two cakes with anti-gay messages and imagery that he requested last year.

The dispute began March 13, 2014 when Jack went to the bakery at 1886 S. Broadway and requested two cakes shaped like bibles. He asked that one cake have the image of two groomsmen holding hands in front of a cross with a red "X" over them. He asked that the cake be decorated with the biblical verses, "God hates sin. Psalm 45:7" and "Homosexuality is a detestable sin. Leviticus 18:22", according to the Civil Rights Divisions' decision.

On the second bible-shaped cake, Jack also requested the image of the two groomsmen with the red "X". He wanted it decorated with the words "God loves sinners" and "While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Romans 5:8."

He told the civil rights agency he ordered the cakes with the imagery and biblical verses to convey that same-sex marriage is, in his words, "un-biblical and inappropriate."

Marjorie Silva, the owner of the bakery, told Jack that she would make him the bible-shaped cakes, but would not decorate them with the biblical verses and the image of the groomsmen that he requested. Instead, she offered to provide him with icing and a pastry bag so he could write or draw whatever messages he wished on the cakes.

Silva told the civil rights agency that she also told Jack her bakery "does not discriminate" and "accept[s] all humans."

I don't why it's so bad to discriminate on your customers as a business
the free market will provide another business that is more receptive

The Civil Rights Act was the worst violation of property rights in American history. Unlike Rand Paul I'm not in politics so I can tell it like it is.

missing the point

God , faggots are such losers. Who gives a fuck what you want? there is no moral imperative for straight White males to accommodate to your bullshit.

Fuck off , eat shit and die faggot.

Well they have not ruled whether sex is inclusive of sexuality but this case just needs to rest on if Colorado's anti-discrimination law can be enforced, not on federal statutes.

nytimes.com/2017/04/04/us/civil-rights-act-gay-workers-appeals-court.html

Archive or screenshot please
archive.is/4EVx8

in that context sex=gender, not sexuality. dont be daft

I blame Cyrus for this bullshit.

I think I'm going to go into a Muslim butcher and demand they kill and clean a pig I provide for them. After all, they shouldn't be allowed to discriminate based on their religion.

The government has no right to regulate private individuals. He should be able to deny both a homosexual and an interracial couple service.

freedom of association does not exist here

Uh yes it does homie.

It's a bill that targets Christians. Only way to combat is by outbreeding the liberals and taking stronghold of the state.

Faggots are scum. They are vile liars just like women but they aren't women so their behavior isn't even natural , it's just deviancy.

oh right this entire thread was satire nobody was being forced to do business with anyone :^)

i dont want a nigger staying in my b&b, so i wont expect ultru conservatives to bake me a gay cake

People do this to Christian bakeries specifically for money.

Good, all discrimination is wrong.

Like we don't know what you're trying to do , no amount of word games will convince me that you're anything other than a lying pedophile faggot piece of shit.

You do know that all they'll do is take a dump in the cake mix, right? Shit, fags would probably enjoy it anyway.

Black man forced to do his job

This. It's like some kind of gay fad now.

You mean a fucking nigger.

discord d0t gg/jMysR

It's a shame too, places like carvel has been baking/making wedding cakes no questions asked since the 70s

If I owned a Christian Bakery, I would put up a big sign that said Yes we will bake you a Gay Wedding Cake. We make a special gay version just for our gay customers. The suspicion would drive away most of the gay business.

youtu.be/IST6qRfVqwY?t=3m38s

why are they not simply saying they dont have time or are short staffed etc?

This could have been avoided by hanging a "right to refuse service" sign and remaining quiet about the reason why, even though it shouldn't be that way

If you're in Colorado, go for it and good luck user

Is it could it be that these couples look for attention any way they can so they can be famous and get on The Ellen Degeneres Show to talk about their hardships and shit?

Oh no, see only gays, muslims, and blacks have rights. If it is at all supportive of white ethnicity of course the cake will be denied. If you request a fucking muslim baker to bake a gay cake -they- have the grounds to deny it on basis of their religion. Just not Christians. Just not Straights. Just not Whites.

Faggots should be butchered.

Because they are proud of their bigotry and think they are above the law. Here is the actual court decision in full for anyone who wants to read it:

scotusblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/16-111-op-bel-colo-app.pdf

That cake will not only make you homo, it will give you diabetes

part and parcel of american's litigious culture

youtube.com/watch?v=IST6qRfVqwY&feature=youtu.be&t=3m38s

Fuck. Trying to make it start at 3:38. Fail.

Faggot

Except it isn't. Even shops with right to refuse service signs are still getting forced with this bullshit.

This discussions usually lead nowhere , we have irreconcilable points and the only way to solve our differences is through violence.

That fucking Bismarck quote , you know the one.

This one can't be solved with humor , you faggots.

Privately owned company, says he can refuse service to any and all customers if he so chooses, butthurt gays cant get a wedding cake from him...maybe they should ask a different baker.

