Other urls found in this thread:

blakefallconroy.com/18.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ovo6zwv6DX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I deserve more of other people's money
ahaha sure pedro. You have to go back.

tru

It's 11 dollars now

Would it be worth turning the crank for $25/hour? No, because it's fucking mind numbing. Retarded art piece.

Reminder that it's not the minimum wage that needs to be raised, it's the money itself that needs to be fixed.

Just crank it faster than other people and essentially work harder than you get more than someone turning it at a casual pace

More of an argument to work harder than to be a lazy piece of trash who would use this in an argument

8 hours of non-stop cranking is pretty hard. I doubt there's something as difficult.

Jobs tend to be much less mind numbing than just turning a crank
And nobody works at 100% the whole time

>put a motor on it
>scratch my balls while money drops into my pocket
AUTOMATION IS THE FUTURE.

attach an electric drill to the side of the machine.

agreed

>its a retard doesnt understand fiat money and inflation episode

>people work much harder jobs
Fuck no, do you have any idea how tired your arm would get turning that stupid lever all day?
You would probably get a repetitive strain injury.

Why not make something that turns it automatically while you're away?

My solution to this problem goes into the trades sector. With a hack saw I cut the handle off at the bend. Tighten a drill onto the straight bar of the handle. Start drilling. And look at that. With a little technical skill you increased the output of the penny machine to increase your wage. Minimum wage machine is defeated.

>its a Keynesian-monetarist thinks printing paper is the way to prosperity episode

If people REALLY needed that money they would crank the shit out of that machine for HOURS. It's not that turning the crank doesn't pay enough, it's that they don't need the money enough.

>its MUH METALS fags not understanding the importance of liquidity and cash supply episode

If you could actually get money this way then tons of people would be doing it

The most stable periods in financial history have been during Gold standard monetary systems. Since 1971 the global financial system has been a cluster fuck of chaotic events with several huge liquidity drains and velocity crashes. Fiat currency and endless printing does not lead to high liquidity in the long run, evidence has clearly shown that it has lead to some of the biggest liquidity crises.

it's like a real life bitcoin miner that uses your arm instead of your gpu

>The most stable periods in financial history have been during Gold standard monetary systems

If you want go back to walking behind the ass of an ox and paying your liege lord in greain(dont forget the church tax too!) then be my guest.

> Since 1971 the global financial system has been a cluster fuck of chaotic events with several huge liquidity drains and velocity crashes.

It was like that since forever.

I would cycle that on all my downtime
I may be of jewish blood

It's almost as if someone wants it that way...

>tie crank down
>go play videogames

Wooow

>If you want go back to walking behind the ass of an ox and paying your liege lord in greain(dont forget the church tax too!) then be my guest.
You clearly don't understand the Gold standard.

>It was like that since forever.
Nonsense. Fiat currency systems always lead to excessive debt (it's inherent to the system) which inevitably becomes a systemic crisis due to the requirement for low interest rates and high inflation to prevent the service payments from becoming large enough to bankrupt the whole system. This in turn destroys the middle class which leads to a systemic collapse anyway. No fiat currency has ever survived throughout history, they've all returned to their inherent value - zero. Today will be no different.

The device would be a lot more realist if the user had to push a button every 10 seconds or so in order to make a few pennies fall in a cup. The idea of a minimum wage machine is interesting but most jobs do not consist of constant physical exertion with a single muscle group.

Yeah dude, its almost like people want to live in capitalism, not some communist wonderland or primitve feudalism.

>f-fiat c-c-currency will f-fall!

And this guy goes full marxist.

>was on €14 p/h
>nearly killed myself because it was a soul destroying job
>now on €6.53 p/h
>not bothered because I love my job

It ain't about the money folks

Kek

Obviously there is a mechanism to control the speed, it's not a linear relationship between input and output. It has to dispense at 1c/4.97 seconds regardless of input speed. My guess is a torque-limiting coupling.

Or it is linear. After all, this is an art piece we're talking about.

>the conclusion is "so gibsmemore"
>rather than being "shit I better work hard so I don't end up stuck this way my whole life and vote for parties that ensure there's a fair way to move up the ladder"

This is why society is broken

Big if true

>Everyone discusses my art and pretends to understand, as if it were necessary to understand, when it is simply necessary to love. -Claude Monet
Why the fuck does art have to be a political statement its art not media low iq cucks

I completely agree that it's not about the money.
But €6.53 p/h? That's a bit shy of minimum wage here

Mate you're nuts. I'm as Libertarian and pro free-markets as one can get, if you think a Gold standard is "communist" then you need evaluation. Fiat currency will fail, keep denying all you like, thinking "this time is different" has never worked out in finance.

At $15 an hour you get 2 pennies. Still seems like nothing.

Anyone whose held a steady job for 6+ months fucking hates the wage increase protestors.

How the fuck can you be such an unstable burnout loser that you can't hold a job long enough to get a wage increase past min wage.

I started at $13.40 3 years ago and am now making $20.23.

Just kidding, it's all electronically controlled
blakefallconroy.com/18.html

yup. i wannit NOW, fuck the consequences

Joys of an apprenticeship. Only for the first year, goes up every year after that.

Wait I am missing some maths?

$7.25÷60 min = approx $0.12/hour

>Implying minimum wage jobs aren't mind numbing

you should be getting 12 pennies each MINUTE
and you do, 1 penny every 5 seconds x 12 = 60 seconds

This is exactly what I thought. Your arm would likely start getting tired after the first 15-30 minutes. It's a lot of continuous physical exertion and it's definitely not ergonomic to be repeating the same motion for 8 hours a day, even if you're frequently switching crank arms.

Honestly, cranking for 8 hours should get you hazard pay.

