Chinese-american

>chinese-american
>asian-american
>korean-american
>japanese-american

In america, ethnic americans calls themselves by their ethnicity rather than nationality, then when a real ethnic from their home country interacts with them they find out they are more american than the ethnic group them came from.

A message to all you asian americans - you're not asian. To call yourself as such is no different from the jersey shore guidos who fancy themselves as italians.

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American-born_Chinese
youtu.be/9h1M8jxCfN8
youtu.be/8p-NxcM0dKQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau_incident
quora.com/What-do-mainland-Chinese-people-think-of-Chinese-Americans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Australian-British
>Pretends to be smart like British
Face it you're not British, just criminals

There's something going on Sup Forums will later be saying they're going to try and stop but what but quick the threads were few

hi nisem

Ive been to Aussie land. There are so many asians and they all hang with their same cliques, never intermingling with Asians from other countries or hell even other parts of their same country. Dont bullshit me

I call myself an ABC desu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American-born_Chinese

and I also identify with Asian cuz I can't get the stuff I want without working with the other Asians.

chinese dont give a fuck if youre foreign born or not. if anything its a bonus. you can have zero knowledge of the culture or the language but as long as you are ethnically chinese youre still considered just a chinese as anyone else in china.

As someone from SoCal, totally different experience. Chinatown is filled with Vietnamese people, friends with Filipinos and Indians, and loves Kpop :D

All of my teachers are white and I work with white people when canvassing for Democrats.

On the other hand, China arrests Chinese-Americans and accuse them of being US spies.

How can I identify with a country that persecuted my ancestors and tries to stamp out my sub-culture?!?

I'm American first and foremost cuz the China I believe in is dead, whether or not my American brothers accept it or not.

I live in Australia so let me clarify. "Asians" as you say, because theres many different types of asians, lets say chinese who grew up in Australia (Australian born chinese: ABC) - they will only hang out with other chinese who grew up in Australia, they do not feel a sense of common ground with the chinese nationals who comes to Australia, yet at the same time those ABCs fancy themselves as chinese simply because they partake in asian shit in Australia, not china but Australia. How many ABCs are okay with eating dogs? Not many.
ABCs and chinese nationals treat each other distantly as any other race. The only difference is sometimes they might go up to one of them to chat and once they open their mouths they'll realise "oh it's a mainlander, he's not one of us" lmao...

RICED

You're just an american wewring a chinese face. No one cares if the china you fancy is dead. 1.4billion real chinese consider you old fashion. Whos more credible? A foreigner with a chinese face or chinese from china who grew up there?
Heres a youtube video - Are chinese americans really chinese?
youtu.be/9h1M8jxCfN8
Tldr: no theyre not, they cant even speak the language nor understand the history, politics, nor have the mannerisms and attitudes of a chinese. Theyre just americans with a chinese face.

Stop fancying yourself as whatever ethnicity you think you are. You're just an american. It's always americans who feels the need to come up wih several labels for themselves.

Oh sorry, you're anglo. Right...

Branches of the Russian Orthodox Church in America survived the communist purges unscathed.

So a question for you:

Would you consider them more or less authentic then a bunch of ex-commies larping as Orthodox Christians?

I guess that makes Chinese even more Australians since >Australian-British are descendants of convicts :)

No, if their kids grew up in america. They're american.

In Australia and UK, there are stories of daughters being pressured, intimidated, forced into arranged marriages in the middle east. The daughters, born and grew up in the west, are forced to continue the tradition of their migrant mother and father. The daughters react very differently than the ones who grew up in the middle east.

Does that answer your question?

"China" destroyed their own culture during the cultural revolution while the diaspora continues to honor our traditions and use traditional script.

Ethnicity are capable of being born you know. Just like how Taiwanese identity and Palestinian identity are pretty recent compare to other ethnicity.

>source Hong Konger-American

Um, no. I'm Chinese-American and I managed to both assimilate and embrace my native culture; Chinese-Malaysians and the Jewish diaspora have been doing it for hundreds of years, not that hard lolz.

Also those daughters are feminist. You can be feminist and middle eastern.

What are you trying to say? That a diaspora opinion that old china is real china is more valid than the world and the china it is today? No one acknowledges your post as reality. Your love for old china is very non-chinese and very american.

You have no place in china to make the opinion you just did

Why would I want to be asian when I can be a magapede?

