>hand her 12¢
>she's confused
>"I can just give you change for the 5"
>"Right, but I don't want coins"
>she's still confused
>"My change is $1"
>she looks at the register
>"But what are these coins for?"

Why don't they teach kid how to handle money anymore?

I teach freshman algebra I.
It's not a money problem. It'sva Math one.
Kids are entering freshman year not knowing how to multiply.
We have to teach how to multiply and how to add and subtract positive and negative numbers in the first week of school

Nigger please what do you use coins for? Getting jelly beans and using the claw machine?

Who is this semen demon?

Coins sound great when they clink together. I'm rubbing my hands just thinking about it.

how old was she?
did her complexion spell ...learning difficulties?

Why are you still using physical cash?

All people like you do is hold up the fucking line as you diddle daddle in your pockets to find some god damn money. Use a fucking debit card and move on.

Math is sexist
Ban assault coins

I spent $141.52 on 8.75L of 40+ proof liqour yesterday.

I received the right change with no problems.

debit cards track every transaction you make. It's much better to use cash so that (((they))) don't know what your purchasing habits are / location

>waiting for the chip card to read
No thanks. Cash is faster if you're not illiterate.

That's Abby, she works at Walmart.

Does America not have swipe?

Does America not have computer cash registers?

>not purchasing everything so they can't develop any patterns
>not creating deviant buying patterns so they can have to try and figure out what the trend is
>not buying heavy flow tampons one week, bulk packs of extra strength condoms the next, and three hundred golfballs in the third, and then buying a golf club a day later and returning it the next just for shits and giggles
Git gud, chummer

Yes, we have both

Erratic spending behaviour is a sign of mental illness or psychosis. Easy way to put you on the federal watchlist

god i hate annoying fucks like you when i'm standing in line to checkout. swipe your fucking debit card and be done you don't even have to look at the cashier.

My man, why do you consider this as a candidate for semen demon?

Based Putin mandated that shops round the price down so 4.12 = 4 in motherland, duh

I buy guns, body armor, knives, browse field manuals, and discuss the coming civil war on this north korean tunnel digging gang. Pretty sure I've been pegged as more than one type of psychotic.

> Assault coins
Fuckin lel

What if you don't want to leave a paper trail?

lmao

to be fair, the store may not want coins, they would rather hold on to 1s and 5s. I know stores hate when you had them 20s because they are always short on lower currency.

nsa doesnt care about the little money you spend on poverty food fag

>not paying in cryptocurrency
Retard alert

So fuckin what, go get more lower currencies from the bank. If you want business as a gas station, you had better be able to break a $20

>Right, but I don't want coins
dejewed...

AND THEY WANT $15 PER HOUR TOPKEK

I did the same thing to a cashier since I didn't want 93 cents back. My change was like 11.93 and I gave her a dime...she couldn't grasp that she now owed me 12.03

I even told her my change is now 12.03, but too be fair, you shouldn't trust the customer with that. Lying/scam.

Thing is most tills let you put the amount of money in that the customer gives you. The only dick move is when someon gives you the fucking coins AFTER you've already put it through, if you do that shit then YOU'RE the problem.

You're probably more to blame than anything else. If we're talking about freshman as in college freshmen, I had a lousy math prof just like you.

He would teach extra stuff, basic level stuff, and keep class until the very last minute every single time to make up for all the time he wasted teaching useless entry level material.

It ultimately helped idiots at the expense of smart kids.

Revise your curriculum.

>living in germany
>never EVER happened to me

Holy shit shut the fuck up you pathetic child
If the customer hands you the change in top of a dollar amount, they expect the full dollar back. This is babbys first time shopping with mommy stuff.
You are a pathetic, narcissistic piece of shit and should keep quiet until you adopt some basic etiquette
Ffs I am only 25. What happened with people only a few years younger than me? What the fuck is your problem? Did mommy not love you, or were you just too distracted by whatever your medication riddled ass was fixated on to pay attention and learn about the world?
Fuck you.

I took the time to make sure my daughters understand math and can solve problems in the way the teacher teaches and how I learned, I wanted them to fully comprehend it. I also gave them advanced books, but fun reads. My oldest is going into a gifted school and I was doing more complex problems than her and her age. I'm proud as hell, but I feel she should be the norm, our education system is fucked. Also, my youngest is in advanced classes, just throwing that in there because proud.

He's right though dumb ass

>on this north korean tunnel digging gang.