60x60/4.97/100=Dollars Per Hour

>Put machine out on a corner of NYC
>Three hours later some niggers smash it open and steal the pennies
>Even better social commentary is made

im sure you get way more social benefits and experience from a job than turning a lever

What i dont get is... if they think the job is paying bad why dont they get a new one instead of bitching about it.

Wagecucks getting angry.

ac started working again forget NYC.

youtube.com/watch?v=ovo6zwv6DX4

Ignoring all the other obvious bullshit with this example, turning that crank continously would be one of the hardest jobs possible. Most jobs you only actually work part of the time and your mind is occupied by working.

>nearly 2 million
you wish it were that few

How long is the line of retired Jewish lawyers behind that art exhibit now?

this

$10/hr does seem a bit much.

Because most raises are minimal at best, .25-.50 increments per year

Because all the jobs in their tier have been so devalued that it only makes sense to work the job that requires the least amount of work for the same pay as someone killing themselves

>at best, .25-.50 increments per year
And that's if some wasp-y bitch with with short hair and children that hate her doesn't come in and ream your boss because you didn't smile enough while helping her.

Perhaps if the 2 million people in NYC actually put effort in in school and didn't study some shit like gender studies, nobody would be at the minimum wage. Whoever works at that money is fucking deserving.

You're exactly right, you'd get tons of people cranking that damn handle.

Also the picture says "normal jobs are WAY harder than turning a handle" but I completely disagree. I have worked minimum wage jobs and they provide lots of variety and you learn lots of valuable working skills which you can use later on. Personal interaction skills, understanding business processes, showing that you can work as part of a team, showing that you can take initiative, all this stuff.

Also in a lot of min. wage jobs (like the ones I worked) you are standing around a lot of the time. Although personally I always tried to fill this time with odd jobs, because I was a bit of a kiss-ass in those days, always desperate to look better than my colleagues. But yeah.

The person who made the OP pic is a fucking moron.

no, is absolutely correct. inflation has destroyed the value of a dollar and completely neutered the minimum wage law. However raising minimum wage is doing nothing more than kicking the can down the road. inflation will still lead to the exact same crap in a few years time. as devastating as it would be to our economy in the short term, we need to return to the gold standard.

Exactly right. The picture preposterously says that real min. wage jobs are harder, but that's total BULLSHIT.

I worked in a few shops and a couple of cafes. There's lots of variety and it's not very physically taxing at all. Sure you're on your feet for 8 hours so I guess it does tire out your legs and back a little bit, but it's seriously not that fucking bad. I used to stand behind the till basically all day, leaning on the counter, just staring out the window if it wasn't busy.

I would build a machine that would turn the crank. Than I would build more machines with the money made and operate multiple machines in the same time making me rich in the process.

There's no way it's $7.25 right now. I'm 18 and worked minimum wage for my first three jobs, and it was $8.25/hr, and I live in the south.

Also, if you're my age and need a job that pays more, go talk to a landscaper, carpenter, or other manual labor job. I worked all of last summer for a lanscaper and made close to $8k, and was able to invest in my second business venture, which is currently paying for my college.

There are more than a few ways up. Just be smart.

>Just be smart
Some people don't have that option.

Problem solved

It is $7.25 right now

Pretty easy to save money when you've little to no real responsibility and are still living at home.
You say "just be smart" like that was the deciding factor when it's really that you're not living paycheck to paycheck like most adults at minimum wage.

Agreed OP. The appropriate minimum wage is of course whatever the worker in question voluntarily agrees to work for.

>a simple, yet effective argument for raising the minimum wage.
So I suppose a simple, yet effective argument against raising the minimum wage would be to put a machine up with the same description, but that actually releases one penny every 2 seconds and point out afterwards that people weren't a lot more eager to stand there and crank it?

Nobody wants to stand in public looking like a desperately poor idiot for an awkward handful of pennies.

natural selection at its finest

I pushed a lawnmower for more than a year, saved up(after paying for basic bills) to buy an apparel printer, and built a site in wordpress to custom print esports jerseys. I used connections from my first venture when I was 15(youtube subnetwork) to get sponsorships and people to wear my jerseys/sweatshirts/shit like that.

Since then I've paid my parents back for four years of private high school, bought myself a car, and am paying my college tuition starting in august.

I found a niche, did my research, and used what I knew to take advantage of it, and did what was necessary to make it happen.

You're right, I did have the safety net of parents during that time. However, Minimum wage jobs were never meant to be a career. Learn a skill or fuck off.

Also want to point out that I was never expected to live at home past high school; while parents certainly aren't hurting for money, it has been clear since I was young that I would always make my own money. They are VERY serious about making me pay for anything that I needed, apart from food and other basic shit, but money for anything else, from clothes to a bed, has always been something I've purchased myself.

That's because americans think they need 1000 commodities to live, if you just spent money on basic things to live and saved up the rest...

Russians would fuck that machine up

All of which would've been impossible in the same time frame at minimum wage on your own.
I'm happy for your success but people don't take minimum wage jobs because they're easy or that they want to; they're locked in by a necessity to eat and to survive with much of their excess going towards creature comforts to keep from blowing their brains out.

I'm currently saving to put myself through a technical course and it's very slow-going when 90% of my money goes towards bills.

If they have to tell you that an art piece is brilliant, then it's probably not brilliant.

>Without a doubt, most people who started operating the machine for fun would quickly grow disheartened and stop when realizing just how little fun they're having by turning this mindless crank. Unemployed people who genuinely need an income, on the other hand, are not given access because their behavior might be inconvenient for the artist and the point he wanted to make.

bro u dont even know what youre talking about, you just heard some word from econ class and think u can spout this shit here,stop trying to use big words you fucking retard u dont know shit about Keynesian or monetary policy

Yeah, flipping burgers and dunking fries into grease is sooooooo hard