Another part of the real estate market is starting to crumble

>Landlords may have finally pushed apartment tenants to the limit of what they can afford

Rent and house prices have gone up too much too fast. Property taxes are way too high to justify buying in many areas in demand. Yet, paying $1,600/month for a box is just not feasible long-term. Something has to give eventually. Someone is going to be stuck with the bill.

archive.is/7cGVN

ive been thinking for some time i should exit VNQ, but commercial rentals and self storage are still golden

>locked in 1300/mo until next june for a 1073 sq ft apartment
feels good

Have you thought about not living in the center of a big city?

Shilling out $1,300/month for base rent feels good?

Even the prices in the outskirts have skyrockets. Gas on the commute will push living expenses even higher if you live too far from work.

m8 that better come with a blowjob room, cause you're getting fucked.

You don't have to live in a big city, there are plenty of smaller cities all over the country

Jobs, jobs, jobs. You get one, then you get fired. You have to live where there are more jobs to find another. No loyalty from employers today.

So if you move to a tiny city for work, then get fired, you might be out of work for months before finding another. Thus, living in a central location in a major city is the best economical choice for many. But rent is out of control at these places.

You mean tenants have driven up prices.
Landlords can't drive up prices unless they control enough property to meaningfully reduce supply AND they can afford to wait for someone to get it at that price. And why wait? Just rent the damn thing out.

>But rent is out of control at these places.

Then push for the city councils to approve more housing.

>Then push for the city councils to approve more housing

yeah why doesn't the NY city council just build new houses behind Old Man McCarthy's farmhouse? can't believe nobody has thought of this before. this is a panacea for metropolises everywhere

>Thus, living in a central location in a major city is the best economical choice for many. But rent is out of control at these places.

Can you not understand basic supply and demand economics? Don't live there - when no one is renting guess what? Rent comes down.

Don't be a fool and overspend on your housing - you are locking yourself into a life of wage slavery.

They are building apartments right and left where I live. Probably is they are not affordable.

Okay, now address the rest of my post without destroying your argument. Pro-tip, you can't.

Seriously?

1. Be smart - spending upwards of 60% of your income on housing should tell you something is wrong. Inb4 'muh cities, muh culture, muh fun...' You were looking for something to give? That should be first.

2. Property taxes are pretty in line with desirability. OMG you make $24k a year and can't live in a wealthy suburb?!? Here's a hint - lower your standards.

It's too bad the 'gimme dat' millennial generation, raised on the complete pampered experience has to take a step back - know what? I don't live in my dream location yet. But we bought an affordable house in a kinda out of the way area - and we have ample spare cash to live and save.

I pay 40,000¥ per month for my apartment near Tokyo. ($400 of your money.)

I am saving up to buy directly a 5,000,000¥ house for my wife and I. ($50,000 of your joke money.)

That is in addition to the rice farmstead that I will soon inherit from my kin to use as a cottage and organic farm worked for free by white gaijins. I plan to buy adjacent properties to expand by landholdings to become a Shogun and restore my clan to honor.

I laugh at you fat gaijin pigs. Your rents are almost as big as your noses. All your housing is sitting empty owned by Chinese or banks while you flood your own countries with the refuse of Africa and pay for their housing with tax money. It's like you want to make rents as high as possible.

Will your boomer parents even will you anything or will they sell their properties to waste your birthrights on cruises and luxurious retirement hotels?

It's like you want to deny futures to the new generations.

I laugh and laugh. Stupid pigs.

your wife's boyfriend isn't going to contribute to the house at all?

I live in San Francisco and haven't paid rent in 5 months.

There's very little my landlord can do about it, when he shows up to threaten me I just get undressed and threaten to call the cops for sexual harassment and then he just fucks back off.

California gives him no power to evict me and eviction procedures here in SF can last up to 2 years kek.

I basically told him I'm not going to pay $1700 for a tiny studio apartment and if he doesn't cut rent in half I will continue to make his life a fucking nightmare.

I've also changed the locks on his door, so now this cucklord can't even come inside his own property.

>b..but I thought I could just charge people rediculous amounts of rent without any consequences ;_;

I live in a major city with a steady job in walking distance, low crime, nice people, woods and parks and shit all over, a yard to myself, free parking, and basically an entire 800sqft floor of a house including laundry facilities, a shed outside for extra storage to myself for $900/mo.

