Solitary drinking

Why is drinking by oneself so frowned upon in our society, and not only by normalfags?

Alcohol helps you find your true self, drinking is like reading a book. You may understand what you read even though you read it in a crowded, noisy place; but you won't grasp it as you do in the silence of your home. Same goes for alcohol.

When you drink in a public place you often hear music that doesn't set any mood in, get interrupted by people and fear not to drink too much so as to undertake actions without being responsible of them.

So why is drinking by oneself frowned upon again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ejIxL8KtUk
youtube.com/watch?v=rd46dYAr6ZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>find your true self
>frowned upon

No shit. Society just wants you to get shitfaced in loud night-clubs, not finding your inner self.

Because they want to drink as well, and you are being rude for not giving them any.

>Alcohol helps you find your true self
If your "true self" is being alone then you're fucked. Alcohol is a SOCIAL lubricant, so go be social you fucking sadsack.

>they

Who again, if you are a friendless loser who drinks late into the night as a pastime?

Good point.

Japan, you drink half the amount we drink on average, stop appropriating European culture. Furthermore you are a normalfag

> alcohol
> like reading a book
> helps you find your true self

I hope you're not serious.. alcohol provides no insight and does nothing but dampen your intellect and your consciousness, leaving you a shell of your former self.
The only time you think you gain anything from drinking is while you're drunk.

>tfw being me
>tfw being a girl
>tfw just want to have a drink sometimes and maybe get laid
>tfw society judges me for it
>tfw getting drunk sex too frequently leads to condom mishaps anyway

You should start smoking weed user. Drinking sucks and the withdrawal is a killer.

I don't champion alcoholism or similar practices, for example I try to set myself some thresholds I respect, for example drinking once in a two weeks. It makes you very happy and nostalgic in the same time.

>>tfw being a girl

>>tfw just want to have a drink sometimes and maybe get laid

Get out of here you gross subhuman roastie.

XD no

I think you left out two things
>TFW roast beef
>t. roastie

Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago. And they are still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend. Can you abandon a friend?

Last time I checked, doing anything by yourself is considered weird or antisocial these days. Not just drinking.

Nothing special in Poland.

Myself, I like to drink alone.
>Can listen to music i like, without someone else crying about it
>No fucking lsitening to someone else problems, I have my problems, fo
>Some people act retarded after alcohol, it annoys me

Seriosuly, there is not much occasions that are worth drinking with other people than picking up girls, or meeting up with old friend.

Because it's addictive and becomes a crutch at some point. No doubt I've done it alot but to say it's "finding your true self" is bullshit. It shortens your attention span, you end up doing random shit for hours on end and then finding that another day/night has passed in which you acoomplished nothing. Not to mention the drain on money, health and motivation.
That being said, letting loose and being a retard for the night (even by yourself) can be liberating.

I can if that friend is robbing me of my health.

Imagine if we never started drinking alcohol.

I know way too well what happens to people who drink every day and i have observed good people turning into complete useless helpless and brainless shit over a course of years.

Thats why i dont drink at all

If you need to take a break from stress or whatever then smoke a fat bong, jerk off like never before, then go watch a good moovie and eat something tasty.
You will wake up next morning sorted out with a feeling that your next life starts now and all your yesterday's worries were just a dream you woke up from.

Everything is better than alcohol.

Its addictive for people who dont udnerstand how their bodies and Ego work.

>Drank for more than 0,5 vodka everyday for 2 years.
>Got bored, and stopped.
>Sometimes still drink on weekends, but only if occasion makes sense, or i have something to do.

Alcohol makes me do stuff, like cleaning, playing etc. No idea how one can get shitfaced, piss himself and sleep under doors (saw that tons of times in UK).

Alcohol is op if ure not retarded.

Altho, what most people dont want to hear - Ive seen tons of people ruined by drugs. Mostly mj.

MJ should be threated like alcohol. Everyone knows it fucks with ur brain and liver, but somehow - mj is cure for all shit in the world. Yeah, seen that "cure" too many times.

If someone abuses something, and has low self esteem and shit - it will break him.

>>Drank for more than 0,5 vodka everyday for 2 years.
Congrats
You probably lost like 10% of your forner IQ and a good chunk of long term memory.

No idea. Drinking alone is sometimes more relaxing and introspective than drinking with other people

Personally I smoke weed like once or twice in a month.
I have a pack of Amnesia Haze just lying around and I dont touch it unless i feel like haveng a special evening.

Im trying to freelance after work and i value my time too much to allow myself to waste any more time on being stupid and useless.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ejIxL8KtUk

I see a lot of people who are socially conditioned to drink here. They want to drink but use social situations as motivations so as not to feel guilty for getting dizzy, because they are forced into thinking that drinking alone is a bad thing to undertake.

>jerk off like never before

I do it as a chore, 2-3 times a day, no pleasure, it's more like routine to me.

I accomplish nothing anyway, so why not enjoy?

I'm not saying it doesn't have a purpose. I'm just saying that there's probably better ways to go about it than through consuming alcohol. Also congratulations on quitting after such a prolonged usage but the fact is that a lot of people don't make it "back"

Sounds niggerish, try this instead:

youtube.com/watch?v=rd46dYAr6ZQ

>If someone abuses something, and has low self esteem and shit - it will break him.

