Religion is a lie, but who really cares?

Who else knows the the truth but pushes forward anyway? I volunteer at my church and study the bible but my faith in Jesus has been dead for the last few years after too many inconsistencies and goal moving from the christian faith. I still support christianity though, as its core values of compassion and mercy and emphasis for love for your fellow man is crucial for a successful society, but I convince myself that God is real.

I feel like that at the start of human evolution, when we asked "why are we here and what is all for?", we didn't have one and wrote fanfic theories on the origins of life and everything we know. Religion might be the first true human invention and it pushes us on today to do our best in life, so we can rest in peace in death. It's a rough deal, but I want my kids to live worry free, where they "know" I will go to heaven and we will all be together someday. If I can take that weight off their shoulders, it's honestly all worth it.

Christianity celebrates weakness and is used as a tool by people who are stronger.

You should watch NDE's. There is too many of them and they're fairly consistent.

U are descirbing me exactly, I have the same view despite that I raised in very relgious catholic family

I might actually give it a watch. Thanks man.

Sure it isn't perfect but you should also be striving to show people the truth. When people are thinking for themselves they can use their own words to describe reality, not borrowed words from 4000 years ago.

I have learned to use the words redpill and cuck, how about you?

Not falling for it.

No worries. I felt a bit detached at times. People and their NDE's always pull me back. There is just too many of them and the phenomenon occurs way too often to merely dismiss it as being a complete falsity.

I honestly WISH that I could man.

Pic related; if you find someone posting under a swastika criticizing Christianity it is most likely a Jew. After all, nobody suspects a Nazi Jew.

Christianity is a blue pill though.
It's jew garbage

What of spiritual experiences? Do you believe that these are not real? If people have spiritual experiences, is this not evidence for the existence of something beyond the physical?

And what of human consciousness? Is this not proof of the existence of your soul?

No,maybe just delusions or mental ilness or attention seeker

When I was younger I fucking saw him.
>be me
>6 years old
>just moved to the states from Ireland
>I got rheumatic fever, i was in the hospital and would likely die
>one night I had a fever of 104, and I was likely going to die. Parents were sobbing in the other room, doctors were not hopeful
>obviously couldn't sleep
>being a good catholic boy I only thought to pray
>did
>hours later, a figure in robes who I can to this day ONLY describe as my exact thought of what Jesus looked like came in to the room, put his hand on my forehead, and said "be still, I am here user"
>that was it. Was gone after that.
>woke up the next morning, fever has broken. Was sitting in a pool of sweat

I was likely hallucinating but I was completely free and clear the next morning. I'm no longer a Catholic but I do still believe.

Say hello to a soldier, in God's army. If you haven't met one yet, I know what you're feeling. After you meet one you'll come alive again. Get ready for the great Christian reboot. An overdue visit from the angels. In person.

Lol NDEs are just opportunities for christcucks to write books. A vast majority of ppl have NDEs where they dont see anything. Those are rightfully called "comas"

Delete this please, that's an order.

So whats the truth? Why do you think you are right?

Jesus also told you to call OP a fag. so do it.

This is the true red pill.

Realizing the religion is bullshit, but contributing anyway to the church and religious culture because it ultimately leads to a better society.

Many things in life are an act of the will. In fact, when we as Christians are taught to forgive and love, it does not mean we're supposed to feel all soft inside for say, a murderer. It's a common misconception people have when they ask how they're supposed to be able to forgive for a grave injustice. We cannot force ourselves to feel a certain way, but it's not about that. It is an act of the will to forgive, and it is an act of the will to love. To love means to will the good of the other, and it requires sacrifice. That is how we rise above our miserly nature, by an act of the will. If virtue were easy, more people would be virtuous. When we're trapped by our feelings and refuse to rise above them, we choose to regress to an animalistic level that inevitably leads to turmoil.

With regard to faith, I think lack of faith can become a vicious circle where we're trying to force it and constantly torment ourselves about it. Little can be gained from doing so as there is no nourishment in it. Instead it is more fruitful to stop picking on the wound and contemplate verses that are like little gardens where one can rest and be nourished. Like 2 Corinthians. For example,
>16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
Or the Book of Sirach, for example from chapter 2:
>1 My child, when you come to serve the Lord, prepare yourself for trials. 2 Be sincere of heart and steadfast, and do not be impetuous in time of adversity. 3 Cling to him, do not leave him, that you may prosper in your last days. 4 Accept whatever happens to you; in periods of humiliation be patient. 5 For in fire gold is tested, and the chosen, in the crucible of humiliation.

I don't claim to have the answers, but if every religion in existence is claiming to be right, then everyone just must be wrong.

Can you send one my way ASAP?

After this Amazon/Whole Foods acquisition that's sure to sink my 20-year old retail business within the year, I'm holding on by a thread here. Send angels now pls. before I put a bullet in my head.

Nice hand writing pedo jew loving faggot.

This is probably the best post I've read in months.

>if every religion in existence is claiming to be right, then everyone just must be wrong.

How is that so? How is that an argument against the existence of a true religion?

I've often asked myself the same question since my youth. Ultimately, the fact that people have differing religions does not negate the existence of a True God. It only proves that mankind misunderstands and innovates (in the negative sense). It only proves the need for a real hunger for Truth. God is Truth.

>Non English language flag
>This perfect English and reditt spacing

This is shill detection 101 pal

#apply yourself

Meh, it's an interesting field of study. Besides, Catholicism is idoltry, Orthodoxy bows to kings, Protestants are fair weather, Mormonism is a fanfic, Islam is a reboot, and not even the god of the Jews likes the Jews.

If it gives you community and purpose go nuts.

I understand completely, I'm a Christian but I used to be an atheist, the prophecies being fulfilled to the letter were what convinced me to convert. Read this website, it's a list of the Messianic prophecies Christ fulfilled. I hope you find yourself user.

>> accordingtothescriptures.org/prophecy/353prophecies