Why are millenials refusing to take out mortgages Sup Forums?

Why are millenials refusing to take out mortgages Sup Forums?

I don't need the space or the debt. I could certainly afford a starter home, but I see no reason to hold that kind of debt. It's not the right decision for me right now. I've heard the "investment" angle and I'd rather hold an investment that's more liquid than real estate.

Would be nice. I'm just glad i was able to lease a car.

I'm 36 and probably won't see home ownership in my lifetime in the current climate.

because shitty credit and no way to get 20% down

Because that requires a job and somewhat decent credit. Allowance doesn't count.

To pay for over valuated houses? Inflation is all around us but it is dispersed into different sectors, like housing, medical care, education and energy. Soon inflation trickle down to everyday goods. I'll rather save up and look for an opportunity when the debt ridden system comes to a grinding hold.

Because Asia is the new first world. White people are basically what niggers were a few decades ago.

We decided to rent because we don't want to have to pay for the upkeep of a house. If something breaks they send someone right away to fix it. Professional landscapers keep the grounds looking nice. We aren't looking to live in a house until we inherit one.

Average listed price of an existing home in the US is ~$190K.
20% down for a standard mortgage is $38K.
80% of Americans under 30 have less than $1000 in savings and have a median income $15-20K less those over 30.

How do people have less than 1k in savings what the fuck

Shitty jobs, high rent, and massive debt.

What about things like USDA loans and other avenues?

>Why are millenials refusing to take out mortgages Sup Forums?

You a banker?

because they are smart?

I keep looking to be honest, it's really tempting. I'm finishing off a _much_ belated 2 year degree and cert as an older millennial. My credit is great, approaching stellar but while in school I tend the two blond haired blue eyed kids me and my partner have since she makes as much as she does. I want both incomes in play for the house but at the same time since I'm going half time due to the kids these last couple years are in slowmo and I'm watching my area prices skyrocket, still so much better than the national average but I'm worried the area is going to get more expensive and I like small outlays, I like a simple life focused on family and passion. But I fear if I make the wrong choice on a house my satisfaction in life will be seriously impeded.

>inflation is all around
.>I'll rather save up

>don't make enough money to own a house
>debt is a stupid fucking idea

Gee, I wonder why.

Actually we experienced deflation for 3 years, only knoiw we are going back to normal

Can't make a minimum payment on low-wage low-hour work

Houses cost 10,000% more than what they cost to produce, which is usually less than 20k. Yet they usually sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Just because previous generations were stupid enough to fall for this meme doesn't mean the "meme war" generation will.

In fact, "Homeownership" isn't the only meme we're not falling for. Every industry is bleeding right now because Millenials won't buy anything.

Like we don't all know who stole everything from us, lolololol. We're not the stupid sheep our parents and grandparents were, morons. We're going to crash this economy with no survivors.

Are they?

Here every student thinks it a human right to own their own apartment, an piles on debt like crazy to make it happen.

Why do you keep creating these stupid goddamn "Why do millennials x?" threads?

Why would you build yourself up for a personal economic disaster?

Housing prices just keep on rising while by all meters in the West they should be falling. It's a bubble. My fellow Europeans take a good look at the positions of major real estate investors and alters they are all pro-immigration because they want to artificially increase demand to increase profit revenues. Migrants will not be able to buy houses but because they eat up all the low cost subsidized housing that leaves the natives with only the option to cough up even more money for rents or mortgages.

Boomer housing bubble is so huge that once it bursts it will take real estate investments and most of the banking sector with it.

Keep larping shill

It's stunning how few people recognize how artificial the entire market it

Fuck you, OP.

I JUST tried to borrow 190,000 for a house, of which I had 10,000 down payment for.
I had to pay a $750 "good faith" check and had to pay for the home inspection AND home appraisal and guess what? The bank denied my loan because I had put too much (1200) cash money I had been saving up into my bank account and the bank didn't like that and said it was too suspicious since I couldn't prove where it came from EVEN THOUGH I COULD SINCE I WAS WITHDRAWING MONEY MONTHLY FOR IT. Now I'm out about 2000 dollars and there's nothing I can do about it.

Fuck banks, fuck houses, fuck America.

Can't afford it
No decent paying jobs, out of control housing prices

The left does but they automatically think the market as a whole is artificial and somehow just go full retard: "living without like money and like other materialistic things man would be like awesome dude!"

On the right there is this naive almost religious faith in markets. "Free market will fix it if we just privatize everything to giant mega-corporations it would all just turn better somehow. Trust in the markets and Jesus."

dont worry bout it you neet faggots will never have the ability to do such a thing just sit back on your parents money and stfu degenerates

Hard to save up for a down payment when you're sending 1,000 a month to Sallie Mae in addition to all your regular monthly expenses

As a landlord I'm really happy about this development.

Rents go up each year and less people own their own home, which means more potential tenants for me.

I love it

nigga I've got more bitcoins than that
and that was just from some autism when the market allowed it

Being a slave to the (((Banks))) for rest your life.(((Banks))) that can change the rules to make sure they win the property in the end.