Reminder to get a college degree or you will be doing drudging work for 40+ years

Reminder to get a college degree or you will be doing drudging work for 40+ years

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fjF---dfSr8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

somebody's gotta do it

/thread

At the end of the day that drudging work will pay you more than 90% of your jobs with a degree

You do literally nothing of value. In fact, you subtract value through your very presence in any process. Fucking well kill yourself, cum-guzzling desk jockey.

you'll be doing drudging work with a college degree t b h except the stakes and the stress will be higher

my brother just graduated from law school he does trusts all day I can only imagine the drudgery he must want to kill himself

reminder to buy cryptos or you will have missed the opportunity that's akin to being able to buy shares in 'the internet' back in the early 80's

OD grinders are actually pretty fucking awesome to operate, and being a machinist is a more active and intellectual job than most office work.

work is for plebs

You're delusional. Even if it was true, white collar work would still be 1000x easier if you know what you're doing

Not true

t. 32yo, no degree, white collar, 60-70k per year

I sit on Sup Forumsmowing lawns and delivering food to stoned teenagers and weed to old guys

we call them cyl. grinders here

>next 40 years
yeah no
robots will take your jobs long before then

Reminder that only empty people let their occupation define them.

>mfw I'm a licensed steamfitter in a trade where less and less people are getting into.
>mfw I already make 80,000 a year.
>mfw I become indispensable due to low workplace competition. And yes it takes years to get a license to work.

Easier does not equal better
Having done both, white collar is way easier but the time moves at a snail's pace, hate it
Blue collar, you can physically see the contribution you are making and you keep your hands busy, keep fit, and the time passes quickly. Sure, it's harder, but it's rewarding and what would be an 8 hour shift in an office feels like 2 hours on a working floor.

Easier, AKA even more monotonous and the type of job liable to drive you postal. Physical work isn't for everybody; some people would rather have a job that pays 50k a year where they can sit on their ass in front of a computer. There are other people would rather have a job that pays 50k a year where they can do something physical and at least build some muscle while they work.

spreadsheets and power points are more soul destroying desu senpai

>get a college degree.
Like every single libcuck.
Your a litteral retard.
Bet I make more than you. Doing your pic related.

Post some pics of desk jockeys...that's what college produces

Machining is a great skilled trade and the industry is perfect right now for young people starting out in the world who don't want to be in debt 100k for a degree that lets them sit in a cubicle for realistically much less than a skilled tradesman. (Think plumbers and electricians who make bank) OP sounds like a gigantic pussy who doesn't want to get dirt on his soft effeminate hands.

>college degree
>not investing federal aids in crypto currency

Shyggy Diggy Doo

Can confirm. As blue collar the work day flys by staying busy and active. Almost my active lifestyle and physical work keep me in good shape.

This

>want to do something that not many people can do
>need to spend money up the ass to do it

Damn, can somebody just fucking train me? I'm not a fucking moron. I'm just an unmotivated shit and don't know what I want to do for the next 40 years.

I'm the only one of my friends with a degree and all my friends are doing waaaay better than me. My best friend is making over £200k a year as a cameraman and didn't even finish his A-Levels.

I'm leaving my job to start lock smith training this summer.

Yeah because the way to win a race is to show up 4 years late.

>signed up for a mechanical trades course with no experience or skills because parents were harassing me for being NEET

How fucked am I Sup Forums? I'm borderline autistic and have no coordination or people skills.

Btfo by real machinists. (75k) no debts.

I get to live the best of both worlds.
>Get paid as an engineer
>Get to design shit
>If I get bored I can go to the shop and help machine, weld, and assemble the shit I designed.
>I get to go back inside to an AC office and finish my designs and other office work.
>Light blue jobs are god tier.

Your not. You could own a company in 10 years.

White collar work has too much sitting for me. I gotta move, I try to move as efficiently as possible. It keeps me in shape, and lets me pretend that I'm Bruce Lee or some shit. Fuck sitting, its for fags.

>slaving away for someone else to make ~min wage
>willingly put yourself in debt to receive years of Schlomo's brainwashing, then slaving away over paperwork for slightly above min wage

Either one is stupid as fuck.

Actual smart people can make it with or without a degree. It's not required at all, stop acting like it is.

>p-p-please sign up for college goyim!
This is all I'm reading. Kike propaganda to push another generation into the debt/indoctrination cycle.

This burger knows things and has it so /comfy/. Light blue jobs are winning.

