You guys claim that science validates racist contentions. If that is true, why are biologists...

You guys claim that science validates racist contentions. If that is true, why are biologists, the ones who understand evolution the best, so liberal? Why do they say that race is a social construct? Why do you think you have a better grasp of the scientific facts than an actual scientist?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/01/dna-james-watson-scientist-selling-nobel-prize-medal
people-press.org/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/
huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/08/jason-richwine-dissertation_n_3240168.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_A#Antisocial_Behavior
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who are these biologists?

Do you have a single fact to back that up?
Cause I have many that contradict you.

Source claiming most biologists are liberal?

Talked to this black dude who was studying biology.
The retard L I T E R A L L Y thought race was a social construct.
He, surprise surprise, had affirmative action implemented

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/01/dna-james-watson-scientist-selling-nobel-prize-medal

Sure, let's wait for (((academics))) to grow a pair and produce a (((study))) confirming or not what every hick that lives around niggers already know.

people-press.org/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/

James is one dude who grew up when it was legal to lynch black people. It's normal for older people to harbor prejudices. He never provided evidence to substantiate his conviction.

>muh anecdote

>appeal to authority fallacy

Next

Appeal to authority is a logical fallacy. Why do you believe that all people are equal?

> biologist are liberal
source, please

> why do they say...
source, please

Why do you think you have a better grasp of the opinions of scientists' than the scientists themselves?

>If that is true, why are biologists, the ones who understand evolution the best, so liberal?

Because aside from being experts in one (1) field of science, they're politically-motivated morons.

>Why do they say that race is a social construct?

For political reasons.

>Why do you think you have a better grasp of the scientific facts than an actual scientist?

Because this isn't science, it's politics.

When a scientist tells you that science is on the side of his political party, it's not science.

Literally all evidence points towards racial differences down to the genetic level

What you really need to look at is the research these people are pushing out. The very fact that any distinction between races is considered "pseudo-science" should be a big indicator that these studies are politically motivated.

>biology is a soft science (I'm a bio major)
>women go into soft sciences
>women tend to be more "liberal" especially when it's trendy
>ergo, more biologist are liberal
Seriously. 75% of all my courses (even upper division chem) are women

Okay, now where does it say biologist?
"Scientist" is a very broad and generic term

When genetics determines everything about you it seems to be a stretch of the imagination that it wouldn't also determine the capacity of your intelligence too.

>they're politically-motivated morons.
Imagine muh shock

> Lysenkoism began in the late 1920s and formally ended in 1964. The term Lysenkoism can also be used metaphorically to describe the manipulation or distortion of the scientific process as a way to reach a predetermined conclusion as dictated by an ideological bias, often related to social or political objectives.
> The word "Neo-Lysenkoism" has occasionally been used by hereditarian researchers as a pejorative term in the debates over race and intelligence and sociobiology to describe scientists minimizing the role of genes in shaping human behavior
> Over 3,000 biologists were imprisoned, fired, or executed for attempting to oppose Lysenkoism at one time and overall, scientific research in genetics was effectively destroyed until the death of Stalin in 1953. Due to Lysenkoism, crop yields in the USSR actually declined as well.
Commies never change

>Why do they say that race is a social construct?

How many biologists with a doctorate have you talked to to come to that conclusion? I have the biology faculty right next door and in the upper levels, where they've already weeded their numbers out and are only left with those actually interested in the field, hardly anyone would say that.

>James is one dude who grew up when it was legal to lynch black people

How does that matter? Hard scientific facts should not be affected by the political climate at all.

If you can discard Watson's opinion, who has indisputably contributed more to the field of biology than whoever you can come up with, based on the social climate during his career - then I can discard every single example of modern biologist you can provide with the fact that stating such opinions is not politically acceptable anymore.

>TFW you realized science is politicized beyond hope so you became an office drone

A-at least I get to meme about Trump all day.

If you believe in and actually understand evolution, you cannot deny differences between races.
For a biologist to deny this would require some impressive mental gymnastics and seriously flawed reasoning.
There's a huge body of evidence disproving the 'race is a social construct meme'. Biological differences between races is simply undeniable.

Because of all the dipshit conservatives that think evolution and global warming is bullshit but think airplanes are spraying mind control shit on us, who do you expect them to side with? Biology takes actual skill and intelligence, so of course they lean to the left, just like everyone else with an education beyond GED or trade school.

Biologists don't say race is a social construct. Anthropologists do. And it doesn't mean what you think it means.

reeeeee vaccines cause autism. global warming not real. earth is 6000 years old. evolution not proven. flat earth

Yes because not being liberal ends up so well for researchers every fukken time.
huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/08/jason-richwine-dissertation_n_3240168.html

OP confirmed faggot and autistic.

Everyone in genetics knows it, but noone can say anything, or his funding would spontainously inflame itself.
And just because you say biologist does not mean they are speciallized in genetics. Learn to science.

there's not much research on race and genetics, it's taboo as fuck. not even the chinese put out racial papers which seems odd to me.

Biologists say that Eurasians mixed with 2 human species that didn't exist in Africa. Neanderthals and Denisovans.

Is there anything that science doesn't confirm?

there's a chart floating around somewhere of individual scientific disciplines and political backgrounds. I'll see if I can find it

Race is a social construct, but that doesn't mean that genes don't usually correlate more strongly with your race over other races.