This is Sup Forums. /k/ would be the ones digging tunnels because, and I quote, "Not allowed to shoot on my property, the law says nothing about shooting under it"

For example, if I give a cashier a 5 and then they type 5 into the register and the till opens. And then I decide to give coins

Is that what you mean?

Well I don't know registers in bongland, but the register only knows the balance that should be in the till. Doesn't matter if it's all bills or all coins as long as it ads up to the expected balance.

The only reason to use cash is if you are either poor or a criminal. In either case go find a ditch to lay down in.

the non-tipping culture and cash instead of ec is pretty dope here in Germany.

Well she could've said:

"I'm sorry sir but we're running out of 1's and 5's right now".

>Why don't they teach kid how to handle money anymore?
This is as much of a technology literacy issue as it is a basic math one. That cashier should be able to just punch whatever amount you give her into the POS since it's working the numbers for her in the first place. That she can't be bothered to learn more than a few preset buttons is kind of telling.
Our maybe she's just lazy, I dunno.

>the only people who care about privacy are criminals

good goy go but you haven't checked your facebook in over half an hour!

So, you're the retarded one in that situation for spending 140$ on a bottle of booze.

Yes, giving coins after that is a dick move.

>Kids are entering freshman year not knowing how to multiply.
Elementary kids in Florida are being taught to look at a multiplication chart rather than rote memory. I'm sure this has nothing to with race.

>burger education

>Yes, giving coins after that is a dick move.
You're right. Asking a cashier to handle the complex economics of exact change making during a cash transaction is a dick move.

>the change jar
I suppose that's there for donations to a good cause, not for you to get money out of to pay for shit...

Because while she's rather plain, she also looks like she'd be into anger sex and be quite good at it.

So you admit youre retarded and cant multiply basic numbers. Just kys.

It gets worse-
Local high school decided it will no longer teach American History. It will only teach history starting at 1960 with JFK to present.
Focus on teaching guilt for the Vietnam war.
Focus on Nixon Watergate hearings.
Focus on Geraldine Ferraro (for some unknown reason)
Skip to Bill Clinton, then skip to Barack Obama.
(notice anything yet?)

>people can't even do basic addition and subtraction these days
We are so fucked.

>still a fat american

you can actually load dimes into a 12 guage shotgun

I rarely bother with trying to avoid change. Ever since CoinStar started waiving their fee if you get a gift card, I save up my change and turn it into an Amazon gift card a couple times per year.

>still have mental capacity of 5 yearold..
Dont be jealous because youre retarded and no woman has ever talked to you.

they don't teach kids any life skills anymore

No he isn't fuckface
Learn how to be a cashier it's very very simple

>gifted school
You have no idea how jealous I am of you. They're outlawed here.

True story this happened:

>Go to Wendy's
>bill $16.00
>give the cashier $21.00
>get this look of pure confusion
>She asks me why?
>So I get a 5 instead of four singles.
>Deer in headlights look.

Millennial's ladies and gentlemen

>US education

Are you fucking with me?

You probably did it in an autistic way and she didn't know what you were trying to do. Don't blame others for your own shortcomings.

What is it called that you Nord's have, Jan's law? Tall poppy syndrome?

I've counted my pennies all my life. That's why I have over a billion already.

>Elementary kids in Florida

80's elementary school here in FL was better than this shit they push out today.

Jante law, yeah.

>liquor
>40 proof

that's not liquor sempai

I had a part-time job in a convenience store once, to save up some extra money. I didn't mind it too much, but some of the customers were fucking idiots.

>Customer waits until AFTER you've rung in the cash he first handed you to give you some coins, the drawer is open, and now you have to give back different change from what the screen says.
>Customer spends a minute digging around in his pockets for change, holding up everyone else.
>Customer has wallet full of crumpled up bills, none of them arranged by denomination.
>Customers complain about the prices, don't understand why it can't be cheaper than Wal-Mart.
>Plenty of space on the counter, but every day customers still knock stuff off of it.
>Customer expects you to be a bank, and wants you to make change for $20, $50, or $100 bills, but doesn't buy anything. "Sorry, I can't open my register without a transaction."
>Getting ten or fifteen people in a row who all pay for transactions under $5 with $20 bills, and you end up running out of change.

It took too long to find a manager and get change for my drawer in those situations, so I got into the habit of keeping lots of extra $1s and $5s in my pockets, and making change when I had to. There were cameras, but nobody cared what you did as long as the register balance was right at the end of your shift.

