Civic nationalism isn't the best nationalism

>civic nationalism isn't the best nationalism

Why can't you get along with other people?
We even have an Italian part in our country and we get along just fine.

Agreed.

Nationalism is a great tool for nation building, but every criticism of nationalism surrounds either ethnonationalism or authoritarian nationalism.

Civic nationalism to me simply means accepting the modern, western system as an extremely well developed legal system.

>we get along so well
>so well that each ethnic group demanded to have its own separate region

>Why can't you get along with other people?
>niggers
>people

Bump

Yea when your sons are beaten half to death in school and your daughters are raped because of the color of their skin come back and tell me how great civic nationalism is

What is history?

No one demands different regions for themselves... That's just how it historically developed. We chose to be a single country is despite that is what counts

You are forgetting the nationalism part. You know, where the government should have an active role in promoting a national identity and ideals. So they don't feel different cause of the color of their skin.

Except that this isn't legal in the real western legal system we're proud of, where equality before the law means anyone who rapes my daughter, regardless of colour, would be arrested.

Civic nationalism wins again.

>Switzerland is atypical in its successful political integration of a multiethnic and multilingual populace, and is often cited as a model for new efforts at creating unification, as in the European Union's frequent invocation of the Swiss Confederate model.[10] Because the various populations of Switzerland share language, ethnicity, and religion not with each other but with the major European powers between whom Switzerland during the modern history of Europe found itself positioned, a policy of domestic plurality in conjunction with international neutrality became a matter of self-preservation.[11] Consequently, the Swiss elites during the period of the formation of nation states throughout Europe did not attempt to impose a national language or a nationalism based on ethnicity, instead pushing for the creation of a civic nation grounded in democratic ideology, common political institutions, and shared political ritual. Political allegiance and patriotism was directed towards the cantons, not the federal level, where a spirit of rivalry and competition rather than unity prevailed. C. G. Jung advanced the view that this system of social order was one of a "chronic state of mitigated civil war" which put Switzerland ahead of the world in a civilizatory process of "introverting" warlike aggression.[12]

>That's just how it historically developed. We chose to be a single country is despite that is what counts

Switzerland was never a nation state. It was a confederation of cantons formed out of political necessity. Learn your own history dipshit

>Why can't you get along with other people?

Because those people are third world subhumans.

I never wrote nation state. I wrote nation, a country. A federation is a form country. Where you ase a group decide to work together, that includes how to deal with outside powers.

>So they don't feel different cause of the color of their skin
>implying the government can change that

As soon as Trump got elected, someone here said civic nationalism was going to be (((their))) new subversion tactic. Globalism through civic nationalism.

They didn't choose shit, as I said it was political necessity and coincidence that allowed Switzerland to exist

I don't really mind globalism if I have my border, my laws, and my way of life. And its distinctly different from the next, and I can force anyone who wants to come here to live by it.

Lol, so the many times we BTFO'd foreign powers trying to tax us is nothing? That's like saying the US is only existing cause England let them.

>Implying north Italiens and Italiens would be the same people

Mein Neger.

>I don't really mind globalism if I have my border, my laws, and my way of life

Easy for you to say, you're not even a real county. You're just the evil base of the NWO.

A FUCKING MED KIT

>chronic state of mitigated civil war
Hey we had that too, only at some point it stopped being mitigated and started being actual.

Checked and checkem
hey chocolate maker why don't you shut th fuck up and go make some chocolate. Reeeeeeeeeeeee

>looks at family unit
>bonds over shared blood, soil and experiences

>looks at civilization, the logical extrapolation of family dynamics
>shared soil and experiences are enough for this colossal endeavor, who needs blood?

Civic Nationalism is literally the "my wife's son" of civilization.
That is why you are called CivCucks.

30 years from now your kind will be talking about how real civic nationalism has never been tried while your 13 year old grand daughter screams in pain birthing Jamal's fifth rape baby.
Things will be very different then, but you'll still be a retard.

listen to this foliage, he speaks the truth

Civic natiolanism could work, but only under extreme vetting with a strong foundation in race realism. You can't just expect EVERYBODY to hold a set of values equally just by meming it on the streets hard enough. Yes, some minorities can hold the mantle and yes some Whites are backstabbing scum that deserve helicopter rides. However, in the context of Western society, you bet your ass Whites will grasp it better by a larger margin by minorities.

You can just fuck with the demigraphics so hard and expect good results every time.

That's because they're all white. The US worked great as a multi-ethnic, but monoracial country.

Because despite the memes we are not niggers. We don't outbreed other groups and we don't massively leech off welfare while committing violent crime.
Add an African canton to the equation and see how well that goes

What these men said

The Swiss system only works if the following things are given
> subsidarity
> federalism
> regionalism
> "tax competition"
> direct democracy

It's a mircale that it works. But somehow it does. As Dürrenmatt said, Switzerland is an ongoing experiment that doesen't need to be aborted.