ITT: Movies that Sup Forums made you change your opinion on

ITT: Movies that Sup Forums made you change your opinion on.

Before: >Waa muh bully drill instructor!

After: >The drill instructor did what he had to do to make them shaped up for combat and to survive. A few hurt feeling is meaningless in the face of fighting communism. The drill instructor was one we should hold in high regard, albeit didn't see trouble brewing with Pile.

>Waa muh bully drill instructor!
women shouldn't watch FMJ

Sup Forums and Sup Forums made me really enjoy Master and Commander

Before:
>Wow this guy's a fucking asshole, how can he shoot women and children like that, they didn't do shit to him

After:
>The Viet Cong had a vast network of accomplices and informants and they didn't discriminate on gender or age, the gooks he shot most likely directly or indirectly caused the loss of American lives so they deserve it

Muh pointless and cruel war

OP here. Bumping with another one.

After:
>It may be a good idea to have a society in which rights and privileges should be tiered with civilians and citizens. It may be best to earn citizenship through either military or community service.

Gangs of New York

>hfw the Butcher was right

didn't mean to tag

Forgot pic

I know that feel, brah. Same desu. And I'm still clinging to my libertarian roots cause 'murica

but fuck the civic shit. Ethno state or no state

Those are two amazingly shallow interpretations of the movie. I'm impressed.

The Butcher is basically Sup Forums in a nutshell except for all the hating on Catholics.

>how can he shoot women and children

its easy you just lead infront of them a little

idk mang, the pagan coalition is getting pretty uppity these days. Tho they could just be a divide and conquer tactic.

Someone explain to me this new pagan meme.

Is it some muh styx/aydin paladin edge shit?

You're a weak minded fool for having those opinions in the first place. It shows your emotions control your thoughts. Thin rationally or kill yourself, faggot

Another good one is American History X.

While it was Sup Forums that finally got me to watch it, I can imagine how I would have watched it before pol. Would go something like this.

Before:
>hur dur racism is bad, hur dur
After:
>Derek was completely justified in his actions and beliefs. Blacks had negatively affected his life, family, and community his entire life.

They should rerelease it with the original ending.

Funny cause for me:

Before:
>Rights are something declared by society and should be a privilege granted to those who maintain and protect society.

After:
>If we don't guarantee rights to everyone, everyone will have their rights taken from them by the powerful few.

I can't specifically pin point movies I changed my mind on, but I can say that Sup Forums made me start noticing subliminal messages everywhere. I cannot unsee interracial couples, forced diversity, intolerance for ''fascists'' etc anymore. They're everywhere.

He was put in the movie to show why the Vietnamese hated the Americans. Some of them could have been informants, but that doesn't mean you can kill them. Actions like his caused far more harm than good in the war by turning the populace against the US

How severe is hazing and drill instruction as a recruit right now? Thinking on joining. I'm a fucking skinny manlet so I don't want to suffer a lot

What's the original ending I never heard of it.

idk, but there's a strong anti "kike on a stick" movement that I understand. I think they started acting up because of the flags for crusaders(Templars) and not one for pagans. Plus the Christians here have also gotten more "militant" lately. Again, it could legit just be a big divide and conqueror strat by (((them))) so who knows.

There's a legit religion called Asatru that's founded by Steve McNallan I believe his name is that worship the Norse gods like Odin, Thor, Freya, Loki and the like. Honestly, their beliefs are right in line with Sup Forums and white nationalist that I'm surprised it isn't a bigger thing in our communities.

It's not gonna be that bad, they don't want you to end up killing yourself. Expect severe punishments and berating daily to toughen you up. Just develop a hard shell and remember they are trying to help you and most likely don't really mean what they yell at you.

It ends with him shaving his head again after kid bro gets got by that nigger. Brilliant actually. The original message of the movie was "violence begets violence" which is actually pretty accurate desu

Best be joining the Marines pussy. I'm signing up this fall.

Swordfish

John Travolta's character's plan for American foreign policy actually seems pretty legit

god, please don't fall for the military industrial complex meme. You're just going to ruin potentially four years of your life on stupid, petty bullshit.

What's the original ending?

Throughout the whole movie Derek is right, even the normies should see that. When he argues with the jew that's banging his mom he wins and it's not even a close argument. Everything he says is rational and clear, and the bumbling jew has no response.

Everything Dad says at the end is right too, I feel like the jew director realized this and tried to ruin it by making Dad say "nigger." Like they had to through that in to somehow delegitimize everything he had said. Just like when Derek calls the Jew kike after winning the argument.