Because scientists don't know shit about real life. They live in a bubble that they need to process their abstract thinking. That's why they're the most attracted to liberalism. But who would let the scientists run a country?

Subspecies exist and Charles Darwin is 100% right. Jews, Muslims and Christians have a mental disorder.

Because when actual biologists and statisticians do studies showing differences between races they get publicly shamed and blackballed in the academic community. No one is going to give up their livelihood to tell the truth.

>If that is true, why are biologists, the ones who understand evolution the best, so liberal?
Although there are a lot of non-bio fags here arguing otherwise. You are not wrong to assume so. There *are* a lot of women in the classes. But those who do not go with the liberal agenda tend to be a bit more reserved. That doesn't mean you won't run into a biologist with somewhat conservative views or partaking in Sup Forumsish bants. I even had an environmental sciences teacher who was skeptical about global warming.

science really did have its golden age when it wasn't fully formalized yet (with regards to publications) but mostly scientists talking to each other through letters & similar channels.

allowed them to talk way more freely about what they actually thought.

What we define as "race" is socially constructed. The japanese and Koreans consider themselves separate races, while we see them as the same race, but ethnically different. What that chart shows is, the genetic distance of different human "geographic populations" is greater than the genetic distance of gorilla species. Because science has become politicized, biologists use euphemisms to speak of race.

>biologists
Biology requires no critical thinking. It's so simple that even a woman can do it. Physics is where it's at.

"Race" is only in so far a social construct as the term encompasses a set of traits that was "arbitrarily" chosen.
Abolishing that term does not change anything about the traits though. They are still there, no matter what you call them.

Because academia is liberal or basically GTFO. The conservatives don't speak out much, and most conservatives are wired more for the private sector and motivated more by profit perhaps

Agreed. Which is why I said "it doesn't mean what you think it means". Anthropologists say it, not biologists. More precisely, cultural anthropologists say it. Biological anthropologists are very good at identifying race based on skeletal remains. Nearly as accurate as geneticists.

Oh, yeah. I wasn't disagreeing with you, just adding a line on top of your statement.

I have a lot of respect for science, but it's so highly politicized. Don't trust what a scientist says, read the studies and articles yourself and draw your own conclusion.

Hi OP! I'm a biologist and I buy the race realist world-view 100%.

>WHAT IS THE WARRIOR GENE?

The Warrior Gene refers to certain copies (alleles) of the MAO-A gene that have been linked to violent anti-social behavior. One such copy, 2R, which I'll call the "violent ape allele", is 55x more common in niggers than in whites:

>Studies have found differences in the frequency distribution of variants of the MAOA gene between ethnic groups:[32][33] of the participants, 59% of Black men, 54% of Chinese men, 56% of Maori men, and 34% of Caucasian men carried the 3R allele, while 5.5% of Black men, 0.1% of Caucasian men, and 0.00067% of Asian men carried the 2R allele.[23][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_A#Antisocial_Behavior

The reason a majority of niggers act like violent apes is because they carry the violent ape allele. This supports the hypothesis that niggers are genetically inferior subhumans.

It becomes very fucking obvious that it's strongly politicized at international conferences.
There you have the direct comparison of burgers who use the first 5 minutes for political liberal soap boxing, Germans that mention the political topic as reason for their investigations and Russians that say it's bullshit but protecting the environment for example is not inherently bad so it's still worthy of investigation (had this at a conference about catalysis where a lot of speakers talked about hydrogen production and thus climate change).

That is a fallacy. You don't ask what do most X people think, you should ask what are the facts. Or just look at the real world you retard - are blacks the cognitive equivalent to whites from you personal experience?

we generally aren't. just the hip vegan newbies that dropout after 1 year because it's mostly organic chemistry or become unpolitical workaholics
t. biology student

source

To become a (((scientist))), you have to attend a liberal-marxist brainwashing institution, also known as college. You can't be a licensed, credentialed (((scientist))) unless you do.

On the other end of the spectrum, you can run a business, work a blue-collar job or even program without attending college, never being exposed to the propaganda machine.

This is why (((scientists))) lean more left, college.

IQ studies prove a racial disparity in IQ that persists across socioeconomic groups.

Crime data shows blacks commit more violent crime per capita than other racial groups. This disparity persists across all socioeconomic groups (except the very highest)

Their exist very easily identifiable genetic markers that allow us to tell if a person is of African, Asian, European decent. Biologist don't use the term "race" because it is no longer a politically correct term. But it is undeniable that various ethnic groups exists and those ethnic groups have close geographic and phenotypic associations.

"Race is a social construct" is a sociological concept not a biological one. Sociologist aren't scientists and sociology isn't a science.
>...Anonymous (ID: w5V8n8Ai)
>06/30/17(Fri)08:46:37 No.131881123
>42 KB JPG
>You guys claim that science validates racist contentions. If that is true, why are biologists, the ones who understand evolution the best, so liberal? Why do they say that race is a social construct? Why do you think you have a better grasp of the scientific facts than an actual scientist?

Sociology is not an exact science. While we have plenty of great arguments against living with niggers, there's no definitive proof that could convince someone 100%. Scientists stick to politically correct opinions, it's the safest bet for their profession. As simple as that.