>If someone abuses themselves because of low self esteem and their surroundings - it will break him

FTFY

People who blame drugs like you are, are just bad friends. Many of those people would never had strayed far from the path of success if they had people around them who could lift and enlighten them, instead of cycling shitty real life memes that kill the spirit.

>I accomplish nothing anyway, so why not enjoy?
No reason not to. I was just saying what it does. If you don't mind it then why would you stop?

I actually hope you're not serious. I've had many reflective moments with by subconscious while drinking, and even more so when drinking with others.
>Why
>How
Those types.

Of course I can still have them while not drinking, but you're being pretty fucking obtuse here.

There are rules.
>captcha pignola
Tits or gtfo

I might, altho soon everything will eb back. I started to eat right, and now im on my first 10day water fast. For now went 40h, but hunger already went out, so I guess im ketosis already.

Ah yeah, some people cant really stop, and the saddest think is, they dont udnerstand they cant. Always same shit "it cures everything blablabla". One of my friends has already so fucked memory, he forgets what he was doing after 2min.

I gave some of them books, speeches and shit. I wont fucking teach how to live 30 year old guys.

I just liked to drink, I still do, but got bored of things I was doing while I was drinking... so i stopped. Altho i sometimes drink beer when its hot as fuck. Its 30+ degrees msot of the time now in Poland, so its op to cool off.

You know this is a women because she can't go two seconds without stating that online.

Get the fuck out of here roastie.

I prefer to drink alone, drunk people are embarrassing so let me embarrass only myself.

For me it depends on the music I listen to. I reach the pinnacle of my existentialism when a bit inebriated. Dark experimental genres, namely post-industrial help very much.

>romanian ancap

Nice, same here. I'm actually a resigned fascist who just wants to enjoy his freedom in a decadent society filled with maggots.

>no pleasure, it's more like routine to me.
Weed does things to you, it both makes any movie an immersive experience and you get very sensitive in all ways.
Banging my onahole stoned feels like going off to space on my dick.
Eating icecream feels OBSCENELY good like someone is bashing your head with a badeball bat made of icream taste
And watching a movie feels like the characters are the people you know and care about and the plot is for real and rwally matters.

this is me plus psychedelics

Well, I'll stick to my trad ways of getting intoxicated, no degeneracy for me. They fuck you up more than drink does.

>king neet nation too lazy to even have sex talks about social lubricants

Hey Lucy wanna bang later? Lahey's trailer is unoccupied right now and I haven't seen you since I was outta jail

>Everything is better than alcohol.
Moderate drinkers have higher income, lose virginity earlier and have longer life expectancy than sobers. This is statistical facts. Sobers are social outcasts.

Because other than some alcoholic drinks that actually taste good, alcohol use is seen as acceptable as a social lubricant. How do you socialize by yourself?

>Sobers are social outcasts.
Yeah like Donald Trump

You should learn how statistics work. Aslo
>born into wealth

>So why is drinking by oneself frowned upon again?

I think people tend to see it more as anti-social behavior when really it tends to be a coping mechanism for people.

I speak from experience. A few years ago I had 2 family members fall extremely ill. To the point where me and the rest of my family agreed I should quit my job and take care of them full time. I felt it was my duty and the rest of my family would make sure bills were paid etc.

But seeing 2 loved ones basically fade away slowly right in front of you, to the point they didn't recognize you made me depressed as fuck. So I drank. At the worst I was going through a fifth of vodka in a 24hr period.

After they both passed I was able to tapper off and haven't had hard booze in over a year. I got fucking fat from switching to beer. But I feel a million times better not waking up with cold sweats and the shakes and needing to do a few shots in the morning just to take the edge off.

why do people need to know you drink by yourself, if you have no problem with it why give others the chance to judge

It is? I never noticed. Poate că am autism.

D E C E N T
E
C
E
N
T

I never really saw the point of social drinking. I always ended up far more fucked up than if I drank alone. If I'm drinking alone, its easier to drink slowly and keep a small buzz, but you do lose out on one of the primary benefits of alcohol consumption, the social part.

Frig off, Ricky

>Why is drinking by oneself so frowned upon in our society, and not only by normalfags?
Who gives a fuck, you're alone when you do it.

I love to drink alone. It calms me and allow me to vent some feelings.
Cheer up, Romania.

Alcohol has been known for ages to inspire creativity

Post tits, whore

Go away Yang

This Le/a/f is okay.

Used to drink alcohol at a foot bridge while watching cars pass under. It's nice to drink alone sometimes if you have good music to listen to (like post rock) and you're in the mood.

Its because you're and ugly autistic roastie and not even drunk men want to fuck you.

>872▶
>Why is drinking by oneself so frowned upon in our society, and not only by normalfags?

I'm drinking by myself right now, and I don't see anyone frowning at me.

Drank so much I accidentally (youed) everyone. My bad.

I don't know.
I love drinking by myself, it helps me to relax.

you're supposed to go to bars and buy expensive drinks then spend money out on the town

dont be a bad goy now