Who do you think would be the better ruler, should they seize the Iron Throne?

Who do you think would be the better ruler, should they seize the Iron Throne?

The argument for Daenerys: Daenerys is clearly more compassionate and understanding of her subjects than Stannis. Her liberation of the slaves is pretty admirable, and unlike Stannis, she can make compromises with people. It's quite impressive that she was able to take three prominent cities in Slaver's Bay despite being a foreign teenager. Like Stannis, she can also dispense harsh justice to wrongdoers such as her crucifixion of the Grand Masters and has a notion of right and wrong. However, she often lets her own emotions cloud her judgments, and the conflict in Meereen is a clear sign that she's not the perfect queen we originally expected her to be. Her unwillingness to accept that her father deserved his downfall is worrying, as this means that she would possibly punish everyone allied to Robert if she ever took the Throne.

The argument for Stannis: Stannis has had far more experience in a leadership role, ruling Dragonstone for many years as well as being a skilled naval commander. The fact that he was able to rule the Targaryen stronghold for so many years without conflict is a testament to his ruling capability. His notion of justice is in a way admirable, in his belief that no good or bad deeds must go ignored, and that good and bad acts don't wash each other out. By saving the Wall, it's clear that he's the only King that cares about the threat of the Others and acts to save the realm. However, his extreme stubbornness is a huge misgiving, as it makes ruling a feudalistic kingdom that much harder. His refusal to ally himself with either Renly or Robb Stark was borderline retarded, and his cold withdrawn personality makes it much harder to gain allies. It's clear that he lacks the political pragmatism that men like Tywin Lannister possessed in order to rule the realm effectively.

Thoughts?

how many threads does one have to slide to get a check from soros?

Fuck them, it's the king of the north or bust.

daenery's needs to get her punk ass rekt

fuck off fantasy loser

Now the got theme is once more stuck in my head.

Also I like danearis better,
Stannis is too easily moved by religious shittery

Literally Mitt Romney vs Hillary Clinton.

stannis is dead, so i doubt he'd be fit

>become queen thanks to your brother
>king happens to die so now you're the sole leader
>technically your army would never follow you on your own but thanks to the dragons that were gifted to you and you hatched by mistake, they think you're magic
>literally never do anything, everything is done by either luck, or any of your advisors
>be regarded as this super liberal savior who wants to rid the world from slavery ignoring the fact that it's already ilegal and one of the worst crimes in westeros and has been for years
>on top of this, retarded fans will go on how you deserve the throne that was stolen from your family by conquest, ignoring the fact that that's exactly how your family won the throne in the first place
>'wooooooow look how le badass female exposes fragile masculinity by shouting dracarys and doing literally nothing else yet again, so epic'
>'we are not men'
>how dare you betray and spy on me some time in the past before becoming obviously 100% devoted to me to the point of saving my life repeatedly you fucker, I literally hate betrayal more than slavery, now go away before I have you killed so I can go fuck the guy that's in my side because he betrayed his brothers in arms by murdering them for me over literally MUH DIK in the first place some more
>just sits there in safety during every battle, fight, etc, in the very same show where we have seen EVERY SINGLE OTHER major (and minor) character that is even close to a commander be the first in line, save for Ramsay, in which case it's even done to show that he's a coward/asshole/etc
>all this on the very same show where you have Brienne, Arya, and other female characters that GET SHIT DONE THEMSELVES, yet muh fucking 'khaleesi' (fans literally can't learn her name, which is atrocious in its own right and triggers me every time) is supposed to be the greatest female power XD character in it

Dany is the most poorly written character in the entire series. Stannis' ending makes zero sense because Martin went full-yaaas queen and neutered or bastardized every male character (except for his stand-in, the dwarf).

Dany is a classic Mary Sue. Terribly written girl power bullshit. When she trapped all those Dothraki in the tent and burned them alive while tainting them, it just completely jumped the shark. Oh well, at least the first 4 seasons were good (because limited Dany).

Kys manchild

t. accurate

Really I could go on, but it just fucking drives me nuts. This fucking cunt had EVERYTHING she stands for fall from the sky for her, and she gets ALL the credit. I'm 100% convinced the fat fuck wrote her to make readers realize all this if they had half a brain while reading, then was shocked when he noticed everyone praising this useless cunt, just going along with it. Her case exposes so much of human nature.

