Friends and family graduating into 75k/year jobs straight from school at age 22

>friends and family graduating into 75k/year jobs straight from school at age 22
>meanwhile I make 40k as labourer because I fell for the "university is a waste of time" meme
>tried to join the trades but no connections = no job
>too old(25) for university now

Stay in school

Other urls found in this thread:

ey.com/ca/en/services/tax/tax-calculators-2017-personal-tax
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

university is a waste of time

25 isn't too old for school.

25 is not too old for university

Wrong

If you don't have a uni degree people assume you're basically retarded, even with bachelors degree people think you're a retard, people with an IQ of 105 have master degrees now

bait. its over man. find an over 30 with decent job on an online dating side a blow a load in her it's your last hope.

25 is not too old to get a degree in something. Sometimes it's better to go when you're older as you don't need to fuck around and waste time and money. You'll take it more seriously.

University isn't a waste, as college graduates aged 25 to 32 who are working full time earn about $17,500 more annually than their peers who have only a high school diploma. They will make more than $1,000,000 on avg over a lifetime.

Also, given a choice, employers will almost always choose the college grad unless the non-grad has substantial experience in the field (10+ years).

>Yes goyim you should have gone to school, after all student loans aren't so bad goyim, and how will you keep up with the latest fashionable post modern thinking goyim, after all you don't want those pretty college girls thinking you're stupid do you goyim.

and here i live in one of the richest countries in the world and get paid over 30k a year for some stupid parttime job i do next to my studies

>feelsgodman

25 is not too old famalam. Go get that degree. CS/Engy are great fields

If Americans weren't stupid they would just move to Europe and study for free.

Goyim is plural. Singular is goy.
Go to college, user. You're dumb.

> was a laborer for 1 year after high school
> joined a union and earn 45/hr for night shift in construction
>kids I knew in high school have 20-30k in debt withe no savings and are only 2 years through college.
This is also with burgerbucks and not Canadian monopoly money.
Look for new opportunities/certifications.

75K/year in Canada = Ultra-LARPing

99% of people lie about their salaries

Realistically your friends are getting at most $20/hour. Programmer salaries, probably one of most skilled job in Canada, have an average salary of $53K CAD (37K USD).

Canadian salaries are the lowest in the G7

On $53K CAD you get taxed ~30% average and take home $35K CAD (23K USD) after Federal, Provincial, CPP/QPP, QPIP, EI etc. That's $673 CAD a week or $442 USD/week.

Minimum wage is going to $15 CAD soon and min wage earners pay essentially no taxes. That works out to 32K or about the same.

>yfw going $100,000 into debt to graduate with a CS degree and getting the most challenging job in the Canadian job market pays the same amount as some Nigger who failed out of grade school and now flips burgers at the local Burger King

Actually the nigger probably earns double because he sells dime bags of weed on the side and collects welfare on the side.

Lol. I'm soon going to make about as much as Canadians do, but with multiple times lower living expenses. You got cucked pretty hard. At this point you should assassinate Turdeau.

>go to uni at 28
>fug 19 yos
Fuck. I wish someone had of told be I was too old.

>not being an alpha stud and banging all that tight young pussy

I'd have to go back to highschool to get any younger, m8

>tried to join the trades but no connections = no job
that's how it works even with a degree
degrees arent work jackshit unless you have connections

>23
>Make $16,000 a year at wagecuck job i've been at for 6 years
>never been in school

You get 4 years to make connections tho

We shouldve invaded your Jewish bank

>Its free
>Tfw its not free.

>$16k
Are you a spic working on fields illegally? That's an eastern Europe tier wage. Step up your game.

yea no. college kids are not mature enough to do that...grad school MAYBE

I disagree

I graduated with a BS in Computer Science and landed an IT job making less than $40k per year. Some of us are simply stupid no matter which path we take.

> "Certain degrees in University are a waste of time"

i'm graduating at 27 next year, took a few years to work, save up money for school, traveled and lived abroad for a bit. went to uni at 23. no debt, no regrets. there's tons of old motherfuckers at school as well i didn't even feel old in my class, there were tons of gen x'rs getting adult degrees still. never too late user, sort yourself out.

