The oldest and first Church! The Orthodox Church! Report in, lads! Questions welcome

The oldest and first Church! The Orthodox Church! Report in, lads! Questions welcome.

Orthodox hymns

Aramaic: youtube.com/watch?v=9nJP-4JzMhQ
Greek: youtube.com/watch?v=AE1FzSC8DBs
Spanish: youtube.com/watch?v=xc91xrGtaKo
Serbian: youtube.com/watch?v=DUCF4ZXpIuU
Bulgarian: youtube.com/watch?v=3wm4RlnnaOU
French: youtube.com/watch?v=GI92g8JWwn8
Arabic: youtube.com/watch?v=Y8r5r4R2yuE
English: youtube.com/watch?v=LUjtgV6OPBM
German: youtube.com/watch?v=2bYq1BqHURs
Chinese: youtube.com/watch?v=PS1uf0oQCg4
Russian: youtube.com/watch?v=hQAgrCuKwPc
Romanian: youtube.com/watch?v=M-rgQve74BI

Other urls found in this thread:

journeytoorthodoxy.com/2010/10/why-orthodox-men-love-church
youtube.com/watch?v=fHZtbnaXuGk
youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo
youtube.com/watch?v=mhalXTQUiUs
youtube.com/watch?v=1lTc4ckAS6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=bewCMAjypqk
youtube.com/watch?v=NKnR9LqvYqk
youtube.com/watch?v=VCnTqnxUNEE
youtube.com/watch?v=_MkA1UeHi_4
youtube.com/watch?v=OdKYGnVVRJE
youtube.com/watch?v=GLTlqaFZhpM
youtube.com/watch?v=Pnc2QVdSyq8
youtube.com/watch?v=6AtwPxD2ydk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you want to go to church, but don't have one in your area, email Ancient Faith Ministries.

Why men are loving the Orthodox Church:
>I emailed a hundred Orthodox men, most of whom joined the Church as adults. What do they think makes this church particularly attractive to men? Their responses, below, may spark some ideas for leaders in other churches, who are looking for ways to keep guys in the church.

journeytoorthodoxy.com/2010/10/why-orthodox-men-love-church

Orthodox and Catholic compared youtube.com/watch?v=fHZtbnaXuGk

youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo

Ten differences between Orthodox and Catholicism.

1. Orthodox reject inheritability of sin. Death and suffering are human nature, we only don't suffer them when partaking in perfect synergism with God's energies, which we haven't since the fall.

2. The Orthodox reject the "satisfaction theory of atonement". The Orthodox subscribe to "Christus Victor" (the idea of atonement illustrated in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe).

3. Hell in Orthodoxy is not separation from God. Hell, like heaven, is experiencing the full radiance of God's light and presence, but with a negative relationship so that it is like fire.

4. The Orthodox reject the idea that our understanding of dogma develops. The idea is to keep the exact same understanding the Apostles have, invented terminology is not meant to develop the understanding, but to PROTECT it from being "developed".

5. Catholics define usury as excessive interest, Orthodox define usury as any interest.

6. The Orthodox reject the Catholic idea of supererogation.

7. The Orthodox reject Purgatory. The Orthodox do, however, distinguish Sheol (called "Hades" in Greek) from Gehenna.

8. Orthodoxy places enormous emphasis on fasting, in fact more than half the days of the year involve some sort of fast. And there are even some days which are total fasts, no intake, period. Two consistent fast days (almost every Wednesday and Friday, no meat, dairy, eggs, fish, oils or wine) trace back at least to the Didache.

