Absolutely pathological

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A6g_geYeL4U
youtube.com/watch?v=0VwG6oaFxJs
youtu.be/RLUgZhLJCHk?t=2148
youtube.com/watch?v=i7WkB4mDEgE
youtube.com/watch?v=q0O8Jw6grro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guy is beyond based. Seriously. Was listening to his lectures last night.

I agree, what did you watch?

His advice is really helping me get through a rough spot right now, nothing but respect and gratitude to this man

I've been watching his lectures on all kinds of subjects during this week. They challenge me, they make me expand my thinking, it's great. I have always been the creative, emotional type of guy, but Jordan is giving a name and a label to every value I wanted so bad.

Orderliness, manliness, rationality, it's all in me, I just didn't know how to look for it.

How do you action telling the truth if you have been lying to yourself and others all your life?

I think ive listened to all of his lectures, I also re-listen cause i need something in the background when im working out.

Yeah he is a good bloke. I started reading some of the books he recommended and fuck me it is changing me into a better man already. Gulag Archipelago is a fucking red pill that has me going to bed in tears some nights. The law of Sup Forums is to not blink and to stare into the abyss - I think Peterson has done so.

meh

hes ok

post your best peterson memes

However sound Peterson's psychological advice can be (and often is), his undermining of cause-effect reasoning because "muh synchronicity" is spoopy magic bullshit. If he pathologised a defence of the material reality of Jungian archetypes in purely anthropological terms (which, to be fair, Mircea Eliade argues, whom Peterson includes in his Psychology lecture series) he could make a philosophically materialist case, but at his core he's open to the same criticism Russell levelled at Hegel - the conclusions preceded the reasoning, even if the reasoning and conclusions are to some extent true.

That's really great to hear, always know that you're not alone
Yeah it really feels like his "philosophy" (I'm not sure if I can call it that way) just lets you see the world in whole new dimensions that you didn't even know existed
>The law of Sup Forums is to not blink and to stare into the abyss
True, and remember that you grow stronger by doing it

I thoroughly enjoy his lectures

I'm a psychology student currently, and I enjoy learning from professionals.

I enjoy listening to his lectures on behaviour, mental disorders, developmental psychology and social psychology.

I also like his social commentary, given that it's actually somewhat grounded in reality.

TFW Mr. P recommends reading beyond good and evil to stop me from being a Nazi but instead ignights my will to power inspiring me get into politics and establish a white ethnostate.

I want to read gulag archipelago, but I'm afraid, senpai. What do, what makes it such a hard read?

>what makes it such a hard read?
That you're a communist

Peterson's endorsement of Nietzsche seems pretty counter-intuitive given that his main principle is meant to be opposition to totalitarianism in all its forms. It's proof that he is at least partially a Romanticist in the old sense, even if he's very Kantian.

Peterson is the only teacher I'd willingly step into a classroom again for.
Good thing he's using the technology of the Information Age how it's supposed to be used.

rate his daughter

It will be different for every person but Solzhenitsyn set it up where I literally wanted to murder any and all Marxists - such was the hatred I had for them in the stories he relates and then in another chapter he shows how the evil is in each of us and that my murderous thoughts against the left were evil too. this quote was well placed in the book:

“If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?”

I am only half way through but already it has made me red piled to the left and moral ideologies - I fear them more but I also have learned a lot more about people, politics and myself- it is a rare book that can do that. I recommend it but it will be like a Dostoevsky book: potentially hard to digest, haunting, but you will come out of it changed for the better with no regrets.

OY VEY

Damn - I would date her. Good gene I could make the quizat haderach from her line.

The little girl who refuses to give up her mother's crucifix around her neck.

I died

Thanks to Peterson I reduced my laziness dramatically. I help my wife clean, i wake up early, doing online excel and coding courses, I even learned proper touch typing. I havent even had a drink in 7 months. Even last night I went out with a friends and I resisted liquor right in front of me. I also started his reading list. Ive been through Gulag, wigan pier, brave new world, and now Im halfway through the brothers karamazov.

Its crazy how little improvements makes your whole life more organized. Through hard work Im helping out my family while my father is dying.

youtube.com/watch?v=A6g_geYeL4U

Her and her father both suffer from debilitating depression. She eats only chicken and greens for every meal because her food intolerance is so bad.