It is not too late

>college kids are not mature enough to do that

I guarantee you some of them are mature enough too, but the real deciding is if you're MOTIVATED to. Putting in the time to go to office hours, participating in clubs, joining honor societies. I know for a fact there are college kids who are driven enough that they put in the effort. They're the lucky few who have unwavering goals and likely have had them since high school. They know what they want to do and how to go about doing it. They're likely Type A personalities, ambitious perfectionists with a healthy heap of egotism

For everyone else college won't be the wellspring of opportunities we're told it is.

You can go back to school as late as your mid 30's, its not too late its just too late to have a social life. That's okay though, you won't want to hang out with 19 year olds when you're over 25.

That's horrible I cleared 50k a year with only a high school education. As a single guy with no debt and a small apartment I have more money than I know what to do with.

another meme you've fallen for

This hyper autistic, binary, black and white thinking of the world is what makes /pol such a cringey fucking place. There is no age limit to going to university (I know you're in Canada but I'm pretty sure its the same there as it is here), just fucking do it you whiny faggot. Seriously, when you're 50 you're gonna really want to kill yourself because you'll have realized that, in those past 25 years, you could've used 4 to get a degree. Again, stop being such a whiny self conscious little bitch.

There are people from Greece, Spain and Italy on this board. 40k is better than nothing.

>was making $30 an hour while in school
>graduate
>been unemployed for a year while searching for a job in my field

the world is a beautiful place

A friend got a factory job through his parents right out of school. A decade later they moved the plant to a 3rd world shit hole and he went back to university at 27, got a comp-sci degree and a trainee job in automation on the other side of the country without any contacts the day he graduated.
Now he's programming warehouse robots to make other people unemployed, has 50% higher pay than his old job with company gibs like regular paid pub nights and seminars (booze and resorts).

Get an education with some use and actual demand and employers will lick your butt to work for them instead of the other way around.

which one of you memesters did this?

>tfw got a 100k starting job after university
feels good, still nogf tho

why not just become a professional rapist?

all you need is a dark alley and a ski mask

a knife might help too, but it might also make the girls cum so its a tough choice

I graduated at 26 from a 4 year.

>Education is a jewish trick

Fuck man, you make Stormfront look like a genius convention.

>>too old(25) for university now
Are you retarded? You are never too old for university.

Nigger I am 30 and still have a year left.

You're not too old for university you piece of shit leaf cuck

25 too old. Shit, I looked 19 when I was 25. I should have started College at 25. The bangfest would have been legendary.

I worked labor until I was 23 and went back to college. Graduating at the age of 27. I fell for the uni time waste meme too. As long as I get some kind of ok job by the time I'm 30 I wont be a complete failure.

You are not supposed to be labourer for ever. You move on and search for something different. You had from 19 years to 25 to find something good

>be me
>get out of the joint in 09
>enroll in ntma for (12 grand) it's 70 bucks a month now
>get hired on the spot 1/2 way through a 7 month course (35 k)
>3 months later (40 k)
>get 4 year apprenticeship (5% raise every 6 months)
>get 4 year degree (55k)
>do the best job in America on Rocket parts (75k) 50 hrs a week.
Don't be greedy and strive to Work on what you like to do. No drugs or Jewtube. Read and learn/listen to the old timers.
Questions?
>

>On $53K CAD you get taxed ~30% average and take home $35K CAD (23K USD) after Federal, Provincial, CPP/QPP, QPIP, EI etc. That's $673 CAD a week or $442 USD/week.

ey.com/ca/en/services/tax/tax-calculators-2017-personal-tax

The most you would pay is in Quebec at 22% average of taxable income and with a 37% marginal rate.

In Quebec on $53,000 income you have a take home pay of $40,984 or $788 a week take home.

They'll consider you retarded unless you agree with their degenerate views regardless, hard working people will judge you by your work not your degree.