9. Orthodox draw most of their priests from the married laity, but most of their bishops from monks.

10. Infants can and do receive Holy Communion.

This is also nice:
youtube.com/watch?v=mhalXTQUiUs

Oh, yes, it's beautiful

>Divna Ljubojevic
She's the pride of Serbia,such a beutifull voice.
youtube.com/watch?v=1lTc4ckAS6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=bewCMAjypqk
youtube.com/watch?v=NKnR9LqvYqk

>Sheol
>Gehenna

elaborate

>tfw greek orthodox but haven't been able to speak greek at any capacity since primary school
dunno what the priest even says during easter service lol

learn famalam, never been easier to learn a language

Yup

Sheol is a desolate void, similar to Hades (which is why it is translated as that in Greek) . Before Christ died, it was where even the virtuous went. Gehenna on the other hand is an intense, fiery state of torment

I would love to be a based orthodox christian, but unfortunally, marxism fucked me up good and Im now a shitty atheist :(

>Gehenna on the other hand is an intense, fiery state of torment
So if im taking this and
>3. Hell in Orthodoxy is not separation from God. Hell, like heaven, is experiencing the full radiance of God's light and presence, but with a negative relationship so that it is like fire.

togeather, then sheol is a place, and gehenna is the name of a state of existing rather than a location?

Also whats sheol up to these days then?

I guess I'll dump some of mine favorite songs
youtube.com/watch?v=VCnTqnxUNEE
youtube.com/watch?v=_MkA1UeHi_4
youtube.com/watch?v=OdKYGnVVRJE
youtube.com/watch?v=GLTlqaFZhpM
youtube.com/watch?v=Pnc2QVdSyq8

The Orthodox Church - where priests put out hits on each other to get coveted positions. Truly there is no more fitting church for Slavs.

Elaborate on #2?

Explain your garments. The colors change, looks like the father has a mortar board on his hip, deacons have long lineaments, while the father's are not so adorned.

Women don't turn out to be a huge hooers as Protestants because they have Mary to look up to.

This never happens,and the only time our Church killed anyone that was our Tsar Dusan who was about to go to the Vatican to convert to be a Catholic.

>The oldest and first Church
No. The first church was in Israel.

You should learn, although your parish will most likely switch to English within your lifetime. They go by the majority language used by the parishioners

Christ basically ended it with the harrowing of hell

The Orthodox see Christ as rasoming us from the devil, not God. The devil dun goofed tho, and lost everything when Christ conquered death.

>ended it
Like it no longer exists now? Or is it just empty?

Patriarchal see of Jerusalem was the first church though...

I love how nobody is quoting anything here, this already is giving me ten red flags at the same time.

>oldest
Catholics?

youtube.com/watch?v=6AtwPxD2ydk

Why did the orthodox start calling themselves orthodox? Obviously every church considers themselves orthodox, no one would call themselves a heterodox church would they. Orthodox as a title for a church is implied and superfluous. Could it be because there is an inferiority complex in the see of Constantinople compared to Rome seeing as Constantinople used to be the lowest ranked see and not even considered one due to having no religious and only secular significance? Really gets the noggin joggin

I like Orthodoxy but I feel like I'm larping because I'm not a Slav.
I also don't believe these lies about "oldest church". Orthodox had their schisms, too.

>>The Patriarch is the head of the Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre, and the religious leader of about 130,000 Eastern Orthodox Christians in the Holy Land,most of them Palestinians.

>tfw baptised as an infant but haven't been to church for almost a decade
Is it a coincidence that my life took a turn for the worse during that time?

Yes, and it is Orthodox. The Church around Christ's tomb is even Orthodox

So glad this thread exists. I am a Christian man , but obviously most evangelical churches around me are cucked. I need a non cucked church pol,help me. Is orthodoxy for me? Redpill me on solos scripture.

See The Orthodox Church and The Orthodox Way, by Kallistos Ware, and the four volume Orthodox Christianity by Hilarion of Vienna. See Saint Isaac the Syrian's words on hell as God's love, and On the Incarnation by Saint Athanasius for our view on atonement and ransom

Sola scriptura

Nope, they split from us

Catholic here. Thought about converting to eastern orthodox.
From an outsiders perspective is the Catholic church priests pedophiles? I'm asking this cause the more I look Into it the more I find out things I never knew.

Every Church also sees themselves as Catholic, durr. The "Orthodox faith" as a credal term started with John of Damascus, though, I think

Yes, but we now share full communion with the Copts in sacrament, we're just working out the details on paper.

Orthodoxy was started by Jews, not slavs.

