Currency in a Post-Apoc World

What sort of currency would be used in place of paper dollars, gold or bitcoins after the bombs drop, the glaciers melt or the Dark Ones roam the streets?

Would there be a straight barter system, and if so, how screwed are you?

Better start stocking up on bottlecaps, mil spec. bullets pure hydro, seeds, go juice and guzzolene. They will be the currency of the future!

We all know the answer, I mean come on

Bullets and slaves

Currency is useless, stupid ancap. After apocalypse, there is anarchy.

But no actual currency to back up, just a trade system?

So the gays will inherit the earth...

Barter. Caps is a meme that wouldnt catch on.

Food, clean water, cigarettes, coffee, alcohol, drugs, medical supplies, weapons and ammo etc.

Real world skills will always be useful. I have woodworking, plumbing, welding, hunting, mechanical, computer, general electronics skills. I'm sure I could scratch out a living helping rebuild society if everything went to shit.

Everybody has the fantasy that they will be a 1 man army and strike out on their own when SHTF but that is retarded. Comunities of skilled and intelligent people that work together will always do better than a loner. There just wont be any room for leeches. You will need to pull your own weight and contribute something to the group or you are out.

I'll do just fine.

They had money even during the Iron Age, mate... Like 10k years ago.

Metro: Last Light thread?

Just hope you survive the initial happening.

BULLET EXCHANGE!

>But no actual currency to back up, just a trade system?

Blacks will be traded for chickens and trout

MUSHROOM TEA!

> implying bigger and stronger males won't buy and sell you

god created man Samuel Colt made them equal.

You think you can mess with Nephalim?
Sorry, but you'll end up dead or spit roasted if you're cute.

Cigarettes, already done in Germany post-war
Easy to recreate, lots of ppl smoke

nigger skulls

>implying you wouldn't join a community that will help each other without currency.
Currency means jack shit in a post apocalyptic world. It's not going to be like fallout. People will trade things for things if anything like water for food etc..

THE CHINK SPEAKS
>based slant

collectible video games so basically half of pol will be millionaires in the apocalypse

Scrap metal
>Why?
It has multiple purposes and has a limited amount preventing inflation while also not being produced due to all of the extraction equipment being destroyed.

I only clicked your thread to see if there was a single non shit beer cap in that pic and there wasn't.

Ammo, medication, alcohol, woman and slaves

Could work

bullets for quick money, guns, working tech, slaves and cattle for big money.

Krombacher is halfway decent, atleast by far better than anything americans call "beer", though agreed, most of the brands are ass

I can tell you actually know nothing about beer. Americans brew the best beer in the world right now unless you're talking about macros, which are all shit anyway. Look at any top beer list from any recognized critic in the world and it will be absolutely dominated by American breweries. Belgium stands as a powerhouse in the sour game though. Anything from Cantillon is fantastic. Not a sour, but Westy 12 used to get a lot of love too, though 8 is actually better. Still a top tier brew.

>stella artois cap

Get the fuck out

>stella
>heinekin
>corona

all drinkable imo, but we all know american beers are the god-tier

sam adams, the boston lager stuff is the shit.

Ammunition, cigarettes, food, and alcohol.

>Best Beer
Australia, Coopers
>Best Scotch Whiskey
Scotland UK, Ballentine's Scotch Whiskey
>Best Bourbon Whiskey
America, Wild Turkey

I don't drink any other alcohol besides these. I might try different brands but the type of alcohol stays the same.

Violence

Ammo,canned food ,salt,booze, seeds, in that order.