Anti-depressants

Are they bullshit? Do they actually help? Are anti-depressants a trick to demotivate yourself? If someone is on them, should they stop?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/wFHUN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anti-depressants function as an active placebo, making them slightly better than a sugar pill.
>inb4 ((Kirsch))

Do you really want to fill your system with unnecessary drugs?

I had a friend that was quite older than me that tried all sorts of anti depressants. He was a fucking mess.

just smoke weed my man
it probably wont help since being depress means you are low test low energy beta male
Only thing that can really help is manning the fuck up

>placebo

nah, they actually work, but they fuck you up as in make you dependant for the rest of your life if you use them long enough

Idk once i stole xanax from my gf just to test the effects.

It didn't do anything to me, literally 0 difference.

I've got 8 boxes of amitriptyline stockpiled. Throw in a bottle of vodka and my personal nightmare is over. So yeah 10/10.

pretty much this women are depressed and miserable all the time because they have no testosterone, crazy in the head too

I worked with a psychiatrist, a well respected individual.

His words:
Anti-depressants are pure garbage. Do not help one bit, actually fucks up brain --> like killing a fly with a nuke. Change dose slightly/change drug ---> person falls apart;

IMO, 90% of the psycho shooters are on anti-depressants

>be depressed
>just smoke weed my man lighten up
Literally kill yourself you degenerate leaf.

Pure BS op, they make yoy psichotic, see demons, suicidal, hallucinate, and other issues

just review the side effects of any pill, and see if you are ok with them

>weed
just get up, and out of the house EVERY day op, go to work, treat yourself to something once in a while, and get a good diet.

Potheads and scientology tier conspiracy tards will say they are evil and should be avoided at all costs. Scientists and people who have seen them help some people will say they face the same issue as ADHD meds, overprescribed yet still have a place in helping people. Blue pills will say theres absolutely nothing wrong with them.

>xanax
dipshit, that's not an AD and you should have felt something.
any serotonin crap is utter bs.
bad idea

in general - consult >>/fit/.

I can answer any questions. Lexapro + Wellbutrin daily.

I definitely notice a difference. The latter is more recent, and was added bc lexapro, being an ssri, took some joy out of things while also reducing depression and anxiety. Wellbutrin works by increasing dopamine output, so it replaced the joy that I was losing to the other. I took a break from them for about 2 years, and I definitely noticed myself degrading: daily weed smoking, no commitment to my future (part of the weed smoking), being an antisocial recluse. It all ended in me having to leave college and nearly start from scratch.

Definitely worried about the prospect of total dependency in the long run, but for now I'm social, have a gf, am more assertive, and generally feel in control of my life.

Ask me whatever

failures get depressed.

Winners start to improve their life to feel better by becoming successful.

Loosers will take AD and be happy failures.

>read side effects of antibiotics
Oh shit, i guess we shouldn't take those either!
Fuck off Mary Baker Eddy, just because one person in 10,000 has a weird side effect doesn't mean the others don't get helped.

Listen:

To all affected.

1. You lack a certain neurotransmitter.

2. Depression and inflammation are highly linked.

3. Inflammation (gut) will prohibit nutrition absorbtion and damages BBB.

4. You need to lower inflammation by lifestyle and dietary changes.

5. You need to make sure your get enough of a)Tryptophan, b) Vitamin D3, c) Omega 3 fatty acids, d) Magnesium. These are crucial parts your organism needs in order to make the neurotransmitter.

Conclusion:
Get sun, eat healthy, drink healthy, make sport, especially eat, fat fish and nuts, socialize.

BUT

The most IMPORTANT thing:

Find god. Make peace with yourself.
Your heavenly father is waiting for his lost sheep.

Now that I'm on Prozac I would recommend that you stay off Prozac.

Imagine having no ups and downs in life and becoming complacent with consuming the drug because you're afraid you're going to have more downs than up.

>needing anti-depressants
for fucks sake sort yourself out

If you are worried about total dependance, add in some form of therapy whether seeing a psychologist or reading self help books or self reflection. The chemicals can be balanced by the drugs and make today bearable, but finding a way to deal with the root cause is better for the long run.

lol

Only decent answer in this shitty ass brothread.

>depressed
>told i need to diet to fix it
>try and fail on diet
>even more depressed now

Your answer isn't incorrect, but by itself it shows a complete lack of understanding of those who are depressed. The pills make it possible for the diet to not fail as well as mental/emotional issues to be addressed. Think of it like this: if you break a bone because they are brittle, you don't just start drinking milk to fix the problem. You put a splint/cast on the broken bone, then start drinking milk to fix the underlying problem.

Forgot to mention the talk therapy. Go about once a month when things are good, more when they're not. "Mindfulness" has been the best approach. Basically just becoming literate to your emotions and identifying what makes you depressed and if it's a rational response.