>flipping handles on a machine that does the work
>drudging
I bet your skin's so pale you repel minorities like an inverse black hole.

we already have robot loaded lathes where i work not to mention automatic bar feeders
guess what?
someone has to program and set the machines
change tips/tooling
load the barfeeders and pallets for the robots
fix misfeeds on the barfeeders/robots
quality assurance
and maintenance
>inb4 robots can do that
most of this technology has been around for decades, companies aren't going to risk the cost of retrofitting a factory to do that (especially in manufacturing, not when they can sub out to china and stamp their logo on it
the only thing stopping my company from doing it is turn around time and to a lesser degree quality of product

There are too many retards out there who are only fit for manual work (not good at thinking), let them be

Once the robots get better they are fucked though

>tfw your mother sees not getting a college degree as a failure
I just want to know how it is to work as a tradesman
Fuck

In burger terms... ITAR - has got to be made by burger. Fuck China I repair the parts (they can't make) on the side.

calm down

What's your degree?

110k a yr. Yeh i love not sitting at a desk

when i was toolmaking we were constantly getting brand new injection molds from china, by the time the customer gets the mold on line, they may as well have got it built in australia

in some ways, it can look good on paper
if it's tool you aren't going to need for more then 2yrs (because you've changed your product line) why pay big $$$ for something that lasts 10+yrs?
it never works out like that tho, the chinks lie about what material they use, they can't design for shit and once the tool is delivered, that's it, you're on your own

china is basically like the Dollar Store of the world. buy cheap items you know probably belong in the scrap directly out of the box. they should never be used for proper equipment

>dropped out of tech school twice
>started own business at 25
>no fucking idea what I was doing
>built top retail store in my niche market within a decade
>now 18 years later, Amazon's latest move threatens my entire industry
>will just find a new plan and start over
>never owed a dime to any college beyond the 2 shitty semesters I bailed on
>always glad I never went to college

This. I got law degree and realized I hated it. Military TA paid for undergrad while in and GI Bill paid law school. I now own my own general contracting business and do most of the light carpentry myself. I enjoy working with my hands but I wanted to get an education first to keep my options open for the future.

>a job for 40 years
sign me up.
btw, subpar shill attempt. put another quarter in and try again.

Any recommendations on a viable company?

Noice.
I wasn't comfortable being part of the voltage. Ever chopper in and hookup?

>>never owed a dime to any college beyond the 2 shitty semesters I bailed on
>>always glad I never went to college

Does your business involve licking windows you fucking tard?

All you missed was a lot of hoop jumping and drama.

I remember working as a cashier when I was a teen. The skilled laborers would go through and they were overweight, tired, and had thumbnails that looked like infected toenails. Most of the older ones looked like they were nursing a chronic injury. Perhaps shitty pay in an office is better than sacrificing your body?

>crypto
>company
you've got a lot of researching to do senpai

Yes and that's exactly why burgers have ITAR. Basically means no other nation can even see the drawings. And I had solar frames (Weldments) 3 different kinds of aluminum from Chinks. When we welded it together and seen it the next day... Huge cracks appeared. Chinks actually sent one good 5 ton part 6160 and the other 15 parts were in the 2120 grade. Obama has cool with it.

>Implying a career like med school does not include hour upon hour of soul crushing, drudging work for years on end.

The college degree is the biggest scam in this country since the colonials bought land from the chugs with shiny beads.

Every single piece of fucking shit I have come across, with a minor exception who have touted themself of having a degree, are SO FAR up their own ass, they're sucking a docked missile.
Most of them are fucking stupid as fuck too who only got their bachelor's or master's and not a doctorate.
Fuck educated fools.

I wanted to go into a trade at first but my ego won't let me so I'm going to law school

>graduate high school
>skip college
>spend a few times fucking around with friends
>no debt at all
>start a business
>make good money and am able to do whatever I want, whenever I want

I love my life.

Nigg step dad?

Currently studying Electrical at a college in the UK. Had absolutely no plans of doing this course whatsoever. Went in with no social skills and made a bunch of friends and I'm happy.

>Reminder to get a college degree or you will be doing drudging work for 40+ years

Reminder not to get a college degree or you will be living at your parents house pretending your above drudging work for 40+ years.

Go into it. Not her life it's yours.

What do you think white collar work is, kiddo?

