Americans WILL defend this!

Americans WILL defend this!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antelope_Island_bison_herd#Genetics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it seemed like a good idea at the time

gotta eat sumthin

>Many thousands have been ruthlessly and shamefully slain every season for past twenty years or more by white hunters and tourists merely for their robes, and in sheer wanton sport, and their huge carcasses left to fester and rot, and their bleached skeletons to strew the deserts and lonely plains.

That's so cool. Just in time for the fourth too

it happens.
but i am pretty sure it was the jews behind the industry

>but i am pretty sure it was the jews behind the industry

No, thats your paranoid delusion talking.

Manifest destiny is an American concept.

So, they shamefully killed them for sport, then went back to collect the heads and bring them to a centralized collection area to stack them up in a pile to take a photograph that someone could use to troll an Asian image board 100+ years later?

Looks like a stockyard of a slaughter house to me.

That'll teach the Indians not to be nomadic. :^)

they were coming right for us.

Shut up bitch

>An estimated 20 to 30 million bison once dominated the North American landscape from the Appalachians to the Rockies, from the Gulf Coast to Alaska. Habitat loss and unregulated shooting reduced the population to just 1,091 by 1889.

Greed is universal.

reddit spacing

>you will never be etched for eternity standing on a mountain of 50,000 skulls

why live

>the Native American used every part of the buffalo

Better check your history. The vast majority of hide kills were done by the indians who then sold them to the whites. The largest single day kill in 1870 was by the Cheyanne tribe with 30,000 killed for their hides. The metis had an entire lifestyle built around hide hunting and they traveled all over western north america killing. They did that for years.

skulls for the skull throne

>nu/pol/ will deny this

Wasn't that caused by a disease?

Well those skulls got the horns so they're probably jew skulls.

Capitalism at it's finest

>implying they wouldn't sell each other out

Tasted good Eurofag

these weren't killed for food, nor for sport. the image you see in OP's post is involving price control. the cattle farmers began to get too many head of cattle for the demand the market could bear. this would have sent the price of beef into a massive freefall (practically free beef). while that sounds good to the average consumers, it would have destroyed the cattle industry since none of the cattle ranchers would have been able to turn profits (and thus pay for food, land, and employees).

thus hundreds of thousands of head of cattle were uselessly slaughtered and ranchers were given arbitrary limits in order to avoid this happening too often.

american government farming programs have always been screwed up.

So that's how they got their slow smoking beef grill skills, now I know!

the pic in is more fitting than you'd expect.

All things must pass.
Nothing lasts forever.
Including you.

America is untouchable when it comes to conservation. No one else comes close. We went from obscene Buffolo hunts like your picture where we drove the animal to the brink of extinction to now being able to buy buffalo steaks at your local grocery store, having many buffalo farms and most importantly many wild herds.

We have saved almost ALL of our post pleistecene mega fauna from extinction.

All of this while having gigantic pieces of wild land owned by the people of America where we can hike, camp, fish, hunt, etc. whenever we want.

Again, nowhere on the planet Earth is as good at conservation, nor as proud as a nation of conservation, as the United States of America.

Support the Backwoods Hunters and Anglers as well as the Teddy Roosevelt Conservation Partnership.

This stuff gives me the chills to be honest, it is truly amazing what we did as a nation after realizing destroying our natural world wasn't going well. There is a reason we carved Teddy Roosevelt face in a gigantic rock next to Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln.

Oh and Canada are pretty cool dudes when it come to conservation as well, they just didn't have QUITE as much to deal with when it came to restoring things (because not as much was destroyed). Their buffalo situation was pretty bad at one point though.

Oh and another thing, read Steve Rinella's book "American Buffalo".

google "head smashed in".
It is an ancient native American sight where the natives killed thousands of buffaloes.

native americans themselves would have driven buffalo to extinction once they had horses and rifles.

are we still believing natives were forest elves super in touch with nature?

Just Google "buffalo jump". There are many more besides Head Smashed In.

Wooow, such evidence

>AMERICA SUCKS BECAUSE [things that happened hundreds of years ago before color photography even existed}
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

When your enemies' only argument is what you did and not what you're doing, you're doing pretty good.

He real reason was to starve out the plains Indian tribes. Especially the commanche, their lives revolved around the buffalo and they we're too hard to kill in a conventional war at the time. So.. We went for the soft target and starved them out while boosting a young economy. Oh.. The skeletons were piled up to be used later as fertilizer.

Lions used to exist in north america too but indians killed all of them.

