Should Canada increase military spending to meet the NATO target of 2% of GDP?

Should Canada increase military spending to meet the NATO target of 2% of GDP?

RAKE

Literally no and its never gonna happen.

Any government that tried would be instantly voted out the following election and spending would be reduced.

we should just buy nukes and aim them at usa.

NATO shouldn't even fucking exist, especially after the Warsaw Pact fucking fell onto itself.

I say we get rid of NATO and force all of these leech nations to take care of themselves.

You're paying for access. Access that you want. Nobody is really being a leech, they're just acting in their own rational self-interest while you maintain your pseudo-Empire.

Canada should increase military spending to beyond the 2% required by Nato, we need at least 2,000,000 men in our armed forces and we must do what we can to fund this.
We just eradicated taxes, we must abolish all environmental regulations and become a major industrial nation
We will build the worlds steel, locomotives, ships, cars, weapons
The world will be wearing Canadian made clothes, using Canadian made computers, playing their Canadian made Nintendo and PlayStation consoles
Canada must become an industrial power house
And we will benefit from this, our nation will be richer, the world will rely on our factories, we will dominate we can build an army to surpass any other, and we will rule.

ok

Shut the hell up dumb quebecnigger

NATO shouldn't be a thing anymore

>implying we can afford a Military with our PM giving money away to everybody

>we need at least six gorillion men in our armed forces

Why? Adding men means having to add infrastructure (bases, housing, transport systems), as well as an overall increase in procurement. The infrastructure we have now is crumbling and likely not to be replaced for another 25-40 years.

Also, 2,000,000 man army is 0.05% of the population. For comparison, the US Armed forces comprise only 0.002%. The ONLY way to get that many personnel is conscription, and that will never ever happen, even if we are being invaded on all sides.

>everything else you wrote
China does it cheaper, faster, and less regulated. Not gonna happen.

>and we will rule
You have to be 18 to post here.

My suspicions were correct. Off to bed now, snookums.

I didn't say it should be, I specifically said the exact opposite.

Yes, we need to focus more on military research and R&D, we need to undo the mistake made by the Avro Arrow and put Canadian engineering back on the map by not letting the talent leave for the USA or abroad.

That's why the British Commonwealth and the USA needs to invade china, we need to destroy china reduce it to 50% of its population, destroy its infrastructure, we need to make them a useless agricultural nation again. Canada needs at least 2,000,000 men to achieve this and to genocide Africa, we need about 1,500,000 from Australia and 4,000,000 from the UK, combined we would be the most powerful fighting force in history we can wipe Africa clean, recolonise and make Africa purely Anglo, within a 100 years I think we can encourage Anglo Africa alone to grow to a population of 100 million

didn't your poo minister release some plan to raise it to 1.2% over a decade a few weeks ago?

>not letting the talent leave for the USA or abroad.
Well they need to act fast because I am inches away from moving away from this god forsaken place. I just read a thread the other night and there are lots of Canadians who feel the same.

former NDHQ officer here, not until they unfuck the whole Ottawa mess, especially procurement and the jugfuck between DLR/DAR/etc and PWGSC. Copy the Australian model they're decades ahead of us

>triggerd

Canada should raise the defence spending (as supposedly it will) but not at the expense of racking up more Jew-debt. Fellow leafs, we must slash public spending on health, education and welfare and focus on defence.

(((NATO)))

trudeau just annonced a massive hike. Dumbfuck.

And the mess that is recruitment.

JAG Maj. here, also in Ottawa, I spent three years dealing with grievance board opinions. What a shit hog.

We should abolish all corporate, property, income, and business taxes.
Increas tariffs on goods made in the Orient, encourage free trade with the CANZUK nations, put tarrifs on Mexican made goods as well
Abolish all environmental regulation
Canada is rich in minerals we should be providing the worlds resources, we can be a factory for the world, at one time Britain controlled 90% of all trade ships, this is a tiny island with zero resources, why couldn't Canada be even 1/3 of what Britain once was? We have far more than they do. We just need to work with the CANZUK and the USA to destroy china, we must reduce the population of the negro to sub 10,000,000 and the chinaman by at least 50%

no
leave nato, join CANZUK

I have an idea of how to fix things.
>cut taxes back significantly by writing a new law into the constitution that allows the government to take no more than 10% of a persons wages by any tax
>pretty much every government institution will suffer because everything is so dependant on government
>living situation will be bad for about 5 to 10 years
>eventually productive (white) people will move to Canada because of low taxes
>business will flourish attracting even more people
>tax base increases ten fold
>all of a sudden now the government is only taking 10% of peoples income but they are getting more tax money than before
>use said tax money to fund military and infrastructure.
There. Canada fixed. But my fellow canucks are much too stupid to realize this, so we will probably just fail miserably in the end.

ha! I was a unit Adjt and you just gave me flashbacks

also, if you need expansion panels sewn into your CADPAT due to obesity you get an immediate release...

O LORD OUR GOD ARISE
SCATTER HER ENEMIES
AND MAKE THEM FALL

Yes.

Low taxes for everyone help, it's like a shop, you can have very very high profit margins but sell less you make make less than if you had lower profit margins but sold more.

That's mostly why this country is failing so miserably and we are in billions of dollars of debt.
It boggles my mind how delusional people are here.
>WE CANT CUT TAXES THAT MEANS WE WONT GET SOCIAL SERVICES
We don't see social services as it is. The roads are in disrepair, health care is subpar, every government employee I deal with is a lazy and rude cock sucker.
Anybody who thinks that we are getting a good deal in this country has their head up their ass.

I work in the naval reserves as an inventory clerk

It would definitely help since we're hoping for the forces to expand slightly more but at the same time there's not much armed conflict like there was last decade

All of our systems that should work efficiently in the background become the full time work of a large portion of the CAF. But hey, if we all vote liberal, we get a big budget increase after 2019... unless Trudeau changes his mind.

At least Norman is going to blast all the shit into the papers after getting hosed, when all he was doing was trying to make something functional. Apparently efficiency is a firing offence.

It is also an issue of capability.

When the Canadian was kidnapped in the Philippines, we don't have the material to attempt a rescue operation. Literally our only option is politicians saying, "please don't kill him" then transitioning to "oh shit, looks like you did".

The fact is Canada cannot support ANY immigration, from Africa Asia or Europe, only 7% of our land is arable, we are destroying this tiny bit of land for our cities we can't sustain ourselves, Ontario has to IMPORT food now because we destroyed so many farms expanding our cities when we used to EXPORT food. Torontos population should only be around 1,000,000 people, the rest is from unnatural growth.

We already have troops in Latvia, Afghanistan and even Iraq
Not to mention a shit ton of our ships are breaking down. Before 9/11 we had little to no budget and just hid behind big brother America, it wasn't until the kid 2000s when we started putting our military back together

fucking Leslie knows it too, he wrote the paper before he hung up the uniform to go full retard

you forgot the

"i'm only pretending to be retarded"

just keep pumping out those long range kills

Yes, but defund useless bullshit to fund it. Particularly the ones that render us laughing stocks.

>Should Canada increase military spending to meet the NATO target of 2% of GDP?
>All these "no's" being posted

Of course we should; if for no reason other than we said we would. What happened to a man's word being his bond?

Why would we ever do that. Our geopolitical importance to the States is far too strategic. Let's let them pay for our inevitable defenses since they fuck us on every deal ever.

>have tree trade agreement
>DURRR LETS TAX YOUR LUMBER XD
Fuck Trump

No. Take more refugees.

what about the land grabs?