Hey Sup Forums I was thinking about starting a Youtube channel on politics...

Hey Sup Forums I was thinking about starting a Youtube channel on politics. Not a vlog or rambling podcast or confrontation videos but rather scripted concise videos on mostly economic issues.

My problem is if I did make it, I would have no where to promote it or ask for feedback. I am completely apolitical with my real friends and family so there is no way I would ask them to check it out. I can't post it on Sup Forums because people will just think I am shilling and I can't go to the shithole of reddit even if I wanted to because of their self promotion rules. Does anybody know how you could start from the bottom up in a situation like this ?

bump

I have a somewhat successful youtube channel. I started at the same place you are.
If you make interesting videos, people will find them eventually. Just remember to tag your content and make sure you are using a decent mic.

This. Same situation here. As long as you make good content, then people won't even care if you're shilling either.

thanks for the advice. I have done a blog before that got little to no traffic but I think that's different as its a lot harder to have search engine results on the first page. for youtube I can choose my video titles carefully and make decent thumbnails and hope I can get some people to check it out.

>inb4 the videos will be shilling market fundamentalism

the videos will 100% be ideologically driven but I am not presenting them that way. Too many people mindlessly thumbs up stuff they agree with and thumbs down stuff with labels they dislike. I am just going to present stuff as is and let the audience make the final value judgements.

The ideology being?

Do it

Just make interesting and high quality content and people will watch your videos eventually.

Make quality content. Also starting retarded "drama" will decrease the worth of your opinion but it will get you views, also just make good content.

ALSO HAVE A GOOD MIC, no one will want to listen to shitty audio ramblings. this means do not use your shitty samsung integrated earphones, go to or something to get tips on what mic to get, i myself like the sm57 or sm58 since they are cheap and durable, but if you want a really high end mic go for an smb7. just dont get a blue yeti. Good luck. also post the y/t channel here

Yeah I have an SM57 and usb audio interface. I was just gonna use my gaming headset but you are right I should take my time and make it as silky smooth as possible.

What audio interface do you have? also, you would need a good quality audio and video editing software. I have heard that reaper is cheap and good but i have no idea when it comes to video editing software. Also, take the time to get a good 1080p camera if you are doing that shit

I got a low end Tascam. I know how to edit audio decently. I have reaper but audacity is actually pretty good if you are not trying to do anything too complicated .I used to attempt to to record my own music but its been a while. Just gonna do a voice over and try to have some decent relevant pictures / illustrations / graphs / etc on screen.

Show your face on video.

>I am completely apolitical with my real friends and family so there is no way I would ask them to check it out. I can't post it on Sup Forums because people will just think I am shilling and I can't go to the shithole of reddit even if I wanted to because of their self promotion rules.
I feel you. I work for a liberal university and would likely not be rehired next year if I were found to be making conservative videos, but I have the equipment and expertise, and I give great lectures. The liberals have suppressed right-wing voices for many years now: "revealing your powerlevel," even in the least, will cost you your job, friends, and sometimes even family.

you think so ? A lot of youtubers get away with not doing it and don't even have quality visuals to replace it with.

It's not even so much retaliation (although thats always a possibility) its just that I enjoy the relationships I do have and if that means people thinking I agree with them so be it. I don't really have any peers IRL in terms of political/historical/economic knowledge so its not even like we could have a effective discussion, someone's feelings will just get hurt.

>I am completely apolitical with my real friends and family so there is no way I would ask them to check it out.
identified your problem tbqh

You could mix both, your face and visuals.

I suppose it depends on how "redpilled" you plan on going?

I've been considering making videos also. The only reason I wouldn't show my face is more out of a fear of embarassment, from other people I know IRL seeing my videos. Then I think this is an irrational fear, and that my life would be more fulfilling if I just pursued things I wanted to without the fear of being judged.

Best of luck.

Have you thought about making videos on other subjects first, just to see if you like doing it?

>Having interests outside of politics

Good god man, what do you take me for?