No....we wont

Nah, we can't exactly make up for what we've done though we're doing a pretty good job today. At the moment there are only four bison herds in the US that are pure bison, arent mixed with cattle genetics, and of those only two don't have old world bovine diseases. The bison raised for slaughter pretty much all have cattle genetics to some degree, the vast majority have it mixed in intentionally.

I think we used to have predators too, but abbos killed them. Then the kangaroos destroyed the environment. This is why Australia is a desert. It would have been a green land without abbos.

Those are regular beef cattle you idiots. There were too many of them so they had to slaughter a bunch so the price wouldn't crash. It is exactly like paying farmers not to farm to control prices

>population of millions of natives keep buffalo in check
>a wild smallpox appeared!
>indians decimated, whole areas depopulated rapidly
>buffalo population blooms to unsustainable numbers from already mega-sized herds
>white men encounter and shoot more buffalo than you shoot in Oregon Trail
And we still have buffalo today, didn't even wipe 'em out

Piles of buffalo skulls like that is the reason the US is the breadbasket of the world. Those wild animals roamed across the Great Plains which are now covered with corn fields, wheat fields, and cattle ranches. That corn, wheat, and beef kept your country alive through two world wars and kept all of Europe alive 1946-47.
The buffalo is not even extinct, they are raised commercially now. In fact I had a buffalo burger just a couple of weeks ago. What exactly is your problem?

Buffalo were seriously endangered for a good while and I'm as imperialist as Americans go (hell, my favorite president is Polk), but it's a laugh if you think we didn't kill off buffalo to starve out the natives on top of pelt collection.

It's also a laugh that you think the bloom encountered by the early Americans was a normal occurrence for this continent.

How's their meat compared to domestc cows?

And now they farm them for Hamburger. You can't get more American that.
At least when I eat Roo steak its wild shot.

tragedy of the commons

Anyway the buffalo population has made a nice comeback, thanks to the EPA and other environmental organizations.

In the dawn there is a man progressing over the plain by means of holes which he is making in the ground. He uses an implement with two handles and he chucks it into the hole and he enkindles the stone in the hole with his steel hole by hole striking the fire out of the rock which God has put there. On the plain behind him are the wanderers in search of bones and those who do not search and they move haltingly in the light like mechanisms whose movements are monitored with escapement and pallet so that they appear restrained by a prudence or reflectiveness which has no inner reality and they cross in their progress one by one that track of holes that runs to the rim of the visible ground and which seems less the pursuit of some continuance than the verification of a principle, a validation of sequence and causality as if each round and perfect hole owed its existence to the one before it there on that prairie upon which are the bones and the gatherers of bones and those who do not gather. He strikes fire in the hole and draws out his steel. Then they all move on again.

>wild shot

First of all, what difference does it even make whether it was domesticated or wild when it died.

What is it with people that disagree with me that make them unable to make coherent, intelligent arguments. Why is there so many retarded autists in this world. At least they 're vocal and they disagree with me, that's reassuring.

A lot leaner and a little "beefier" tasting if that makes sense, otherwise very similar to beef. It's lower in calories with more protein per gram than beef. Definitely not gamey tasting like venison or lamb.

I really, REALLY want to sit on top of a mountain of skulls right now

this, same thing for passenger pigeons
the Wild West was post-apocalyptic.

the remaining buffalo aren't even genetically pure. they've undergone hybridization with domestic cattle.

allegedly, the purest bison herd is on antelope island in the great salt lake.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antelope_Island_bison_herd#Genetics

It's a valid, non autistic argument that wild animals harvested for food will remain wild in their genetic and behavioral make up.
Interbreeding with domestic animals, or selecting from a once wild population for domestic behaviors will result in a hybrid species.
See Canis Lupus vs Canis Familiaris.
Or closer to the topic, Bos Taurus vs Bos Primigenius.

Not that I was replying to you in any way, but if it makes your pathetic existence slightly less wearisome, have a (you).

See my post:
I'm well aware.
I never said the boom was normal, but they were still killed down to being seriously endangered as a species regardless of the quantity at the commencement of the culling.

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

Pray to Crom. He may take pity upon you.

If the theories about virgin field viruses taking out millions of native Americans just prior to the English landings are true, then the Wild West was probably 200 years post apocalyptic.

They are mixed with bovine genetics and aren't pure bison. Sure, they're tasty as fuck, but we can't kid ourselves saying it's pure bison when ecologically that's what's important. It's a different case for you Aussies since the old world didn't have large marsupials to breed with roos.

>but they were still killed down to being seriously endangered as a species
Didn't suggest otherwise, famalama.

t. has never had bison

Ah, well, just saying then, I suppose. Carry on, user.

