Stoner fags BTFO

>Young males from the Cambridge Study of Delinquent Development (n = 411) were followed up between the ages of 8 and 56 years to prospectively investigate the association between cannabis use and violence. A multi-wave (eight assessments, T1-T8) follow-up design was employed that allowed temporal sequencing of the variables of interest and the analysis of violent outcome measures obtained from two sources: (i) criminal records (violent conviction); and (ii) self-reports. A combination of analytic approaches allowing inferences as to the directionality of associations was employed, including multivariate logistic regression analysis, fixed-effects analysis and cross-lagged modelling.

>Multivariable logistic regression revealed that compared with never-users, continued exposure to cannabis (use at age 18, 32 and 48 years) was associated with a higher risk of subsequent violent behaviour, as indexed by convictions [odds ratio (OR) 7.1, 95% confidence interval (CI) 2.19-23.59] or self-reports (OR 8.9, 95% CI 2.37-46.21). This effect persisted after controlling for other putative risk factors for violence. In predicting violence, fixed-effects analysis and cross-lagged modelling further indicated that this effect could not be explained by other unobserved time-invariant factors. Furthermore, these analyses uncovered a bi-directional relationship between cannabis use and violence.

>CONCLUSIONS: Together, these results provide strong indication that cannabis use predicts subsequent violent offending, suggesting a possible causal effect, and provide empirical evidence that may have implications for public policy.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-new-brain/201603/marijuana-use-increases-violent-behavior
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342
cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/continuity-of-cannabis-use-and-violent-offending-over-the-life-course/F8E66EC005BDA73865872BD1F398A567
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Now here's more information about the study.

> These subjects were in the Cambridge Study in Delinquent Development, comprised of 411 boys who were born around 1953 and living in working-class urban neighborhoods of London. 97% of them were Caucasian and all of them were raised in two-parent households. The researchers took into consideration other factors, including antisocial traits as assessed by the Antisocial Personality Scale, alcohol use, other drug use, cigarette smoking, mental illnesses, and family history.

> Hers's what they found: Most of the participants never used cannabis and they were never reported to have violent behavior. 38% of the participants did try cannabis at least once in their life. Most of them experimented with cannabis in their teens, but then stopped using it. However, 20% of the boys who started using pot by age 18 continued to use it through middle age (32-48 years). One fifth of those who were pot smokers (22%) reported violent behavior that began after beginning to use cannabis, whereas only 0.3% reported violence before using weed. Continued use of cannabis over the life-time of the study was the strongest predictor of violent convictions, even when the other factors that contribute to violent behavior were considered in the statistical analysis.

> In conclusion, the results show that continued cannabis use is associated with a 7-fold greater odds for subsequent commission of violent crimes. This level of risk is similar to the increased risk of lung cancer from smoking cigarettes over a similar duration (40 years). The authors suggest that impairments in neurological circuits controlling behavior may underlie impulsive, violent behavior, as a result of cannabis altering the normal neural functioning in the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex.

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-new-brain/201603/marijuana-use-increases-violent-behavior

Weed mellows you out retard this study makes 0 sense. They found a bunch of ghetto niggers who are violent anyway and smoke weed because it's illegal so the Pharma Jew is using that as an excuse to say "weed is violent" to get it banned again. Study people who aren't' from fucking Compton niggerville and you will get vastly different results.

You should probably check out my other post.
> 97% of them were Caucasian and all of them were raised in two-parent households

Reality, being the biggest and least faulty study ever encountered, has found that weed makes you less violent.

Wow, a study conducted by a college (corrupted arts) dealing primarily in the "study of delinquent developments" finds something delinquent. Wow I say. wow.

>House of Deliquent Development

Point still stands. You studied redneck chav criminal trash in juvie. Their parents probably did crack while pregnant and you're blaming the weed.

>The researchers took into consideration other factors, including antisocial traits as assessed by the Antisocial Personality Scale, alcohol use, other drug use, cigarette smoking, mental illnesses, and family history

Fuck off when i smoke, im too stoned and tired to move to be able to hit someone.

What a load of shit.

The study is implying that marijuana use alters your brain chemistry after many years of smoking it.

took into consideration doesn't mean they let it matter in their end result. They went in with a presupposition and they magically found what they thought they would find. Wow.

