Automation Is Biggest Economic Threat

While Trump is crying about immigration and China automation is threatening jobs. Macdonalds is replacing with robots, even high skilled jobs are being replaced by robots. I think this is wrong and has to stop. Tell me why there hasn't been a ban on automation yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_dividend#Criticism
youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
youtube.com/watch?v=WSKi8HfcxEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>guys, this technological advancement is going to result in mass unemployment, unlike literally every other technological advancement in human history!

Let me guess, we need to fix this "problem" that is decades away by even the most optimistic estimates with a universal basic income.

Yeah sure buddy, sure, having robots replacing all the jobs will TOTALLY be like the 1800s which a machine could move up and down with a level.

>Tell me why there hasn't been a ban on automation yet?
Cause meat-puppets like you are less profitable.

Well that's why we need to vote a BAN ON AUTOMATION

No. We need more students in gender studies.

>Yeah sure buddy, sure, having internal combustion engines will TOTALLY be like horse-drawn machines
>Yeah sure buddy, sure, creating assembly lines will TOTALLY be like a single person using replaceable parts to build a product
>Yeah sure buddy, sure, having computers in the office will TOTALLY be like having a small army of clerks processing paperwork and punched cards

Reminder that no matter what fantastical speculations you make you will never be entitled to another private individual's capital.

Are you ok my Croatian friend?

Reminder that no matter how much you try to justify it you will never be entitled to the collectives property aka private property. And it will be different since automation can literally do everything a human can.

Yes. Why do you ask?

I know right? We banned slavery and child labor. But if that's how we're going to go why not just use a system of social dividends after nationalizing industry?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_dividend#Criticism

Why would you want more people into gender studies?

I am 100% for that!

I don't really do. I was just practicing my sardonicism.

>And it will be different

There you go again.

Here's a serious question: let's go ahead and say that automation will make human workers obsolete. Let's also say it is decades before the majority of workers get replaced (as again is consistent with the most liberal estimates). Why aren't you preparing for that eventuality? Is it because you assume that the state should take care of you instead?

I am failing to understand your overall message

Because i can't prepare, what can i do?

Automation can be dealt with by transitioning to a post labour scarcity economy. This is inevitable in the long run. Illegal spic labour and outsourcing cannot be.

When all jobs are automated, humanity will become more miserable than ever.

You'll either become obsolete and useless, a relic of a bygone age, or the Government will give you money in the form of a universal income, and social mobility will end completely. Corporations will hold all the power, and people will just become endless consumers.

Life will have no high points to enjoy and low points to strengthen and shape you, it'll all be one long and depressing existence, just like proles from 1984

Trying to pitch an idea to ban the development and progress of sciences in a market that thrives on the constant progress of innovation and invention?

Hahahaha.

Go back to your drawing board, comrade.

The problem with automation is not automation itself.
It is the distribution of wealth that is the problem.
Only automation can bring us to a (((post scarcity))) society.

Get with the program and go for tech careers. not everyone is cut out to be an engineer but someone has to maintain all dem evil machines that come with automation. Pull a Darwin and adapt in order to survive. Beats complaining on Sup Forums.

Automation is a threat to slave labor-based economies with depleted natural resources (like China)

Back in the 1800's people like you called for a ban on machinery as it made the spinning wheel that spun cotton and fabric defunct which caused mass unemployment.

Without advancing to machinery and listening to idiotic leftists like you humanity would be much less advanced

Also,
It is inherent that the (magical rainbows kike self regulating) market system is going to withhold the advancements to humanity brought by automation.

Nice shit opinion

Oh no

No i want a 1984 based economy where progress halts, it's all about production and consuming of things. Actually more like a Brave New World based economy but with social mobility

So whats that like?

You need a degree for that

We should all be harvesting wheat with our own hands. Transporting them by human-powered vehicles to population centers built with manually crafted masonry. All while using no tools that would make it so fewer people are needed for the job.
That way everyone will have a job.
Also 1000$ minimal wage.

China is communist they are cool with automation since they could redistribute the wealth to their people

You're a moron, it's different this time

I am 100% for this the problem is convincing society to go along.

Communism is the only answer.

Which proves you're either b8 or retarded beyond salvation

You're fantastically retarded if you think China or any of the communist countries have or had welfare like the West.

A degree for wrenching and greasemonkeying? Nope. Just a tech inclined personality and a will to learn. Apprentice -> independent -> master

>argentina
Troll confirmed, get off my thread

You're 100% retarded if you think China doesn't have public roads, public healthcare system, public military, public police force, public a lot of things.

UBI wil lbe inevitable as automatation, UBI or massive decimation of the world population

I do not understand the right wing hatred for UBI to be honest with you, even Friedman himself argued for this nearly 50 years ago, albeit called it negative tax income.