You want your steak, don't you?

well, to make an omelette you have to break some eggs, and the world thirsts for meat.

Just goes to show that America was always a kike nation.

Let me simplify my previous argument, since it seems it was too intellectually demanding for you:

And?

All predators of man shall be destroyed. Including liberals.

We should have done this with the Natives instead. No Buffalo ever savagely murdered a white man

Starvation is an effective counterinsurgency tactic.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You are further proof that Day of the Rake is needed to clean the genes of America's Hat.

Delicious, but expensive.

I'm sure one did, somewhere, at some point.
>be bored settler
>hanging with jebbidiah, want to look cool
>start fucking around with buffalo for a laugh
>it fucking headbutts you
>lose consciousness as you cough up blood from your punctured lungs

Dodging questions like you're in the Matrix.

Why? That was pretty shitty and iresponsable. Not going to defend it, but it's done. The bison are slowly recovering. Lesson learned. Now stop lecturing me dad, you can't tell me what to do anymore.

>No Buffalo ever savagely murdered a white man
Buffalos were pretty dangerous creatures famalam.

>white people love animals
>nearly exterminate the bison
>endanger plenty other animals
WE DINDU NUFFIN! Whites are such non violent and good people.

Those bones will help add calcium to the earth to grow veggies!!!!!

Ps. We live on a planet that every living animal, fish, bird, creature, bug, microbe eating life to live. Death = life

>tebbit spacing

Not an argument. Besides, Americans earned their way to kill whatever the fuck they wanted. You're just that ssd cunt who can only moan.

and i give a shit because why vegan?

What did Indians do with buffalo skulls?

White Tribe > Red Tribe

You should not have skipped biology class in high school

The only thing wrong with that picture is that they're not kike and nigger skulls.

BLOOD TO THE BLOOD GOD!

Cant be the breadbasket of the world if you have a gorillion Buffalo destroying the crop.

thats shit is literally nigger tier

>muh indians used every part of the animal
>muh white people were evil and wasteful

All those skulls were piled up to be ground into fertilizer. We were better than the natives at using every part of the animal on an industrial scale.

Are those cow skulls?
Triggered 2bh.

-I need 10000000 burgers stat!
-Why are we expecting an american family?

How's that wolf population doing there?

Ya that worked well
With out doing that we could not have tamed the west and had more access to God and Oil resources

don't forget to sage when replying to shit post

people in an age of luxury and comfort judging people from a harder age of scarcity when survival was hard

We have it easy.

That honestly looks like it would be kinda tasty.

It was Generals Sherman & Dodge's way to eliminate the Western Plains Indians.

Sherman’s overall policy was never accommodation and compromise, but vigorous war against the Indians,” whom he regarded as “a less-than-human and savage race.”

“Sherman viewed Indians as he viewed Southerners". During the Civil War, Sherman practiced a total war of destruction of property used to feed women & children … Now the army, in its Indian warfare, wiped out entire villages.”

Sherman ordered his men when encountering Indians, “to act with all the vigor he had shown in the Shenandoah Valley during the final months of the Civil War.”, where they burned and plundered the Valley when only women, children, and elderly remained there.

Sherman insisted that the only answer to the Indian problem was all-out war — of the kind he had utilized against Southern civilians.

Sherman's compulsion was extermination. In a letter to his wife early in the war, he declared that his ultimate purpose was “extermination of the people of the South, till not one habitation is left standing."

Sherman considered Indians to be subhuman and racially inferior to whites and therefore deserving of extermination.

Sherman conducted more than one thousand attacks on Indian villages, mostly in the winter months, when families were together.

Sherman gave the same orders he gave in Georgia, to kill everyone and everything, including dogs, and to burn everything that would burn so as to increase the likelihood that any survivors would starve or freeze to death.

Sherman married his sister.

>I never said the boom was normal

Boom and bust are perfectly natural, your assumption that nature is an accountant who is always balancing the books rather than just a chaotic system of organisms trying to fuck

Mulan is the only Disney princess to kill somebody on screen.
think about that.

This was following an ENORMOUS population explosion of the buffalo.

"Humanity is a virus" prols never explain the context.

No, this was an attempt to deprive natives of their food source- Following this, the buffalo nearly went extinct and would've if a man breed the survivors with normal cattle and then selectively bred those hybrids to ensure buffalo features.

Bone meal. Used as fertilizer, because it contains phosphate. Why do you think someone took the time to stack them all up like that?

Not a waste of resources, just an example of market effiency.

Where do you find men like this?