Reminder that the UK was once fiscally conservative

What happened? Why is Britain now a debt ridden shithole?

Other urls found in this thread:

tradingeconomics.com/new-zealand/government-budget
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jews sage

Because they think they can do it on their own, without EVROPA.

they are not ready to cut properly

You're really a failed nation if your country makes deficit for so many decades

why are they all holding these cases?
is the whole of wealth in england fitting in one piece of luggage?

The 2008 financial crisis lines up with the huge jolt. Countries tried to recover from the crash by replacing the old bubble with a new bubble. Doing so requires a shit ton of borrowing money into existence to pump into the economy. Obviously this can only lead to more problems down the road.

It is the chancellor's nuclear suitcase. In the UK it is the chancellor who authorizes a nuclear strike.

lab went straight into deficit from 2002 which was before the GFC

The welfare state.
Stop blaming jews for your hunger for gibs. 50% of Sup Forums probably lives on the dole.

We had no real problems with the 08 crisis
Why are germans only good with money gid damn

Notice the huge jump in 2008 and 09 though. Plus, 2002 was during the dot com bubble crash.

>We had no real problems with the 08 crisis
the Euro is very undervalued so you can compete better for exporting

not really an excuse when NZ was going through solid surpluses during the 00s

tradingeconomics.com/new-zealand/government-budget

The Labour Party.

The reason Germany probably was not as damaged was because Britain primarily relied on it's financial sector while Germany is more industrial. Not to say that industry was not affected, but obviously the country that puts all its eggs in the finance basket is gonna get raped when the stock market crashes globally.

I'm not really excusing anything. The deficit is shit. I'm just making an observation.

i'm saying that it is labour fucking the budget while you say it is dotcom bubble crash

Oh yes, and the Second Gulf War probably played a part too.

public sector deficit is private sector surplus.

Look, I agree that Labour fucked the budget, but you also have to look at other potential factors that may have had an influence as well. No one factor lead to the deficit.

>begun closing most manufactures and steel works and factories
>don't invest in tech training or better infrastructure or anything just get a call centre job you brit fuck
>economy goes to shit because everyone is working a mediocre call centre jobs or just doesn't have a job

Hurr durrr why are we poor, must be the welfare state not the fact that there are barely any jobs and a feeling of hopelessness outside of the cities

That makes actually sense ja i guess that was the reason

you should have found something that your country was good at by now in the world of Free Trade

>elect (((Labour)))
>give all your money to niggers
>flood country with 4,000,000 people with the IQ of a turnip
>send 50% of people to University even if they're retards
>sell gold reserves at lowest ever price
>Blame the tories

Something like this

What is immigration?
>left leaning voters

Britain sold off all it's national assets in the 1980's-90's to private companies because of "muh conservatism" and to get a little splash cash and backhanders.

Fast forward to the mid 2000's and people realize all the income they would get from these services no longer exists, the private companies are running them into the ground and not the government is being roped in to pay the bills.

Never privatize public services. If anyone in your government tried to sell off public services, they are a jew and should be removed.

you do realize you are supposed to sell assets to cut down your debt

>muh conservatism
>1980s-1990s
>implying Labour wasn't doing the exact same shit for the THIRTEEN years that they were in power between 1997 and 2010
>muh Thatcherism boogeyman

Buffoon.

>muh privatisation
fuck off you student mongoloid

Because every time labor takes power they create this debt. Fuck commies and fuck their stupid leftist progressive diversity shit that brought their country to a halt. I am not affiliated and I am fucking pissed.

Allegedly it contains the country's financial secrets. For all we know it contains a cheese and marmite sandwich and a copy of Razzle.

That's New Labour for you.

The Blair Government basically tried to keep itself in power (apart from opening the borders to millions of immigrants) by spending the UK into deficit to create a class of Public Sector workers who did non-jobs in the bureaucracy and would be indebted to vote Labour at every election.

One of the few good things the Tories have done in Government is put the axe to Government jobs and this flagrant vote buying.

lab got unemployment down to 3% here by doing the exact same thing

Labour.

Razzle?! Hah, fuck me that takes me back mate.

It's the same Ministerial Red box that has been used since the 1860s.

PFI contracts

Our governments did it to hide debt. A new hospital could be built and not appear on the balance sheet by something they call PFI. Only drawback, the company that built the hospital owns it for the next 30 years and the gov has to rent its use. Ends up costing way more.
Ultimately, the NHS and pensioner benefits are unsustainable. But no party will ever admit as much as they are sure to lose the election. It will all collapse eventually.