The FBI took everything regarding Clinton and her foundation into consideration, they still didn't advocate pressing charges.

this

How did they take personality into account?
A person willing to break the law is going to be more inclined to fight rather than someone who is afraid of going against something someone scribbled into a book decades ago.

Your post is filled with nothing but logical fallacies and autistic screeching. Stoners are absolutely pathetic when it comes to defending their precious drug.

Should do the study in a place where smoking weed isn't illegal otherwise what this is correlating is the willingness to break he law and violence

Cannabis has a positive effect on the brain and anyone who insists differently is shilling. The problem is the dosage within the drug culture. Positive effects dwindle as dosage increases.

I don't do drugs, I just have a raging hatred of flawed scientific methods being used as though they aren't flawed. They did a psychology test and trumped it up as a chemistry test. Psychology is faulty, especially when done under the pretense that it isn't psychology.

Get fucked my man. The test has glaring flaws in it, they found what they wanted to find and published those results. The practitioners involved should be appalled.
>an institution dealing in delinquency finds delinquency
>knows what factors cause violent behavior and eschews it while also adding own failsafes
>adds criminal records to measurement, presupposing that the people were violent already
>young males age range is 8 to fucking 56
>their conclusion predicts based on the variables, that isn't a conclusion, its an assumption

The whole thing is a shame.

Don't listen to them, OP. Everyone who's not a retard has seen people who smoke pot for what they are. They're violent retards, or soon to be violent retards. I still remember all the smart, A+ white students in middle school starting pot and in two years they all had straight F's, were single parents, acted like niggers, and were fighting all the time "cuz it's cool yo, bix nood." So glad I never got into drugs/alcohol.

I believe it. Years of smoking weed every day makes changes your brain. You become more prone to mood swings when you are not stoned. Sure you might be mellow when you are high, but when you are not your brain chemistry is changed. Also can contribute to all kinds of psychological problems. Been smoking every day for 10 years.

Why don't you stop?

Dude, I totally belive you

Bump4truth

If violence is your only argument against cannabis use, then I'd say you've got a pretty weak case.

I've smoked for years, started when I was 16, smoking with friends on weekends, and here I am at 25, still enjoying the occasional bowl to mellow things out at the end of the day.

I have never laid a hand on anyone in my life, apart from someone who purposefully headbutted me for no reason in a nightclub once, I broke that guys nose.

TL;DR Thinking weed makes you into anything but a burnt out lazy wreck shows how little you understand it.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

Your study is equally as anecdotal as user's story.

411 individuals were involved in the study. That's not anecdotal, lol.

Read the source abstract you stoner fuck.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342
>cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/continuity-of-cannabis-use-and-violent-offending-over-the-life-course/F8E66EC005BDA73865872BD1F398A567

You posted this earlier fag....
again
"Young males from the Cambridge Study of Delinquent Development"
AND
"information obtained from criminal records"

You see no obvious problem with the sample?
You could probably associate mashed potatoes with violent behavior, given this sampling group.

Take your junk science elsewhere fag.

Stoners are garbage.

Is this an argument against weed or one in favor or banning alcohol? Because if you follow this line of reasoning alcohol should be made illegal immediately.

>he still thinks weed is bad when it keeps millions of degenerate niggers and liberal retards lazy and compliant to effectively reduce the damage both groups can do

When do some of you wake up and realize that the more we can have in our favor to keep the nigs and libtards from doing more stupid shit, the better?

Wow you sound totally full of shit man

>131446977
The information was obtained through a variety of other ways as well. Such as self reporting.

There are 7+ billion humans on earth, your test is 1/17M of the population. Its completely anecdotal.

CORRELATION, NOT CAUSATION

>enjoying the occasional bowl to mellow things out at the end of the day.
Translation: you have to smoke up at the end of every day.. you should definitely be consulted as an unbiased person.

Joke's on you nigger. I've always been violent. Did they happen to take that occurrence into account?
Perhaps violent individuals are more likely to use.

That's a false equivalence. With alcohol, you're only violent under intoxication. But this study is implying that marijuana alters your brain chemistry which would cause you to be violent WITHOUT being intoxicated.

