Tfw social security and pensions will collapse in your lifetime and bankrupt the country

>Tfw social security and pensions will collapse in your lifetime and bankrupt the country

What's the point of working hard if you're not gonna be compensated when you grow old?

>snek flag
>depends on government handouts for retirement

save your own money for yourself nigger, let pensions rot and collapse in hell

thats why im NEET, bro. just signed up for EBT. anyone know the welfare program that gets you a free obamaphone?

WTF are you already planning to depend on te government for your future. Build your own wealth, buy land, and break away as much as you can from the system.

The boomers are the main problem
As more of them retire taxes are gonna spiral upward. Illinois is just the first example of a state going broke because it can't pay off its large amount of pensions

If taxes and cost of living increase than there's less money to save for the future not to mention inflation

so what's your point? everyone knows that. We continue social security and printing money to make everything worse? let it crash for the boomers, maybe politicians will think twice about having social security services in the future, else they see hell raised if they damn try to touch taxes again

>
lifeline program

do you guys even know how taxes work? have you held a job?

I 51 50'd myself for 3 days into a loony bin now I get 2k a month for life no taxes

thanks wagies for paying my rent

Simple, you save you money and invest so that you fund your own retirement with the money you earn from working

good lookin out, homie.

So that you can acquire wealth for your children and build a foundation for their lives as best you can.

If you're not having children you're doing it wrong.

When the time comes, let's stake massive protests to cut welfare entirely and give all welfare money to pensions instead.

Two problems solved.

Because if we cut those services the entire country will collapse into the dark ages as nobody will have incentive to work or maintain a living. It's already happening nowadays with the NEET generation along with the massive amounts of illegals taking advantage of the system. 1/4 adults are on food stamps today and entitlement spending accounts for 63% of the federal budget

I guess maybe it is for the best

why not put them in free homes built and maintained by people who also get to live in the free homes when they get old?

I don't know how to feel about super, like in NZ we get it but we have a small population so can afford to

the states is so massive and varied in income its tough to offer super to the elderly.

in one hand, we should support and help people in the later years of their lives, but at the cost of what?

America could easily pay their super if they got harsher on illegals, tons of money just being thrown away on that.

does america not have self funded retirement? (super)

...and now you lost your right to own a gun. Was it really worth it?

what are you even trying to say other than ad-hominems?

>the entire country will collapse into the dark ages as nobody will have incentive to work or maintain a living
do you actually believe this? you're telling me you can't save your own money by working to maintain a living, you somehow MUST have government compensation when you're old because you're a nigger who can't fund your own private retirement account?

c'mon m8

>It's already happening nowadays with the NEET generation along with the massive amounts of illegals taking advantage of the system. 1/4 adults are on food stamps today and entitlement spending accounts for 63% of the federal budget

yeah, which is a problem that is solved by cutting their gibsmedats down

>mfw treated like an asshole because I say SS shouldn't exist
>mfw all the people who are angry are late 50s, still heavily indebted to their bank/mortgage, and are swimming in credit card debt

Gee idk Dave, why am I so angry? It's not like you have been making great money throughout some of the best economic times the US has ever seen. Not like you've had numerous chances to make something of yourself and yet here you are complaining the new generation is lazy and entitled, yet you deserve your Social Security check every month.

And fuck your "you'll understand it when you're older".

>at the cost of what?
i've worked for 12 years and every time i've gotten paid a % is taken out for social security and medicare (6.2% and 1.45%)... so if i work and pay my taxes my whole life you bet your sweet ass i deserve those benefits when i'm older

yeah we have Roth IRAs and plenty of other retirement private retirement vehicles.

problem are niggers who can't into long-term planning and depend on gibs instead

you're either 15 or a retard

/thread

those taxes are paid to the boomers, not for you. The government doesn't have open a retirement account on your behalf, it's better to save for your own private retirement

>ad-hominem

not an argument kid

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SAVE IT YOURSELF. SOCIAL SECURITY IS MANDATORY BECAUSE OF THE COMMUNIST BASTARD FDR

The American middle class is shrinking due to outsourcing of automation. The median income barely increased since 2000 and almost half the country has little to no savings or retirement fund
Only 15% of Millenials have more than 10k in their savings

*or automation

>you're not allowed to fund for your own private retirement

I'm not denying that social security is mandatory, but it should be repealed. People should save their own money, not be forced to pay for grandpa jamal. This is why you fund your own shit

>muh automation
wew

>paid to the boomers, not for you
i should pay taxes my whole life and not receive the same benefits when i'm at Boomer age... wew lad we're lucky you're not in charge

Your children ahould take care of you.

>wew lad we're lucky you're not in charge

lmfao, I don't need to be in charge, this is the reality you're living right now. The government doesn't open a retirement account on your behalf, you're the faggot blindly paying taxes thinking it goes for you and not jamal in his twilight years.

do you not have any understanding of how the social security system actually works? m8, you're the one underage here if you think the gov raises taxes for you and not their gibsmedat gangs. Take one second to think how niggers still get their retirement money they nowhere near worked for, that's YOUR money

>he thinks social security is guaranteed
Wew

Say fuck it and use 10% to 15% of your income to invest in stocks and hedge funds.

Or you could work that money and get something tangible.

i don't understand why these ponzi schemes exist in the first place

just delete all that shit and make it so if you want to have money when your older you need to save up like any non retard would do

this ponzi kick the bucket down the road infinite growth or the system collapses meme needs to end

My ultimate goal is to keep working my /comfyasfuck/ but low wage job and supplement my income with stocks n shit. I know I'll get fugged on taxes but meh.

super contributions are mandatory in aus specifically to catch retards that would have blown all their savings and leeched off the government

still have a gun

>Something tangible
>Financially secured when 70
Pick one

yeah, those returns on investment property sure are garbage

Our super is going to dry up just the same.
Too many immigrants bringing in their ageing families, boomers retiring.
Not to mention our retirement age is too low, and people are living way longer than they used too on the pension.

>Implying dingo fuckers matter

well i guess i'll find out in 25 years