RUSSIA CALLS HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH "AN EASY TARGET"

reuters.com/article/us-russia-britain-aircraft-idUSKBN19K0XT

>The Russian military mocked Britain's new aircraft carrier on Thursday, saying the HMS Queen Elizabeth presented "a large convenient target" and would be wise to keep its distance from Moscow's warships.

SHOTS FUCKING FIRED

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a23584/admiral-kuznetsov-sad-smoky-voyage/
theaviationist.com/2016/11/14/russian-mig-29k-from-adm-kuznetsov-aircraft-carrier-has-crashed-in-mediterranean-sea/
thesun.co.uk/news/2329115/russian-fighter-jet-deployed-in-syria-crashes-into-the-mediterranean-while-attempting-to-land-on-aircraft-carrier/
foreignpolicy.com/2016/09/13/can-putins-aircraft-carrier-stay-afloat-on-its-syria-mission/
theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/06/russia-aircraft-carrier-mediterranean-syria-admiral-kuznetsov
theregister.co.uk/2016/11/16/royal_navy_harpoon_missile_2018_withdrawal_no_replacement/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/24/royal-navy-type-45-destroyer-towed-back-port-two-days-sailed/
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/royal-navy-submarine-fleet-world-class-claims-out-of-action-order-maintenance-attack-subs-trafalgar-a7572746.html
youtube.com/watch?v=yFNRlvEh7ok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are carriers useful in a major war?

If you're an island, yes

is your brain not switched on?

A
FUCKING
RAMP

>a fucking ramp

Of course they are retard, fucking read a book.

>Russians
>talking shit about carriers

They claim to be a "superpower" yet have to buy ships from France... And they can't even get those because they got BTFO by sanctions.

>mfw Egypt has a larger carrier fleet then slavshits

How come I Russia always says shit is a sitting target or just a sitting duck or easy target or any of that shit? Do they not know that their shit sucks worse?

if you're imperialist yes, otherwise it's better to just use the money to bribe weaker powers in whatever area is of interest in exchange for military bases. Look at Russia and Tartus

I dunno if there ever will be another major war. If there was then it would be over in minutes anyway.

They must be pretty usefull when it comes to suppressing revolutions and shitty countries though.

They are essential in offensive wars away from your own borders

Carriers help establish air supremacy, which allows you to fuck up supply lines, which is what wins major wars.

Dog who barks loudest looks fiercest

Russian saber rattling is nothing new, it is part of their culture

RUSSIA STRONG

What's so funny about ramps guys. I don't get it.

>tfw your missile cruisers are so badass other nations call them "carriers"

>brits sperg out with Russia will be jealous about their carrier
>our military than proceeds to sperg about "easy target"

When we will be able hang all these idiots?

okay, since the carrier is probably not hooked up to the net

I don't think XP is going to be that much of a vulnerability

Russia's power projection is on par with fucking Italy. KYS slavshit.

That's a Big Ship

>Missiles can hit a square metre
>Implying a big boat is any diferent to other boats
>Literally just had to solve 10 captchas even though I did all of them fine

Russia is a pretty big fucking target too.

;^)

>translation
There are only subs and targets in the blue water.

Against inferior foes, yes
Against capable foes with hypersonic anti-ship missiles, no

>They claim to be a "superpower" yet have to buy ships from France...
So?

You'd have to be retarded to buy from the Jew owned US military industry

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one ruskies, holy shit, top notch banter but in all seriousness your Aircraft carrying missile cruiser is a joke that needs to be put out of its misery

Bring back the Lun you faggot.

Just enable legacy captcha, britbro. No more clicking minigames and shit.

Only if you can defend them.

We must never forget what happened to all those badass navy ships that became redundant in WW1.

>27 Oct 2016 - Russia's only aircraft carrier, the Admiral Kuznetsov, has set sail for Syria. The vessel is leaving a long and unhealthy trail of smoke in its wake.
popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a23584/admiral-kuznetsov-sad-smoky-voyage/

>Russian MiG-29K from Adm. Kuznetsov aircraft carrier has crashed in Mediterranean sea
theaviationist.com/2016/11/14/russian-mig-29k-from-adm-kuznetsov-aircraft-carrier-has-crashed-in-mediterranean-sea/

>A SECOND Russian jet has crashed into the Mediterranean as it attempted to land on aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov, it is claimed.
thesun.co.uk/news/2329115/russian-fighter-jet-deployed-in-syria-crashes-into-the-mediterranean-while-attempting-to-land-on-aircraft-carrier/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA the world quakes at the mighty record of the russian navy

I'm sure we could just take a page out of Russia's book and keep deep water tugs near by to tow her to safety
Cruiser*

But wait, there's more.

>according to new satellite imagery, Admiral Kuznetsov, the Russian aircraft carrier sailing off the coast of Syria, has dispatched nearly its entire fighter jet inventory (eight Su-33s and one MiG-29KR) to Moscow-controlled Hmeimim Air Base in Syria. The move comes after the loss of a new MiG-29KR — one of Russia’s most advanced fighter aircraft — as it was waiting to recover aboard the carrier following a mission over Syrian territory. The Admiral Kuznetsov had just been on station for just a few days before the loss occurred.

