Give me one good reason that Japan shouldn't be allowed to have a military the size of the United States

Give me one good reason that Japan shouldn't be allowed to have a military the size of the United States.

You were given 2 nukes as a friendly gesture, but you blew them up

You don't seem to be that good at handling weapons

They wouldnt be able to upkeep one that size.

They would need a draft.

Japan doesnt want a military that large.

Not enough space for that many bases.
I think all the US bases in the world would be bigger than Tokyo.

Japan doesnt have that large of a military budget.

Would you like to know more?

Because we rule the world, not you, slant eyes. Go fuck yourself.

haha you need more atom bombs over there duuude? don't forget who your daddy is

They could if they could afford the abhorrently expensive price tag.

Arent most of you pacifist?

>be allowed

Itself. No one wants to join that damn cucked military and the dregs that do are useless.

US has miliary of 2 million.

>Be allowed
How about being able to?

They should be allowed to have a military. The size of being the size of the US' is economically preposterous. Unless you just want a bunch of useless civilians with cheap guns and knives. A well trained military with good tech the size of the US' is economically impossible.

I think Japan should upgrade their military. We're going to need strong allies in the upcoming world war.

>Japan doesnt want a military that large.
Maybe not now but outsiders forcing the decision is an infringement of sovereignty.
>Not enough space for that many bases.
>bases in the world
>Not enough space in the world
???

Because there arent enough ENGLISH TEACHERs to man it, gaijin pig.

Because Japan is our property and we got their back while they produce anime and sony slave robots

You know damn well why not.

One good reason:
T H E Y L O S T
T
H
E
Y

L
O
S
T

tpbp /thread

You don't have the money? Nor the people? Nor the resources?
And because you are inherently crazy people I wouldn't lend my knife and turn my back to.
We all saw what you were capable of during WW2, I think we all agree that it was enough.

This. Japan needs nukes.

Nobody in Japan thinks it's a country for which it is worth fighting.

Join United States.The Pacific WILL be ours
It takes Care of your Immigration problems (low skilled workers)We should just give Japan a Aircraft carrier some nukes & 2nd amendment; problems solved.We would love to have you.
Then we can build Mech's finally!

Ok, go force the world to just LET you have bases spanning the globe, dumbass. Where does Japan have bases or able to deploy bases? Thats right. Japan.
Where is the US able to deploy bases? Almost the entire world. How are you not understanding this?

also to add to this. You arent understandimg Japan cant recurit at the same rate as the US does. Planning on conscripting that many people?

You're autistic. The last time we allowed an autiditic country to have a huge army, they started two world wars.

Because you agreed not to have one in exchange for protection. Because you're being cool about it, we're letting you rearm responsibly, but we're not about to let you go full Kamikaze again.

Wait what?
Actually the "autodefend" of Japan has some shit, invisible submarines with "Soryu" tecnology, based with electronic system and other type of tecnology ,this is actually increasing

Oh wow, you guys don't think it's still the USA that dictates that shit do you?
Japan has chosen not to, it's not under any sort of treaty.

Those are retarded numbers. France 29%? United Kingdom 27%? Do you know that those are some of the most patriotic countries? And Japan is as patriotic as them. People probably answered that they wouldn't fight because they didn't feel that they would ever have to...

japs don't want one for some reason
Americans wouldn't stop you at this point

Based suomi

Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution

Doesn't look like the flag of Israel

We want it to but it doesn't

The problem is that they don't want a strong military.

>Netherlands 15%

I'm not surprised when you look at our high tech military armed with only top of the line sticks and stones.

You had your chance and lost. Might be time to drop a couple more nukes as a reminder though.

>outsiders forcing the decision is an infringement of sovereignty.
You lost your sovereignty when you picked the losing side in WW2. How much freedom you're allowed depends on what American wants.

> shouldn't be allowed
In a multipolar world Japan will always be a rival to China. For that reason a strong Japan is good for the US, especially since we have very amicable relations. The only thing limiting Japan is the Japanese people themselves.

>Five sizes for Unit-01
Explain.

We want military bases to be closer to the all the North Koreans we are killing

They are already in irrecoverable debt

Mongols tend to invade other countries.

There's a difference between being patriotic and actually being dumb enough to die for your govt.

I like Britain but I'm not going to go and risk my life just because the govt tells me to.

Constitution.

but you are allowed to do whatever you want since few years?

