Legend of the Galactic Heroes

I watched this show because of this picture that was posted here. I finally got to episode 40 that it is from. I didn't realize is it is just a picture from a historical reel. Our future.

>Weimar Republic anime

T H I C C

It even hints at past gender issues.

Give me a rundown. I won't watch anime no matter what. Is this the same show with the cringey euphoric characters

its basically a battle of autocracy over democracy.
In the end, autocracy comes out more powerful, but the fate of the nation is quite questionable "if" the leader dies.
It pretty much hints at something in between as we all well know Oberstein did nothing wrong.

And the above picture was a result of democracy? Then after that autocracy splintered off?

Political space opera with Not-China/America/Russia, Space Prussia, and literal Space Jews
It's also extremely quotable

>It's also extremely quotable
Oh yah I think this is the one I'm thinking of

TL;DR
>Humanity goes to shit after centuries of planetary scale wars and extreme decadence
>Absolute madman gets elected to lead the currently mostly united Galactic Federation or whatever it was called
>Declares himself emperor of the new Galactic Empire
>Rules with an iron fist and has a hobby of eugenics
>Eventually his dynasty starts to go to shit, a bunch of political prisoners escape from a prison colony and found the democratic Free Planets Alliance
>500 years later the FPA expands far enough that they actually bump into the Empire again
>They get into a massive clusterfuck stalemate war
>FPA's government is extremely corrupt at this point as well
And that's where the series starts. It mainly focuses on the viewpoints of an admiral in the Empire and a tactician in the FPA

You should've watched this during the 2012 Election Season when Ron Paul was still in the race.

Don't really know how the reaction to that was here I was on a differen Chon back then. LotR was always being mentioned.

Could you guys dump lotgh related panels? I need to restock.

Oops forgot my flag

hahaha yeah its like one of the worst most skipable episodes too.

The scene in question

It's good, watched the first OVA and it's as good as they claim.

just sounds like a return to the "nasty, brutish and short" life Hobbes talked about

desu it sounds like western society today