Sexist

Book Stannis >>>>> Book Dany > Show Stannis > Show Dany

This desu

Jew cunts D&D neutered Stannis for the show because they hated that he was a competent, unyielding WHITE MALE.

are you kidding me? That's not even a fair comparison. Daenerys is the embodiment of what's worse in the world of politics - she has nothing but a family name and charisma. In other words, she's like Hillary Clinton, a feminist populist from a powerful house. None of her accomplishments are hers, it was all either sheer luck, the work and wisdom of others (Drogo, one of her advisors, her dragons) or incompetence of her enemies. She also wants to 'break the wheel', to promote a revolution. Guess what, the wheel is there for a reason, and as she doesn't have a plan for a new one, she'd drown Westeros unto chaos. Every house would rebel, the peasants would go into bloody rampages everywhere, her actual reign wouldn't go further than King's landing walls. It'd be a mess, and only her advisors (one of which she exiled) could prevent it. The end would be the dragons engulfing half of the continent into fire.

Stannis is not a perfect leader, he refuses to parley with powerful rulers and is clinging to that shitty Islamic-esque religion. But he has proven himself to be extremely just and a competent leader in times of war, both as a general and as an admiral. Unlike Daenerys, who had everything handed to her, Stannis is fighting with tooth and nail to get any scrap of control in Westeros, and despite all the shit he's been through, he was the only one that cared to help the Night's Watch in the moment it needed the most.

Also I agree with

John Snow

Daenerys is a fucking Feminist Cunt
Stannis is Dead.

they already let slip he is a Targaryen

>they already let slip he is a Targaryen
Yes. John Snow is the Rightful Ruler of Westeros.

Westeros is John Snow's Rightful Clay.

He is the one destined for the Iron Throne.

Daenerys can take care of the Niggers, Italians, Sand Niggers & Mongols in Essos.

do you have autism or are you just drunk

Sup Forums is over there

I posted then deleted 2 posts due to Typos.
Then I posted correct in the 3rd time.

The series went to complete shit after book 3.
Martin is a giant hack and neither the books not the TV series are worth watching.

so you're drunk

Ideal scenario would have been Renly as King with Stannis as the Hand

If you think of it like a company, Renly would be the "face" of it while Stannis would be the CEO/President

It's also worth noting that Renly is no slouch in combat (he's always done very well at the Melees in tourneys) and is a keen strategist (deliberately making his march on King's Landing extremely slow so that the Lannisters would starve and have their army split while fighting the Starks, while his own army eats well and has excellent morale from all the tourneys/feasts, and takes time to train)

Not to mention Stannis had no male son and almost certainly would have no hope of ever having another child, Renly would have been the heir anyway

If Stannis hadn't shadowbabby'd Renly, there is basically no way Renly wouldn't have taken the throne.

watching any book isn't very worth while

Never watched this fantasy shit, but if any of you retards think for a second that the attractive stronk woman won't be the queen in the end then you're dumber than I would've thought. It's the current year.

Is there a black or a tranny? If not, it's gonna be the woman.

> hillary clinton
> charisma
Her poll numbers literally went down after she was campaigning somewhere. She couldnt even fill a gym full of people who cared enough to see her campaigning.

Dunno about the show but the books started getting written in 1990 and i'd imagine he had an idea of what the ending would be

>Stannis has had far more experience in a leadership role
yeah that's why he died

That >we are not men
line really pissed me off and proved D&D haven't read the books

Valyrian is a gender-neutral language, "Valar Morghoulis" literally translated would be "All humans must die", but that doesn't sound good

It's why Danaerys is a candidate for being "The prince that was promised" even though she's technically a princess/queen

That and the constant misuse of "pay the iron price"

And Robb getting married UNDER THE SEVEN

Cersei being the only person who represents Tywin, the only good character in this entire series.

>watching any book isn't very worth while
neither is reading them, unless you are dropping them after book 3.

>i'd imagine he had an idea of what the ending would be
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
You realize Martin wanted to write a TRIOLOGY. He is now on book 7.
He has NO clue what is going to happen.

Book Stannis is legitimately the only person who is fit for the role. Greyjoys are just doing it for power and rest of them are too emotionally attached to the Iron throne take the position seriously.

Ramsay

What is this, 2014?

chubby blond coal burner actress.... toll is due

i meant that she, like Clinton, is a feminist populist from a poweful house, not that she has charisma like Clinton. But I see that i used the words poorly there.

Fake politics isn't politics

this

the Night King is the one true king

>coal burner actress

Proof or do you just fetishize every woman into a coal burner?

ikr

Daenerys is one of the most unbelievable characters and fiction. She couldn't govern and a dildo without help and in a well written story she would have ended up as a prostitute for a warlock

Cerssei Lannister, she has no heir nor way to have one, she has no (((allies))), she would be the perfect benevolent dictator once she dies westeros would evolve into some form of commonwealth of noble kingdoms instead of a stupid monarchy controlled by inbreed idiots