Polygamy

Do you think legalizing polygamy would improve society or make it worse? I seriously think far more men would get married if they were able to have other options, it would make marriage less of a death sentence for young men in this society, marriage currently has no real benefit for men anymore and I think polygamy would help remedy that by allowing them to continue pursuing women rather than tying them down to a single woman who will totally take advantage of him.

Worse, you can only have one wife so if you sleep wth anyone except your first wife you're committing adultery.

>YWN live on a white sharia Mars colony where every man has 30 sex slaves and utter patriarchy is enforced.

David Lane painted a beautiful picture.

Adultery is a sin

Not if its socially sanctioned and all parties are consenting.

SAGE
SAIGE
SAJ
SAYJ
SAAAAAAGE
FUCK off whatever kind of shill you are. At the end of the day this is just a website

God doesn't consent

For those who are accelerationists polygamy is encouraged.

Nope. Take your marxist relativist bullshit somewhere else. If you're a fag and you want to have eternal vows with some other fag then congrats.

I you want to allow for divorce and remarriage when it goes really wrong, alright, fine. Better than cheating all over and suffering I guess.

But if you wand a harem go live in a backward country where you have to cut your dick off to get 72 virgins when you explode.

Thats essentially what we have now with hook up culture.
Are we better now than before hook up culture?

B..but Solomon had a lot of wives r..right?

Cmon bud, lets just say it's ok, mkay?

>Sup Forums posters who already can't get gf's think that allowing men to have multiple wives will somehow benefit them

Chad wins again

This. I've seen polygamist muslims out and about with their wives about three times, and my thought every time was just 'muslim Chad'.

Muslim Chad is less alpha, though, because he actually bought those women 'for good', whereas Chad moves onto better pastures.

It's kinda bizarre that polygamy is still seen as 'strange' and even morally outrageous when free fornication is the norm.

I don't think it's a good idea. Most of the women would end up sharing rich dudes leaving the majority of men with literally 0 chance of ever finding a spouse. Men who know they won't find a wife tend to be much less productive and competitive and very unhappy leading to social unrest.

Fuck no, it's adultery in another name. What the fuck happened to the single family nest? Too pure for you degenerates uh?

Anyone here read 'The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress'?

Probably the best fictional depiction of polygamy.

Women all ready outnumber men, and with so many homos and weird guys whats the harm if we take a couple more women eh? Am I right fellas?

this. i can fuck 30 girls in a year and nobody bats an eye but if i say i have 2 full time girlfriends, everyone is like OMG HOW DO THEY HANDLE IT

Fucking 30 sluts a year isn't polygamy though. That's just sleeping around. Polygamy is normalizing a more permanent arrangement with multiple women.

That's polyandry buddy, and that would not work because it makes zero sense. Polygamy works because you can knock up a bunch of chicks at once, in polyandry the woman can only be pregnant by one man at a time.

Not entirely true you could set up a welfare service that insured every man had at least one wife, and as it is widely known women outnumber men. In monogamous societies these women will never be part of a normal patriarchal family.

>obama doesn't like America
this isn't news

Sage this until OP makes a second post

Have you actually read the book senpai? He's in a line marriage.
Many husbands all married to many wives.

The only societies that ever were sustainable were monogamous ones

In theory is sounds good but now you have two women taking money from you and nagging the fuck out of you. You also have a greater chance of divorce, possibly double divorce, or staggered divorce to completely screw you over. Its more of a way to fuck you over in the long run. Just wait until sex robots and try to find a women cool with sex robots.

It's been along time. I thought it was polyandrous which is something that obviously would not work.

To rest my case almost all human societies have been polygamous. Hell my great grandpa was a traveling cook and he had like 50 kids with lots of different women. That's the way a lot of guys used to do it, they would have one family in one town and another in a neighboring town. Just move back and forth and make sure they have enough money for clothes and medicine and whatnot.

Plus you have a lot of kids that you can send to work for you.

better because it would weed betas out and the burden of mantaining a family would be on the woman, the man is strictly a bull-provider. but only as long as it is done in a society with good fertility otherwise it becomes a degenerate orgy without purpose

I did well enough to support two and and would like to give them extra time to recover from having a kid.

>You can break lots of laws in the bible
>But you can't break the laws I like
What's it like being retarded.

Worse, and you faggots would complain 100x more. Do you think any guy below average is going to get a girl? They're all going to flock the top of the hierarchy and all marry a few guys, while most guys get none. There's a reason every successful civilization has adopted some form of monogamy.

It's a matter of degrees user. If you want to advocate for your particular brand of orthodox interpretation then get ready for some inbred to tell you he needs to rape a 9 year old because that's what Mohommed did.

It's pretty easy, on the other hand, to recognize the intention of eternal marriage vows.

yes and it's stated that it was wrong and that's why his line was cursed or something

Polygamy would be a good way to completely fuck over your society. The 20 year olds with no gfs wouldn't sit quiet for long.

Monogamy is the bedrock of civilization. It ensures that basically every male has a wife and a family and thus is invested in society.

Unless you figure out how to deal with all the completely disposable males you've created, it'd end in revolution and social regression on par with the dark ages.

People are too dumb and hormonal to conceptualize the benefits of it let alone methods for improving / maintaining stability of multiple relationships, and that extends to 90% of people who unironcally practice it.

t. Raised by polygamists.

As a footnote, when i say benefits, i don't say this from a position of "Polygamy is superior to monogamy," but rather like all things certain aspects are different / can be better under one (just as some aspects can be better under the other). It's far, far easier to make monogamy work than polygamy, and with both working at 100% efficiency i'd say monogamy is still superior, but Polygamy is pretty neat if it works (which it rarely does).