>Can Putin’s Aircraft Carrier Stay Afloat on Its Syria Mission?
foreignpolicy.com/2016/09/13/can-putins-aircraft-carrier-stay-afloat-on-its-syria-mission/
>Russia begins military withdrawal from Syria
Admiral Kuznetsov carrier and other ships will be first to leave, says military chief, in line with reduction ordered by Putin
theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/06/russia-aircraft-carrier-mediterranean-syria-admiral-kuznetsov

Spends 2 months sailing there, gets there, two ships crash into the fucking ocean, offload all the other jets then go home.

You're trying too hard. Russians, like nobody else, knows that Kuznetsov is useless junk and our Navy is a joke. But same can be said about modern Royal Navy as well.

bants

The Russians say a lot of things

Except that the Royal Navy isn't a joke, is modern and is building constantly.
Currently we're building TWO aircraft carriers, the most advanced outside of the US, a new fleet of Ballistic missile submarines to replace our last ballistic missile submarines that were already very modern and built in 1994, world class Attack submarines that are on par in some and superior to the Virginia class in many ways and a brand new fleet of 13+ frigates to go with our already incredibly advanced AA destroyers.

On top of that we're the only class 1 partners of the F-35 program in the world, buying 140 of them so far with more planned.

>Russia talking shit about other peoples' navies

>Britcuckistan Stronk
Kek

Do you sincerely believe you can take on russki?
Eurocuck are absofuckijgly hopeless and will never learn until they are in nuclear ashes, since apparently they didn't learn up from the middle ages.

Russians are making it really hard for anyone to defend them.

Hopefully they get so full of themselves that they starve to death.

The UK would not loose a war against russia, they have no means to attack our island or land troops, there navy and air force would be destroyed.

>not having a ramp

How would the planes even take off? lmao

You're *

I've got no problem with Russian's rattling the proverbial sabers at us, it's all fun and games in global geopolitics.

Quick question though; How do you make an aircraft carrier that ISN'T a big target?

Steam powered slingshot

>Do I believe Uk can take on Russia
I don't believe anyone can take on anyone with any credible Nuclear armed delivery systems.

Russia has the most nuclear missiles on the planet, attacking russia seriously would end the world
America has enough to do the same
France has enough to at least wipe out any country on the planet
UK has enough to do the same but does not have as many delivery methods although her SSBN's are superior.
India is working towards it's own SSBN but for now she can annihilate cities of any country within it's considerable range.
Pakistan is the same as India
Israel is the same as India and pakistan
I'm not sure about China but I'd assume she is on par with at least France if not closer to America.

Stop thinking in stupid terms, nuclear weapons have ended serious warfare between nuclear armed states as we've known it before.

i think russian airforce is fine tho
only their navy sucks.

Alien predator style cloaking device, gooduck with that

Make one into a giant submarine. That would be fucking awesome. Surface, catapult a few jets/drones out of your launch tubes and disappear.

Yes but they would not be able to field it in large numbers in British airspace.

>I dunno if there ever will be another major war. If there was then it would be over in minutes anyway.
Never heard this one before.

>They must be pretty usefull when it comes to suppressing revolutions and shitty countries though.
This.
If you don't have serious missile tech then the Carrier Battlegroup is the weapon platform of choice for imposing your will, either diplomatically, logistically or with bombs n shieet

>the craps ripps of its claw cuz i will be regenerated

nature is sure scary

Russia would get obliterated if they ever went to war with the UK. For a start they would need to get across Europe to actually get to Britain, and that just isn't happening. Even in a straight war between UK and Russia, the UK are far more advanced and much better trained. The Russians would get dominated.
The Russians have no way to mobilize their army in time, it would be a slaughter.

lol even though i'm from an EU, you are like aggressive little boys Ahmed, you are lucky to have your stronger (but cowardly cucking) big brother - otherwise you are like ... two days of work bitch

They only have 1 aircraft carrier, so they would need to sit that off the coast of Britain to do any air attacks. And it would get sunk.

WHO said it? Sources say someone said something or other

FAKE FUCKING NEWS

Mate there is a single nation on this earth who could actually invade the UK and they would take horrific casualties. the UK is a fucking fortress your only chance is to starve us out and hope we cant grow enough food for our people.

Who is our cowardly big brother? If you mean the US they're technically our son.

that's a good point, they also are kinda broke with all the sanctions.
but atleast their territory is very safe against foreign invasors.

50 years ago they were. Only the next war will tell. like someone else said in WW2 most countries still thought battleships were the most important part o a fleet.

As if we would ever be stupid enough to leave it by itself with no destroyers or submarines

No, get rid of it immediately

so how many USA crashes do I have to list before you acknowledge this is normal?

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT
STOP TALKING ABOUT MODERN WARFARE AS IF IT DOESN'T INCLUDE MODERN INTERCONTINENTAL BALLISTIC MISSILES!