>The "Orthodox faith" as a credal term started with John of Damascus
No, it goes back to Nicaean council to distinguish Church from Arianism

Out of curiosity I browsed the journeytoorthodoxy website, and it seems that they (and an affiliate Orthodoxy in America group) are interested in de-ethnicizing Orthodox in the name of making it a universal religion that accepts all races and ethnicities. My question is, are all Orthodox groups like this? That is, fucking retarded, ethnomasochistic, and willing to not only dive head first into Protestantization and give up the single thing that makes them unique amongst all Christian denominations (that is, the fact that Orthodoxy is pretty much the only thing Europeans have that could in any way be called an ethnoreligion)?

The Bible's a book compiled and edited by fallible men and the books themselves were written by fallible men. You are a fallible man. The Apostles, however, were certainly a bit better educated in what Christ wanted than you (or anyone today) so in order to properly understand the Bible (as again, you are fallible and can misinterpret it through no fault of your own) you use Tradition to understand what it's supposed to mean.

based Orthodoxy

Since when?

I need some source on that
T. Convert willing prottie in between the two original churches

Guy in the first vid looks like the cartoon (((merchant))))

Untrue.

Jesus? The Apostles? Christ's genealogy is listed at the beginning of Matthew and every one of the Apostles was a Jew. Hell, the first gentile to convert was an Ethiopian.

What part of "Apostolic" and "Founded by the Apostles" and "Church of the Apostles" did you guys not get?

lel, join the club

There is an Oriental Orthodox Coptic Church in my area. The priest of the parish is from Egypt and the parish looks really authentic. I'm thinking about going in there, but am I already off to a bad start? I know Oriental isn't Eastern Orthodox, but I don't know all the big differences.

this decrepit kike is allover the board
>Could it be because there is an inferiority complex in the see of Constantinople compared to Rome seeing as Constantinople used to be the lowest ranked see and not even considered one due to having no religious and only secular significance? Really gets the noggin joggin

DISINFO
reference?

Grreks, Armenians, Syrians, Assyrians, Egyptians, Haile Selassie, even English. You need ask for a US Orth Church

if in doubt, Mount Athos

well only an Orthodox is allowed to enter .

>Yes, but we now share full communion with the Copts in sacrament,
no

Full communion with the Copts in sacrament
it is just now that the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia (ROCOR) and it's daughter church, the Orthodox Church in America (OCA) are beginning to receive communion with each other- after beginning talks over 20 years ago.

>so Copts yes!

>if in doubt, Mount Athos
Have they, or any authority in Orthodoxy come out with an explicit ruling or statement on ethnic churches?

>oldest and first church
I think you mean THIS (pic related)

THIS IS YOUR RELIGION, GOYIM!

Fucking christfags

>I know Oriental isn't Eastern Orthodox, but I don't know all the big differences.
Oriental ""Orthodox"" is no such thing. They are a Protestant-tier heresy, just a much older one than Protestantism. Even Roman Catholicism is better.

P.S. Them being heretics is why they got BTFO by Muslims. Notice that normal Orthodox (not heretics) never get conquered by Islam.

>You can divorce your wife three times :^)
No thanks.

>Oriental ""Orthodox"" is no such thing. They are a Protestant-tier heresy, just a much older one than Protestantism. Even Roman Catholicism is better.
thank you
finally someone who gets it

Not that I'm aware of unless a councel of Churches is done for doctrine , Ethnic Churches have little difference but nothing drastic or crucial.

Mt. Athos you go to get a one on one with people that are literally out of this world ,some of them can explain exactly everything , since they have spiritual gifts.

This, God wanted Armenian genocide and he will make it happen again.

Is it easy to "convert"? Do I even have to convert? I guess so, since the sacraments aren't the same.

I am Catholic but I am disgusted by the current church.
My gf is Romanian, and I will soon live there. I need to study more about it, especially if it's more "authentic". But what are the requirements?

i think not, but you could

Catholic sacraments are considered valid by us, including baptism. Just ask a priest or bishop, when you'll go to Romania.

No I ment full communion.
Don't copts deviate from Orthodoxy already before the Great Schism?

so, greeks are heretics? which ones are the normal orthodox?

I'm sincerely asking.

