There are people not choosing STEM major in college and chose to do some 'humanities' or 'social science' major to...

>there are people not choosing STEM major in college and chose to do some 'humanities' or 'social science' major to suffer from SJWism and much lower probability of getting any job

Other urls found in this thread:

datausa.io/profile/cip/1410/#grads_ethnicity_gender
steamedu.com/
blog.ladder.io/marketing-certifications/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not everyone is an amerilard.

Great thread, faggot.

Isn't STEM about to become one of those meme brackets that absolutely oversaturates its respective labour market?

Majored in a social science, working as an engineer. Cheers.

haha no
we have so many tech jobs in my area that we have to resort to importing poos and chinks that barely speak english just to fill the open positions

meanwhile, humanities grads have to work as clerks and cashiers in stores

Engineering is starting to get saturated. I've seen the starting pay for those jobs go down. Not to mention a lot of companies in my area are starting to hire technicians(still working under a few engineers) over engineers.

Not all STEM. I'm unemployed with a bachelor's in chemistry. I should have done an easier major with more social networking instead of this useless degree.

>going to college
fuck off hippie

same 2bh

I have a physics degree and I wish I studied literature

It's over-saturated because they import shitskins with h1b visas and pay them peanuts.

I'm an EE student. Don't fuck with me

EE is like the whitest thing ever...don't need to worry

wtf im white now

Might as well be: datausa.io/profile/cip/1410/#grads_ethnicity_gender

STEM has been ruined by the H1B program.

I have a masters in Electrical engineering from the university of California.

>be me advanced degree STEM masterrace
>take second job as food server cause only make living wage.
>meet girl I like there
>she has a boyfriend
>she talks about him being a great provider . He collects tips at a fancy restaurant
> realize he makes as much as I do programming robot to measure signal integrity.
> my supposed advantage over him as a richfag is btfo.

Tfw went to school for 7 years and took out $35,000 in loans to get owned by a waiter .

>Engineering is starting to get saturated

By the H1B program. If those millions of Indians and chinks hadn't been imported we'd make as much as doctors.

>Study STEM, there's guaranteed to be a gray little cubicle with your name on it.

>Journalism major in college
>Studied webdev on my own
>Did important marketing certs on my own
>Got tons of internships in college and in every one of them I threw my heart and soul into
>Now make six figures in marketing

STEM is only part of the equation. You gotta have a good attitude, good networking skills, a drive to better yourself, and a drive to constantly learn new skills.

college is not job training

Yeah. At a certain point, I feel like travelling the world on volunteer missions to wait for American UBI instead of starting over.

This user speaks the truth.

if you're going to do liberal arts, you better do another professional schooling after.. like law

STEM is saturated, too many people, too many indians
Choose trade school, a experienced underwater welder can make up to 80k a year, huge machinery operator makes sweet money too, it's manly jobs full of right wing people, you won't find faggy lefties like you will in STEM

>not becoming a doctor
>not making a ton of money doing rewarding work while also getting bitches as one of society's most respected professions
Yeesh

>t. UC Riverside

That's all I ever wanted but that's too much to expect these days

The biggest fear here is the industry becoming like pharmacy. I'm done with risks for now, too jaded.

>Shitting on humanities
It's like you don't even respect Jordan Peterson

It really doesn't matter, though. All jobs will be gone within 20 years due to automation/AI.

>mfw EE about to graduate and turning down job offers

with an engi degree here, you have to be retarded to not get a job, even if you can't find one within ur specialization they're always hiring code monkeys

>there are people who don't understand the IQ bell curve means that not everyone has the mental capacity to major in a STEM subject and those that can still risk being overlooked in favor of a Chinese or Indian (out of the 2.5 billion to choose from) who is not only objectively more intelligent but paid much less for their STEM degree and is more than willing to work harder for less money

STEM is a meme and telling average people to go $20 in debt to get engineering degrees or become programmers is a giant fucking mistake

see
Outsourcing, AI, and automation make long-term job prospects dim. None of these jobs last.

>not going to college
Fuck off poorfag

Tech jobs grow faster than they are filled actually

yeah about the time fusion is viable as well...
anyways STEM jobs will still be the last ones to go

just enough time for you to earn up a fortune before apocalypse.

>marketing certs
like what?

>study gender studies
>get paid less than STEM
>muh wage gap

In Sweden the biggest market in IT is in software development. Probably 60-70% of all job ads in that field is for programmers.

I think a degree in Transgender social media marketing with a minor in bull-dyke scissoring is the way to go.

S M H that STEM is literally a meme now.

you idiot, it's STEAM now.

steamedu.com/

How would STEM help me with a criminal justice degree? I want to be a under over DEA agent. I'm too ugly for the FBI. Yes. That's a thing.

Can anyone learn programming even if they suck at math?