You're an idiot dude. If pot causes violent behavior. Then how is it beneficial to make niggers even more violent?

It's called sample sizes. It's not possible to test 7 billion people.

If you really think you can convince ANYONE that THC causes violent behavior, good fuckin luck. This is a new one lol

agreed,

i honestly cringe so hard at all the anti weed autists on this board

>If you really think you can convince ANYONE that cigarettes causes lung cancer, good fuckin luck. This is a new one lol

>With alcohol, you're only violent under intoxication
Not worth the risk. We need to reduce violence as much as possible, right? Ban alcohol now.

Yeah, except we tired doing that back in the 1920's and we got the opposite results.

tl;dr dont give a shit bro

>"Pot mellows me out maaaaan!"

>Smoke pot and get "mellowed out"
>brain atrophies from decreased bloodflow related to pot consumption
>"mellow" emotional state dissipates when no longer high
>decreased brain capacity does not
>lowered intellectual capacity leads to increased impulsivity and short time preference
>violent and destructive behavior when NOT high spikes accordingly

Makes perfect sense when you think about it.

>its not possible to test 7 billion people
but its possible to subject those 7 billion from the behavior of 411 people amirite?

>Multivariable logistic regression revealed that compared with never-users, continued exposure to cannabis (use at age 18, 32 and 48 years) was associated with a higher risk of subsequent violent behaviour, as indexed by convictions [odds ratio (OR) 7.1, 95% confidence interval (CI) 2.19-23.59] or self-reports (OR 8.9, 95% CI 2.37-46.21). This effect persisted after controlling for other putative risk factors for violence. In predicting violence, fixed-effects analysis and cross-lagged modelling further indicated that this effect could not be explained by other unobserved time-invariant factors. Furthermore, these analyses uncovered a bi-directional relationship between cannabis use and violence.

What are the other variables controlled for? If they control for race, income, single motherhood, celibacy, consumption of other drugs and IQ, I might buy into it.

What does "bi-directional" relationship mean? Does it mean that some of the guys are more violent and others less violent because of weed?

t. Stonerfag

Really activates my almonds.

DONT LEGALIZE IT FAGGOTS
IM GETTING FUCKING RICH HERE

>tl:dr; pot gives you a nigger brain

Niggers are pretty mellow when they're lounging around and not committing crimes too.

Dude, I like totally-totally belive you now.

Woah, BYFO

>self reporting

Always 1000% acurate.

Take a look at my other post.

Shit

Okay, what do you consider is a good sample size?

>20% of the boys who started using pot by age 18
full stop. this is boring, op. faggot. nobody cares about this shit. don't smoke pot until you're 25 unless you're literally too sick already for it to matter. fucking duh. old news. fuck off. who the fuck is advocating young kids boys smoke pot? smoke pot every day until they die? jfc kys.

The entire modern scientific process and grant system is so fucked with department politics that almost no scientific study produced in modern times can be trusted without extreme scrutiny. The "art of science" these days is to conduct experiments and get any results the person financing you asked you to find.

If the theory is about humans under the effect, you would need to include all available humans. Not my fault we want to test "un-testable" ideas. I don't care about the feasibility. Science isn't about feasibility or niceties, it is about raw data. Their test didn't include enough data to make their end supposition iron clad, which hard science needs to be.

But psychology isn't a hard science, and these fucks know that going in. The entire test was masturbatory for them to get the result they wanted. 411 people isn't even a proper sample size to predict behavior for a fucking town, let alone the entire human population.

cigarette smoking rates are at the lowest levels in their history yet lung cancer is STILL a leading cause of death

Just saw it. I'm trying to make sense of it because in my (limited) experience with weed it rather made me euphoric and lazy than aggressive.

I'm having a hard time to believe that the substance itself makes you violent tbqh.

If there are no sociological bias (although they apparently don't control for race), couldn't it just be because users tend to sell weed or buy weed on credit and get into trouble?

it does, so does living around fucking morons until you make it in life.

what the fuck is your point? Its an addiction an an escape no different than anything else. It just has many more alternative uses that arent detrimental comparatively to alcohol or pain killers.

I dont suggest it for people with addictive natures, but that is human nature.

also, this study is skewed no matter how you look at it, its only factoring a small portion of the population that are prone to breaking the law.