So...Christians are we just ignoring the fact that virgin Mary(poh) was 12-13 when Christ was born

So...Christians are we just ignoring the fact that virgin Mary(poh) was 12-13 when Christ was born.

>but...but 9 years old Aisha(poh)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=376399
forums.catholic.com
youtube.com/watch?v=rGzcfRBbn4w
youtube.com/watch?v=Ohn3qL1Vz34
youtube.com/watch?v=j2C3JBdv520
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where does it say she was 13?

The bible never says what her age was try again

Search for yourself

you're the one making the claim

I performed a 10 second search on the internet it all checks out. Mary was likely 12-13 due to Jewish law and how marriage worked then. God is confirmed a pedo.

Doubtful. Also, we're more concerned that Aisha is used as the standard for the age of consent in many Islamic countries to this day. We now have inbred Muslims in our countries with child brides, and we're being forced to tolerate this perverse union.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=376399

Once again it never says what age Mary was in the bible your answer is based on pure speculation

>Muh doubtful

>flag
>no source for Mary or Joseph's age

Reminder that there is no evidence that Judaism and Christianity are corruptions of Islam and all evidence from the times work against that claim.

More liek 15 or 16. And Joseph was in his early 20's or so.

Either way, people grew up much faster back then. You didn't wait till you were 30 to get hitched.

>God is confirmed a pedi

Um, "I am the handmaid of the Lord, let it be done to me according to your word". In other words, consensual.

It's at the very least highly likely she was 12 to 13. A bride aged 18 in those days would have something wrong with her. Definitely not worthy of a God rape.

>*closes ears and eyes* NANANNANANA bible didn't say anything NANANANANANANAA

Children can't consent.

Boom, thank you. Based Catholic Answers is better than Sup Forums, if you're an answer that isn't shitposting.

These are just the guesses of random people and they are actually between 14 and 16, not 13. This is very different than 9 years old retard.

But it literally doesn't... unlike the Kuran. And let's remind everyone that it is CURRENT jewish law, inherent to the Thalmud, that we are supposed to trust as "the true laws of that time".
I don't buy this bullshit.

Even if we accept it as a given, I see no Christians that are campaigning to lower the age of consent to 12. The same can't be said of Muslims.

Mary was probably raped by a sandnigger, and joseph probably invented she was fucked by the holy spirit because if not, she would have been stoned (due laws in that part of the planet).

You answer is still just speculation according to scientist its highly likely were all evolved from from fish, does that make it true? Unless you can find her age in the bible (which you cant) you cant prove anything

I am a Christian and I fully support child brides.

>forums.catholic.com
>a bunch of guesses only

>It's very likely
You can keep guessing all you want lad but OP is trying to compare it to Islam which he can't because the age is not mentioned and even if it was 12 or 13 it's nothing compared to Aisha. OP should kill himself for making bait threads. Also the fact that she was a virgin as opposed to getting dicked by a mudshit.

Nailed it.

The life expectancy at the time was like 30 years,

Naw man it was the invisible sky man. I know if my girlfriend got pregnant by someone else and told me it was God I'd believe her implicitly and so would everyone else.
That's like saying every main character in the Bible is Chinese because they're never explicitly stated not to be. Back then you got married when you were 12 if you were a girl. If it took longer, it's because you were ugly or your family was disreputable. You really don't want Mary to be 18 when she gets married because that disses Jesus.

>catholic
no

>between 16-15 years old.
Then she was fat or ugly. It took her 25% longer to find a mate than a normal Jewish girl for the time.
To put it another way, it's like being a kissless virgin until you're 21 today.

It's pretty obvious how desperate you are to find any bias in Christianity because the age of Aisha burns you inside as it should. You're trying to alleviate your cognitive dissonance by finding flaw in Christianity to justify Muhammed being a pedophile.

Okay, I'll bite. The truth is that nobody knows how old Mary was and neither of Joseph as well. The Bible doesn't say. It is estimated that she was somewhere between 16-25 years old. The reason is is because of:

>(John 19:26, 27) Therefore Jesus, seeing his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing by, said to his mother: “Woman, see! Your son!” 27Next he said to the disciple: “See! Your mother!” And from that hour on the disciple took her to his own home.

