Post ITT only if your state doesn't have brain eating bacteria in the water. Not so fast, Lousiana!

Post ITT only if your state doesn't have brain eating bacteria in the water. Not so fast, Lousiana!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naegleriasis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks like those amoebas are gonna starve.

I'm surprised if this best post is also the only post. This seems like a big deal.

It's louisiana, who the fuck cares? Deep south needs to sink.

>taking precautions in showers
what precautions? avoid the water?

Who needs it?

Shit man, I wish they told us. I heard the aomebas get in through your ears I think. Maybe wear ear plugs or rinse your ears out? But once you get infected, you show some basic flu symptoms and then in like 3 weeks you're fucking brain dead.

amoeba is not a bacteria, ignoramus

>Swimming in anything that isn't chlorinated down south

People don't actually do this shit do they?

Nose, not ears.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naegleriasis

Ha ha scare news...very similar to fake news.

This is a good meme if you spam the fuck out of it and make some OC

Paranoid neurotic here, had a fit about naegleria fowleri when I first found out about it. It's summer, so it makes sense that stories are coming out again. Basically, you're fine if you don't jump into pools/lakes without plugging your nose. Don't sniff water really hard and you're good to go. Also, don't use a neti pot, ever. Boiled/sterilized, whatever, just don't use one.

If you're worried about the shower thing, just run it for 5 or so minutes before getting in, ez.

>don't use a Neti pot, ever
Holy shit this, whenever a patient says they use one I cringe at the sheer stupidity.

whats the issue with neti pots, aside from looking real retarded?

Naegleria Fowleri is harmless unless it gets really far up your nose, like where the nerves start. Neti pots involve running water way too close to that area, and if you have infected water, you're dead.

It's through the nose.

>drinking tap water is still safe
>taking precautions in pools and showers can reduce risk of infection

What they seem to be saying is that it's killed or rendered harmless through our digestive tract, but water in ears could result in having a very bad day.

No sir, the specific amoeba they are describing is Naegleria Fowleri, and it is only dangerous when it can latch on to the nerves/tissue very deep inside your nose. There are no other known routes of infection.

I went to Camel Beach water park in PA on Wednesday and it's been burning when I piss ever since

nose too

>waterpeople were real all along

d*ng

Thanks for the correction, good sir. I am a horse's ass.

This happened in the USA a few times before already, it's only dangerous if the water gets inhaled.

>the brain virus is making my dick hurt

Maybe it's from the loli and shota bladder-squeezin's floating around, true

Why would brain eating amoebas form in Louisiana where all of their food sources are small instead of California or New York?

this type of amoeba has been seen as far north as maryland

If you do get infected by it, what are your options? It's super hard to detect until you die, but if you do go to the doctor before your brain turns to jello, can they even save you?

There are drug treatments, but the chance of success is low, the disease has a 95 percent kill rate.

>Tfw nature has created a bacteria specifically targetting Jews

Amoeba, not bacteria. big difference.

Sadly, there are virtually none. A little girl survived and recovered after typical meningitis treatment I think, but they caught it early. This infection has around a 98% mortality rate, but luckily it is extremely rare (less than 200 cases in ~50 years in the US.)

Its coming from the gulf.
>It's the result of Corexit.
They knew about this decades ago when they first banned it.

I'm willing to bet a fourth of our populace doesn't know the difference between viruses and bacteria, much less bacteria and amoeba.

Jewish noses are big enough to filter any microorganisms going through. This was arteficially created to target smallnosed goyim.

That's about the same yearly death rate as plague got.