Only self righteous gays could come up with scenario any legitimately sane or normal person would shrug it off and move along. Or if the gay was really smart he'd pretend he was straight, to get the cake if he really wanted it.

Either he didn't really want the cake, made a mistake, or it's all fake.

Christian baker forced to mock his religion to satisfy mentally ill faggots. ftfy.

Business open to the public is what matters here. If they want to discriminate they can restructure as a private club.

>Bake a chocolate cake and fill it with pigshit in the shape of a dildo. Rainbow icing with skittles coming out of the top and splooging everywhere.
>/that'll show 'em face
>Fags post on Facebook, Best Cake ever!

Realize most Fags don't eat carbs and the fat ones can't even taste feces anymore.

the baker should've claimed to be a muslim, then they would've arrested the gay guys for "discrimination" against his religion.

How about let's not be fucking ironic and leet's just say what we mean for a change?

What are you Sam Hyde? are you a fucking comedian?

Here are some of the people involved in the case:

Hogan Lovells US LLP, Andrew C. Lillie, Jessica Black Livingston, Denver, Colorado, for Amici Curiae National Council of Jewish Women; Nehirim; People for the American Way Foundation; Reconciling Works; Lutherans For Full Participation; Reconstructionist Rabbinical College and Jewish Reconstructionist Communities; Religious Institute, Inc.; Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund; Anti-Defamation League; Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice; Central Conference of American Rabbis; Global Justice Institute; Hadassah, Women’s Zionist Organization of America; Japanese American Citizens League; Keshet; Metropolitan Community Churches; More Light Presbyterians; T’ruah: The Rabbinic Call for Human Rights; Union for Reform Judaism; Women of Reform Judaism; and Women’s League for Conservative Judaism

>When faggots and trannies try to look intimidating with their gay-colored bats and axes but forget that conservatives and "the fash" own guns

Enjoy having pubes in your icing, faggot.
Why would anybody even want to buy a cake from a guy who had to be legally forced to bake it? You don't fuck with people who handle your food. There has to be an entire market full of bakers who are more than willing to accept the business.

so glad we have these everywhere.... its my business ill do what the fuck i want

I'll just leave this here

What a (((cohenicedence)))

If you refuse service to Blacks, or Christians you can be sued.

What a bad arguement.

>Forced
Government get out REEEEEEEE!

The hilarious part is they are so low test from hormone supplements even if they lift they won't gain much muscle to swing anything.

Exactly. This is just a liberal assault on Christianity. Completely un-American. Completely totalitarian. I'm starting to respect the WBC.

>1 post by this ID

i can hear the hand rubbing from here.

And that shouldn't be the case. Why don't you find a bakery that doesn't have religious meanings how about order a cake from a gay owner bakery?

Guess what faggot, you will still be sued. Signs do not protect you.

How do you restructure your business as a private club? Can you just say "This is a private bakery but membership is free! No gay cakes though!"

Now why not go to a muslim baker?

no actually we cant.... maybe if you have video of somebody ranting about that being why they didnt serve you.... but nope, we protect business owners here in Nebraska and dont deal with all this PC shit... I can refuse service to anyone and i dont have to explain shit.

>You don't fuck with people who handle your food.

LMAO that makes so much sense now that i think about it. What are this faggots even thinking?

Made up privileges for gays who already have all the same rights as everyone else are not on the same level as unalienable rights under the constitution. If you want to make your own country with your own gay rights then go for it otherwise live peacefully under the rules of the country you've been blessed to be born in.

Fun fact: In this case the gay couple called local bakeries until they found one that refused then they sued.

Fuck. If that kid wasn't born HIV positive, I'll bet he will be before he even hits puberty. Sad...

The gay couple had no idea the bakery owner was religious and hated gays when they ordered the cake. Christians don't have to specifically order from a Christian-owned bakery why should gays have the burden of specifically finding a gay-owned bakery to receive service?

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Private club

Fuck off you traitorous nigger loving faggot.

Feces is a regular part of their diet anyway ( how is that not mental illness?) They're probably immune to it.

Yes you can. The Civil Rights Act applies to Nebraska same as San Francisco and it protects customers of public accommodations from religious and racial discrimination. Courts have already established that such laws are constitutional.

Considering many gays are self-absorbed attention whores, that's a good assumption.

That is false.

>Neb. Sen. Suzanne Geist of Lincoln speaks in Lincoln, Neb., Thursday, April 6, 2017, during debate on a measure that would protect Nebraska workers from discrimination based on their sexual orientation or gender identity. Senators who support the bill argue it's a civil rights issue and an economic one. They say Nebraska needs to attract and retain young workers, who generally support diversity, while opponents say the measure threatens the religious freedom of business owners who will be forced to hire LGBT people.
>usnews.com/news/best-states/nebraska/articles/2017-04-06/nebraska-starts-debate-on-lgbt-employee-discrimination-bill

Yeah... enjoy being able to do so for a few more months. You're going down the shitter like all the rest of us.

Cause most christians go to a Christian bakery and don't bitch about it.

>implying?