Also, how to get better at math

>So low IQ can't learn anything without (((them))) teaching you.

>(((Education)))
>(((School)))

Keep sucking (((cock))) good goy cog, your destruction is sealed.

I'm too brainlet for stem

There are people paying money and going into debt to become permanently overqualified for the only jobs that cant be outsourced to india

>resort to
Its not 'resort to', its they are willing to work cheaper, and also provide diversity points.

you get good @ programming by practicing, get a good C book and start doing the book exercises (in your pc ofc). After that just check some CS uni programs and follow the same path as they do.

>muh STEM
t. reddit

I have a BS in biology. After I graduated, I didn't know what to do. So, I enrolled at a different college to study medical lab science. Now, I'm about to graduate in August as a med lab tech and I have a job lined up at a hospital that will start me off at $24/hr. With both of my degrees, I could apply to a physician assistant program.
I might just do that, but maybe 2 years from now.

this goy is right, people get (((higher education))) for connections, not knowledge
you can find any of that on the internet nowadays

Is Medschool STEM?

Good question. It depends on what field you're going into. I'm what's called a full stack marketer. That means I can do the creative, business and technical side of marketing.

A couple I'd recommend if you're looking to get in the game are:

>Google AdWords
>Google Analytics IQ (VERY important)
>Hubspot Inbound
>Facebook Blueprint
>Infinite Excel Skills
>Webdev (I did the udemy boot camp, it cost me $10)
>SalesForce Trailheads (you have NO IDEA how many major corporations have no idea how to run their own SalesForce)
>Some kind of SEO cert as well

Big bucks tier:
>AWS high level certification of some kind

Many of these are free, and are extremely useful in marketing. Good luck bro!

Good luck becoming a mathematician/physicist/engineering/anything noteworthy in life without a degree.

>inb4 muh trades

Yeah yeah yeah, enjoy breathing in insulation for 40 years and getting capped at $25/hour

Thank you for your reply! I'll give a look to all this stuff.

i'm a high school dropout with 1 semester of college algebra. $60k/y salary at my day job for a structural engineering firm, and $5-20k extra each year from contract programming work at $36/h.

guess i have good luck, or somebody is looking out for me.

If I'm honest 60k for any engineering job is a pretty low number, why is that?

No problem bro. I did many of these when I came home from work in college. If you want to really focus your time, and only do a few major ones, there are the ones I think are most valuable:

>Google Analytics IQ
>Hubspot Inbound
>SEO of some kind (there are many of these)

If you want to see why: blog.ladder.io/marketing-certifications/

These are really not that hard. They don't require tons of math, but you should be taking notes during your courses. I bought a notebook one summer and completely filled it while grinding certs

Oh, and don't be afraid to start networking now. Do some certs and reach out to local business, offering to do marketing for them for minimum wage. It's a good way to build experience

>muh college
>muh everyone must be a sciantist
learn a trade and get a fucking job you hippie

>produce the greatest mathematicians and philosophers of all time
>tell people it's a meme

fucking Greece, pay denbts

Don't be discouraged, we all start somewhere. I started math classes in Algebra 2 in community college 4 years ago, I have now finished the whole math tree (up to calc 3, ode, linear) and physics tree. Transferring to a uni this fall

who are you quoting?

you're not being completely honest. $60k is median pay for professional structural engineers.

i'm not even an engineer. :^)

No, its also a valid pursuit, unlike STEMfags. You cant learn how to operate on wikipedia.

Oh, so structural engineer is just another example of misused nomenclature then

so what, you're gonna do 8 years + of ((college)) after 15 years (might be less in merica) of pre/middle/high school for an undergrads...
Time well spent user.
>time well spent...

no, it isn't. reread my original post.

>Yeah yeah yeah, enjoy breathing in insulation for 40 years and getting capped at $25/hour
People with trades Have a higher percentage of self unemployment than most college graduates. plumbing companies in major cities often pull in more than a million dollars a year. As a small business. Hell you can become a chief from trade school. Sought-after executive chefs can easily make over $100,000 per year.

Cool image and all, but why work a fucking horrid demeaning labourous job for a *chance* at doing just -okay- when you could just study engineering and be guaranteed the same benefits with much greater growth potential?

Because you can become your own boss though trades Self employment makes you a self made man that don't have ton answer to anyone but a tax collector. Plus giving your money to colleges will help Marxist professors.

I only took long because I was a shitty student. I like to think I improved over time. Besides, my fees were waived the whole time, and most books I found online pdfs. I rarely spent a dime at community college.

still, should gone trades - any prospective employer will take one look at your cv and laugh. Not to late senpai, join marines and do a trade or just go straight trades.

>join marines
If he a poor student who went to school for 8 years. He probably too old to enlist in the marines.