Awesome apartment ching chong

>Jobs
m8 I live in Chicago the only jobs here are packing up and leaving and rent is STILL too damn high.

Okinawa Marine?

My wife is loyal. Europe is expressing a bizarre cuckold fetish again.

Where? Or what state?

pic related.

I too enjoy being deceitful on the internet

This is why rent is expensive

>refute my argument
>you talk too much
Pick one

How about we stop the yuppies and hipsters from driving up the price in the first place
Look at what happened to places like San francisco for example

>tfw only paying $1500/mo on my 4bed 3bath house
lol urbanites

>tfw $1200 a month for a rural and suburban retard home
I don't understand why

That photograph is from the underworld of Hong Kong.

A safe pace to get the value of your investment back is 15-20 years. Any more raises than that will increase the odds of you not getting tenants. If the market is more fucked up, than it's not healthy. It's a very special market, regular capitalist rules don't and shouldn't apply to it.

I am neither Okinawan nor a Marine, thank God.

Great idea comrade!

Pittsburgh, PA. Granted the last few years have been setting up for a scary demographic shift that might well ruin the place within a decade.

Good while it lasted, I guess. At least I have the means now to move a little more out of the way.

So is your make-believe apartment.

Hey, gotta pay the bills, son. Can't spend 20 minutes deciphering your broken sentence structure, and drawn out arguments.

Well you def earned your $.02 shitposting on here!

Why even continue to live at that point? Can you even call living in a cage like a rat "living"?

My landlords are raising the rent and I'm about to put in 30 days.... Just working on getting another place further out of Seattle.

I wish every illegal was deported right now. Suddenly landlords would be competing for tenants.

Welcome to being an adult. Move to where you can afford. Work and save. If your goal is comfortable living you will get there eventually.

>living in a central location in a major city is the best economical choice for many.

I could barely get a job at McDonalds when I lived in Chicago, then I moved out to the suburbs and there are jobs everywhere. The young people are all in college or moved to the city, sure, you're not going to be wearing a suit working in a high-rise but they're still good jobs.

Here in Leafland weve got people buying houses, waiting a few months, and then selling them at a profit BEFORE construction has even began.
Its insane

Nobody should be surprised that we're in another real estate bubble (both the US and UK amongst others). That period of relatively low interest rates in the early 2000s lead to the housing bubble of the last decade, now look at rates since 2008... We are in what many are calling "The Everything Bubble" (stocks, bonds, real estate and more) right now, and that tiny hike in rates since late 2015 you see on the chart is already beginning to burst it.

My wife is visitng parents in Hokkaido this weekend so our place is messy. Please give me a moment to arrange matters so that I might graciously provide you with a time stamp you oderous pig.

where's the demographic shift happening?
I live north off mcknight road and it's really nice, but the rent/property values are going up

>5,000,000¥ house for my wife and I. ($50,000 of your joke money.)

user, when you have to spend over 10,000 units of currency to go to the grocery store, its your money that's the joke.

>Can't spend 20 minutes deciphering your broken sentence structure
Good luck doing things like 'holding down a job' and 'paying bills on time'.

burn down every apartment complex?

Deport the refugee imports too. I know the social services organizations make bank on that racket, but how much do landlords get out of the deal? There's got to be something.

Please stop insulting rats. They are Chinese.

Yes, spics, niggers, H1Bs, poo in loos, chinks, international students, etc. are fucking shit up as well.

Not to mention traffic on the roads. Imagine if they all left, how cash that would be.

Knock down the smaller buildings and Build even more and taller high rises. Even china has this figured out, nothing under 50 floors gets built in most places, manhatten sould put its min at 100.

And it would help if most municipalities dropped the requirement for "affordable" housing. Then more greedy short sited developers would build gigantic buildings and in the long run more housing would be built, driving down prices for all.

How? Keep people out of the city?
City people always talk about how awesome things are, did you expect people not to show up an ruin it? This is EXACTLY why we say "FUCK OFF. WE'RE FULL"

>They are building apartments right and left where I live. Probably is they are not affordable.

Give it time, if they overbuild, which is likely, rent will drop.

I live in one of the most expensive counties in the country, not a metropolitan city though. Whenever you drive through the city proper there are tons of help wanted signs all about, because the working class has been all but driven out to the poorer parts of the county. No one wants to commute 30 minutes to work at panera bread or wherever because they could just work at the one in their own town. Its not as simple as solution as telling people to live with in there means. Many of our land owners let there buildings sit empty then lower their prices.

