Vikings the Series

So who else likes it and how redpilled is it?

They didn't try to push sjw or racemix bullshit so far, and about half of it is accurate with how the real vikings were

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mtp4L-YbuTo
youtube.com/watch?v=nfdM76p7Dpk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's semi historical which isn't bad as they're not trying to be completely historical. It's great but sadly I don't think it was too leftist at the beginning because it was new, as soon as the show got more popular it became more leftist, but only slightly. Eg, Floki not wanting to kill Muslims but happy with Christians dying etc.

This show is a bag of shit. The character are retarded and they make stupid decisions. Every season became more retarded.

I liked it.
Seemed historically plausible.
Interesting, complex characters with motivations that aren't just bad guy / good guy.

Also the vikings cuck themselves to the muslims just like in real life. The show portrays muslims in Andalusia as peace loving innocents.

This. I loved it from the start but as it went on it became worse and worse

muh strong womyn the show. sorry but 50 kg women cant beat 100 kg lad in combat.

>tfw no lagertha gf

>muh empowered wome, let's make an army
>muh muslims are based and islam is peaceful

I dropped it in the last season. I used to watch a lot of films and series every week. Now I can't watch literally anything new, sad.

My mom gets wet for Ragnar

>They didn't try to push sjw
did you even watched this shit?

Describing your mother like that? Thats fucking disgusting leaf.

>Seemed historically plausible.
ragnar's eyes glow before anything momentous happens

>the girl becomes jarl while ragnar is off doing things
>guy comes in wanted a divorce because he's wife is a slut and fucked other men and is pregnant
>no way jose, a god fucked your wife and if you don't raise that child like a good little cuck you will be exiled
stopped watching there, i already know how it was going to end anyway since i actually paid attention in history

They didnt even have the balls to kill the muslims because they were praying lol, although they slaughtered the christian monks

youtube.com/watch?v=Mtp4L-YbuTo

this scene triggered me into oblivion. holy shit

You know Boudica was real, right? As well as Medb.

Female warriors did exist, though they didn't really wear dresses.

>if it's about white people and doesnt push blatant cutting edge kike propaganda that means it's red pilled
you're an idiot

It's turbopleb shlock, fitting for nu/pol/ audience.

>muh strong period stains

This is what killed it for me. A lot of my friends stopped liking it after this episode as well. Also, you start seeing minorities appear in Kattegut

>They didn't try to push sjw or racemix bullshit so far

You clearly haven't watched the show. They have Lagurtha the militant feminist jarl who, at one point, forces a man to raise his whore wife's cuck baby. They have the crazy feminist princess from Mercia. They have a fucking wise chink princess and super-smart noble Muslims, all of whom are so much smarter than the dumb backward savage white people.

Literally the only show that is more pro-SJW is Black Sails, which features a gay pirate captain fighting to establish a multi-racial pro-faggot pro-race-mixing anti-slavery republic in the Caribbean.

>muslims are the good peaceful guys

The red pill spoils everything. I can't watch it without knowing that some PC retard wrote the script. Obvious propaganda.

There's a lot of bullshit in it, yes shieldmaiden existed, but not as much as they're showing.
Then they raid a shitton of churches and other Christian places of prayer without mercy, but when they raid a mosque full of mudshits, they wait for them to be done praying out of respect, and I think one of the vikings even converted.
0/10 garbage, another bullshit "history" lesson by History Channel

First three seasons are good

Then the SJW pozzing starts

Homesex, diversity, pisslam propaganda, overtl y muh strung wymmenz, shitty writing, uninteresting plot etc

Only watch the first three seasons, its perfectly rounded and ends perfectly when it should, with ragnards illness (death)

Its literally fantasy with inspiration from legends.

Last Kingdom is more "realistic".

i hate their hair. it's a complete immersion killer

It goes full SJW in the later season, cucking out to Muslims and feminists

Season 1 was awesome, a sort of plausible medieval pagan hierarchical society with a decent thoughts behind the script. Based Floki ftw.
But then it became a shitshow of stronk womyn, gook princesses, peaceful mudslimes and KANGS. Unwatchable cringe-fiesta.

>so far
You must be in season one

fuck off, it's full of feminist crap and excuusnegers/asians.

Season 1 and 2 are pretty good. But after that the jews got involved and now its a sjw shit show

>Also, you start seeing minorities appear in Kattegut

didn't notice that but wouldn't be surprised at all about that

>half of it is accurate
That's huge overstatement.

I disagree. It makes vikings look badass. Also they are fighting europeans most of the time.

I do agree however that the Muslim thing with Floki was utter crap. He respects Islam but not Christianity.

Also the chink is bad screenwriting really.

Which hair? Most of it has been in existence for millennia.

Boudicca was a very rare exception.

There isn't a lot of evidence to back up the existence of shieldmaidens. The only historically accurate account of female warriors are onna-bugeisha, and even then it was rare for female samurai to actually fight in pitched battles.

