/Catholic General/ Protect the Hagia Sophia Edition

>Moslems trying to convert Hagia Sophia into a Mosque.
getreligion.org/getreligion/2017/6/28/hagia-sophia-evolving-into-mosque-the-los-angeles-times-omits-crucial-christian-voices

>We desperately need to meme Golden Dawn into power in Greece

>Passage of the day
>Deuteronomy 20:1
“When you go out to war against your enemies, and see horses and chariots and an army larger than your own, you shall not be afraid of them, for the Lord your God is with you, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. And when you draw near to the battle, the priest shall come forward and speak to the people and shall say to them, ‘Hear, O Israel, today you are drawing near for battle against your enemies: let not your heart faint. Do not fear or panic or be in dread of them, for the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.’

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JhHXqNjV284
holyredeemervan.org/gallery/2016-parish-picnic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Saint of the Day: Saint Irenaeus
Pic related. An early church father and apologist, his work helped form the foundations of the early church. He was inspired to a life of service to the Lord when he heard the preaching of St. Polycarp. A true intellectual, we should all strive to be strong warriors, but never forget to be smart, kind and disciplined like St. Irenaeus.

>Thread theme: Divine Wisdom of Hagia Sophia
youtu.be/JhHXqNjV284

Modernisn has me seriously depressed and many of my political views that would have been totally acceptable 100 years ago would probably get me excommunicated today. What can I possibly do?

That's sad to hear. I know in the states we have catholic orthodox churches that openly preach against Moslims and (((Christ Killers))). Just hang in there leaf bro. You will find your salvation on judgement day.

Any catholic Greeks or Turks here? How can we stop the Moslem barbarians for desecrating the Jewel of the Eastern Roman Empire?
Pic semi related

Thinking about converting to Catholicism here.

What are red flags I should look for in Church or on their website that would reveal it to have liberal/progressive leanings?

Also, what is RCIA like?

It's been a Mosque before, there is nothing we can do really. Edrosultan is hard into islamism. We can only hope for recoquest soon.

>What are red flags I should look for in Church or on their website that would reveal it to have liberal/progressive leanings?
Liturgy instruments being anything but organs and traditional choirs (not always though)
Priest does not take liturgy seriously.
"We are not political"
In case of America, priest/most of parish is Latino/From liberal lands of New Eanglad and West coast.

And RICA is basically shortened theology course that will last for few months.

Where are you from? Women in the church is a red flag for me desu. If you want to get really traditional find a mass in Latin. The only problems is Latin masses in America are going to be full of spics and Latin masses in Europe are probably full of Greeks

Just to be clear, I am in the USA. I live in the northern Portland, Oregon area.

>Priest does not take liturgy seriously.
What would this look like?

>Where are you from?
Portland, Oregon.

Should I also look for the receiving eucharist in the hands as opposed to on the tongue?

I was looking at this parish a bit to the north:
holyredeemervan.org/gallery/2016-parish-picnic

They look like normal people and only a couple of minorities.

Catholic turk here you can't its over all hope is lost after erdogan took office there is no place for us there anymore sunni islam won

We need to increase our missionary efforts in Turkey and follow the example of Pope St. John XXIII

I can't find any red flags on the website you linked to, so that's a good sign.

>/Catholic General/

STOP
RAPING
KIDS
!!!!!!

These Muslims are beyond salvation... we just need Greece to grow a pair
It must be tough living in that liberal cesspool. I lived in the liberal/negro cesspool of St. Louis, Missouri (pic related). Joining an orthodox Catholic Church full of like minded individuals was one of the best choices I ever made. Godspeed

Nigga the Hagia Sophia is over, it's been 600 years, give it a rest

Of course a lazy debt monkey would say that. Maybe if your country could get off its ass and stop being so damn lazy things could change!

Whatever stay delusional

>What would this look like?
Overly smelly during anything but sermon, sermon itself is a show rather than explanation of God's revelation, movements are too fast and careless, or, God forbid, he improvises

*Smiley

Lapsed Catholic trying to get back into the faith here.

What are some good texts outlining the case for Catholicism? Can somebody also give me the rundown on what went down with Vatican 2?

Is God watching me masturbate?

You realize that 600 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Maybe the reason your country is a 3rd world shithole is because people like you with no aspirations or dreams. Sitting on their ass collecting German funded welfare

Stay out Leaf

How's this? Is God watching me whack it? I need to know

>The only problems is Latin masses in America are going to be full of spics
Are you serious, burger? Hispanics are more interested in Latin masses than white people over there? I can't even imagine how that works. I'd love it if you could explain.

Allow me to explain, having been to mass once before

Basically what happens is that because a lot of spics can't speak english, they go to latin masses. The older generation of spics are very catholic, while the younger generation, not so much. So mostly it's a bunch of old brown people silently bowing their heads in church while a howaitu man talks about the good lord goin down on him

>Basically what happens is that because a lot of spics can't speak english, they go to latin masses.
what

Why don't they have Spanish-speaking churches? I live in the Vancouver area and between the Protestants and Catholics there's like at least 15 Spanish-speaking churches here as it is, and the Spanish-speaking population is not even that big, compared to what you find in American towns, even in those of Washington state. Them not having a church to go to, that speaks their language, is very weird.

There's only one Catholic church that gives mass in Latin here and most of the people there are German or of German ancestry.

Oh they do, but they also have latin masses tbqhwy. I've been to one (1) before, it was p. gey tbqhwyfam.

But serious question, because I've been having a moral dilema: Does the Canadian God watch me masturbate, or just the American God?

The only thing your country would do If we tried to reclaim it is side with the Turks and fight against us.
As the other Greek said, stay delusional, it sure must be nice to live in a dream in your head and deny reality.

>But serious question, because I've been having a moral dilema: Does the Canadian God watch me masturbate, or just the American God?
The Canadian God watches us all masturbate, but He encourages us to do it, especially using maple syrup as lubricant, instead of discouraging us from masturbating as the American God does.

Nice. So do you think that the American God is tsundere about me whacking off and secretly likes watching when I do it?

Is God a lewdboi?

greece is sold out to globalists their country is completley owned by them
nothing to do with vatican 2 but look up shoebat.com i reccomend it

>tfw i am a ghost
Deus Vult