It doesn't matter how intelligent you are. You need a degree and only THEY regulate who gets one and who doesn't.

> public roads, public healthcare system, public military, public police force,

So like every other country in the world? China doesn't have neetbux. You work or you die.

If China ''redistributes the wealth''
Why do they have substantially higher rates of extreme poverty than countries who don't redistribute wealth ???

Why are you calling for a ban on automation then.
Gay fucking commie troll.

Be commie all the way or fuck off.

learn digital art ;^)

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME

Yeah no shit it doesn't have neetbux. Are you dumb?

Because basically the people pay taxes to the inner party which funds the means of production, the inner party members are tax exempt and they get all the rewards of the profits.

You're obviously a troll, get off my board

Before you mention the reduction in poverty that has taken place in the last few drcades
Is because of Captalist globalisation which China takes part in which has reduced poverty not communism

>You need a degree
YOU need a QUOTE from a reputable source

What a dumbfuck troll

It is ((OUR)) board, fake commie individualist, isn't it?

You're a really bad troll, people like you would be arrested without trial in a communist regime.

In order to get a job at Silcion vlaley or some tech company or engineering company you need a DEGREE. I'm not sourcing common sense

Right now bigger threat to a society is living in an economy that's basically a bubble, we're living on a borrowed time and nobody does shit about this.

The problem with UBI is that it assumes quality of life/consumption will plateau. Automation leads to greater wealth overall, which has allowed people to pursue new industries/ideas for thousands of years. Forcing an economy to plateau with a ban on automation has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard

And you conveniently forget that I stated that someone has to work in maintenance.

>Because i can't prepare, what can i do?

Of course you can. What's your issue with automation? That you don't own the machines (and collect the profit) yourself.

What you and your commie friends could do in the meantime is start your own businesses and generate the capital needed to automate them. Then if your dumb fantasy comes true you'd have all the resources you need, with no input, right? Because these magic machines do all the work for you. And if they don't arrive, you're still making profit.

Or, you could take the opposite tack, and pool your resources to buy farmland. You build your own houses and grow your own food, then you don't have to worry about what machines the capitalist pigs are using, you have everything you need to live on.

Of course, you won't do this, and you never will, because either option requires you to take charge of your own situation, and work to produce for yourself and your family. And through your genetics and conditioning, you aren't capable of doing this, you need to be able to live off the work product of others and the only way you can accomplish that is through the coercive action of the state.

>I do not understand the right wing hatred for UBI to be honest with you, even Friedman himself argued for this nearly 50 years ago, albeit called it negative tax income.

Because UBI is the epitome of r-selection and r-selection is antithetical to civilization.

Someone, but i'd be competing with 6 billiion other people

>Of course you can. What's your issue with automation? That you don't own the machines (and collect the profit) yourself.
Yep

>What you and your commie friends could do in the meantime is start your own businesses and generate the capital needed to automate them. Then if your dumb fantasy comes true you'd have all the resources you need, with no input, right? Because these magic machines do all the work for you. And if they don't arrive, you're still making profit.
I can't afford these machines! I'm not bourgaise

>Or, you could take the opposite tack, and pool your resources to buy farmland. You build your own houses and grow your own food, then you don't have to worry about what machines the capitalist pigs are using, you have everything you need to live on.
I don't have enough money, farm land is very expensive. about a million per farm

>Of course, you won't do this, and you never will, because either option requires you to take charge of your own situation, and work to produce for yourself and your family. And through your genetics and conditioning, you aren't capable of doing this, you need to be able to live off the work product of others and the only way you can accomplish that is through the coercive action of the state.
I work for myself, it's capitalists who work via stealing

Well, that is completely different from any other time in recorded history. Valid point.

>I can't afford these machines! I'm not bourgaise
>I don't have enough money, farm land is very expensive. about a million per farm

You have literally decades and millions of fellow commies across the country to come up with this money.

>I work for myself, it's capitalists who work via stealing

Right, that's why you need the government to tax other people to provide you with money for breathing.

If this was the earlier 20th century you will be bitching and asking for tractors to be banned since it's taking away jobs of manual labor from the people.

If automation becomes commonplace and cheap it means 2 things.
a) The middle class businessman will have access to some form of mass production previously unaffortable
b) Future generations will have to adapt and seek higher education or just plainly chose other fields of work instead of tightening loose nuts for 8 hours a day.

Lets be real here, whose jobs are being threatened exactly? The vast majority or non-automated mass production is done by sweatshops so what is the issue with making the switch to automation?

I'm just scared man. I'm scared i will be a dissapointment to my family since everyone in my dads side has got good jobs and im worried in 10 years a robot will be doing my job and my dad will kick me out for being a loser and a FREAK!