No, Armenians, Syrians, Ethiopians and Copts, all the shitskin Christians.

but greeks were conquered? what does russian bro mean by that then?
>Notice that normal Orthodox (not heretics) never get conquered by Islam

yes they do
I have no Idea where did he get that information. They are heretics since council of chalcedon

They are doing fine now and are not conquered at this moment.

ah, you talk about now? then armenians, syrians and ethiopians are not heretics either. they are free nations.

I don't care how old the "church" is if it believes in Satanic bullshit doctrines that are not Biblical.

But catholic is the true title of the church and actually has meaning to it (whole and universal) whereas orthodox just means correct which is an implied belief. Orthodox was used when talking about an ideal beyond human knowledge : god's divine ideal, but has no use for actual titles of entities

No, they are heretics because they are oriental. Russian was mostly right. Syria is a muslim country now.

are you a burptist, by any chance?

no Greeks were never conquered you faggot, byzantium was , they threw you out and reinstated their Greece land

actually it doesn't , it knows very well what satan is but that's not for the flock, just follow the rules

Reference is in the new testament with James the just as the first patriarch and the fact that the church is set up in jerusalem

nope, the whole greece got conquered in 1470. and fuck off, I'm not shitposting here.
so, there are orientals for you. russian bro seems to disagree to this.

You're already a part of it. It's the same church just not in communion.

what? so instead of defending your unbiblical doctrines you're just gonna accuse your critics of being some random denomination that you don't agree with?

i can start with the baby baptizing which is just beyond insanity and weird. the idolatry and weird ranks and titles and clothing that are utterly and completely unbiblical is a whole other story.

>The oldest and first Church! The Orthodox Church!
the Orthodox Church goes back to the Schism of 1054... far from the oldest mate

they were byzantines you mongrel , fuck you back
>Sup Forums is for Christians and you'll never be one

No one cares protestant. Stop polluting actual theological discussion with baby's first heresy

it goes back to 33 it is the same from 33 till 1054 , rome breaks off in different direction , Orthodox continues till ..... today , got that proddie ?

yes but does it say james was in jerusalem , in a church ?

not a protestant, but keep throwing denominations around, it's fun.

>no one cares

I care about the Word of God, apparently you don't, heretic.

so a major fraction in the Orthodox church doesn't count but small differences under Roman popes does count? seems like a pretty biased time count mate

>they were byzantines
eastern romans was done in 1453. all other lands in greece, was morean despotate. learn some history.
>Sup Forums is for Christians and you'll never be one
kek.

Yes he was an ordained bishop therefore he was the church and he was in jewrusalem

>Sup Forums is for Christians
False Sup Forums is a pro-white board only

You probably don't even realise that the word of god is Jesus and not the bible. Now that's idolatry

nono 33-2017 all counts , you forget Rome was 'Orthodox' from 33 till 1054 , untill it called itself ' the catholics' and started cooking the books for themselves

nice shortcut but no , the first church was in Antioch

Reporting in.

lol, you're not even trying anymore satan. the words of the LORD are PURE WORDS, how about you follow them instead of practicing idolatry and satanic rituals?

Oh so not in constantinople. I guess that means the oriental orthodox church is the first not the eastern orthodox

The Council of Chalcedon and the Armenian Church by Karekin I:
>Ed. Dulaurier, the distinguished French armenologist of the nineteenth century, in his Histotre, Dogmes, Traditions et Liturgie de I'Eglise Armtnienne Orientals, asserts that the Armenian rejection of the Council of Chalcedon can be explained on linguistic grounds. Thus, he claims that the Armenian word womn, which is used in the translation of Leo's Tome in reference to each nature of Christ, denotes a person; therefore, the Two Natures were understood as Two Persons. And, in addition, the Armenian language being "peu travaillee" at that time, could not render the abstract notions associated with such words as vais, wroaraats, ovaia.

The schisms are all memes, there's no difference.

The Pope was being autistic and wanted to establish Rome's supremacy by shifting political religious power from the East to the West.

Orthodoxy is always so cool to read about

Lol what is the gospel of John?

"In the beggininng was the word and the word was with god and the word was god"

He's not saying that the KJV bible was with and was god in the beginning you jabroni.