Wasn't he revealed to be literally Israeli, or was that one of his aliases?

Fuck off semmler

>bitch detected

seeI agree. The movie is a great entry level redpilling tool.

Harry Potter:

> Voldemort is needlessly evil

After Sup Forums: The muggles have been historically hostile. No wonder he resents them. It is in his interest to oppose this hostile people. Also when he killed the Muggle Studies lecturer I smiled. It was like old uncle Addy shot a Gender Studies lecturer in the head with a luger

Also,
>wizard world likes to keep separate from muggles
>author bitches about whites wanting to keep separate from non-white

Fuck that bitch. I swear, one day I'm going to write an all white version of that shit. We will remake all media in the ethno-state.

Non-existent. Just show up when and where you are told in the proper uniform and do what you're told. They have a checklist of stuff that they need to get you all through and the faster it gets done the easier life is.

Rare quality leaf post

LotR

Before Sup Forums: > My favourite movie series. This fantasy world Tolkien created was so cool. I wish I was able to fight again the hordes of orcs in defense of Middle Earth

After Sup Forums:

> Literally an allegory for what is happening now
> Merkel is Saruman, letting hordes sweep unchecked across Europe
> Corrupted Théoden and Denathor are comparable to selfish, incompetent Western leaders
> Hordes of ugly, smelly creatures destroying the homelands of Germanic/Nordic/Celtic looking people is pretty self evident

> Realise I should have been careful what I wished for.

You have my sword lads

Fuck the anti military fags. Marine boot camp is mind over matter and your body is somewhere in between. You will laugh at everything you hated in bootcamp once you're in the fleet and loose your green. Damn near twenty years later and I still laugh at the shit they had us do. It was moderately uncomfortable at the time but it made me strong.
My son (9yo) has seen FMJ multiple times, still loves it and still wants to be a Marine. INB4 muuhreeens. I got out and made a shit load of money with my experience.

WHAT SIDE WAS THAT PRIVATE PILE?

>I wish I was able to fight again the hordes of orcs in defense of Middle Earth

Well boy do I have good news for you!

I think what made the Butcher and Gangs of New York so great was that both sides were right; in the end it came down to two honorable men who were fathers to their own men getting shot at by the country they both called home.

There won't be likely anything outrageous that is life threatening unless you have some underlying condition.

I went to Benning for OSUT aka infantry basic and AIT a couple of years ago. Were people being punched in the face left and right? Of course not

Did occasionally DS's get a little hands on even though they're not supposed to anymore? To some people.

Generally it wasn't that bad. You get the dog shit smoked out of you and face punishment regardless of whether you do stuff right.... Just go with the flow, and realize that the DS's are actually usually bros and are just putting you through the same initiation process they went through in order to harden you up a bit.

Some of it is actually funny as fuck... even in the moment. In retrospect especially, it's all hilarious.

>tfw I hadn't put too much thought about that movie but you just made me feel way more than I ever thought this thread would make me feel

In many ways it's the story of the white man today... Sad.

Considering that most former marines go on to become alcoholic wife beating trailer trash failures I'd say you probably got lucky and made your money being a meth dealer. Good job abusing the fuck out of your 9 year old, I can tell you're real proud of that. The usmc is a joke and the rest of the armed forces hate you.

t. US Navy veteran.

Before:
>hey, maybe the state is a bunch of assholes sending us all into a pointless war

After:
>WOO STATE! I LOVE THE STATE! WOO ESTABLISHMENT! I LOVE IMPERIALISM!

You were right before and you are wrong now. Those soldiers were draftees. And guess who didn't have to serve? The rich and connected. It'd be different if they were volunteers, but they weren't.

>Navy
>calling other branches a joke

Don't you have some dick to suck, faggot?

The DI didn't draft them. He had a job to do. Train them up so they survive.

Completely missed the point but okay

I watched American History X and realized being racist is bad

It would have been a lot more noble of him to have helped them escape to Canada instead.

>Pile

tfw whipper snappers don't get this joke

WW1 wants their joke back. Don't you have some nudes to leak on Facebook devil? Or are you guys planning to ruin some other part of the internet for the rest of the branches?

Ass blasted faggot commie.

Army here
I'd take a Marine over a cocksucker like you any day, they might be dumb as rocks but they get the job done if you give them their favorite flavor of crayon. Give a basic task to a Navy Semen and he'll be too busy gobbling dicks and taking breaks to make any progress at all.