You speak the truth, my good fellow with the bad teeth. There is a big difference between dying autistically for your government and whichever group profits from it and defending, possibly dying for something you believe in.

Finnish people are among the worst in that regard. Probably like 90 % would happily die for the government. And to think that we mongols were great once.

Is this polling everyone or just people of military age? Because like 75% of Japan is over 40 so there isn't much to work with.

You can't financially support something that large
Nobody can but us
That's why we are the only ones

The masculinity got bombed right out of Japan.

Because then they'd be a threat to our hegemony. Fuck that.

>Closest military all Funlan is at fucking 74%
>We are at abysmal 44%
Don't worry once the shitskins have been dealt with that number will be much higher

You lost the war faggot, the winner gets to impose his conditions on the loser. They aren't allowed because that was one of the conditions of your UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER.

Except Trump has openly said that the Japs should arm themselves again

Your people are batshit insane dude

Even your children have flawed morals

Source pls

anime

bump

>have a military the size of the United States
That would make what, 150% of males aged 16 to 25 an army personnel

It's not needed for either country. The USA should downsize its military by at least 80%

I'd have no objections to giving Japan a military budget similar to the US, as long as you started building mecha suits

Well pussy, step the fuck up. Change your government constitution, and have a military.
Lots of nations will talk smack at you but honestly, half of them are eurofags in countries almost as or more laughably irrelevant as yours; THEY aren't going to do jack if answering it steps in the way of their funding their social gov-gib'nummies.
In fact, if any country has a total number of aircraft carriers that is smaller than, say, 1... their opinion doesn't really matter. Same as their ability to project force.

A country such as your though jap, that culturally views even lifting weights as being equated to being a homosexual, even moreso than dressing in drag? A land of neets, old people, infertility and anime?
I dunno man. I think you might want to work on that culture a little bit, before you go off vastly expanding your military budget.

Article 9.

They should be allowed to just like Germany should, it is not WW2 any more they are not enemies and should be free to do what they want

First your going to have to do something about your lost youth. Half larp as Americans and the rest live in stacked boxes too afraid to even have an opinion.

Sounds like "Europeans"

we bring dihonrer to japun

Because America dropped nukes on them and therefor conquered the once proud nation. Kinda surprised we didn't strip them of their name and call them Area 11.

Also: why do you LARP as a Jap? Don't you have some toilets to scrub, Private?

I think different shots in different episodes, and including EoE and the Rebuilds and shit. The size of Unit-01 changed a few times.

Evangelions do not have a fixed size in the show, and vary in size as the situation demands, going from 40 meters to a towering 200 meters in height.

>land, sea, and air forces, as well as other war potential, will never be maintained

Savage.
And this is why you don't do surprise attacks against the USA

>Implying Japan can into military with failling birthrate.

I don't really see any reason they shouldn't have a millitary of reasonable size for protection, in fact they do it's called the self-defense force and while they are small it's more than enough given how the US is consistently in the Asian landmass. Though now it's all about North Korea being micro dicks about things. They do have a starving population so it's only a matter of time until little Kim eats his way through the nation's stockpile of 1bag of rice. That aside Japan really has no need to expand it's millitary in a standing capacity.

Just do it, who's gonna stop you? USA? They've been a joke for years.

dude watch EoE again, sometimes they are twice as tall as a tree, sometimes the tree doesnt even come up to their ankles, they constantly change size its kinda funny once you notice

Eva-unit-THICC

Tard burgers are so proud of massacring thousands of japs but had no involvement in said events. Power tripping tard burgers. I have no problem with them having a sizable military, they need it for defense. Japan has no will to use military force, but they are being pressured. Tard burgers just assume they pose some constant non existant threat.

Four words

"The Rape of Nanking"

Oi bei, nevel foget 300 mirrion!

>allowed
Go for it, knock yourself out. I have no issues with you trying but good luck on achieving.

They can't?

I'm not so weeb that I believe we should subsidize their military for their offensive use.

Give me a reason why we shouldn't take all your women from you.

Not enough people.

Japan can't even provide the raw manpower for civil jabs anymore.

I don't think there's enough people being born to ever allow that to happen

They can and should

Fuck us babysitting the world

so you really do need refugees
or gov. incentives to have babies

>France is patriotic

They have no current ability to use military forces. They've proven expansionist and untrustworthy and there's no reason to think they'd stay pacifist with a real military.