Economic threat to what, low IQ retards with no skills?

>You have literally decades and millions of fellow commies across the country to come up with this money.
I don't know how i will get them to agree to this

>Right, that's why you need the government to tax other people to provide you with money for breathing.
Sure, taxation is totally the same thing as theft.

>Tell me why there hasn't been a ban on automation yet?
Alright then you fucking luddite, tell me why every construction worker shouldn't be handed a spoon instead of a shovel. A shovel allows one man to do the work of ten men with spoons. That's nine unemployed men you've created by giving one man a shovel.

No actually the proletariet class aka doctors, lawyers, accountants, bank mangers, investers, financial anyalists, all that shit is SCREWED under automation.

Because that will decrease efficiency and will require more people working and thus raise the price or there would have to be less money. It's different with automation since i don't see a future for myself with all my possible careers being taken from me.

Take a very deep breath, close your eyes, stick your left hand between your thighs and tell me what do you feel there.

Well if all industry goes automated and there are no workers, then there are no consumers and those industries go bankrupt. The fact is automation is what frees up a civilisation to go on to do bigger and bettet things, probably space colonisation. Well that's what a white civilisation would do.

What are you talking about? I have a dick

Individualist trash.
>my career

flag larping

>tfw stem student building prototypes for an automation company as a part time job
gotta replace them all :D

>i don't see a future for myself with all my possible careers being taken from me.
You retarded fucking tankie what does this even mean? How many eons do expect to live where literally every single job is done by automatons?

Services like nurses and doctors, businessmen, law enforcement, cooking, IT or STEM fields in general and literally everything are going vanish in your reality in the next decade like sponge divers because of automation? And that automation is going to repair, instruct and perpetuate itself? All this in your lifetime?

>Enrolled for EE
Will I get automated, huh? You commie fucks take everything for granted and dont even try to better yourself against the machine.

>(((doctors)))
>(((lawyers)))
>(((accountants)))
>(((bank managers)))
>(((investors)))
>(((financial analysts)))

Yes, but just as I suspected... You didn't mention any testicles.

>I think this is wrong and has to stop.

We should also get rid of cars because they are more efficient than horses.

Seriously though, if all jobs become automated then we'll just have to abandon capitalism. With mass automation we will have the resources to move beyond it. No big deal. Capitalism didn't exist for most of human history. It's not like capitalism is the end of human progress, it's just the best system we have right now.

Alright, how is a machine that screws cars together different from a shovel in that regard? A shovel can help one man do the labor of 10 men, a tractor can help a man do the labor of 100 men and a computer can help a man do the labor of 1000 men. It's merely an increase in efficiency.

Seriously nigger, the only point at which machines are utterly going to replace humans as a source of labor rather than work as enhancement of human labor will be when they achieve human levels of intelligence (ie. the ability to form independent thoughts). If this is even possible (which I doubt), we're no longer talking about machines here because at that point there's no reason not to confer full human rights on them.

Why is automation bad?

You have no balls! I called you "my croatian friend" and you humilate me on my own thread! FUCK YOU

>flag
Do you spend all day here shitposting or what?

That's not true. My family is in the law business and we are Scottish.

>tell me why every construction worker shouldn't be handed a spoon instead of a shovel. A shovel allows one man to do the work of ten men with spoons. That's nine unemployed men you've created by giving one man a shovel.
>Because that will decrease efficiency and will require more people working and thus raise the price
Do you even realize the argument you just made?

Well sorry not everyone has a 150IQ and knows complex mathamatical phyiscs.

Because i don't know what job to get. My dad said when he was coming out of university he could get whatever job he want. He had banks offering him jobs on wallstreet and finanical anaylsysts coming to the university and all that and huge law firms auctining for labour. Today you have to beg these companies and work 3 years for free to get them to consider you. Thanks a lot automation freeing up human labour.

Destroys jobs

Now since it's the summer but my dad is making me go back to work

But automation is different since lower prices aren't worth destroying our lives

>Because i don't know what job to get.
Much like how early 1800s farmers didn't know what jobs to get when they were driven off their farms. I hate to be that guy, but the free market *will* fix it. In the absence of a government that actively pays the unemployed to be unemployed, labor will arise because the economy hates idle hands. New jobs will be created, farmers will move to the city to become factory workers and carry on their shoulders the burden of an industrial boom. I can't predict what will happen after automization because I'm no fortune teller, but the historical precedent is on my side, not the side that wants to overregulate the economy.

should have studied maths or physics, if u are good its tsill like that. financial guys want you, consulting firms want you. software firms want you... they all need some small people to do the smart stuff, while the other people do the stupid stuff, thats going to be automatized

*smart people
dont know whats wrong with my writing atm baka senpai

I understand your argument. I'm just scared all the job will be like eletrical engineering, software engineering all that

I can't! I am 18 just got the marks back for physics. I got 51 and 82 in math that's not good enough for anyone to be accepted!