They helped me out.
Something I've seen with people who claim they dont work is that they're given too high of a dosage and they don't do anything else to help with their depression like talk therapy or changing habits that contribute to their depression.
I was on 200mg of Zoloft and it made me feel emotionally numb, but that emotional numbness helped me change a lot of my habits, and therapy helped me from falling back into those destructive habits.
I'm off of it now and doing way better in my life.

i was on ssri for about a year, escitalopram. they helped. instead of being crippled by the depression and anxiety, the pills took away both but didn't replace it with anything. felt a bit like a zombie towards the end, no real emotions or feelings, every day felt like the same, the last few months of the highest dosages are kind of like a haze. but i was a lot more social due to getting over the anxiety (the major issue at the time) and then the depression, so i gained a lot of confidence and started seeing myself in a different light. i've been off them for about two years now, and certainly glad i was helped. i don't think the therapy with my psychiatrist did much though.

Been on them since i've been very young. Never felt a direct difference from taking them. However if i try to gradually stop taking them i eventually start getting negative thoughts and being very rough against myself.

I took prozac before i got off ADs, it didn't make me feel that way at all until it stopped working. Ask you psyche for a different med and start getting therapy

I'm on lexapro and welburtrin combo as well. It's been working great for me so far.

I'm on Escitalopram as well. Some days i feel fine and some days total shit like i feel annoyed by everything. Everything feels difficult, everything feels oppressing. It's awful, and thinking about it makes it ten times more awful.

They work, problem is some seem to only work on some people, so it takes a while to get the right one, and some people get nasty side effects. But both those arnt major problems when you consider that untreated depression is much worse. The problem is that its supposed tobe used only for severse cases, but right now its given out like candy to anyone thats slightly sad.

And for some reason people thing antidepressants cure depression, they dont, they give you just enough of a boost to get out of bed in the mornings so that you can work on fixing the root cause of your depression, but peope are too lazy to do that, and doctors dont seem to want to help so they instead just give meds for years keeping the person in a semi depressed state for ever, when you actually should not take antidepressants for more than 2 years.

>lexapro
Isn't Buproprione enough?
at least you ain't on californian rocket fuel (Venlafaxine & Mirtazapine).

>unable to handle the pressures of 2017 kangaroo kolleges without chemically overclocking your endocrine system

what was paraphrasing spark notes and binge drinking getting too stressful?

>californian rocket fuel (Venlafaxine & Mirtazapine).
I was on that, did know its called californian rocket fuel though.

I was on about 3 other things but none of it work, so eventually I was was put on Venlafaxine & Mirtazapine with some benzodiazepine sprinkled in.

why is it called californian rocket fuel? im not even in californian .

*didnt know its californian rocket fuel

Depends. I mean, it varies from person to person. Some people have said you need to try some different ones before you find one that works. The owner at my old job started taking them. Guess he got the wrong ones, because a few months after he started taking them, he committed suicide.

Verily, verily I tell you brethren you are a very complex cybernetics loop system. There are endless possibilities how you can influence it.
No one said it will be easy to figure it out for yourself. For me it took almost years to get where I am now. Dont expect wonders by dietary changes. Our heavenly father is much more capable of that than the next diet fad.
But dont disregard it either. Food can be medicine. Start somewhere. Fix your organs. Start with the gut. Maybe try fasting, and colon cleansing, then built up your micro biom. Listen to your body what it tells you. The color of your stool, or the smell or your urine can be certain indicators for some conditions. Fix your hormones. Fix your BBB. LOWER INFLAMMATION.

I highly recommend to you not to give up user. There is always hope. And I will pray for you.

I lack the gene marker that makes Bubproprione effective.

>Think of it like this: if you break a bone because they are brittle, you don't just start drinking milk to fix the problem. You put a splint/cast on the broken bone, then start drinking milk to fix the underlying problem.

You dont need milk for brittle bones. You need sunlight and omega 3 fatty acids and MOST important you need to USE your body. Use it or lose it. Our body works axiomatic by the principle of Hormesis. You dont need to fluoride your teeth you need to chew hard things. Easy.

is that a repainted engine lift?

>surely this profitable jewpill will make me feel fine about this gay earth and all the niggerfaggots that overrun it

Can confirm

>t. Cynical fuck with IBD

Zoloft saved my life, my bipolar disorder would have been the death of me

Best post in the thread.

To add: your gut and the flora inside it are proven to have a huge influence on immunity and neuro system, among others. user describes good things and adding fermented foods to that will only help as well. Stay away from antibiotics until you are really desperate. A healthy gut is vital. Unfortunately, studies show that the effect of gut flora is most important at young age, and it is more difficult for older people to later their flora for health benefit.

you have pretty much the opposite reaction i had, weird. cipralex?