This isn't 1918 anymore, we don't march anywhere. If there was every a reason to go to war with Russia then the ruskies could put 1000's of nuclear armed warheads on every one of your cities dozens of times overs

Stop roleplaying it would be like ww2 faggots, even India could lay waste to any city from anywhere in asia, including moscow.

Don't respond to larpers lads, they're bottom of the barrel posters

More than zero and at least two on a current deployment, within the last 6 months and within two weeks of each other.

Oh look a Chinese junk boat

I'm waiting for this war with Russia to start for 4 years.
Enough of waiting

The UK has enough nukes to lay waste to any strategically important city in Russia anyway. They also have trident so even if Russia got first strike they would be fucked anyway.

I like a video that BPS did on the subject.
While they are very useful in theory for their abilities to establish air superiority, they would very likely never actually be deployed in a war scenario, due to the massive amounts of cost needed to build and maintain them. Loosing one would be devastating for the navy, so the ones in command would never truly commit to utilising them, and thus they loose a lot of their value. And that's not to mention the 3000 sailors and pilots who would go down with the ship.

And for nations other than the US this is a lot more relevant, since they don't have many carriers and loosing one when you only have 2 would mean you have no replacement.

Only against un or underdeveloped countries for force projection purposes. Carriers are super vulnerable against anyone on equal footing.

> modern and is building constantly
> most advanced outside of the US
> borrowing SLBMs from US Navy.
> buying ASMs and cruise missiles from US
> Britain’s Harpoons will be withdrawn soon with no replacement in sight
> theregister.co.uk/2016/11/16/royal_navy_harpoon_missile_2018_withdrawal_no_replacement/
> HMS Dunkan sent to intercept Kuznetsov
> got broken and has to be towed to base
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/24/royal-navy-type-45-destroyer-towed-back-port-two-days-sailed/
> Royal Navy's entire fleet of attack submarines out of action
> independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/royal-navy-submarine-fleet-world-class-claims-out-of-action-order-maintenance-attack-subs-trafalgar-a7572746.html
> Currently we're building TWO aircraft carriers
> none of which would have defensive weapon whatsoever
> no angle deck
> STOBAR
BRITANNIA RULE THE WAVES!

I agree.
See
There will never be a real and actual war between the nuclear armed countries every again unless there is a sure 100% way to stop Nuclear armed missiles.

The only thing left is posturing and proxy wars with shitty arab countries.

Revolutions can't be suppressed from the air. You need boots on the ground.
Having a bomb land on a bunch of revolutionaries would make amazing propaganda and martyrs for the revolution.

Our entire history is continental powers underestimating us as an isolated island, they never learn until it's too late

What have Russia ever actually done? Apart from an annoying smelly piece of shit land mass to the East of modern civilization.
I really fucking hate Russia.

>They claim
i would need a proof on that, comrade

>UK navy

Well, they are right.

Aircraft carriers are obsolete when it comes to war between major powers - they are massively expensive, have huge crews, and the loss of one would be an instantaneous national tragedy.

Aircraft carriers continue to be built because they let you bomb 3rd world shitholes with virtually no risk.

>US watching 2 midgets fight each other.wmv

>1488
Nice

Wow, that's sure is a load of nothing you posted. Hope it didn't take too long to gather.
The Astutes are world class, the Trafalgar are being replaced.
The Harpoons are being replaced in a program with France, each ship carries Harpoon launchers with their stockpile of missiles, NO NEW MISSILES ARE BEING MADE is all that means.
HMS Duncan is currently on deployment, not sure what you mean she is broken.

The aircraft carriers carry aircraft and have CIWS with enough power to warrant any future upgrades, but as anyone with a credible knowledge of naval matters knows the power is in the support ships to defend the carrier.
No angle deck (it's not needed)
I don't think you know what a STOBAR stands for, but I assume you mean arrestor wires, which again isn't required.

Its volatile when the worlds only superpower is on the verge of becoming south africa tier and killing the boer.

It doesn't have combat planes yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=yFNRlvEh7ok

Are you talking about US that was put in their place by glorious NK?

against a lesser threat say with little to no navy or airforce they are infinitely useful. against a country with long range missile capabilities advanced radar and powerful navy, not so much.

A FUCKING RAMP

kek it's actually true, fucking aircraft carriers are nothing but drains of money
You wish mate

>memes
231 F-35bs have been made, the UK has taken delivery of 12 of them so far

>Queen Elizabeth has two super structures
What happened to your two towers burger?

>Royal Navy isn't a joke
American here, I beg to differ
Your entire nation is a joke, the only value you have is the military bases we put on your soil

Still being piloted by brits though.

no

RULE BRITANNIA, BRITANNIA RULE THE WAVES
lol jk

>Against capable foes with hypersonic anti-ship missiles, no

>hypersonic anti-ship missiles passing through a 60 mile radius without adversary

Yeah, no.

If you have a lone duck carrier you might be able to take it out with a few dozen missiles but a high-tech fleet is a completely different story.

That was directed at the Queen herself. She's sitting at Buckingham palace.

If some 3rd rate barely even regional power decides to invade one of our dozen or so islands dotted around the world, yes. If we're fighting WW3, no.