Are plastic water bottles safe to drink from? Do the chemicals they leach affect one's behavior...

Are plastic water bottles safe to drink from? Do the chemicals they leach affect one's behavior? What are the alternatives?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/CNCShop-Distiller-Distillation-Stainless-Effective/dp/B011N1JOYM/ref=sr_1_5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i don't drink my tap water and have yet to fall prey to the filtering jew. so i drink about 8 of these a day, and have done so for over 5 years. no ill behavioral effects yet unless they can cause anger but i think that's just happening anyway as i get older. still jacked and tanned and my dick gets rock hard.

there was something about sunlight exposure fucking up the plastic and and causing some issue with the water but it's not an issue for me.
and you better believe each and every one of those goes right into the trash and not the recycling.

Why throw them away? It takes less than 2 minutes to build a bong out of them, you could sell those to school kids for 50 cents a pop and make some money on the side.

ya dont leave the bottles in the sun, it leaches chemicals then.

i just dont have the time for it. i go through a ton of these fucking things and they crush up real good and lay flat in the trash, plus they are pleasant to grab in a bunch and just crush like the same sensation you get from bubble wrap. i'd recycle them but im pretty sure that's a waste of time at best

Just use this user

Yeah, recycling often turns out to be a scam because most landfills haven't upgraded their infrastructure to handle it, so they throw everything which isn't metal into one huge oven anyways.

I only drink bottled spring water and LaCroix. And I have pretty good quality tap water in my city. Tastes better.
No side effects that I've experienced.

This happens

>What are the alternatives?

I became Chad with my sink water let that sink in

No they are not

Watch Plastic planet for a basic rundown on why plastic on the day to day life is a recipe for cancer and infertility en masse, from water bottles, to the PVC contained in your car's dashboard

I don't drink the tap in my city because we have hard water. I'm mostly wondering what is the best type of water container to carry around during the day.

Water technician here.
They don't effect behavior.
There are possible carcinogens from the plastic, especially if left in the sun and the plastic starts to corrode. But pretty much everything these days are considered to cause cancer. Some people speculate that there are chemicals that leach from plastic that can transfer from a pregnant mother to a fetus which could be linked to increases in autism, etc. But again there are a million other possible causes.

Refilling a plastic bottle with tap water a few times isn't going to do harm. The bottled water company wants you to think that.

If you live in a city, chances are you don't need bottled water and the citizens are paying huge amounts of money to make that water drinkable from the tap. So why go and buy bottled water?
The exception are places like Flint where the general population was ignorant and not politically involved while the state government was very corrupt.

Glass is the safest. Stainless steel vacuum insulated containers are starting to be more popular though.

I like stainless steel, but I've found that they're a pain to clean

Since you live in the USA, pretty much any bottle that is marketed as refillable is safe. The bottled water industry is trying to push the paranoia about refillable bottles.

If you're really concerned, glass is the least likely to break down.

Nope. Get a fucking filter and decent water bottle (vacuum insulated ones are affordable these days)

The rubber seals get dirty, but otherwise they're fairly easy to clean. Which style cup do you use?

Glass is the least likely to break down, but the least practical to take everywhere with you. I'm in a hot part of the country and I drink a lot of water.

If I don't have a tap, where can I refill my glass water bottle?

How about pig bladders? Completely organic, and they weigh almost nothing. Pretty classy, too.

it does, its one of the reasons why people are wanting to be women and shit now. those mentally ill faggots do that shit because of a permanent anomalous brain structure. what i think causes that is estrogen in our water (and things like bpa) and also circumsision, its a combination of both of those, along with maybe some other things
>drinking tap water
not only is it fucking disgusting but theres also bad shit in it.
the best kind of water filtering system is first running it through reverse osmosis, then distilling that, if you do this you will get completely pure water.

circumsision doesnt always effect it though, however circumsision is trauma and causes the brain to be altered and never recover.

shit okay. I'm renting an apartment out for the summer for a job and I have no filtering system, any suggestions?

people dont drink tap water because of the fluoride you idiot

Get a reverse osmosis system for your sink. It's like 150 dollars and takes 10-15 minutes to install.

well you could get a coal water filter, those are pretty cheap, although i dont actually know how well they can filter water
you could buy just a distiller though(dont let it drip into a plastic container though or theres no real point in it). a distiller alone gets most of everything out of the water, but not everything. you could buy this one though amazon.com/CNCShop-Distiller-Distillation-Stainless-Effective/dp/B011N1JOYM/ref=sr_1_5 and just have it drip into a glass container though, its only 70$

The amount of chemicals which are transferred to the water are too minute to be a concern. Just don't expose it to direct sunlight for large periods of time, which nobody would do unless they liked it piss-warm, and you will be fine.
However, if you decide to go for a glass/steel bottle, clean them real good. They may have chemical coatings left over from the manufacturing process.

also pic related is the residue that was left on the inside of my distiller after 2 gallons of tap water

Thanks fellas