>he raised a feminist libshit
>this is why he's so mad all the time

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

QT

I'd be too embarrassed and fearful to have Jordan Peterson as my father in law though

Holy shit this thread is so fucking gay, you should all commit suicide pronto

I don't know anything about this guy. Apparently some academic. But I saw a picture of him having the body language of a total nigger. Not going to ever listen to anything he says.

can you compete with this alpha chad?

No one cares, ahmed. Your complaint is about as stupid as one would expect from a fucking arab.

"Heaven is a Kingdom and hell is a democracy".

That quote really fucked me up, can't wait for a Peterson led military Junta to sweep through North America and Europe.

Can someone post JP vids about Venerating the Father? I've watched many clips of him now and never heard him mention this once. I must be redpilled on how to rescue my father

In the most recent episode of his bible lectures he mentioned that his son is very lucky and opportunities just present themselfes to him while his daughter has one catastrophy happen to her after another

Now I think it isn't self evident whether she's a marxist because she's a victim of fate or whether it's the other way around

Religion lectures
t. Agnostic

Yeah I can. But I don't want her anyway after seeing that vid. He can have her depressed ass with weird diet food issues and I will get me a normal one.

topkek good choice

>mfw anons haven't sorted themselves out yet

>being this much of a Freudian Odeapial archetype

Listening to his lecture "Beyond Marxism and Postmodernism" right now.
youtube.com/watch?v=0VwG6oaFxJs

i second this can someone explain the rescue your father point ? would be greatly appreciated

I believe you

Starting my sorting tomorrow. Wish me luck, lads.

Kek, haven't seen that one before.

>first date

Nice get

I'm not sure where I've watched this but I think it's an analogy about tradition and how the west is increasingly rejecting its traditions and needs to save them from the chaos that's represented by the underworld or else it will perish in the belly of the whale

For those interested in mythology and society, I suggest researching Joseph Campbell's work. They share similar views on these kind of topics.

>youtu.be/RLUgZhLJCHk?t=2148

It's a central theme of most great myths. In Maps of Meaning he goes over Horus and Osiris. Osiris is the old king and he was great when he was young, but in his old age he became blind to the problems of the world. His son, Horus, was a mighty warrior with keen vision.

Osiris is murdered by his brother and it's up to Horas to descend into the underworld and rescue his blind father.

It's an allegory for putting away your childhood and saving what you can from your father's culture while applying your youthful vision to save it(Horas gives Osiris one of his eyes). It's a process that every generation has to go through to continue the traditions of our culture.

Good stuff m8. I like stories like that! Keep it up.

Godspeed

youtube.com/watch?v=i7WkB4mDEgE

Um guys?

Well me personally, I LOVE Jordan Peterson. In fact I'd like to take this opportunity to mention our sponsor, Sortingbox. And what Sortingbox basically is, is you pay Jordan a low sum every month, about um, 40,000 dollars monthly, and in exchange you'll get a collection of little self-help advice sent to you.
I mean it's all stuff you can find in cheap 99 cent self-help books at your local thrift store, or in fortune cookies at your local Chinese restaurant, but really it's more about the EXPERIENCE.

Does anyone know his stance on marrying outside your race? I'm about to get serious with Asian gf, but I can't be fucked to dig.

Fuck off with this pseud
Doesn't he realize that his "answer" to post-modernism, is post-modernist in itself? He literally just riffs Camus about why you shouldn't be reading Camus.

itd be fun to argue philosophy with him
i wonder what his stance is on race mixing

Very rough summery: The father is culture. Culture is dead by definition, every generation must resurrect it for it to continue. There's a lot more too it than that, but I don't actually have any videos to hand where he goes into it in detail. He does tend to talk about it early on in each year of his Maps of Meaning lectures, though.

can I have a quick rundown on these cards?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on "rescue your father"?

He offers good psychiatric and psychological advice on improving yourself and your life.

However, his political views, specifically his understanding of the second-world ideologies is at a level of an indoctrinated child who's been told scary stories of a boogeyman living behind the Iron Curtain. He repeatedly summarizes his understanding of how life was in the "other camp" as something of a hell on earth, as a ruination of every principle that holds the human psyche together, and doesn't bother to educate himself on how it actually worked.

kek i fucking love those

Elaborate or fuck off.

>He made a false enemy and called it postmodernism like abstract ideas spread by themselves,didn't point who's will was to undermine western civilization substances,pivoting and fogging who the real enemy is.

