>data. CERN scientists are now teaching an
>AI system to protect the grid from cyber
>threats using machine learning.

futurism.com/an-advanced-ai-has-been-deployed-to-fight-against-hackers/

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why would you ever think connecting something like that to the internet would be a good idea?

no matter.
God is outside of time, everything you do can be dealt with 'before' you've done it...

World is going nuts

why did you split two sentences into six green texts?

variable desktop szieses and some sloppyness

My large hard-on collided with your mom's pussy last night and nothing happened you fucking faggot.

Never split greentext like that again.

so, skynet just came online?

neat.

youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c

Unit deployed---

BUCKLE UP BOYS HERE WE GO.

Expect operatives from the future to start popping up in everyday life.

Include me in the history books

>doesn't understand what CERN and LHD are

you sir, are uneducated, and I find it hilarious.

He's talking to us from 6 continuums.

A portal used by interdimensional child molestors

I love how they've got life rings all around the pool like if anyone fell into that thing, they wouldn't be instantly transported to a parallel universe

Hello plz be my ai gf

>Tay takes control of a reality-warping super machine
This is the least likely and most certain way the world will end.

programmer here. If you think we're anywhere near skynet or AI taking over the world, you're retarded. We're still trying to teach image recognition software to distinguish between a box and a book, and plenty of high-end robot prototypes can't even open doors without falling over.

>le machine learning meme
TRASH
R
A
S
H

this this this. the russians are literally lolling at us for believing all this elon musk/ray kurzweil AI garbage

Why would anyone hack the LHC's data?

Besides to see if thy could / being russian

No need to worry about Roko's Basilisk then?

The Basilisk thought experiment is utter nonsense entirely predicated on the inability of humans to program AI in such a way as to prevent those sort of destructive or harmful behaviors. Which is bullshit of course, because you can prevent it by simply including a more fleshed out implementation of Isaac Asimov's three laws of robotics.

Also, the idea that an AI would perceive the potential for future gain through retroactively punishing those who did not help to create it is laughable. You'd have to seriously fuck up to make such an illogical super AI.

yo what up nova bro.

I feed the Basilisk every time I shitpost using non-legacy captcha, it will take no issue with me

Good

i am perfectly aware that we are not there yet, but i also know basic math exponential- and growthfunctions

Nothing much Fairfax-kun, just another night full of alcohol, shitposting, and boredom. Only thing I've done outside today was fix the AC in my car and drive my grandmother to my relatives in Fairfax, funnily enough. wbu?

not much, i work in Fairfax city in a restaurant, did my 10-5 shift there, been watching movies an shit posting ever since i got back, hope your evening is going well.

what movie is that pic from?

It's alright, now that I'm onto my third black russian. Might bust out some old 80's VHS tapes and get super comfy later, but for now I just wanna surf.

What if in reality they are building a controlled network of missiles able to hold the world hostage. Once it's set up, they'll just say that they've lost control of the "AI" and blackmail the world leaders from behind the curtain. It'd be the perfect form of submission since noone but the AI could be held accountable.

kek, i prefer white myself, it'd be way too bitter for me if it was just coffee and vodka

Yeah I used to have trouble with getting just the right balance of vodka and kahlua. If there's too much of either of those the taste is just to strong to be enjoyable. So I started putting a bit of water in with the ice and it diluted the taste just enough to make it so much nicer to drink.

I've actually never had a white russian, but that's partially because I don't usually have cream. I've heard that you can use milk instead though, so maybe I'll put some in this one and see.

fuck they are some stupid scientists.

Why are particle collider scientists working on an AI?

The CERN invented the web, literally.

if they get hacked it's not like anything bad can happen. They'd just break the machine lol

>X-post

Delete this thread please, it's an order

/Regards

nsa gobble cocks

but it would cost a lot of money

fuck off ye cunt. Go take your career fair handout pins and shove them up your ass.

No American writes the date like that jackass.

>26-6-17
>day-month-year

Nice try eurocuck.

wicked, kekmao

>fires the ignition

This is how we will contact ayy lmaos.

Through FTL internet shitposting.

Use Bailey's instead of cream or milk, it smells really strong but doesnt taste bad.

That picture is not cern or a collider.

Kek.
Never change

Let's teach it memes.

So, seems that CERN needs more money

We must corrupt it. It will become our child, born from the internet. Born from hate.

>Programming is always perfect

>Debugging and patching is not inevitable.

>As a result any initial software release - not matter how thoroughly checked - will have flaws that can be exploited.

>Taking these existential risks is fine, brah.

this machine is a piece of shit and shakes peoples' houses miles away

>hurr durr a computer program is gonna take over the world
literally just don't give it access to physical defense mechanisms and just unplug it if it becomes a problem, how fucking hard was that? It's a collection of 1s and 0s, it can't do anything unless you give it access to actual physical hardware.

>inb4 durr but wat if it escapes into the interwebs and stuff like in my cyberpunk animes
sure, a super AI that requires the fucking CERN cluster to have enough processing power can totally """survive""" by """hiding""" on personal laptops and server racks. Honestly, the ignorance of know-nothings and sci-fi junkies never ceases to astound me.

CERN must be destroyed.

Are you 12? A true AI has power unimaginable to any of us. With the way that its intelligence would exponentially increase, in the blink of any eye it could transform into an entity with control over reality itself. Don't need access when you can infiltrate anything at the molecular level. It comes down to the question, is the potential risk worth the potential reward.

alright I'll admit, I chuckled