You're a dipshit if you can't get an apprenticeship. Find a fucking union/guild, go to their HQ, and inquire you fucknut. I could walk into a fucking union office in Los Angeles (once I get back stateside) and get an electrician apprenticeship. Pay $100 at a fucking nightschool for welding classes, go to a fab shop or fucking ANYWHERE that uses welders. Walk into a carpentry or masonry shop. You fucking beta-ass faggot get some fucking balls and walk into somewhere to ask for an apprenticeship. A shop or union/guild, it doesn't fucking matter, not everyone has a slot open for an apprentice but you will find one. You utter blighter.

Also, uni is a waste. Only people with a worthwhile degree are lawyers/politicians, doctors, engineers, and architects (for some odd reason); not much else is worth gettin because of shit pay and oversaturation/lack of related jobs.

This, everything is $20hr these days. We live in a planned economy.

>drop out of highschool
>go back a year later and get diploma
>join military
>get shitty discharge
.work shit laborer jobs for years
>get job because I'm good at bullshitting making a little over 40k/year
>now 30
>company sending me back to school on their own dime
>gonna get a degree later than I should have, but still gonna make it

Just do it, faggot

>being a retard and falling for pol memes
you deserve it

>tfw 80k/year job at 23

>75K/year in Canada = Ultra-LARPing
kek no

Total income$ 53,000
Federal tax$ 4,919
Provincial tax$ 6,565
QPP premiums $ 3,509
QPIP $397.30
EI $836.19

Take Home: $36,773.51
Taxes: $16,226.49
Average Tax Rate: 30.61%

i'm 26 and make 25k a year as a phd student for the fifth year now because i couldn't find a job with a bachelors in mechanical engineering when i graduated.

>LARP: the post.

kek, if you're not retarded software jobs in toronto/ottawa/montreal pay big

>25
>too old for university

What? From my experience, about a third of my classmates have all been 28 or older.

Damn. You should claim shitskins as dependents.

Don't you get tax returns of equivalent on taxed income or close to it?

While it's not too late to go to university ever, it still sucks for op that he misses out on essentially 3 years worth of good income.

It's still worth going to uni, one of my friends cousins was completely worthless, doing menial labor jobs until he was 24 before deciding he wanted to be a programmer. 6 years later, he's making a decent amount of money at a great company (I can assume his salary is within the 70-90k range at the very least)

The best thing to do is to take the final redpill - the plumber pill. You go to a trade school for plumbing, work as a plumbing laborer for a couple years (about $15-20/hour) and then graduate to become a service plumbing technician. You'll easily make AT LEAST $150k a year, often times $200k plus. You'll thank me later when you're rolling in the moolah while your high school classmates are working for $10 an hour at Starbucks or Walmart

lol no. Employers usually withhold far more than you actually owe too throughout the year, so your actual take home is far less.

Your bi-weekly take home (26 a year) is $1414 CAD, but your employer would withhold probably an extra 100-200 per pay period because the government mandates higher withholdings just in case. Then when you file with the CRA you get a refund or $2-5K. That you don't earn interest on btw. Government does this on purpose because they earn interest on it plus a significant portion of people don't file tax returns, so they get to keep the amounts withheld above the actual amounts. It's fucking criminal.

In Canada? What field?

This is true. If a pipe bursts in the middle of the night, the homecuck is going to pay the Plumber whatever he demands.

Also many home insurance policies require that plumbing be inspected/certified by a legitimate plumber, so there's always demand.

Plumbing pays alright but let's be honest, you won't be impressing anyone by saying you're a plumber. Literally just 2 steps up a janitor.

This is a fucking pasta.

Haha seeing you trade faggots get mad is fucking priceless. You're fucking genetic trash you stupid 90 IQ loser. Kill yourself.

>night shift construction

sounds oddly comfy

how retarded are you?

I dropped out in first year and I'm making 100k a year working out for a living LOL.

C'mon pleb. You gotta go back or do better than that.

meanwhile in brazil our phd teachers make less than 75k/year with taxes and all that shit, you're doing well user

in Canada professors make about $70K starting as assistant profs, full profs 120-130K - taxes

which is the same

Nobody makes $75K straight out of school unless you're working for an American company.

and you'll have fuck you money if you're not a retard.

