Any Catalonians/Spaniards want to redpill Sup Forums on the upcoming independence referendum and surrounding issues?

Any Catalonians/Spaniards want to redpill Sup Forums on the upcoming independence referendum and surrounding issues?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WeovGfNEEsk
youtube.com/watch?v=QzLZCQmoUhY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm half Spanish myself, dad is Spanish and mom is dutch.
About Catalunya in a general, most ones I met are Entitled fucks who are overrun by foreigners, niggers and gypsies. They do have a good political party from there in my opinion, ciudadanos is pretty good overall and definitely better than podemos or partido popular. The thing that sets that party apart is that despite being from Catalunya, they are against the referendum and the independence of the state from Spain.
On the referendum, it won't do a thing but boost their ego a bit. It's in the Constitution no state can separate from the country so I won't know how they will think this referendum will help.

Fuck these commies

So if the referendum is decisively a yes vote for independence and the consitution forbids succession surely that will lead to a lot of validation to be giver to unrest and conflict right? Btw cool mix of nationalities you lucked out there, Ik hou van Nederland, ik hoop snel in Den Haag te wonen

Spanish jurist here.
Nothing will happen, the legal system is clear on the issue. They are at a stalemate so they're just makeling as much sound as possible.
In the end, its just tension building to get more gimmiedat from the central government.

I'll expand on any particular doubts if anyone cares.

Yeah pretty much, it's gonna be a shit storm again with Catalunya VS the state all over again. But eventually it will result in nothing but them remaining with Spain. Thanks for the remark about my nationalities. You'll like The Hague, just stay out of some zones which are filled with morrocans and Turks. I don't live in the Hague but close to it, around 20 mins by car away from both Amsterdam and The Hague so right inbetween them. Always go the the home games of ALSO Den Haag. When I'm in the UK I always go to millwall games though.

Most independents are commies who thinks it's all a game because >muh catalunya lliure
And like others said they can't be independent anyway so it's all just a plot to get more money and autonomy because commies

Anyone who thinks Cataluña is getting independence is a serious LARPer who most likely needs to seek help. Nothing to see here.

That makes a lot of sense. Heard about the language in schools there pushing out Spanish in favour of Catalan causing tension. So they are mainly just leftist instigators? And is it fair to say, economically speaking, they need the rest of Spain more than they need them?

I care. What are they allowed to handle on their own? How much more autonomy can they get?

They're about 25% of the population of Spain and bring in about 25% of the GDP of Spain so they're pretty equaled out.

Yeah you definitely have an infestation problem there sadly, especially in Rotterdam, thank fuck for watercannons hey?

All Spain should just be castilla y leon.

Rotterdam is terrible yeah, but pretty much every major city has a problem with either morrocans, black people from the Antilles or Turks.

Its basically a budgetary and competence matter. The state configuration has granted beneficial agreements on those matters for 'historical nations' inside the Spanish state - i.e. Basque Country, Navarre, Galicia - of which Catalonia was originally left out. Since the coming of Democracy they have organised independentist parties to preassure at State level for compensation and more beneficial conditions, and the two-party system has had to deal with them to acquire majorities in Congrss and support for Government formation, so they've keet pressuring for more and more until crisis struck us qnd we were forced to invest and spend less, and oh surprise Catalonia dodnt like it.
Mostly they have special competences in some regional-relevance areas, mainly in education, healthcare and autonomic legislatio. They want more budgetary independence and tax-management, which the Central State refuses to give away.

Oh sorry I forgot this
>And is it fair to say, economically speaking, they need the rest of Spain more than they need them?

Its two fold, they've contributed a lot through bussiness tax revenue to less industrialized parts of Spain, and incpme tax revenue is also higher than most regions. But this is mainly due to hosting inside Catalonia some of the more populated cities and having seaport and commercial nexus to the Med, which on the other side has granted them a lot of reinvesting of those tax revenues into big projects.

In summary, numbers can be interpreted in those ways, depending on how you approach them, they invest a lot on the rest of Spain but Spain has given back a lot for years.

Doe Valencianos consider themselves Catalan? Is southern Catalonia (Tarragona area) really Catalan?

A purely Centralised State here would work as badly as a pure Federalised state.
We need to structure competences and finances better, tho. Middle ground is more fitting for a historically diverse State.

Nope.
100% centralization and provinciation of ALL of spain.

>Doe Valencianos consider themselves Catalan?
No, we hate catalans user

Some, mostly due to lefty brainwashing.
History has brought both regions apart and linguistic and cultural unity among both territories is still debated nowadays.

nothing will happen

Yeah, nope. Provincialization requires competence partition or it isnt provincialization, so you clearly dont know what you're talking about.

They have their own police corp The filthy landlubbers just like Euskadi and Navarra

Aragonese masterrace

>regional-relevance areas
>education
Totally regional relevance. Not used for brainwashing.

I'm in your shitty region right now (french side) and it's basically a poor man's st tropez. The history of your people is even worse than the geographic location. You literally committed genocide on refugees of your own race after the Spanish civil war and in response to this the french government had to put most of you in containment camps so you would stop murdering priests due to your commie beliefs.