I jerk off to the thought. Problem is outside of a big metropolis there are literally no women. That's even bigger problem than jobs. You can always find a decent company within an hour but women are nonexistent outside of em

You have two units. Dollars and cents. We just have one. Yen. We do not worry about fractions of yen. It is greatly advantageous and superior.

Affluent university areas (e.g. Squirrel Hill, North Oakland) are an Asian invasion with some poo in the loo. Shady Side went from having a few gay bars on the back road to being groce (and I say this having grown up not far from NYC), walk down Murray Ave and you are sure to see hijabs. Older regentrified areas near East Liberty, Bloomfield, etc. are getting large high density apartment buildings and UN Agenda 21 enclaves. I didn't catch the Eid celebration this year, but last year I happened across one out of nowhere and had no idea there were that many muzzies living here looking like they came straight out of Arabia.

It's still a great place overall, but it's got the makings of going downhill before you know it. It's also a major designated rapefugee resettlement area, and the globalist universities are dead set on the economic model of brining in foreigners and then retaining them in a growing high tech sector.

I live in the city of St. Louis

>inb4 crime, oh fuck yes there is, thing is I grew up here and am used to it

You'd think with this place being the poster child for crime, things would be dirt fucking cheap, right? Even in this place the rent is rising. They're building $1000 for 500 sq ft towers in the attractive places.

I pay $785 for a 800 sq ft with wood floors and shit.

>Problem is outside of a big metropolis there are literally no women.

Oh come now. There's lots of women, just much lower concentrations of sluts and whores.

I pay 1015 a month for rent in the ghetto while I go to college and work part time with my fiance. Now that number is from 4 years ago. This city has rent control, but if I and gf were to get another apt at the same place, or if we moved out for example and came back, they would charge over 1100 for the same thing. In places like Burbank it's even more and not really what it used to be.

The problem here are greedy landlords and illegals who abuse the renting system, they get into a place that costs for example 1K and have 5 other people living there who pay 200 each a month, the landlords have caught on so that's why they raise the rents. Not to mention there are over 3 million illegals in this state, the real number is twice as much.

Paid off my house in the early 90's
feels good

On a scale of 1 to 10, how mad would you say you are right now?

I thought asians were supposed to be good at math

>tfw $400 a month for living in a brand spanking new two story house by myself

feels good to be a Southerner

This is awesome. Felt good to read even though it's wrong.

This seems to be the path of all American cities, quickly becoming places where only the poorest (who don't pay thier rent) and the richest (who don't give a shit) can afford to live.
>landlords have caught on so that's why they raise the rents

Yes, the value of their property has risen so they are charging appropriately. Two jobs, same work, one pays 10% more. Which do you take?

>it's the landlords fault

I hope you guys don't believe this bullshit. Here in Onterrible utility costs have gone through the roof. My rental units are hardly profitable and I have to deal with shitty tenants constantly.

This is the fault of our dumb ass governments that get voted in by retarded (literally) people on ODSP and other forms of welfare. I am so sick of this shithole I am very close to liquidating everything and getting the fuck out of this commie hellhole.

Nothing lasts forever, don't worry, soon they will come to your area and raise cost of living. This is all outside interest and they have got more money than you can ever dream, look what happened to Hollywood and Los Angeles and the entire west coast, they were bought out by the Chinese to pad their portfolios. So yea, enjoy it while it lasts, and believe me I get no satisfaction or happiness in saying this, it's fucked up. I visit the east coast every year and they have got no clue what's in store for them, not a fucking clue.

>Many of our land owners let there buildings sit empty then lower their prices.
You understand how mortgages work, right? The second the occupied units stop paying the landlord's mortgage, prices will drop and the vacant units will be put up for rent. A landlord can afford empty units up to a point - it's diminishing returns.

Variance in rent is pretty crazy. I used to have a two-story townhouse all to myself for $650, but unfortunately the landlord was incompetent and couldn't figure out how to keep it maintained within that budget. Sometimes I think I should have just bought the place and flipped it myself.

that's interesting
I don't spend much time in the city I didn't even know what eid was, but I heard about the refugee resettlement agenda. I was reading documents about Erie taking in hundreds of them throughout the past few years, and will continue to bring them in.