>x guys want you
>y firms want you
>z firms want you

No that's not true. My dad runs a law firm and he even says im a loser and doesn't want me! The future belongs to a small select technocrats, with an even smaller bougaise class, end everyone else will be on welfare or homeless.

Problem isnt that automation takes jobs, its that peoples standards of living stopped increasing alongside productivity

youtube.com/watch?v=WSKi8HfcxEk

>But automation is different since lower prices aren't worth destroying our lives
You don't like automation because it increases efficiency allowing fewer people to produce the same amount. But you're ok with shovels because they increase efficiency allowing fewer people to produce the same amount.

They aren't different. You just want an excuse for being jobless that doesn't blame yourself. The sooner you realize this the better.

I'm now 24. When I got out of high school I was offered 3 jobs starting at $20, 22 and 25 per hour because I'd worked hard and proven myself. I grew up in trailer with alcoholic parents. They had steady jobs and could always put food on the table but I'd hardly consider them or myself part of the bourgeois

>I can't! I am 18 just got the marks back for physics. I got 51 and 82 in math that's not good enough for anyone to be accepted!

Maybe it's time to accept the reality that you and the rest of the unremarkable worker bees were predestined for obsolescence.

It's more likley you're just a loser whos poor. However you rationalized yourself being a loser by blaming yourself since you don't want to blame society for your problems. You can't handle being a victim. How the hell would you get 20 an hour right out of highschool? Where the fuck did you work in high-school? I sense bullshit

Or we can vote in special laws.

>It's more likley you're just a loser whos poor. However you rationalized yourself being a loser by blaming yourself since you don't want to blame society for your problems. You can't handle being a victim. How the hell would you get 20 an hour right out of highschool? Where the fuck did you work in high-school? I sense bullshit
Now this is projecting. I started working summers when I was around 13 (mostly did landscaping for old ladies) and when I turned 16 I started working with building contractors. The $25 an hour job would have put me in charge of 3 other people and I didn't think I was ready for that much responsibility. The $22 an hour job would have meant I had to work alongside a bunch of drug addicts and frankly I didn't want to be associated with them.

So I ended up starting out working full time for one of the contractors at $20 dollars an hour (I'm currently up to $25 now). I've learned a lot in the meantime and this fall I'll be applying for my own contractors license. Meanwhile I'm engaged to my gf of 6 years who's a nurse (don't bother asking what tier, I can never remember all the different bullshit titles they have). So yeah because I've been supporting her schooling the last few years I'm 'poor' (0 debt though) but as of a month ago she's started working full time.

>paying her his gfs schooling
>mfw this cuck is working 20/hr to pay for his girlfriend to fuck chads in college
I'm just cuckposting of course. But in all seriousness i don't know how you started landscaping at 13 I'm 18 i've been a lifeguard and i have no fucking idea what's next i see no career opportunities.

>Or we can vote in special laws.

How does it feel to know deep down that you are a net drag on human civilization?

Automation is either a catalyst for communism or a dystopian future in which we are utter slaves of the capitalists or they simply genocide all of us with their robots.

just inact laws where stuff like homes, furniture and other trivial shit can only be built to human so as to give us some meanins post sacrcity. let all the heavy building be done by robots and try get the eaths population to decreese

people shoud stop freaking out about automation

I'm not a net drag, im not a software engineer or programmer or anything

>reduce the economy's productivity
>that way people will have more access the markets productivity

Commie logic.

I just hope the automated factories are in the US

cut down on the trade deficit

robots can't do everything

even robot factories will require some maintenance and power

>destroy jobs
>this will somehow give people more money
Ancap logic

UBI will solve your automation problems.

>mfw this cuck is working 20/hr to pay for his girlfriend to fuck chads in college
kek. She's shy and lived with me the entire time. I was able to get work at 13 because this was back in 2006.

I always recommend learning a skill that's not very glamorous personally. For instance, one of the most successful people from my graduating class got his cdl straight out of high school and works somewhere in the North Slope of Alaska 9 months out of the year. His senior year he showed up to probably half of his classes and when he did show up he was drunk/high (although he had to quit all this to get his job). One of the best fields to look into is sanitation because nobody wants to do it. Last year the contractor I work for threw a bid at the local airport to do basic cleaning. He told me that if we won the bid he'd give me a raise to 30 to be a janitor. Somebody else bid just under him though. They're paying their crew like 20-25

this bong gets it, there will be future fields of human endeavour we don't even realize at this point

people need to play more AoE/Civ etc