I didn't know it was a literal law I thought it was cultural

Have you ever gone to someone's house and seem pennies and other coins scattered on the floor, or table?

>That's some one who will be poor their entire life.

>cash instead of ec is pretty dope here in Germany.

Yea, that might be related to the fact that you can't use your ec in half of stores in Germany. Why are you so backwarded in this matter?
In Poland I can literally pay with NFC payment in 99% of stores, since every terminal here supports NFC and almost every store has payment terminal. And I can pay with any card in any shop, no restrictions at all.

Just like in my japanese animes!

Looking at the multiplication chart in class is considered cheating here. At least until 5th grade. By that time it is considered mental retardation.

>You're not to think you are anything special.
>You're not to think you are as good as we are.
>You're not to think you are smarter than we are.
>You're not to imagine yourself better than we are.
>You're not to think you know more than we do.
>You're not to think you are more important than we are.
>You're not to think you are good at anything.
>You're not to laugh at us.
>You're not to think anyone cares about you.
>You're not to think you can teach us anything.
It is. The author who formulated it wasn't a big fan of the mentality. But it does surface sometimes, and we got some laws made with a crabs in a bucket mentality. Like banning gifted and private education.

Gee,no wonder these people can't make a living in fucking America of all places

How about you stop being a pleb and use a credit/debit card like a civilized human being.

I cannot believe there are people so stupid to believe that forcing smart kids to study the same program the dumb kids do will result in something good. This must be a fucking conspiracy.

Wait until they start to teach "Future American History," e.g., the impeachment of Trump, why a white minority is beneficial for everyone etc.

How is that even legal?

By the way, is it true that Americans cannot freely change school? Like you're forced to go to the school that is in your neighborhood?

Took me a second to understand that and I'm not stupid, she's right to be hesitant because you could be trying to scam her

To play devil's advocate here I had a job at a gas station for a while and yeah some people are genuinely retarded that work there but the rest have to really shut off their brains to get through the shift.

>pull two pennies from the change jar
you sure that it wasn't a tip jar and that's why she hated you?

Just social democracy. Same here. Joke is, their own kids go to private schools while they force the sheeple to use the dumbed down public ones where everyone is """equal""".

How smart could you be if you're in remedial math as a freshman?

who is this spunk monk?

Well, you see, when they tried and put smart kids together they did pretty well. Better than before. So they cooked up some half-baked explanation about intelligence being infectious and decided to redistribute it.

I really do wish that was a joke. It isn't. One of the main arguments against gifted education is that it "monopolizes" these hypothetical and mystical qualities of intelligence.

Same in Germany with public schools. That's why some families register somewhere else (addresses of friends or relatives) to get their kids to better schools. Usually to avoid the Muslim-infested hellholes where their kids would be beaten up, suppressed, robbed.

>people who act personally affronted when I inform them that, no, I can't waive the seven cent sales tax on their blunt wraps
>people that want to break $100 dollar bills at 4 in the morning
>people that don't know how much is actually on their card, so they bring up $20+ in merchandise and have you remove one item at a time until the card goes through
>people that max out a card, ask for a refund, and then get upset when it takes 24 hours for the banks to process the refund
>people that act personally affronted when you don't have their particular brand of cigarettes or wraps
>people who think it's your fault that their card is being declined

Her name's Abby

>things that didn't happen
They literally do not think about what you hand them.

You say cash, they count it, enter it, and the register pops open so they can pull out the amount the screen reads.

They never fucking question the money they're given anymore.

Sup Forums

This really sounds like:
>intelligence is a social construct

Unbelievable. I dread to think what will happen to Sweden when the new generations get in power, while the old ones resign and pass away.

The transaction has already ended at that point. If you ever worked retail you'd know exactly why doing that shit is annoying.
If you want to give the cashier exact change make it clear beforehand, if they're confused by that then yes they are just incompetent.

>sticks his hand in 'the change jar'
>thinks the jars on the counters of shops are just for storing free money for all customers
>thinks cashier can't do maths
>cashier is actually wondering why this massive sperg just robbed a 7/11 and stole two cents only to give them back to her immediately

>intelligence being infectious
Being surrounded by smart people, doing smart things etc, is indeed uplifting for many as they are exposed to better approaches to several things. Problem is: aggressive stupidity is even more infectious and when a class has more than 10-30% of those problem cases, the whole thing goes down. Empirically proven over and over again. One needs to be very careful, selective, and be able to enforce rules, otherwise the implementation of such great humanitarian ideas is a disaster.