I was on anti-depressants for two years. While on them, I gained weight, tried to kill myself, never left the house, stopped showering, stopped shaving, and stopped caring.

After quitting them cold turkey (absolutely horrible month) I got a girlfriend, lost heaps of weight, got a job, started volunteering at my local animal shelter, started playing guitar and started working out.

Anti-depressants are bad. Nobody I know who has ever been on them has had any benefit from them, they just become empty shells of consumption.

Yes it works depending on what exact symptoms you are trying to fix. Was on them for 2 years before I stopped as I did not want to rely on drugs. For me depression severely reduced my will to wake up in the morning. Multiple alarm clocks, 30+ minutes of 5-10 minutes of snooze intervals, did nothing as I just shut them off and went straight back to sleep. Even across the room alarms. After around 3 weeks of prozac, everything worked the first time. First buzzer of the alarm got me off the bed.

Another thing was eating. Never had an appetite while depressed. Prozac fixed that.

Now a year off of prozac, I managed everything on my own, with the help of a dog from keeping me super depressed. It's a bit of a middle ground between super depressed and on meds but it's working for the most part.

Whenever inn depressed it's cause of libs
Trolling me to feel bad about shit.
>le white slave trade
after seeing it was mostly Jewish
Owned boats I feel better even though
my family came here in the 20's.

I am on AD right now, and I want to quit because I know it can't be good for me in the long run. I'm afraid I'm destroying my brain lol

Don't take the jew pill

You should always exercise and eat healthy before you put any sort of medication in your body, whatever psychologists and therapists tell you about anti-depressants just remember they have a quota to fill and you are just another number for them.

ANTI-DEPRESSANTS = CONCENTRATED NIGGER JEW SEMEN FOR AMERICUNTS AND KEKOLDS

EAT UP YOU DEPRESSED FAGGOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fitter than most people
just went for a casual 40km bike ride high as fuck

which one were you on may i ask

don't know why. that combination made me sick, switched to Buproprione. quit everything 6 years ago after changing lifestyle and dumping my then wife.

>some user jerking off in his mom's basement
>professional doctors that went to med school for years and stuff

i know who to trust.

I'm currently in the process of reducing my dosage of Zoloft from 100mg. I'm at 50mg now with two months left until I ultimately am off it completely.

You don't realize the control those things have over you until you go without or until you lower your intake. A couple days off it, you become more irritable, experience more anxiety etc. a week off it the pounding headaches and nausea are enough to put you on your ass. I determined I wasn't going to be that dependent on anything so like I said, I'm going off it completely.

Another factor to consider is getting an ancestry DNA test and sending the raw data to Promethease to decode your genetic predispositions. I have several that make me prone to anxiety and depression. Honestly I use it as motivation. Fight my internal demons, shit like that.

But yeah, my advice: Don't. It compounds the problem.

Don't trust the pharmaceutical Jew

Get testosterone levels checked aswell. Exercise and zinc magnesium supplements help with that

Get off them. I'm incrementally decreasing my dosage of Zoloft with guidance from my doctor. The level of dependency and the physical havoc that shit hits you with is terrifying.

I tried zoloft and paxil. Took better to zoloft (sertraline). It reduced my anxiety, cleared my head and made ideas flow in my head. Ganja also seemed more enjoyable than it would be otherwise. But I ditched the prescription and now I am a miserable lazy shit again. You better off training yourself meditation and that goes for me too.

As someone who's suffered from depression for most of his life I can give you a decent picture.

They help to an extent. Once you find out which out of all the different types (for me it was SSRI's) Then the right kind of that type(Cytalopram/Cylexa) you need to understand it is not a cure. I tried it as a cure and you end up needing higher and higher doses, then feel nothing.

They need to be used as a way to get your head above water so that you can help yourself. Go out more often, go for walks in nature, run, go to the gym, see a councillor, do whatever. Then ween yourself off gradually. Thats what they are there for.

I know plenty of people who see anti depressants as a cure and get cycled of different ones every 6 months are are massive fuck ups. Their brains are damaged, they are beyond help now. It seems like they enjoy, or at least are so used to they feel commutable in self loathing or depression.

Was a pretty accurate post until the cringy god shit. You didn't need to add this, seriously.

this article is pretty interesting: archive.fo/wFHUN
don't reduce w/o your GP.

>le mom's basement maymay

these fags never listen

Take shrooms or 1p-LSD instead of falling for the pharma Jew.

this

why do you think depression and suicide are so common? it is mother natures way of having genetic rejects make place for less worthless creatures.

so here is a radial idea... if you feel like killing yourself... maybe you should?

>(((professional doctors))) that went to (((med school)))

Both wrong. Antidepressants actually are less effective than placebo. Depression is a meme. Every one has radically different brain chemistry. Even the creator of Prozac has come out and denounced it.