This is Jesus up above being impaled to death. Mary was standing next to Jesus being impaled. Jesus encharged John to take care of his mother for him. What we know about this incident up above is that Joseph was not present meaning Joseph had died and Mary was now a widow. Two, the fact that Jesus entrusted John to take care of his mother for him was because by now she was a widow and was elderly. Jesus died at the age of 32. If John was entrusted to take care of Jesus elderly mother this puts Mary past 50 years old when she witnessed Jesus dying. This would put her conceiving Jesus at around 18 and over. Joseph didn't start to have sex with her until after she gave birth to Jesus and Mary conceived other children for Joseph. She may have been engaged off to Joseph at an earlier age at around 16 but 16 is not a child nor even a teenager anymore. The age of consent being 18 is a modern-day invention.

"Planned to divorce her quietly". No evidence that Joseph made up anything. In fact, Joseph has a grand total of zero lines in all of Scripture.

It seems like you are the desperate one here.

Yeah but you guys are okay with child sex changes and shit

Ok true but maybe Sampson was a chink, who knows? Is jesus black or arab or jew? Who knows?
As for my speculation, fair enough it is speculation but with the caveat that back then, if a girl was desirable you can bet she'd be married off by 13.
So, you're saying to ease your modern morality she didn't get married until much later. Well it wasn't her choice to get married that means it was between Joseph and her father. What other possible reason could there be for it taking so long aside from her having low value as a bride?
None.
Maybe her father was a hermit, if that makes you feel better. But most likely she had a club foot and a hair lip if she really didn't get married until 18.

cowards post links when their arguments can't survive on Sup Forums.

I didn't click it. you're a fag.

>virgin mary
>virgin
Whats the problem, achmed? One case is a grown man taking a 9 year old wife to fondle until he could penetrate
the other is an immaculate conception with one girl

1st-Century Jews had a custom of a married couple having period of betrothal, usually 1-2 years, in which they were in a legally ratified marriage but did not live together.

Posts link with actual arguments and theological information
>coward

She was betrothed when God knocked her up.
Plus that'd only make her 14-15 even if we assume God waited until after the betrothal which doesn't appear to be the case.

you have no argument. that's why you lead people away from Sup Forums

you can't post it here because it's a LIE.

>theological information
POST YOUR LIE, COWARD

>12 years
God has good taste

You forget, Jesus wasn't a paedophile. Ham head was. She was a virgin, thus no sex took place. If you believe the story that is. Still, ham head fucked kids, may pig shit be upon him.

Literally they are guessing, guessing does not equal facts buds.

So...

hidden, saged, reported

Catholics are not Christians and are not the center of Christianity no matter how much they try to be or are shilled by the media.

I made a mistake on my post. Here is the corrected one.What we do know in the Bible is that Jesus died at 32. BTM, Jesus was executed Joseph(adoptive father) was already dead. Since the Bible points out no sabotage nor homicide in Joseph's death than the logical conclusion is of natural causes which would be old age. Joseph was older than Mary by a few years but not an old man because his job was carpentry. He had to be a young man to do all that manual labor and had to be young enough while Jesus was groing up to teach him the trade. If Joseph was already dead of natural causes by the time of Jesus execution of 32 years old, was a few years older than Mary, and John was entrusted with taking care of Mary after Jesus died this would put Mary at a minimum of 50 years or older. 50 minus 32 is 18. This means Mary was 18 or older by the time Jesus was born.

>this thread challenged my beliefs and/or made me think....MODS
found the SJW

I dont know why my comment got deleted,My point is i dont know what age Mary was because it doesn't say, Abrahams wife was 90 when she gave birth and God blessed them so age is not as important as you think, but to say for a fact that Mary was 12 like you did is very disingenuous because you cant prove it

Luke 1:27 "to a virgin *betrothed*
to a man named Joseph, of the house of David, and the virgin’s name was Mary."