Sitting in a home I own while you bitch about making basic rent payments? Not at all brother...

Here's the secret - we love idiots like you - keep paying out the nose, bound in wage slavery - we need you to keep the economy churning with your poor financial decisions. Thank you brave soldier!

>Eire
Holy shit I had gone up for a day trip to that island thing they have in the lake like I don't know 5 years ago and it was kind of a neat day trip.

Then some family came to visit a year ago and decided to go check it out. It was absolutely thronged with Indians wearing all ethnic Indian gowns and everything. I mean hey it's not like they're bad people, but this is just crazy.

>paying property taxes, insurance, interest, repairs, & maintenance

He thinks he owns his home.

>I visit the east coast every year and they have got no clue what's in store for them, not a fucking clue.

Doesn't even have to be direct from China either. The Californians have fucked up our market something aweful. Of course now I can sell a house on .2 acres and buy 40 acres down south and still have money left over.

Feels ok. I guess.

>costs of owning something
>"haha you don't own it!!!!"
what did he mean by this

Yeah but once you get enough properties if you know what you're doing and you flagrantly select only tenants that don't suck then it really does start to pay for itself with enough left over to make pre-emptive improvements here and there. Helps a ton once you accumulate reliable workers and you enjoy getting your hands dirty yourself here and there.

t. did a stint as a property manager for a while

It's like how he doesn't have to pay for gas when he takes Uber but you do in your car. He's just using classic Moron logic.

>Pittsburgh, PA.
Where at? Don't say Shadyside or Squirrel Hill.

Don't pay your property taxes one year. See what happens.

In other words, you work your ass off. I already work 40 hours. I'm not going to spend my free time stressing working more, even if it is half ass lucrative (which you don't mention the mass of landlords that don't make shit).

>1300/mo
Christ. It feels good to live in the rural South.

I just bought a house for 540,000
I took a loan out and found one I liked because I thought if I waited any longer I'd end up living in an apartment for the next 5 years. Also, I was worried that if the economy crashes, I'll get kicked out of my apartment right away, but if I own a house I can keep living there without payment for 6 months or longer.

we're all gonna point and laff when the gubmint forces you to house somalis

Any time you're running your own business, more or less, you work your ass off. Maybe if you're the kind who just wants to work part time you eventually get it to where it runs itself for the most part.

It's certainly not for everybody. But if you do it right it can be rather lucrative. I met a kid once who basically inherited his landlord's real estate empire after having learned the ropes while he was renting because the landlord decided it was about time to go retire on an island paradise. I don't know the kid too well, but he seemed like he knew what he was doing and had the social skills to pull it of.

I'm sure he's seen rough spots, but that is one lucky motherfucking kid. You should have seen the way he smiled when we got to talking about his situation.

I was living in a 950 sq ft apartment for $1900 a month before I got a house. But that was in California.

>Don't pay your property taxes one year. See what happens.

Ah you are one of those idiots. That's fine, just keep paying the middle man then. As a landlord I prefer that.

>le everyone is a le communist

>>paying property taxes, insurance, interest, repairs, & maintenance
mfw keeping up your property and selling for a profit.
Done it twice already.

Everyone's charging high, even if it's out in the bumfuck suburbs.

I pay $2700 a month for my 4 bedroom house

Used to be South Oakland, on the far side of the Boulevard so it was more quiet comfy blue color real nigga hours instead of the UPitt college town war zone.

Had to bounce though. Technically Northern Squirrel Hill now, getting close to the border with Shady Side, so at least it's sort of between quiet college kids and quiet old people.

Literally having this poor an understanding how living in a town works. You know shit like 'having a police force', 'plowed/clean streets', 'educated youth' cost money, right? If you use the town services and don't pay - damn right the town puts a lien on your house.

Again - we love guys like you. Overspend on the stupid things & we will continue to reap the benefits...

>As a landlord I

Hey, landlord! My toilet's broken!

Stop using a US VPN you Kraut. That shit won't happen here.

Government control of housing prices. Government control of who lives where.

Historical awareness much?

I guess we should convert to using just pennies, as so to be superior like the Japanese.

Hey let me come over and take a quick look. I've got a snake. (That way I can also see if you're at fault for something, or if there are obvious problems you haven't told me about.) And if that doesn't do it I'll see if Chris from MAP can get over quick

I hope you enjoy your life on fukushima island

Hey, landlord! My AC is out!