I'm a civil engineer who graduated in 2013 and have been unemployed since. what is your point OP?

>Civil

Well there you go lad. Civil Mechanical and Aero are all dying.

>(((stem)))

I'm in engineering right now but I don't feel like I have the IQ for it. It saddens me but maybe I'll scrape by with lots of hard work.

This, major issue with there not being enough jobs for stem positions, kind of like a rate of change increases the rate of change type of situation, leading to a deficit

Trades is killing my body

Framer

What about Classics or philosophy? Surely these are not useless.

civil engineers are employed in every city in the united states to prepare plans for building sites, roads, highways, and interstates, bridges, retaining walls, reservoirs, levees, dams, retention ponds, etc.

if you really believe that a person can go to school for 4-8 years to get an engineering degree and get a promising job with unlimited potential, then you are completely out of touch with how most of the united states small businesses operate.

not only do professional engineers have to spend at least 4 years as interns before they can even test to become professional engineers--and a VERY large percentage of those interns fail their PE licensing tests--many get stuck in cubicle-grade jobs checking calculations for minor parts of larger jobs, and aren't actually doing anything more than behaving like trained technicians who operate analysis software specifically designed to make their monotonous assembly-line-type jobs even more monotonous and unrewarding.

STEM is middle class tier. It's a good career for anyone with IQs between 110 and 135.

Smarter people should do politics (sales, management, marketing) 100% of the time.

>if you really believe that a person can go to school for 4-8 years to get an engineering degree and get a promising job with unlimited potential
to clarify, i meant "be guaranteed a promising job with unlimited potential".

Can't get enough of these brainlets convincing themselves that STEM is intellectually on par or even fucking superior to the humanities.

>Be me
>Major in English
>Get hired because I knew the CEO

hahaha degrees are pointless unless you have connections.

Sell your services on the deep web. There mite tree stump removal, etc.

I just want to get out of construction. I'm surrounded by criminals and foreigners

I was too dumb for STEM so I went into business.

Fuck you, I blame the Jews.

My girlfriend majored in classics and did quite well for herself. She got a full ride for PhD at NYU and is now teaching in Minnesota

the problem is the modern university student only thinks about a degree in dollar signs. universities were never supposed to be "degree x nets you job y." sometimes studying classics, philosophy, and literature is just about cultivating knowledge. but neck beards in STEM think life revolves around getting a high paying job. modern psychology has already debunked the idea that high salary = happiness.

80k is poorfag tier in the Bay area. Takes at least 180k a year to buy a house in a White area near jobs

Chemistry and chemical engineering here. Oil market crashed right before graduation and now I'm going back to school

Prohint:
She fucks one of her black students after class

gives new meaning to "full ride"

This is why people shit on us STEM-fags. Stop being so autistic and try to appreciate the value contributions in arts, philosophy and literature have made to society. Just because it got infiltrated and kiked up it doesn't mean those fields are inheritely bad. We would be nowhere without our culture. Hell even the führer was an artist.

t. Math and comp sci fag

Kek
His gf loves the BBC

I should, though, add this: She spent 9 years in school with a 4.0 her entire time doing aSHITLOAD of extracurriculars and makes less than I do when I majored in Computer Eng. and just twiddled my dick around for 4 years and I started off making 96k in Redmond

So moneywise, yes, classics is pretty useless

Also engineering is getting reemed with SJW and leftist shit, at least tech is. Lefty managers just pawning all the work to fucking white males isn't exactly a fulfilling career

Correct. I am a STEM man through and through (my first toy was a calculator, now currently a Mathematician). Drives me insane listening to people whine about ``muh bank account'' while not taking in culture, nature, family, etc that make life meaningful.

Read fucking books, stop listening to degenerate soulless music. If you can't appreciate classical at least listen to something with more complexity than fucking top 40 pop music. Watch non-degenerate movies, learn a second/third/fourth language, study philosophy, take a serious interest in sports, go on hikes, hunt, etc. /Rant

This right here is why I trashed my Electrical Engineering hopes I had right out of high school and eventually went into I.T.

It simply isn't worth it, really. You have to work your ass off royally to even get a decent paying engineering job, then the rest of your life you can double check some asshole's work while you get fat in your cubicle.

I.T. is so much better. I was getting paid 54k in my last job in a very low cost of living city in the midwest, which lets me go on vacation all the time, invest in cryptos, have a nice apartment, and go out every weekend. The barriers to entry for I.T. jobs are so much lower, you don't even necessarily need a college degree. Right now I've been taking the last 4 months off totally, because I fucking feel like it. Try it sometime, it's so fucking nice. Even now, I still have recruiters calling me up every other day with new job offers. Am interested in this one DevOps position that looks pretty damn sweet and future-proofed.

TL;DR, fuck engineering and science, learn Linux and Networking.