It's really funny how people fall for this shit. Let's just break it down quickly:

On one side, you have the entire propaganda machine - media, education, corporations, government. This machine can propagate ideas and drill them into people's minds in literally every aspect of life, they are on every level, conscious and subconscious, from laws to advertisements to texbooks to unspoken social rules. This side has unlimited resources because it takes money from you to do it.

On the other side, you have someone trying to convince people that this can be fought by logical discourse and rebutting each and every single point you're bombarded with 24/7, with your limited resources and time (both of which you have to spend to even live).

Doesn't it sound ridiculous?

You should really try to get a consensus on the culture the child is being raised with because having a father that teaches it his culture and a mother that teaches him a completely different culture can result in identity issues later on

not one of you cucks are capable of defending pragmatism, i dare you

well our culture is not just dead but infested with aids, skull fuckt by niggers and thrown into the deepest ocean

I read hero with 1000 faces recently and it along with Jung are pretty damn good. Imho Archetypes are indispensable to self actualization and finding meaning and becoming a psychologically healthy person. They are even more powerful now because they are being systematically destroyed or rather de-storied by the degenerate left right now so in a round about way their power in your everyday life becomes greater and they can be used to greater extent as aids through trauma or everyday life.

He is too rational, like Ron Paul was/is. So people wont take him seriously.

Is he our guy?

>Have daughter
>is feminist SJW
>Becomes a hero to slay the dragon who has hypnotized his daughter
>TFW when you realize this is personal to him.

Is he referring to tyranny of the majority, or is this deeper than I'm understanding?

> into the deepest ocean

With bricks attached

How can you be so racist? Go clean your room.

his daughter isnt a sjw, you dingus

The biblical series is great. I think it will be his best work

She is pretty, but she needs to sort her hair out.

What's Peteson's basic breakdown of "post-modernism" (really nothing more than an ideological straw man of a historical era's vaguely related concepts)?
That they want to deconstruct and question everything-- which Peterson mistakes for destroying, that they want to get rid of morality, that they're godless, classless nihilists who, by their very nature, hold the western world and culture in contempt.

So he does a couple things here, a) he mistakes post-modernism for existentialism, b) he mistakes existentialism for nihilism, c) he mistakes deconstruction for destruction, and d) mistakes subjectivity for lawlessness.

What's Peterson's answer to existentialism? "Sort yourself out, clean your room" i.e. Forget that life is meaningless and forge your own meaning in spite of "post-modernist" phil/culture. This is fucking Camus, this is post-modernism. Worst of all, he doesn't do very much to explain WHY they believe these things, or HOW post-modernism began in the first place, but instead forms a boogeyman just to shut down.

oh my god thank you so much

I have been waiting for the opportunity to arise to post this.

>t. Son who hasnt venerated his father

>pathological
How does nor having a jp thread make it pathological?
Are you using words you just heard and place them wherever you want?
That's not how it works...
I don't think you know what that word means.

Stahp!

You can have it friend.

Pick one
>not SJW
>Purple hair

>it has fur
>it must be a dog

she has a severe depression just like Jordan and I think she has arthritis as well

ch ec ked

Saved pic
Sweetie memes make me laugh.

I don't like Peterson because he constantly contradicts himself by fervently preaching about the supposed importance of striving toward goals that reduce suffering, yet he simultaneously promotes having children.

having children is short term sacrifice vs long term reward
you seem r selected

>walks like a duck
>quacks like a duck
Must be a tiger

Confirmed for not having children.

One of the biggest criticisms I have with him is that he so desperately wants to be a Christian but isn't. He even talks about it and uses and chance to delay the inevitable to talk about if he believes that Christ is Divine and literally rose from the dead.
He even says, it all falls apart if you don't beleive it. I sense he has read a lot of Gnostic works and is very conflicted. Being at Harvard certainly didn't help him out.
World is very close to coming to a Holy war, where true Christians will be persecuted under all that follow the Gnosotic principles of Lucifer and other False Religions.
youtube.com/watch?v=q0O8Jw6grro

Golly gee I wonder what personal problem you have.

> Continuing your race.
> Not the happiest moment of your life.

Get out, you Jew.

The man's a pseudo pop philosopher who should stick to psychology, don't expect him to be a theologian.