I cant believe no one is talking about this

one of the largest cyber attacks in a long while hitting multiple countries and huge companies rendering them useless.
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/petya-cyber-attack-us-pharma-merck-ukraine-ransomware-national-bank-power-wpp-ad-agency-wannacry-nhs-a7810906.html

theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/27/petya-ransomware-cyber-attack-who-what-why-how

and you fucking idiots keep posting stupid meme tier shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MT3MwYlJBDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I DONT FUCKING CARE FAGGOT

It's a pretty neat piece of malware. Usually these give you the GUI, but this just keeps you in BIOS.
youtube.com/watch?v=MT3MwYlJBDU

They wanted Windows and they got Windows

This is the price for not having backups and running your IT infrastructure like a pajeet.

A fucking flood or theft could of accomplished the same effect except you cant pay nature bitcoins as the tard tax to get data back.

>Petya Ransomware
Darn those Russian cyberpunks. Nothing is safe from their l33t Sk1lz

You can usually tell the country of origin by the way the media covers it.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL he said cyber

I work in the harbors of Rotterdam. Parts of the harbor is in lockdown because of the ransomware lol. Containers can't be shipped atm.

Nice

So some idiot employee tried to download something and cost the government and companies millions in taxes and other fees?

Notice how these attacks are hitting Europe so hard, yuropoors are literally the only ones stupid enough to get infected with this virus. Is it because you guys are poor and it's offering free shit? Or because you guys are just retarded and barely know how to is a computer?

wow it's literally nothing

goto bed

Or maybe because it started in Europe and only spreads on local networks, meaning it reaching America is difficult.

DESU I don't give a fuck. If they release this on Saudi Arabia and Malcolm Turnbulls Government I would be cheering.

Just the usual CIA fuckery, Trump is bad for the drug business so they have to find alternative revenue streams.

>have non-intrusive anti-virus working in the background
>have anti-malware for the annoying adware and malware shit
>have common sense 2017
>don't download shady bullshit
>torrent 24/7, because it's safe as fuck despite what you inept western cucks think
>all ports blocked
>have a router

LITERALLY no one can do anything to my PC.

Does this have anything to do with that new-ish bitcoin currency jumping up in value and a bunch of GPU's good for mining suddenly going for 3 times their stable prices? This all suddenly just happened in like a 48 hour time frame. My RX 480 8gb I bought a year ago for $275 now costs $500-800 new and around $400 used.

Except the (((hackers'))) email address is defunct, so there's no way to contact (((them))) to unlock your data.

This is prob causing the btc bubble.

A lot of wallets likley abandoned by ransomware when their webmails were shutdown siezed.

>Have at least quarter of my brain matter left
>torrent daily
>don't get infected, ever.
qBittorrent is best client, frankly. Anything else is shit.

Your country is a meme

Give me some tips, then.
What ports should I block?

I am serious

*stalled*

Any speculation on who might be behind?

>Petya
So ruskies, but for this time for real?

gee.... not the internet... it's not like i'm trapped here or anything haha....

>Kurt Eichenwald deliberately infects his machine as a legal strategy

>207.8 Million Brazilians
>12 million Arabs
Yea no wonder why you don't hear about them, if they were to do something the Hispanics would slaughter them easily.

yea my girlfriend told me about this today, because her mother works for an American pharmaceutical company and they cant make the pills and medicine now. ATMs in Ukraine don't work and some banks are fucked up as well.

80, 443, 8080, 53, 27000-28000.

those are the most vulnerable.

>BIOS
no it doesnt you retard, it loads into the operating system, this infects the bootloader.

>i cant believe no one is talking about this
I can't believe how fucking stupid you are!
Why not check one of the 3 (currently) threads in that discuss ransomware?

This is not a poilical issue you fucking moron, and just because you don't have the brains required to figure out how Sup Forums has different boards for different discussions, doesn't mean nobody wants to talk about it.

shut up you fucking 14 yearold retard and go pretend to be cool somewhere else. This board is utter shit and its not made for discussing anything.