President Trump wants a 355 ship navy!

The question is, can he pull it off? Also, can he bring back the battlewagons and frigates?

We can't protect a destroyer from a freighter so what's the point? They could all be taken out in seconds

so... we should build more subs then?

Meh. I'd prefer a fleet of space railguns to shoot down ICBMs and on-earth targets. We'll have access to falcon heavy by the end of the year and can start putting up major cargo into space relatively easily

Who's going to pay for it?

I'm fine with this as long as we don't end up with bloated budgets on 5d phase shifting solar eclipse generating cruisers slurping up billions of taxpayer dollars while in a constant state of tech dev hell. All built in your friendly senior Senator's back yard by the neighborhood global defense contractor who donated millions to him/her.

That's my fear. If you want to get a proven and economic ship design in more low threat areas of the world in order to exert dominance on shipping lanes I'm all for it. But I'm concerned that we'll end up with $50 billion dollar Aegis destroyer parked off the coast of Liberia doing fuck all but supporting the tax base and special interests of some politicians.

Well congress is asking the dod to create the US Space corps (no jock) in that case a call door gunner!

If we make a space corps I'm quitting my job that day to sign up

lol well since it would be controlled by the air force, expect to have a min asvab score of 75

This is Sup Forums, we're all autists. Anybody here who scores below a 95 should be ashamed. Have you ever taken the asvab? It's a joke

in HS everyone had to take it and I got 73 :/

Nice picture of a russian carrier. We need more men in the navy so we get more seamen, not more ships. Any ship dolan wants wont be built until 2040 as it is though, so its just a racket.

Study and you could get way higher. You were probably rusty on certain specific areas that your school didn't teach well, especially if you were in high school while you took it. If you got a 73 in highschool you could easily get 85+ studying, higher if you put effort into it

Wouldn't lasers make more sense?

If he promises to make one of those ships a garbage scowl and name it USS Barack Obama, then I'm for it.

you wouldn't happen to know the name of that star formation? something about a dragon? I've been looking into reading more about it

I think you should invest in these ships.

Same here, 3 points lower.

>Who's going to pay for it?
Mexico!

Yes build more ships Trump. I'll be going over to Seattle in a couple days and I wanna see how much more Americans can sink into poverty.

Large warships are death traps in a modern war. Huge wastes of money. Always have been

Only for space-to-space encounters, which is the last thing we want. Lasers in atmosphere degrade quickly over distance (at least for the current output we're capable of) and are notoriously maintenance heavy. Launching rocks with magnets is a cakewalk in comparison.

America doesn't need more than a couple thousand core people in the army or marines. The US is essentially an island. All we need to protect ourselves is an air force and a navy. Unfortunately there's no way the US military will ever shrink so beefing up our navy is a waste of money and a terrible idea.

Trump hates rail guns. Literally.