>You know Boudica was real, right?

One woman in the last 2,000 years. What's your point, cuck? How does one Celtic woman in the 1st century AD relate to Viking Scandinavia in the 9th century?

>As well as Medb.

Medb is a mythological figure, you fucking dunce. You might as well say that Wonder Woman was real.

Boudica ordered other people to die more than anything.

Islam is a religion for warriors, Christianity is one for cucks and he recognized that as soon as he laid eyes on them.

The Last Kingdom is better. Even has some of the same characters and some of the story line. More about British history in the time when the Danes settled there and the unification of England.

Also don't forget the obvious anti European propaganda with le ebil Christians

>Literal burning cross KKK style , worshipped by ebil raysests who just lynched (snow)niggers
It was so rediculous Iol'd

Calm down Hanzi, otherwise Merkels new (S)afety (S)quad will track you down for wrong think.

First season was cool. Then it became literally disney-tier.

Was better in the early seasons. Fuck it though, I work as an extra on the show and it keeps me in pocket money. One more season to go at least so they can wrap things up. From what I've been involved in the next season to air is going to be better again, but I don't know what is going on in more character focused sets. Stay tuned for some big battles.

Some of the shit that happens in the series is pretty silly. Like Lagertha never aging because Katheryn want's to stay pretty and young looking for future acting rolls etc. It's normie entertainment though, what do you honestly expect? Ragnar is like 5 different fucking people made one. It is not meant to be historically accurate.

>I disagree. It makes vikings look badass.

By ordering a guy to raise his wife's boyfriend's kid? And by threatening to kill him if he doesn't? Fuck off, cuck.

>Also they are fighting europeans most of the time.

Yes. Because they literally fellate the Muslims. Floki literally, on camera, gets down on his knees and sucks the cocks of over 200 Muslims and he guzzles the cum down, turns to the camera and says "Yummy".

That's bullshit.

Islam is a religion of subjugation, just like the other Abrahamic religions. It's literally an FAQ for warlords on how to dominate conquered populations.

See, people are mentioning Floki's bullshit where he was all "KILL KILL KILL THE CHRISTIANS AND THEIR FALSE GOD" and then literally is ready to die for some random muzzies.

But what do you all think of the one Muslim girl "refugee" with his wife literally pulling an allahu akbar with a knife the first chance she got?

Seems like Floki got what he deserved right?

ragnar dies at the hand of the eternal anglo in a snake pitt

that is how it ended in real life anyway lol

Idk Rolo leading the Normans, ragnars conquest, ivar leading the great heathen army, and the story of Egbert and Aelin all actualy happened. It's more the time frame that's played with not the events themselves

>Islam is a religion for warriors,

Then why do they lose every war they've ever fought?

The show launched pissed me off, they premiered it right after History's "The Bible" miniseries, trying to put pagans on the same pedestal as our Holy Scriptures.

Good to know where it ends the mighty warrior spirit of the pagans.

Ragnar fucks a chink, lagertha becomes a lesbian,stronk womyn and glorifies nigger like mudhut dwellers who sold whites to muslims. pretty shit if you ask me and I actually used to like it before I came here

That's style and only visible to us.
The only supernatural part in whole series, that was also acknowledged by the characters in the show; was Odin appearing to his son and them all hearing Ragnar's voice.
That was like a 180 turn.

I couldn't bring myself to watch it when I saw the main characters fantasy armour. Looks retarded.

boudicca tried
boudicca died
brutally

probably the bob marley haircut

beyond cancer

couldnt stand this fucking show after that

It's good just don't watch season 4.

>Ragnar fucks a chin
I forgot that. A chink princess. Priceless.

im glad you put that savage bitch down italy

roman occupation was a gift

No
I could understand if it was just writing i.e Loki just like!Ed Islam more
But they cinamatographicqally shilled for isslam, shamellsly making it appear "beautiful omg"
>Slow camera movement
>Pious Muslims praying fearlessly before armed white savages
>Allahu Akbar halls trough the halls and everybody is in awe
>Camera moves around slowly around the orderly lines of saintly Muslims on their knees
>Floki going on about OMG ISLAM101011010101 for three minutes straight

If you cut it and overlay it with a nasheed you'd have a literal ISIS propaganda video

>Vikings were so fucking stupid they never knew of the existence of Britannia until they started raiding
>Muh strong independent vikang women who don't need no man
>Thoroughly cucked by Islam somehow

This is the word kind of bluepilled shit. The subtle kind that tries to sell itself as even remotely authentic.

It's trash.

As a Norwegian, i didn't like it. They depicted the culture wrong in so many ways. When Ragnar invented a compass, telling about a land FAR west. It's a fucking three days sail, follow the stars and the birds dammit.

Western Christianity was built on the backs of pagans.

