This is the United States James K. Polk wanted. Why the fuck don't we have it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annexation_Bill_of_1866
youtube.com/watch?v=aaZ4iNFyi9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As it turns out I'm reading "This Vast Southern Empire" by Matthew Karp.

The support for that depth of expansion only arose relatively late in the war. While Polk was warm to the suggestion there also a number of of prominent statesmen in Washington urging against it, particular with regard to Mexican territory. Nicholas Trist, the American envoy tasked with negotiating peace with whatever Mexican authorities were left, exceeded his orders by remaining in Mexico after he'd been recalled and negotiated the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo. There were ethnic and racial concerns in the conquest of all or most of Mexico. Polk had wanted California and New Mexico (which included Arizona) and got them both except for lower California (the Baja Peninsula.) The treaty was reluctantly accepted by everyone in Washington.

The armies of Windfield Scott and Zachary Taylor were tremendously successful in the field but they were running out of enemies. While the Mexican state was collapsing the nation remained. No one wanted a protracted or prolonged military conflict.

Oh, and with regard to Oregon, Polk was bullshitting the British. He always wanted the border at the 49th parallel. He was very astute in playing them though. It was Missouri's Thomas Hart Benton that remarked on the different approaches to territorial ambition with regard to Mexico and Britian, "Britain is strong and Mexico is weak." Polk always saw the military option as the first option with Mexico while being very diplomatically cautious with the British. Lastly, Cuba escaped full annexation a couple of times.

Oh come on, op. Chat with me. I'm as lonely-bored-drunk as you are.

We can always take over Canada

Dude, I've thought for a while that the US could and probably should annex all of Canadaland minus Quebec and work the borders to create a beautiful 60 star flag.

checked

We would have the french fuckers in Canada though, ugh. Imagine all new territories would vote Democrat.

We don't want to be part of your nigger infested shithole.

noice.

>nigger infested
The Somali's are coming your way and there's nothing you can do to change Trudeau's mind. In fact, I'm looking forward to seeing every European or European-ish nation who has always viewed the US as "racist" finally get those refugees so they can know the pain themselves. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes and then make a judgement.

That's rightful American clay you're admiring.

>In fact, I'm looking forward to seeing every European or European-ish nation who has always viewed the US as "racist" finally get those refugees so they can know the pain themselves.

Good fucking point. Literally every European nations gets on us for 'muh discrimination' now they will know how it feels having to deal with these assholes every fucking day en masse

>implying your chinese-somali infested shithole is any better

We will get you, one way or another, leaf.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annexation_Bill_of_1866

Agreed, OP.

tfw im a legal immigrant that had to wait 10 fucking years and now work in a physics lab as a proud citizen.

But i feel i've become more racist since I've come here and i agree with whitey (i'm persian)

ya te vi chicanito
sage

Never ever :^)

Because smallpox ran out of effectiveness.

canada's whole population lives on the border and it's less than california's. you're basically a state already.

SHUT UP AND ANNEX US

It's like a half empty attic of the US

no, you're our bug infested basement.

If you want annexation you better start gassing yourselves because we're not letting the Democrats control the country indefinitely.

Hudson bay looks like crater.

I kinda like that idea. How much would it cost for the US to buy mexico. Their southern border is smaller and easily defended.

Come get it then

You tried and you rightfully got LEAF'D

Try it again let's see what happens.

Said the country with niggers fucking their people

Man, if that happened, then the Gulf of Mexico coastal region and Caribbean would have been an absolute paradise.

Imagine Veracruz and Havana, but instead of retarded Catholics and violent spics ruining everything, you have beautiful white southern belles all over the place.

>James K. Polk

Objectively the best President we ever had, fulfilled his promises and didn't run again

Canadians have a tendency to burn down the Whitehouse when you invade them though.

Take it, it's a leftist chink infested shithole. No one cares about the north, you can have that too.

I cannot tell you how many years I have been pitching American Imperialism. No one is buying it for some because they are retards. If America conquers the entire planet then we can achieve humanity's destiny to become the American Galactic Empire. youtube.com/watch?v=aaZ4iNFyi9M

>Even more spics
>A bunch of nothing to the north

Yeah, no way

You fucking idiot, OP's talking about if Polk was able to take that land during the Mexican-American War, when the spic population was all round lower, and when Polk was arguing with the UK on where the Oregon territory should be cut off. If Polk had gotten that land before, they'd all be white paradise.

>all those beaners

Aside from that BC would have been better off as a US state

>they'd all be white paradise!

Yeah, just like our country is today.

Oh wait.

>become instantly 5% white

You really want to absorb all of Africa, China, India, and South America into the US?

how can you unironically support the empire/first order

Having access to Mexico gives us tons of useful idiots as bodies to use in conquering the globe. Lots of cheap labor for weapons and ammo manufacture as well, not to mention the low cost farm labor. They also give us access to a huge drug trade that we can use to pollute and further weaken other countries before we conquer/annex them. Also it gives us good position to take the Panama canal to help us restrict global trade.
No one said we need to treat them fairly. We need their resources and can use their people to manufacture. Dissidents get the firing squad.

Honestly all of Canada is rightful American clay.

They are often the only ones that have the power to protect the galaxy from huge external threats. Notice how the rebellion is full of degenerates, and scum. They even say so themselves that their places of gathering are hives of villainy and scum. The Empire is the only way humanity conquers the galaxy realistically and stops degenerates.

"We" wouldn't have a fuckin' choice now, would "we?"

It all sounds so simple and easy in your head.

Listen, just because you did it in Civilization doesn't mean it's going to work in the real world. Plus, the days of global conquest are over, all the major players are too dependent on each other economically to wage an actual war and if it did reach that point nuclear missiles would enter into the picture and we'd all be fucked.

American's missile defense is almost to the point that nations only option would be to suicide nuke themselves, but the Americas will be the easy part to conquer. After that We can get large swaths of Europe to outright surrender as their military is a joke. I imagine, when we have power and resources of that level and restrict it from both the PRC and Russia we can starve them out by controlling trade. Both their Navies combined cannot force themselves through any blockade. America already pretty much governs the world, and if we exert force many more will just accept it. Also, stop being a fucking coward. The ONLY way to save humanity is if America conquers the planet and uses the resources to travel into the galaxy.