The problem is not whether anti-depressents work or not, but mostly for exactly what they are prescribed for.

If you got some quack that's just throwing a bunch of pills to get you out of their office because they just don't want to hear about your problems, then yeah. they aren't going to do shit except get you dependent on them. Sadly, the bleedover does go over to other fields because some psychiatrists are just lazy twats. If a kid is being a rambunctious kid, the so-called doctor just wants to pump he kid so full of drugs that they become mindless little fucking zombies instead of figuring out the root cause(shitty parenting), so what makes us think the same isn't done to adults?

So yeah. if they have a real mental disorder like schizophrenia or an actual chemical imbalance in the brain that causes unexplainable depression,then why take them?

I took antidepressants about 3 months.

Psychiatryst warned that i might feel worse fit week or so.

Well i felt fucking worse Murch worse. And not only week. I had fucking paranoia, it was horrible.

And also constant nausea. Im happy that im off these meds.

I'm only on 50mg of zoloft but damn my ocd disappeared on it and it was pretty damn ocd. I wish I knew about this stuff a long ass time ago.

inb4 teh jooz

Im They do help, he is wrong. Read my post above. He is correct about charging dose or drug though. They need to be very closely regulated. I can see a shooter going on rampage after stopping his meds or changing dose.
psychosis and hallucinations would only happen if you already have a latent mental health condition that would cause that. In that case then yes, that can be triggered.
Like I said in previous post Ive suffered with depression since I was very young. You need diet, exercise and structure in life, not meds.
Use the meds to get into a cycle, get some structure in your life. Get up early, run to gym, work out, run back, eat, shower, work, meet up with friends, come back, eat, read/whatever, sleep rinse and repeat.

I notice it's mostly autistic christards who still push them. Read up on the history of the DSM you dumbfuck.

They literally increase suicidal ideation in people with depression.

So, yes.

Not to mention it fucks up your thyroid forever.

Have they actually been on the shit they prescribe?

I have actual experience with them, not just theory.

I'm going to try weening myself off anti-depressants and onto something more natural like St. John's Wort. I've been on 10mg Escitalopram per day for 2 years. Should I start buy taking half a pill per day or 1 pill every 2 days?

Yeah totally, it acts on a spectrum of symptoms and OCD or obsessive thoughts are in it. I remember even describing it to my councillor that I stopped looping and get over things much quicker. I fucked up by forgetting to take the blisters with me on holiday and when I returned I was too confident that I was past the bullshit. How wrong I was..

This, most "professionals" are Prussian serf sadists who read the brochure and use it"s BS to get rich.

Not an argument nigger. Doctors being intelligent and educated doesn't mean that they don't commit scams.

Retard detected.

tnx for the link. That was pretty depressing to read...

I told my doctor I had insomnia (I do) and she prescribed me a "major" anti-depressant for it. Ambien works amazingly for me, I only need to take it twice a week but nooooooooo, better use the drug that re-writes your brain instead of the one that works.

sorry, but better be informed than eunuch.
Buproprione doesn't have those long lasting effects, all it did was make me angry very fast.

Welp been on antibiotics depressants for a month, and haven't felt this good since I was a child, but reading this thread has got my worried I'll get hooked and only the pills will ever give me happiness

FML

Opps auto correct changed anti to antibiotics

The thing about them is that everyone has a different experience.

If they are working for you, then good, but don't take them forever. You shouldn't take any pharmaceutical forever unless you'll literally die if you don't.

They're a crutch, treat them as such.

i was inb4ing jew apologists

Mirtazapine would be one, at least it's dopaminergic. don't fall for pregabaline either. if I can't sleep: 5mg Clotiapine. yes, that stuff.
this

Why take an antidepressant or anti-psychotic at all though? Ambien works for me wonderfully, all I need.

I understand, thanks mate, need to improve my life while I'm on them to be able to get off of them

I'm pro-marijuana and even I think you are absolutely retarded

>taking anti-depressants
>not self medicating your depression with alcohol, amphetamines, and benzos

You've got the right mindset, you'll get through it.

Just remember that your depression is ultimately conquered by your willpower and your ability to track down the root of WHY (you can't be afraid to ask yourself why, honestly, about every self-sabotaging impulse you have).

You would be my negro two years ago when I was an alcoholic methhead, but in all honesty it just made my depression worse :-):-):-)

>either
None I consider good after having used them.
Clotiapine is hard reset, 5mg is a quarter normal dose. other than Ambien it doesn't just put me off to sleep, it prolongs rest and I'm very relaxed, although a little dumb, the next day.
someone just mentioned acid?

Psilocybin will do you better than any of those.

>someone just mentioned acid?

I wouldn't generally recommend it for depression, depends on the constitution of the person taking it and the environment they take it in, though.