>Also those daughters are feminist.
Theyre not dumbass. They actually try to with their efforts to escape the arranged marriage arranged by her relatives. Nothing to do with feminism. Get that meme garbage out of your head. You sound like you have no idea of anything

Okay.

Pfh, don't you realize that it is the diaspora that funded the Xinhai Revolution. There was even a Chinese-American that returned to China and reunited his relatives with their ancestors after the Cultural Revolution in the BBC documentary The Story of China.

The diaspora can and has dictated their vision to the Mainland. Also, reverence to Sun Yat-Sen's ideas are not non-chinese.

Asian-American as a group is the fucking stupidest identity politics label anyone has come up with. This is like saying Chinese, Japanese, Filipinos, Koreans, Thais, Indians, Pakistanis, etc. are all alike. I've been to a lot of those places and I can say, "Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!" Each one of those places has a unique culture and a lot of that gets carried along when those people emigrate t the US.

"Asian-American" is an invention of race hustlers who are trying to cash in on the identity politics gravy train.

Assimilate? Esp what you said here?No.
You integrate not assimilate. You dont need to be a "hong konger-american" to integrate. Anyone can.

The closest thing you can do to assimilate both cultures is to grow up in one country for half your formative years the other half in another country. I have seen this with 14 year of high school students from china now in Australia. Most have left Australia since completing their uni degrees

Youtube video relevant - What's it like being an overseas asian in chinese
youtu.be/8p-NxcM0dKQ
Tldr: westernised gooks thinks they're coming back home only to realise it feels more foreign and unrelatable than they anticipated.

You have no right to call yourself a hong konger. Real hong kongers would easily see you as an american. You're just of hong kong descent at best. To ride on the names of your background of descent is very quite pathetic

I call myself Asian-American cuz I have to work with other races to get stuff I want done and we share similar history of oppression; Japanese-internment, Chinese exclusion act, and now the mini Muslim ban.

Even if the origin is really from race hustlers, I'm using it for something positive.

This is the thing with chinese americans. They all look like theyre from the countryside of china. Disgusting

True. In Guangzhou, there is a Statue of Liberty monument. On it, in English and Chinese, are written the names of Chinese-American organizations that contributed funds.

So you're like jeremy lin and michael chang. American of Chinese descent who for some reason pledge allegiance to china despite never actuallu growing up there.

Not a 1:1 replica but there's similarities with what you're saying about yourself and those two sportsman i mentioned

All Americans grew up drinking the race huslter kool aid.
I can tell its because the chinese-americans grew up osctracised by the greater community so they turn to their country of descent for inner strength. At the end of the day they're just behaving very much like dumb americans with very american mindsets except their loyalty is turned towards the chinese, if we look closer they're not much different from a white guy with an obsession with china and chinese culture, this also explains why the diaspora rejects the china it is today and prefers old china whereas no one in mainland china thinks in such a dated way.

If your definition of assimilate (being similar) and integrate (combining) is the same as mine, I don't see the problem, I'm doing both lolz.

Also that video confirms my feeling, being Chinese-American is a thing because neither China nor US will accept you fully, even if you are a 100% both.

Also, I speak Cantonese, grew up watching TVB, have the colonial flag, and deeply follow HK news. I have more rights to being a Hong Konger American than the Italian Americans that can't even speak Italian (like Lady Gaga).

What does it say to you that before Hong Konger wasn't an identity and now not only is it an identity but people are calling themselves Hong Kongers and not Chinese.

Thank you

I think I've seen you before in RL, are you a cook/chef?

So what? White people joins ISIS too. Whats your point? You mistakenly attribute your identity way too much on your race.
You wonder why america treat chinese americans the worst out of all racial americans and you now have your answer

>chef
You see me everywhere

I do not pledge allegiance to China, I told you, the China I believe in is dead.

In the end of the day I support my mother the diaspora and my father my nation. These are the people that took care of me.

>he thinks he is australian
settle down ping

So you're like a weeaboo for hong kong but ppl wont out you as that because you have a chinese face.
Essentially you think of yourself as a proud hong konger for bullshit reasons likely instilled by your parents.
If you didnt carry a chinese face, you'd be a weeaboo.
Btw, you can assimilate and not integrate vice versa.
The way you type is very american.

i dont call myself anything. I dont feel the need to assert my identity

Don't start with the "muh oppression" shit. Pretty much every ethnic group in the US has something in the past to complain about. I hate to say it, but compared to blacks, your people had it easy.