>you have no argument
Post argument already written out

REEE DOESN'T COUNT

she was a virgin and in the "betrothal" period. aka the first year or two of marriage.
If she was healthy and attractive from a good family she was 12-14.
right so it's concrete she was married no more than 2 years, which normally means 12-14 unless she was a hambeast or her dad was a murdering hobo or something.

Mary didn't fuck God you fucking idiot

Joseph didnt have sex with Mary. She was always a virgin. The brothers mentioned in the bible are cousins, not brothers.

He didn't live long enough to marry. Mohammed(peace be upon him) lived his live to the fullest, taking what he wanted, eating what what he wanted, killing what he wanted, literally alpha. God saw that people and (((they))) didn't understand the good way, so he changed things up a bit.

Did Mohammed eat pork and shellfish, stuff like that?

god confirms 12 is perfect age

Thank you, there's no evidence of them having other children.

Only reason anyone gets triggered by this is because the notion of virginity as a positive thing generates loud REEEEEEE's from pagans.

>people with deus vult flags dont like catholicism
This is why christianity is dying.

No customers it was forbidden.

Catholics are the only Christians.

So he didn't live life to the fullest eating what he wanted.
There are suicide bombers with iqs of 65 who go harder than that.

>catholics actually believe this
So Joseph wasn't allowed to have sex with his wife?

That's the Reformation for ya, user

Nah

As someone who has studied philosophy and theology and knows the Bible inside out I can confidently say that Mary's age isn't nowhere mentioned much less hinted at

Besides 13 year old an 9 year old is a giant difference

At 12 girls start menstruating and are ready for child bearing , which they did for 3/4s of human history
Remember the median age even 300 years ago was 30, girls had to give birth early

Anyway you're a butthurt Muzzie that ipcwnt deal with the fact his """"prophet"""" is a motherfucking pedo
Sage

Fuck off Muzzie pajeet and fuck Mohammad ,piss be upon him

Your logic is flawed. I have never wanted to eat pork.

>tfw bronze age carpenter
>marry a club footed 18 year old with leprosy
>finally gonna get some poon
>God cucks you
>die of old age 6 years later from an infected splinter on your wiping thumb at the ripe old age of 19

Mary was set apart as God's mother, the New Ark of the New Covenant (cf Revelation 12). Mary even says this: "how can this be, since I have no relations with a man?" If she had plans to do it with Joseph, she would not have asked this question.

I'm sorry we actual follow what Jesus said

>X is EVEN WORSE than me!
>So I'm the good guys, guys, join my side!

Not without Mary's consent, you rapist.

In all seriousness, as a good a caring husband he respected his wife's wishes to remain pure.

It never says her age at the time of Christ's birth in the Bible, and only idiots like mormons believe God "fucked" Mary. She was a VIRGIN. AT BEST, YOU'VE MADE THE CASE THAT MARY GAVE BIRTH AT 13, AND NOTHING MORE.

It said Jesus is the first born of Mary they wouldn't say first born if Jesus was the only one

and "God's mother"
no. You realize Jesus is older than Mary right?
1 Peter 1:19-20
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

It's okay, God fucked her, not a man.

lies
Matthew 13
54 And when hee was come into his owne countrey, he taught them in their Synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisedome, and these mighty works?
55 Is not this the Carpenters sonne? Is not his mother called Marie? and his brethren, Iames, and Ioses, and Simon, and Iudas?
56 And his sisters, are they not all with vs? whence then hath this man all these things?

I'm pretty sure if I artificially inseminated a 12 year old girl most people would call me a pedo. There's no situation where impregnating a 12 year old isn't pedoshit.

>If she was healthy and attractive from a good family she was 12-14.

Show me where in the bible does it say that they usually married at that age? You cant and according to God one wasn't responsible for their own actions until 20, so based on actual scripture i would say Mary was no younger than 20

>In this wilderness your corpses will fall, and all who were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from TWENTY YEARS old and upward, who have murmured against Me

Dude. You are stupid as fuck.

