The Puritans

What happened to the puritans, Sup Forums?Their form of Christianity sounds better than most
>be moral
>be ambitious
>be educated
>don't be a lazy nigger who drinks and smokes
>don't be a slave to a centralised church

Other urls found in this thread:

christianitytoday.com/history/2008/august/where-did-evangelical-objections-to-smoking-and-drinking.html
unqualified-reservations.blogspot.ca/2007/06/ultracalvinist-hypothesis-in.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you forgot the whole emo self harm thing they do
they probably just killed themselves at some point

user from Boston Metro Area their congregational churches they set up are alive and well for the most part. We are still pretty conservative prudes outside of Boston

do you do that whole self harm thing? or is it a meme?

No self harm but like any good WASP I bottle up anger one day it will all explode out of me

good man

That sounds idyllic. I miss being an angry young man so much.

what did he mean by this?

The were fucking hyper religious yankees that's what. Led to mormonism, jehovah witness, free love societies, rabid abolitionists, etc etc. They were so zealous, that the most zealous ones broke off to from ideologies in virile strains of insanity.

Yup I moved to the middle of fucking nowhere Vermont. I hate civilization and people. I have a little farm where I sell cage free chicken eggs to yuppies who shop for that shit

Well I just keep my anger on the inside and I don't let it out

Sometimes I think when I finally quit my job it might be rewarding to find deal where I can be a farm hand. I don't mind hard work and a simple life. I just need somebody else to organize it for me.

My fellow bulgarian, what happened to the bogomils? They were both religions which couldn't survive in a growing world - they needed small, isolated communities, but that conflicted against 1) the need to spread your religion and 2) the ever growing world

Chicken are the easiest fucking animals ever. I just have to make sure coyotes foxes and other prey animals don't get them

>angry young man
learn to be an angry middle aged man
>sitting in your study
>sipping a strong drink after a long day
>silently raging about your day, wife, kids, life, while being comfy

>you forgot the whole emo self harm thing they do
??

they fuck in front of the help, puritans were some horny bastards

Yeah, that's what I hear. It's pretty neat that people are starting to keep hens here and there even in cities these days. Although I'll say some dick a few streets over had a cock for a while and let's say I'm glad he was a few streets over.

Nope do what I did and live in a double wide alone with your guns and chickens. Trust me when you leave your family you will feel so much better

They are coming back OP. New England is forming their own political party this year. It's where most /nupol/ is going

Yes I got one of those as well it used to it not too bad now. However this one is pretty good I have had some shitty ones though

They fell apart basically from multiculturalism. The same thing happened with the Mainline denominations; we wanted to foster fellowship and interdenominational dialogue and thus opened ourselves up more to each other while at the same time losing aspects of our core beliefs. Plus Puritanism fell prey to theological liberalism and universalism; while itself it was not originally liberal

I agree with that just saying their churches are still here in New England

Abandoned your kids, literally a nigger.

Nope I never had a family just telling the other guy too

I was just continuing from where you brought it up; most people wouldn't realize Congregationalist Churches are the descendants of the Puritans

They became Universalists and Unitarians, the original SJWs. They invented the concept of the brotherhood of man.

I fucking hate society why would I want to breed. War veteran from Iraq and have also traveled around the world. People suck I never want to go back.

Is that really true? I went to a UU church once and I swear that was the biggest pile of pagan bullshit without one mention of Christianity I've ever been a party to. We even at one point all gave our "energy" in some sort of weird collective ritual while the music was banging and some black guy on the stage pretending to have seizures or something.

It outdid an off-Broadway production.

Fair enough but don't go around pushing degenerate shit like telling others to leave their kids.

Quakers are basically the "original SJWs" and the Puritans fucking hated them for a long time. They did give rise to those transcendalist, abolitionist assholes though; but that's just NE in general

Why not we are all fucking doomed anyway. We are just all fucking degenerates

It's true. Look up the history of the Unitarians and the Universalists. The strains that became UU grew out of old Puritan churches. Most of the others became Congregationalists, now the UCC, which is the most batshit liberal of all the mainline denominations.

restart the theocracy,

it was you Brits that fucked it up anyway

But how do you make that transition though? How do you go from super duper strict Christians to utter nonsense?

>>don't be a lazy nigger who drinks and smokes
They weren't lazy, but they drank at every meal and are estimated to have drunk 2-3 times as much per year as the average modern American.

christianitytoday.com/history/2008/august/where-did-evangelical-objections-to-smoking-and-drinking.html
>Though Christian objections to alcohol and tobacco may be called "Puritanical" by some, these stances are actually of much more recent vintage. In fact, the Puritans drank beer. The Mayflower log book from 1620 records that one of the reasons that ship stopped at Plymouth, rather than searching for a more hospitable spot further south, was "our victuals being much spent, especially our beere."

Well I am not really religious I am a diest I believe god created the Earth Moon and Stars I just don't think he is listening anymore

Presbyterian (PCA) churches are the best living example of what you describe.

Are you talking to me

You don't have to be a serious believer to understand the utility of religion, nor do you have to be religious at all to recognize the point of strong family values.

PCA are just becoming generic evangelicals. They definitely are no longer Reformed and will probably get rid of the Presbyterian system of ordinance in a couple decades

The same way all liberalism always works, by degrees.

that's just fucking sad

Too bad most of the world doesn't believe in family values either. I went on a white night crusade after the military to South America to stop the sex trade. A lot of those children are sold into it by their families

>No self harm but like any good WASP I bottle up anger one day it will all explode out of me
kek, sounds about right.

As has been pointed out in this thread, they've morphed into your garden variety progressive. Details here:

unqualified-reservations.blogspot.ca/2007/06/ultracalvinist-hypothesis-in.html

>Too bad most of the world doesn't believe in family values either.
The reality that your dishes don't wash themselves and your dog doesn't clean up his own shit doesn't reduce your duty as a man.

If you should feel inclined to tell any tales, this is probably a productive political climate for doing so. I first crossed paths with the outskirts of the sex trade back when it seemed so unlikely I didn't even really believe the tiny bit I'd stumbled across.

Calvinists are life-denying deterministic prudes who murdered their rightful King.

They also interpret the bible for themselves, which makes them free to lapse into more grievous errors right pronto, as is evident with most Protestants nowadays. Which makes them about as free as a fucking car crash.

They were wierd about sex, they never had it, even married. Gotta reproduce of you want your ideals to stick around.

They are why America in an antisocial hell hole full of mutilated penises.

You dont actually want this. You'll do it for an hour then it will get very old very quickly and youll realize how hard you fucked up

We'll murder as many papist-backpeddler Kings as we damn well please for the sake of Christ's crown and covenant.

Puritans = Old School SJWs (replace "that's offensive" with "that's blasphemous), don't venerate them

Groundskeeper might be more my speed, but I'm honestly the most content with life during those hours here and there when I'm working with my hands making something better than it was before.

I know farming isn't like it was for my grandparents anymore, but there's enough of a resurgence of interest in finding new ways that capture what was good about old ways to keep it knocking around my head from time to time.