Is opression during the Franco days the main drive for Catalan separatism? I know they are economically better off than the rest of Spain and they're sending money to Madrid but there's no need to blow up the country over that. Just give'em more financial autonomy

Yeah should have written 'linguistic', my bad

>Is opression during the Franco days the main drive for Catalan separatism?
No is just that they are egotistical fucktards and annoying drama queens.

>Implying they don't already have somewhat of financial autonomy and freedom.

Sending money to the capital so it can be redistributed is what a country is called. I highly doubt they'd be better if were they seperated.

Freedom for Catalonia!

youtube.com/watch?v=WeovGfNEEsk

>I know they are economically better off than the rest of Spain
it is not true, they have a huge debt and the best regions ( GDP per capita) are Basqueland and Navarre.

both regions have fiscal privilegies so is easy install companies and machinary industry there (for example Spanish basque)

Make Catalonia revolutionary again

¡no pasarán!

Catalonia has had its share of confrontation with the Central State for centuries.
Since the french heirs to throne pushed for a centralized state and Catalonia tried to mantain their regional law and legislative power - spoiler, they lost, and Navarre and Basque Country agreed to keep their laws with the french heir - they've been confronting the centralising movement and trying to reclaim economically relevant competences

we're fucking next!!

Pasaron

You are fucking since a long time

oh shit they weren't kidding about the commie scum getting involved

youtube.com/watch?v=QzLZCQmoUhY

On a personal level I find Basque so fucking fascinating. Really need to visit Bilbao. Culturally I understand the need to preserve Basque culture and language it would be sad to lose touch with that unique interesting lineage but is full legal independence necessary?

When do we get annexed to Germany or the UK?

Catalan here, can confirm, this is full of drama queens.

catacuck independence is paid by Soros and supported by sjw liberal marxists. That's all you need to know about which side is the right one

Let's make Catalonia great again, listen, we're going to build a wall, and Spain is going to pay for it!

What's with the Catalonia/Latvia connection?

They're just a bunch of whiners, they don't have the balls to do anything even when the referedum passes. They'll just try to use it as leverage to negotiate.

The Basque remain Basque anyway, if they're part of Spain or not it doesn't really matter. Most people there don't mind staying with Spain as long as they keep their culture and language besides Spanish. If you go to the Basque country, go to San Sebastian rather than Bilbao. San Sebastian is way more expensive but definitely worth it.
Pic related.

I don't really have nothing to do, so I will throw my 5 cents.
1. Despise the independent movement having a strong nationalistic sentiment, if you can see through it, you will see that is more about what type of government-people relation they want.
2. Although it's true that referendum will be illegal, you shouldn't be against a referendum, as it really let the people speak, and not only the ones that want independence but for all.
3. The central government likes to put out that without the rest of Spain catalunya will be a disaster economically speaking when in fact, if you understand the geopolitical situation of catalunya and Spain you will think the contrary.

>t. podemita
Purple id checks out

>3. The central government likes to put out that without the rest of Spain catalunya will be a disaster economically speaking when in fact, if you understand the geopolitical situation of catalunya and Spain you will think the contrary.

Dude if you think that an independent Catalnya would be accepted in the EU and in the euro you are very very naive. That's the reason they will be worse economically.

I voted ciudadanos...before knowing they didn't sing the national anthem

Maybe not in the ue, but the are other treatys, like the one Norway have.
The "Mediterranean corridor" is part of a big inversion from the ue to make a train tail from..I think it's Denmark, connecting all Europe to Portugal, and it enters the Iberian peninsula from the catalonian part, knowing that Spain has various big ports(including the ones in Barcelona), produce a big part of the food Europe eats and connect to the African continent will be naive to put a tariff in all goods because catalunya is not part of ue.
Besides catalunya is bombarded with tourist every year(OK, maybe it's not a stable income form) and Bcn is starting to push in tech related stuff.

Besides, we should argue about if the Euro is a good thing or a bad thing.

ciudadanos was founded by old partido popular members, they're retarded and legitimize all corruption stuff about PP.

>mfw commies help Catalonia become independent and this forces ex-Spanish states to compete creating tax havens in Spain.

Well, my Catalan girlfriend and our halfcaste Moroccan bull fully endorse the Catalan indepednance

>Vader is Spanjaard
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA nu moet je de rest van je leven met een kk buitenlandse naam rondlopen hahahahahah en 'm ook nog trots doorgeven aan je kinderen.

It's bullshit from all sides.
It's all about stealing ftom the common man.
All the political caste of this country should be beheaded.

>Although it's true that referendum will be illegal, you shouldn't be against a referendum, as it really let the people speak,

that's the main thing, self determination being illegal is a complete farce, if the majority of the population of an historic nation/region want independence then that ought to be up to them

I mean we had the Scottish Referendum over here, if they'd voted to leave they'd have left, same deal with Northern Ireland - if they want to leave they can vote to do it.

Likewise we've happily stuck two fingers up at the EU before that turns into some half assed attempt at a federation.

All Spain should be Al- Andalus

Catalonians are mostly anarcho-commie cucks

Carlist revolution when?

SOON

Naja maar Rotterdam is wel extra shit. Really completely embraced globalism and modernism.

Visca Catalunya Liure!

It's a corrupt movement which cucks unironically defend

Podemita confirmed.

Reminder that Asturias is the real Spain.