>Not doing a trade

Kekus maximus

>Be me
>Finance major
>fraternity brother got me a internship at his dads business management consulting firm
>graduate
>get offered job, have to move from my home of NY to Dallas
>want to get out of NY, happy im moving
>making 45,000 a year
>only 22
>insanely happy
>see buddy from HS
>meet up at our reunion at towns bar and grill
>didnt go to college
>became a plumber
>after 4 years he co owns the company
>160,000 a year
>hes fucking 23
>works 4 days a week, takes mondays off
>he only has 4 workers underneath him
>fucking zero competition in his area
>ask him what time he gets up in the morning out of curiosity
>Ill probably head to the office at 10:30ish maybe 11
>fucking raging in my head
>Im waking up at 6 and leaving at 4
>He bought his parents new cars
>Heavily considering opening up my own firm in dallas
>fucking fuck my life

These guys do well, dont let some retards who think just because they didnt go to college tell you they dont do well

How is "a college degree" going to prevent you from doing drudging work

>falling for le trade maymay
ISHYGDDT

>CS Major
>Highest Growth
>Easiest Degree
>50 k w/ a 3.0 GPA
>feels good man

Young /polers/ study and be the best at what you can and want to do. Don't rob yourself.
>Nb4 basement dwellers

You mean masters degree in business MBA.
or engineering or computer.
or learn programming well
I personally would end most gov spending making free market by getting rid of regulations and msot laws too.
This would really make everyone rich very fast.
AS USA did in 1800s while ending slavery.

Here in brazil engineers that are fresh out of school get paid 72k/year.

I know a mechanical engineer working for the gov in construction of the são francisco channel. He is getting paid 420k per year.

Better than being a cuck faggot with a useless computer science degree a hundred thousand in debt and no job at all or some liberal arts cuck stuck at McDonald's or Starbucks

Fuck off
This

the words of this song:
työlki ellää mut kaupal rikastuu
"you can work for living, but doing trade you get rich"

youtube.com/watch?v=fjF---dfSr8

But without dad/mom their fucking worthless. And couldn't hold a 40k job.

>spirit animal is NEET nigger
>hate work and effort, but not degenerate enough to fail at life
>go to college because 4 years of partyin and no responsibilities
>discover weed and spend the last 3 years perpetually high
>got a civil engineering degree and dont know what to do now

how to make dosh and work only 30hr/wk at most??

im definitely going to help build the fuckin wall, tho.

>Computer Science degree
>In debt / No job / Useless

Keep telling yourself that laborfag. If you have a STEM degree and don't have a high paying tech job you are just fucking retarded to begin with.

>implying intelligent alpha males dont find their way to the top regardless of where they start

Beta people with college degrees will still be unsuccessful.

Open comment- how many Jews are your bosses?

Fuck you I like running lathe.

>Reminder to get a college degree or you will be doing drudging work for 40+ years
Reminder that if you major in any of the useless libtard degrees like gender studies, communications, or journalism, you'll still end up doing shit work because you have zero marketable skills.
Just a reminder that liberals major in that kind of shit because they aren't smart enough to get real degrees like engineering and physics.

Get a degree so can serve people coffee.

High school dropout detected

I got a degree, pretty successful having worked for the past 10 years.

Would trade it all in for a trade job.

Unemployed chem major here.

Where did it all go wrong?

That job looks way better than sitting in a cubicle

you haven't started making meth yet.

stop using the word STEM

its engineering

engineering > x 10000 science

Apply at Chemtonics- GKN.

1. Don't go to college.
2. Get a job.
3. Work for those 4 years making money instead of spending.
4. Save everything you can to buy bitcoin/pther cryptos.
5. HODL
6. ????
7. Profit. (enjoy your time in the 1%)

I would rather make money.

>where did it all go wrong

When you got what I assume to be a bachelor's in chemistry.
You are qualified to teach high school chemistry and nothing more.
Get your master's you spurg.

Only a handful of bachelor's get you work like engineering or nursing. For everything else you need a master's or professional degree.

t. pharmacist.

Yeah what the fuck.. aside from HVAC guys with electrical certs or industrial controls electrical engineers I think machine shop guys are the best.

Do your research faggot. It's not hard to find out what jobs you can get with a bachelor in chem, which is essentially zero.

It's great until they get injured on the job and it fucks them over for the rest of their life.

Is there any positive reinforcement out there that can make me feel heartfelt that I'll have a job after another expensive degree?

Yea, I was an idiot and majored in what I liked in high school. I'm planning on a few years of the Peace Corps.

>Is there any positive reinforcement out there that can make me feel heartfelt that I'll have a job after another expensive degree?

Nope. Not unless you get a professional degree.

I chef it up at a retirement home
Unionized, great pay and i will always have job security
Old folks always gettin older
In next few years majority of my country gonna be 65+
Retirement homes gonna be booming business for next decade
Feels great
Chef'netly

At least the machinist works with real men. Not office working feminists and male cucks that are ruled by (((HR departments))).