>implying females being sluts because current year and then feeling ashamed about it is a problem because of the Marines

Fuck off, it was a matter of time before one branch got caught with that shit.

be professional please...

Only a Marine would be stupid enough to get caught. Is wookie pussy that worth it?

Wow, you claim to be a Navy fag and yet bring up Marines being drunks... Interesting. I've lived a great life and the Marines were a part of it and helped mold me into the man I am today.
Are there are shit bags in the military? Yes. And, you are a fine example of one.

This is great. Go back and watch the movie again. Focus on the main character
>the drill instructor
Fuck outta here

Ah so...

Jap

honestly i never really researched this.. but why did we go into this war. even if we completely demolished.. and we didn't but we won on a global stance for some casue.. which i don't know what it is.. like what in the asbolute fuck was the point of this war.. what would we gain, if we killed every nothern'r..

WHAT WAS THIS WAR?
what did it accomplish from both sides of the line

stop looking at war as bad vs good.
who paid for who made money and what happend.

>Implying the Marines have a monopoly on alcoholic shitheads.

>Those soldiers were draftees.

Joker was a volunteer.

Thank Army dog. To be honest, though most Nave cats I knew were cool as shit. This guy is not the norm for any branch.

>some of them were informants so just let everyone go

Spineless cucks like yourselves are why the US never has and never will win a guerilla war

You fucking autist. It was still a Clausewitzean mode of conflict- i.e., we imposed a political will through conflict, that will being to prevent a communist spread through Asia. The hope would be that South Vietnam might, like South Korea, might sort itself the fuck out, but we failed to prevent the full North takeover, and the communautism spread.

Gimli the Manlet swede invites the fellowship to his cousins place Moria/Malmö promising a feast and Swedish stuff
They get there and all the Manlet swedes are dead and the place is overrun with goblins, troll and a demon

>rich and connected
A. Why should they have to? Are middle-aged (((bankers))) and accountants and politicians and scholars better for war fighting than angry young men?
B. Does the college-educated officer corps count as rich and connected?

kept the kikes out atleast

What's wrong user? No action at the fag bar tonight?

Yes, because the rice fields are absolutely swarming with kikery...
Waaaaaaaaaitaminute

Watchmen ftw. Alan Moore tried to bash right-wingers when writing the Comedian and Rorschach. He ended up with two of the most redpilled characters in literature/film.

The Patriot

Before: >Hurr die evil British!!!1

After: >The Americans were overreacting to a tax that was funding the British empire after fighting a brutal war. Half of this shit didn't even happen.

>666

>Being this Un-American
Gas yourself nigger, you're forgetting the part where they were heavily taxing a distant colony full of people who has never even seen England WITHOUT REPRESENTATION for a war that they didnt ask for. Sounds like government overreach to me

Also yes, the movie wayyy over plays the whole "Evil dictator British" meme, but dont simply the actual events either

simplify*

Poorbait. Do better.

Happy 4th.

>Being a libertarian

The French were building forts in British territory, I know in your eyes that doesn't violate NAP but to people who actually believe in borders and whatnot that's a big fucking deal. It was a war they had to fight and in result they had debt to pay.

>Implying England and France didnt want to duke it out already and were just using that as a scapegoat

>be in OSLUT in 2001
>waiting on line for rappel training
>casually refer to ds by his last name rather than his title and name
>ds grabs my rigging and calls me out while I'm hanging off the ledge
>"Think your my buddy now? Think you're gonna come over my house, play my Nintendo, drink my beer, FUCK MY GIRLFRIEND?!"
> drops me
Pretty damn funny, yeah. Good times.

The Day After (TV movie from 1983)
Before:
> woo! Kansas City represent!
After:
>oh shit. I have been to these places filmed
>just saw a depiction of my hometown being vaporized in nuclear armageddon.
>lose sleep
>have nightmares
>start taking doomsday prepping seriously

Aw, hell. Get thee behind me Satan!

Probably, up until WW1 the French and British always hated each other. But at the end of the day a war was fought and there was debt to be paid.

>A. Why should they have to? Are middle-aged (((bankers))) and accountants and politicians and scholars better for war fighting than angry young men?
>B. Does the college-educated officer corps count as rich and connected?

A) It's the children of the wealthy and connected that get away with not serving. (volunteer for a draft board to make sure that doesn't happen)
B) Poor and middle class kids sell their souls to Uncle Sam so they can go to college dumb ass!
Protip - Rich kids don't have to do that!