Depression

Is it worth dedicating time and resources towards combating mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder and depression?

Or is it better to just accept that some people just aren't cut out for modern society and leave them to either suck it up and power through, or commit suicide and thereby become less of a societal burden?

We know that humans are better adapted towards a hunter-gatherer rather than sedentary lifestyle, and while our versatility allows us to flourish in spite of such environmental changes, not everyone is automatically happier as a result.

Is it worth trying to rehabilitate those who cannot (or refuse to) adapt? Apparently NIMH estimates like 6-7% of all adults in the U.S. have had (or still have) a major depressive episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drv3BP0Fdi8
archive.is/m9uxE
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4275336/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You just have to give them meaning in the form of love for their race and ability to further the interests of their race, I think, unless they're super depressed. Bipolar is different. I don't know about that.

the treatment for depression has been known since ancient greece. if people won't enact the obvious counter-measures in order to manage their own illness, there's little hope in helping them

Yep, we also need to stop selling fever medication and stop giving babies chicken pox and polio vaccines.

For this reason I am in favour of eugenics and genetic engineering. It's virtually evil to bring people into the world only for them to be depressed from the age of 8.

If we want to go the "function or kys" route we need a better method than making them work it out themselves. If we don't make it convenient, it ends up costing way too much money and wasting a bunch of time.

You get shit like
>mass shootings
>extra janitorial duty
>medical treatment costs
etc.

A proper euthanasia booth could process dozens of people per day at virtually no cost, and leave several organs and a useful organic byproduct sludge.

This is not a joke. I know several organizations that would be able to use and market useful organic byproduct.

I'm not so sure racial pride is a one-size-fits-all solution to this problem. Hell, looking at the graph in the OP, the highest bar is among those of "2 or More" races. I think there has to be something else. Religion, perhaps. The social connectivity found in religious communities tends to have an anti-depressant effect.

I think you're seeing a reverse correlation there. Depressives tend to isolate themselves, leading to less community participation. Forced participation seems unlikely to help, since you aren't fixing the root cause of the problem. If anything it would just stress them more.

On the other hand, they won't be stressed at all when they're part of your lawn fertilizer.

I think the importance of EARLY exposure to a proper social environment is essential so that social skills are properly developed throughout childhood and adolescence, resulting in an adult with access to increased social capital. At least in theory. Some people will tend to have a natural asocial disposition, which probably has roots in genetics.

SLIDE THREAD; DUMP SUPPORTERS TRYING TO DEFEND THEIR TINY-DICKED MICROPENIS FROM HARDBALL QUESTIONS

What the hell are you blabbering about?

When did I say I gave a fuck about NK? Stop threatening to nuke everyone and we'd let your shitty country self-destruct on natsoc communism just like all the others.

But then how will I get my organic biodegradable oatmeal substitute?

I'd rather not have to pay for medication and killing myself seems like a better option anyway.

while we're at it, let's gas the gays too

I'm sure the free market will come up with something. :^)

I meant from a business perspective more than as a consumer. I had all these plans for self-contained processing booths and everything.

Think of the profits!

Awwww, look at the cute little lost spambot

Depression is going to kill me through the drinking it causes. I barely even give a fuck anymore. I come awake freaking out most mornings.

Yeah, seems like mental illness and substance abuse go hand-in-hand. People get trapped in these vicious cycles and just give up.

Have you tried antidepressants?

SSRIs when I was a kid. Never again. Anti-anxiety meds might help but that's a whole other shitshow long term. Tried excercise too and no luck.

My family has some sort of chemical imbalance in the brain which causes us to be depressed. One of my great-great grandpa's wrote about a lot in his journal. Another great-grandpa jumped off the roof of his house and killed himself because of it in the mid 1960's.
I took anti-depressants for about 6 months and didn't do a thing for me. Wasn't until I started researching what causes it that I was able to actually do anything about it. I started eating differently like replacing candy with strawberries and kiwis. I started reading more instead of watching Netflix. I started exercising more, and with all this I realize that I had stop masturbating as much as I used to.
Can I say I'm a happy guy now? No, but I'm a lot better than I used to be.

>but I will always be a 5'4" manlet

Why are whites so disproportionately depressed?

youtube.com/watch?v=drv3BP0Fdi8 omega 3.
The western diet typically does not have enough of it. I had a friend do a blind test with me. felt better after having omega 3 in my diet for a few days. also anything anti-inflammatory helps and stay away or cut back on alcohol.

>5'4"
?

How can you even function lad?

You're a fucking idiot. Like really. I have never read such a stupid fucking post.

Most people are straight up assholes to me about it, so I ignore most people in real life besides my close family.
I've come to the consensus that online dating is impossible, and I have less luck meeting girls in real life, so I have to convince myself that the purpose of my life is to be a good example to my little nieces and nephews.

Hard to say. I suspect it might have something to do with how they react to stressful events. Could be they have less social support (in general) compared to other races. But there's so many variables you have to account for, that it becomes difficult to really pin it down.

Relevant study: archive.is/m9uxE

You mean Lithium baths? Those are so damn soothing but are expensive as shit.

Lithium pills are still prescribed for people with depression and bipolar disorder. Probably cheaper than taking a bath in the stuff.

Apparently they can in fact help: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4275336/

In terms of sunk resources and manhours depression and suicide are both a huge social burden. Much better to treat it.
Suicide rates are about 10x murder rate, 2-3x traffic fatality rate in a lot of places. And that doesn't count all the depressives who don't kill themselves.
>6-7% of all adults in the U.S. have had (or still have) a major depressive episode.
Diagnostic criteria are pretty broad, most of that 6-7% will not have it too bad or too long. Suicide's about 10/100,000 = 0.01% per year in Oz.

Risk of bipolar disorder and some types of depression is heritable so there's probably a big genetic factor.

We need government funded assisted suicide centres and let the problem sort itself out.

Fixing the Jewish problem would probably fix a lit of peoples mental illness

Society is anti-family, anti-tradition and anti-community. It's a turgid cycle of pleasure seeking and isolation. Fix society.

>Fix society.

Well, yeah, but it's not immediately obvious how. Everyone has their own ideas, and change is unlikely to happen given the sheer number of distractions available to the population in this day and age.

At least we still have the ability and freedom to discuss it.