Japanese internment? Let me clue you in on something: It is standard in wartime to intern foreign nationals of enemy states. Germans and Italian nationals were also interned and one third of the Japanese were foreign nationals. The others might not have gotten interned if the Niihau Incident didn't happen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau_incident

As for the Chinese, there were 5,000 Chinese in California in 1850. By 1860, that went to 35,000. By 1870, there were 75,000 Chinese in California and made up 10% of the population. Didn't take a genius to see where that trend was heading. The population of the entire US in 1870 was 50 million. The population of China was somewhere between 250 and 400 million. Something had to change otherwise one could foresee a loss of sovereignty due to Chinese colonization.

I too find it annoying too, its like they don't even really view themselves as American. I don't refer to my self as a British American, Only American.

My identity isn't based only on race, cuz if that was the case I wouldn't identify more strongly with being Hong Konger-American (I only say Chinese-American cuz I don't have to explain).

Also, non-asian americans do this too. I hear people call themselves Italian-American, Mexican-American, African-American, Irish-American, Jewish-American as well. Even Chicano. I'm being American with the hyphenated identity.

I never said you did. I said your mentality and atittude is similar to other chinese-americans who feels the need to assert how chinese they are. And im saying chinese nationals dont give a fuck about their country. But you? Your loyalty stems from you being american except you project all your american values onto your ancestral background. Im saying youre a chinese weeaboo with a chinese face.

Exactly it's people like him that are threatening the national sovereignty of the country they grew in. And you wonder why they are the perpetual foreigner. Pull a reverse in China and see how you get treated

No, my parents encouraged me to give up this identity and enter the white world.

I AM AMERICAN, unless you want me to write in 中文。

Disclaimer: 我的中文不好。 But it's about the same as my uneducated grandparents were able to get.

congratulations you have an australian passport

Dw. More and more mainlanders are travelling to the west. The chinese-americans will see how different and not so chinese they really are once they come across mainlanders in america.
Eventually, after 3 more generations from now, chinese americans and other east asian americans will realise how fucking embarrassingly stupid to call themselves the name of their ethnic background as opposed to saying american

it's because america is not loyal to the british crown

You're embarrassing. Stop being such a weeb writing chinese to me. Do not type to me in chinese just because we share the same ancestral background. That cringy bullshit is autistic as fuck. It's like african-americans for calling out other african-africans for not fulfilling the preconceived role.
The only reason you get away without being outed as a weeb is because america still calls you a chinese as opposed to american.
Dont act like we're chinese just because we both share the same face. You keep that cringy shit to yourself.

I remember one time bought chinese takeaway food for lunch after class and this ABC walked past me like the typical weird ABC autist and said "asian foooood" i can tell what he was hinting at was "oh yeah man, we're so asian. We're alike. We have common ground. We have unspoken bond" i just looked at him and he walked off and that was that. And guess what, one of the mainlander student walked out and he didnt say a single thing about le "asian food". It's always these autistic ABCs that feels the need to assert and remind their clique and circlejerk how "chinese" they are. And im glad the mainlanders are coming to show these faux chinese-americans how ridiculous they are. Just like the guidos to real italians.

Pic related. Thats how you are perceived by the chinese. You chink weeb

>
lel

What I see is someone trying to make a connection with you and you being all triggered and shit.

In the end of the day, the diaspora will decide what we will be called and no one else has any say in it. So while you act all high and mighty, I'm going to listen to Wang Leehom, learn 廣東話, drink coke, and go to Disneyland :3

I think it's just a cultural difference but I can relate, I so often get misunderstood as a person who fully and fluently understands Chinese.

From quora.com/What-do-mainland-Chinese-people-think-of-Chinese-Americans

Pic very relevant
>are native Chinese actually the ones who are breaking all the stereotypes instead of those ABCs?
Who do you think is bringing on the "chinese people are rich" stereotype to america? ABCs? Lmao no.

Yeah its a cultural difference in that you grew up Australian and they grew up chinese. The only thing that makes you vaguely chinese aside from your shared blood is that you were raised by chinese parents and even then guess what? Your parents were socially frozen in time because they left china at year xxxx and never progressed with china ever again.

