Death threats against Berlin’s liberal mosque

>BERLIN // The founders of a new liberal mosque that opened in Berlin this month allowing men and women to pray together have received death threats.

>The Ibn Rushd Goethe Mosque, named after the 12-century Andalusian philosopher and Germany’s most illustrious writer, was inaugurated on June 16 on the premises of a Protestant church in a working-class area of Berlin with a high migrant population. Prayers can be led by female as well as male imams, worshippers from the different branches of Islam are welcome, and full face veils are forbidden.

>Seyran Ates, a lawyer, women’s rights activist and leader of the mosque initiative, said she had received many threats and abusive messages and was under police protection.

>"I take it seriously. I’m not ignoring it but I’m not going to be driven by fear, I’m trying to deal with it sensibly," she said.

Other urls found in this thread:

thenational.ae/world/europe/death-threats-against-berlins-liberal-mosque
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thenational.ae/world/europe/death-threats-against-berlins-liberal-mosque

Previous Thread

Berlin Opens First LGBT-friendly Mosque as 'Feminist' Islam Emerges to Fight Extremism

>A female imam from the United States, Ani Zonneveld, called for prayer as the faithful kneeled behind her in rows, all turned in the direction of Mecca.

>Seyran Ates' vision of a liberal mosque where all Muslims can pray together - women and men, Sunni and Shiite, straight and gay - turned into reality Friday as dozens of people came together in Berlin to inaugurate a new house of prayer.

>“The intention is to give liberal Islam a sacred space,” Ates said. “I feel very discriminated by regular mosques where women have to pray in ugly backrooms.”

>"I couldn't be more euphoric, it's a dream come true," Ates, the 54-year-old daughter of Turkish guest workers in Germany, told The Associated Press this week with a smile.

>"There won't be any hate preaching against democracy here," Ates said. Instead, followers can express doubt about their beliefs and approach their religion with sense and reason instead of blind devotion, she said.

>Elham Manea, the female imam who shared in leading the Friday prayers, said mixed worship is an issue of equality.

>“How and when a woman is asked to pray mirrors her social status within her community,” Manea said. “She is asked to pray separately from men, to cover her hair during prayer ... and to stop praying during the days of her menstruation. ... All these restrictions are imposed on her because they mirror the social conviction that a woman is not fully complete and perfect like a man and [that] she without doubt isn’t equal.”

>“I understand that change is hard, because one is used to doing the same thing for centuries, and it will of course be difficult to change it. But still the time for change is now. ... And we’re calling for it respectfully.”

Truck of Peace in 5.. 4.. 3..

>Women ruin everything

imagine my supplies.

This.

Ooooh, you Islamists....it's payback time. You want in? You got it...

Welcome to the west, islam now take your goats and fuck off

Imagine my shook

Oh no now that mosque will have to take a sensitivity course of the culture

People have tried to reform Islam for centuries, they usually end up dead.

So are mooselimbs going to have their reformation or what?

Funny, I don't see much mention of the nature of the threats.

If they were anything that could even loosely be classified as white/christian threats you know goddamn well they'd play that shit round the clock and offer millions as a reward.

Easy bet that it's 'moderate' muslims making the threats. GEE, ITS NOT LIKE THE ENTIRE PLANET COULDNT SEE THAT COMING!

>yay lets be diverse muslims together!!!
>except we do it our way instead!!!
they actually don't see whats wrong here....

>Euphoric

Like Lenin said "The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves.

>Feminist Islam
>It's a bunch of German converts
You can't make this shit up.

Reminds me of Christianity merely decades ago.

>white people trying to force their LGBT degenerate gay culture on to Muslims

>A female imam from the United States
tfw you shit up the entire planet

Be pretty funny if our shitposting actually did it.

It was already taking a while. Now it's just the bomb of the peace

Yes Christians had women and men only churches and a daily stoning of the adulterers and homos. I know you're a troll or a complete retard so i won't take this discussion any further.

AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

when you mix SJW and muslims this abortion is the result.
dont know if amused or terrified

>liberal
>mosque
Haram af, inb4 truck of peace

>all the guys looking on, bored
Such is life in an Islamic hellhole

>isis and islam countries get taken down by faggots and women

all religion is communist

anti liberal

I don't think there's anything I want to see more than Islam getting torn apart by feminism and identity politics.

>threats
Yawn. Let me know when they're dead.

This so much, I am getting an irony boner.

>deport Swedish women to the Mideast and Israel
>they turn themselves into glass
It's crazy enough to work...

>checked

We can weaponize these useless fucks.

Checked twice.

>in other news, radical muslims are the most likely to threaten or attack moderate muslims and zionist jews are the most likely to threaten or attack moderate jews.
this isnt news.

when the place does get attacked, the media will either dodge the obvious reason or even (victim) blame the liberal mosque for practicing oxymoron islam.

This is like my idea to crash pride parades with "Gay for Trump" signs.

is that some evolved form of cultural appropriation?

Breaking news Berlin, Germany - Liberal Mosque blown up by islamic terrorists.

When?

A terrorist attack is gonna happen there within the year.

Calling it now.