Mary was a virgin and was chosen. She was a virgin when she gave birth. She had children the normal way with Joseph afterwards

Stop worshiping the pagan mother goddess

You realize having sex when married isn't bad to God at all right? You aren't less pure by having sex with your husband/wife.

Child brides is how it's supposed to be. A girl should be married immediately after their first blood at the latest.

>how does virginity work?

the difference is that's post-puberty so literally not pedophilia

the real meme is that obviously what happened was she cucked Joseph and then claimed immaculate conception and the entire faith is literally cuckoldry

Because her husband was also in his teens with an age difference of several years, what you would expect from pretty much anyone in ancient Israel at the time. Aisha on the other hand was prepubescent when Muhammad was fucking her and according to Muslim sources she had to clean semen out of his clothes.

youtube.com/watch?v=rGzcfRBbn4w

It's the law from that time in that part of the world. You know there are history books that will supplement your knowledge of the Bible right? this story isn't meant to be understood as having happened on an alternate plane of existence.

nah an angel was sent to warn Joseph so we wouldn't think she was unfaithful

exactly. God WANTS you to fuck your wife/husband. He designed it to feel good, under the proper context. The bed is undefiled.

>pagan mother goddess

"And Jesus said to him, 'behold your Mother', and from that moment the disciple took her into his home". John 19:27

I'm an unbeliever and Mohammad sucks allahs tiny tranny penis.

Want to fight? Or take my right hand?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ohn3qL1Vz34

Matthew 1:18
"Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost."
The Holy Ghost. The formless, omnipresent manifestation of God. Mary was never touched. No "insemination" was involved. She was just suddenly pregnant. That's all.

No god would ever knock a bitch up without having sex with her.

No God would do that.

Jesus' "brothers" listed, John and the two Jameses, are named as the sons of Zebedee and Alphaeus, respectively. Also, when Mary and Joseph searched for Jesus and found Him in the Temple, where we're their supposed other children?

Seeing how Paul was a former Pharisee(rabbi leader) he would know the custom of Jews and time of marriage. This is what Paul said at what age people should be married.

1 Corinthians 7:36

>KJ21 But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age and need so require, let him do what he will—he sinneth not: let them marry.

>BRG But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry.

>DARBY But if any one think that he behaves unseemly to his virginity, if he be beyond the flower of his age, and so it must be, let him do what he will, he does not sin: let them marry.

It wasn't about a number. It was about full sexual maturity. The "bloom of youth" means full sexual and physical development. This happens at around 15-18 years old. People who develop late are called "late bloomers" which means they are not finished developing physically until later. So the tradition off marrying off was around the end of full maturity which would be around 15 or later.

The Bible admits that Jesus was Mary's "firstborn." Why would it call Jesus that if she had no other children?

>(Luke 2:7) And she gave birth to her son, the firstborn,

Matt. 13:53-56, JB: “When Jesus had finished these parables he left the district; and, coming to his home town, he taught the people in their synagogue in such a way that they were astonished and said, ‘Where did the man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers? This is the carpenter’s son, surely? Is not his mother the woman called Mary, AND HIS BROTHERS James and Joseph and Simon and Jude? HIS SISTERS, too, are they not all here with us?’”

The people speaking up above are UNBELIEVERS. Why would they call "brothers/sisters" in a spiritual way if they were unbelievers of Christ?

WHo cares England will be Islamic soon. Hope you like the jizzya infidel.

See my post here. Beat you to it.

Virginity is a state of purity, it is nobler than the act of marriage and the highest form of chastity. Sex in marriage is a concession, according to Paul.

>implying a spirit dong wasn't involved

Also, "brother" in that day and age was a broader term meaning "kinsman".

"flower of her age" sounds like first menstruation to me which matches the jewish law.

nothing wrong with this, pedo is a new age meme

OY VEY

Ive heard you can butt-fuck little boys up till they reach puberty in Islam. you know bachi bazi. (poh)

youtube.com/watch?v=j2C3JBdv520