And thats what bothers me. You trying to make a connection just because we both share the same ancestry. People like you take liberty in treat people who looks chinese but actually grew up in the west as a chinese. And you have no right to do that, a tually you can do that but its so cringy and autistic because you're not even a proper chinese compared to the chinese from china, hong kong.

Youre just an american of chinese descent. You are nor chinese. You trying to make that "special connection", those kind of actions irl is why segregation happens.

Another story, i was late for my job provider appointment. My consultant called my mum about me being late and said she will let me off the hook because we're all chinese here. That's what she said. She thought she was doing me a favour. I can tell she came to Australia like 20 years ago. No mainlander who comes to Australia today would do this kind of shit. The consultant then said she'll send my appointment letter to my mum so my mum can remind me to go there earlier. My new residential address that i do not wish my mum to find out is on the appointment letter and she takes liverty to send my mum a copy because of old chinese tribalism. People like her is why segregation happens and it perpetuates into people like you.i bet your parents are fiercely prideful hong kongers. Dont bullshit around like your parents want you to be more white.

>I refer to and as and feel American.
>Sup Forumstards popsup and screeches, "Something something you aren't white, so you're not American! Something something haplogroups mtDNA, something something Imaginary Aryan Race!"

Ofc shit like this happen when ppl segregate based on race. Whats your point?

Democrates need identity politics because their platform is built on victimhood. Unless they have a strong base of oppressed people they will cease to exit. So people must be separated in to groups so they are weakened and can be attacked individually. Its much harder to attack 320 million Americans. But sure is easy to keep 80 million black Americans in poverty.

In Canada they don't even bother with saying they are a______ Canadian. they drop the Canadian part, it goes for shit hole European countries as well

Bro your eyes are so ugly and your whole face just makes me want to vomit incessentaly.

Sounds like you need to Man the fuck up and accept that your ancestry.

I accept it already you stupid labelling american. What i dont accept is ethnics who grew up in the west and identify themselves solely as their ethnic background.

Accept my ancestry as you say, i am of Chinese ancestry but i am not chinese. I understand you people are heavilfixated on race so what im saying actually perplexes you

I accept it already you stupid labelling american. What i dont accept is ethnics who grew up in the west and identify themselves solely as their ethnic background.

Accept my ancestry as you say, i am of Chinese ancestry but i am not chinese. I understand you people are heavilfixated on race so what im saying actually perplexes you

You do feel the need to waste time here though
Just accept your parents proposal and go back to china to live with your grandparents already instead of sucking up welfare like a leech here chang

Who could blame them these days? It's not like being Canadian is something to boast about.

so WHEN THE FUCK are you being sent back to China? You keep posting this shit over and over, you are severely mentally ill m8.

>you are severely mentally ill m8.
Most chinks are. Anyone who has been to China can tell you this is an irrefutable fact.

Lots of Chinese here, the ones I interact with seem fairly normal. I think they might be here to escape China though.

Literally
>Outlander, what do you want?
in real life

Nisem is the caramel of Sup Forums

Sent back?

Him getting sent back to China to live with the parents is a shitpost he's been posting for over a year to gain attention

However he is mentally ill being he's posted his nude body online and spent 30k to get cucked

I always wondered this with Blacks. They call themselves African-American but, they are as far from African as you can get. Why do they not just go by Black American or even just American? Why do they have to act like they are still a part of Africa?

American individualism. You people are obsessed with self labelling

by daddy

>and spent 30k to get cucked
seriously?

And I think that's stupid. Why is it such a big deal? I get we all came from somewhere but so what?

Tell me Ausbro why are we Americans like this?!

Not true.

despite America being >56%, traditionally americans are seen as white, more specifically English, Scots-Irish background

certain groups will always be hyphenated americans no matter how long they been there

You do realise the chinese americans that grew up in the city will always side with china if this doesn't change, right?

Americans interned the Japanese during WW2 for Pearl Harbour and discriminated against Germans
it's just how things are sadly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shut up chink

I'm not chink, just saying

Good thing there is not some asshole that can identify people using their photo and the date the passport was released, that would suck

I actually already gotten doxxed once. He tried to fuck with me one night while i was shitposting as per usual. Little does he know i am trained in 7 deadly arts lf unarmed combat. I wont go into specific but let's just say im a dangerous man.

Let this be a warning to everyone who's considering doxxing me, i will not hold back.

Then you're essentially a fucked up group despised by both countries