>ivar is literal school-shooter white supremacist
>cant satisfy womyn
>short
>limp dick
>retarded hair
>"white" nationalist is an irrational crazy shitter

wish it would have lasted
imagine being there, looking at the endless wave of barbarian rebels running away from you after you slaughtered them mercilessly because you actually know how to keep a fucking shield up

This. The characterisation and much of the costuming is pure fantasy, but the depiction of alfred the great as a reformer and the battle for the unification of england is pretty much spot on.

Is it really only 3 days sailing? The show made it look like damn 2 weeks or something.

As for OP's question, it has some merit, and the parts where they speak in old english are really beautiful. But there are some obligatory SJW moments, and some retarded ahistorical shit particularly in the latest season. (Yes Im aware its partially myth, still doesnt justify some of the dumb shit)

Also, ragnar dual wields a little too much for my liking. Anyone without a shield would have been BTFO by an archer in no time.

Boudica was a Queen, her warriors were men. Until you can show me female remains with bone spurs and healed battle wounds, female warriors don't exist outside of saga. Being buried with weapons is not proof enough.

Boudica wasnt fighting and was utterly incompetent commander

>vikings
>they're all speaking English
>with British accents
>talking about God

Fake-ass Hollywood-tier shit.

>Redpilled
>Sucks Muslim dick
>Muh warrior dykes
Fuck off kike!

>imagine being there, looking at the endless wave of barbarian rebels running away from you after you slaughtered them mercilessly because you actually know how to keep a fucking shield up

if anything proves the superiority of the roman warmachine back then it is this battle. holy shit

you forgot
>edgy
and he is now average Sup Forums user

not to mention that they picked the perfect spot for battle, their flanks and back were covered by hills and a thick forest, the rebels could only charge forward, it was a death trap

>utterly incompetent commander
This is probably unfair. She did better than most Celtic rulers.

Also
>fuck xtianity, lol what a fags, and they worship dude on two sticks!!!
>b-but we need to respect Islam, we're not islamophobics or smthng

that's not exactly a high standard

it's good but pushing in feminist agenda in "historical" series is just too stupid. just imagine whole drakkar of women starting menstruating in one day.
also biggest historical inaccurascy is half of vikings already were christians at the times of series. varyags builded churches in kievan rus.

yeah, i watched a detailed docu about it on yt, where that is mentioned, too. can't find it right now though.

the only weakness the roman military seems to have had is the lack of scouting-missions (on horseback) to prevent ambushes on legions in the field

nah, they did that, if you're thinking about teutoburg you have to remember that the scouts were traitors too

This character really grinds my gears.
He's a cringey fag trying to be Ragnar, not pulling it off and trying to edgier than edge all the time.

>Floki loves his gods and hates all other fake religions
>Floki kills the christians and spits on their fake semite god
>Floki walks into a mosqe full of muzzies
>Floki is impressed by their devotion and culture
>Floki chooses not to kill them or to disrupt their spiritual journey

if your lord and saviour is a jew, you need to reconsider your life tbqh

Floki is Varg obviously

Romans had pretty good cavalry, though they were almost always foreign. Numidians, Batavi, Alans, etc.

>Vikings
>Redpilled

You must be joking, it's the most disgusting liberal / moral-relativist shit on tv right now. They even spare the muslims in the last season. Man... shieldmaidens?

not teutoburg. i mean stuff like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=nfdM76p7Dpk

@3:00

it probably isn't mentioned in that video but as far as i know the cavalry couldn't be arsed to do scouting because all of them belonged to aristocratic/upper class families.

If jews are still a thing nowadays, it's because of christianity. If the romans never had embraced christianity, you never would have heard of the jews.
So, please stop the "christianity is a jew trick" meme

He's a cripple

in later periods, yes. additionally you have to take treason into account. see

It's a metaphor, you dope. Your wrong convictions and beliefs make you a cripple in this progressive glorious day and age. If only he forgave his brothers and gave up on this being as good as hitler(ragnar) - he'd probably just stood up there and went for a jog.

Floki was impressed with their fanaticism, being extremely faithful himself. It's called character development.

They weren't portrayed that way. There were like two trained warriors around and they fought, everyone else just kept worshiping. That's not peaceful, it's fanatical and stupid.

Confirmation bias. When norse women fought men from other cultures they were on equal footing, but against norse men they just fucking died. If a woman trains more than a man for years it makes up the difference.

The only valid point in this fucking thread.

>drives out moneylenders from temples

You're right, he's a Jew - but not THAT kind of Jew. Pretty based I think.

Well Ragnar was from Denmark/Frisia. I've crossed the Atlantic in 16 days sailing 5-7knots avg.

You know, Buzzfeed showed us all how to paint with period blood.

Season 1 was great. It was all downhill from there and the show got infested with leftist bullshit like all shows do these days.

>If a woman trains more than a man for years it makes up the difference.
Do you actually believe this? Training won't change every single advantage men have over women you fucking retard.