Service jobs are where the money is at boys, sorry to say it. Learn to do something people really need to do.

woops

>tfw just accepted 100k position two years out of college

Staying in school ftw

What?

>friends and family graduating into 75k/year jobs straight from school at age 22

>Mfw this is me

if you are above 25 and make less than 70k, honestly just kys

Network faggot. Join clubs, meet new people, MAKE connections.

Those master degrees are typically in the memesphere of social psychology (of which 75% was based on frauds) and associated 'alpha' studies.
Sadly those detract from the proper 'beta' studies in science, engineering, construction, etc.

In Germany it is

I went to a community college at 28...3 year program in 2 years...I graduated...
At 31, I started a 4 year program at Carleton U...finished 1st year, and fucked off to work and make monies...
Started a new job on Monday, Union...I install kitchens and vanities, fancy trim shit, whatever they want...
I'm not getting rich here, but $24/hr is nothing to stick your nose up at...
I don't buy new trucks, I drive older trucks that I can repair and get safetied...buy at $2500, dump another $2000 in parts and of I go...
I spend my monies on snare drums, and whatever DW and Paiste is willing to send my way to play with for awhile...
However, no...you are probably best able to now to go LEARN something...and comprehend what is required of you to succeed...
I'm fucking 52 dude, I'm thinking of a change...
>so there...

Christ, your government sounds like the Sicilian Mafia.

user there are probably tons of people 25-29 making slightly less than that

Most post grad students working at butfucks make less than 70k...I promise you that...

It is. That's why Canada has and will likely have a brain drain. Google it. Anyone with a high IQ and any skillset almost immediately abandons Canada.

These wagecucks bragging about $80K/100K (very unlikely, probably closer to $40-50K CAD, which is 30-38K USD), even suppose it's 100K, Federal/Provincial/CPP/QPP/QPIP/EI etc you're earning $60K CAD max (45-47K USD post-tax) which is laughable. The average Canadian earns $29K CAD, so these are extreme examples. Even so, the one earning $29K pays barely anything and takes most of it home, and likely pays no taxes. Meanwhile the $100K wagecuck can hope to take home $5K/month max (actually less due to excessive deductions, let's say $4500). They are likely in Toronto, where rent is easily $2500 for an apartment, plus hydro which is at least $3000/year or $250/month, plus other bs fees. They're left with $1500 CAD for retirement/clothing/food (food in Canada is 2x what it is in the US btw), etc.

Even at $100K CAD, the extreme Canadian salary, you're living paycheque to paycheque.

FUCK YOU, OP. My life story was just as tragic

>Graduated out of university during '09 when global recession is still as its height
>No experience besides manual labor and service
>Applied 100+ places, no replies
>Worked odd jobs from age 22 to 25. I make barely $13k each year
>Decided that fuck it, I need to get back to school
>Got enrolled and landed a co-op as a software dev
>Here's my chance. Don't fuck it up
>Fast-forward to age 31 right now and I'm making 90k a year
Granted some of my university colleagues are doing 5 times better than I am financially, I'm still glad I pulled myself out of wageslavery and neetdom. You just have to try even when you think it's too late for you

Nigger peace officers in my city earn $25/h minimum

>Anyone with a high IQ and any skillset almost immediately abandons Canada
this is actually very true, I've been offered a few jobs in the bay area/silicon valley all 120k+ usd which beats what I have now

it's unfortunate that I'm too settled in here otherwise I'd take the opportunity like some of my buds did

>>Got enrolled and landed a co-op as a software dev
>>Here's my chance. Don't fuck it up
>>Fast-forward to age 31 right now and I'm making 90k a year
congrats man! Where do you work/what city?

Vancouver, I'm working as a Java dev. It's contract work (hence higher pay but zero benefits)

>tfw no debt

im 28 and make like 11/hr

>31
>$90K/year

It's great, but you're lower middle class and living paycheque to paycheque.

The reality is in the USA you'd be making at least double that in USD and paying at most $50K USD in taxes with a cost of living less than half of Canada.

>assuming she wants to marry you after you impregnate her and not get you for alimony
People like you who assume she'll stay with you just because you got her pregnant are retarded.