Tiny Houses for Tiny Brains

>be a retarded liberal
>REEEE "Fuck the housing market I'm going to get a tiny house so I can go anywhere!!! LEL"
>Spend 85k on a 150sqft shed

Is there anything more absolutely asinine than tiny houses?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=987&v=zdLAM-wChxY
zillow.com/homedetails/129-Andy-Fox-Ln-Clinton-TN-37716/40789262_zpid/
youtu.be/4lKq1fGtXFM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

killing threads on Sup Forums to bitch about rich kids wasting their money and making themselves extinct

Compact appartments / houses is the future.

muh energy effeciency, muh comfort zones, etc etc.

my appartment is 55 SQM, 2 bedrooms, another 8 SQM storage, 6 SQM balcony.
150 SQFT is like 14 SQM. That's impossible to "live on", there's no surface to put anything, no electronics...

>I just invested a ton of money in the housing market
>im a landlord and trying to raise rent

>Not buying good land
>Not building your own well built, sturdy home
>Not hunting and trapping your own food on your property
>Not leaving the grid behind

I'm a braindead hippie who lives in a tiny house (really just a converted bus but who's keeping score) and I paid like 10k for it, and the lions share of those costs were buying the bus itself. I don't give a shit about Mother Earth, carbon footprints or being "trendy" (in fact I hate those fucking hipsters who spend their trust funds on a goddamn micro-mansion), I just didn't want to rent an apartment/get a mortgage and wanted to downsize.

Mr. Busey? Is that you?

Yeah, fuck people who build their own homes and prefer outdoors.

Millennial dream home.

>85k
why would you spend that much when you could buy a camper new then add solar shit to it?

>Try to do this
>Park rangers find my home
>If they get away they'll report my domicile to the IRS and they'll come with black helicopters for their taxes
>Know that if I discharge my weapon there's no going back
>But don't want to give up my chosen lifestyle

What do you choose Sup Forums?

Why would park rangers hassle you on your own land?

Cor blimey guv'ner. That's a mansion in old blighty. I'd have to work a million bong for that.

It's difficult or next to impossible to find "off the grid" land in the west mountains that isn't also a national park. They patrol via aircraft to find people exactly like off-griders living out of the tax cycle. You can try to get your own land but it won't be off-grid.

not if you're a liberal faggot. i had a buddy trying to tell me how awesome living in a van and going all over the PNW would be. the cancer is everywhere.

Not really.

What these hipsters don't realize is that, eventually, they'll want to be able to lay down flat in their own house, or be able to use the toilet, which is invariably next to or inside the kitchen, without stinking up all five cubic feet of air. And when that day comes NOBODY WILL WANT TO BUY THEIR STUPID TINY HOUSE FROM THEM.

It'll be like a regrettable tattoo. They'll be stuck with it for the rest of their life.

And as an added bonus, housefires in those things are going to be deadly.

A E S T H E T I C

>Fuck people who don't get huge mortgages for their equally large houses in their suburbs

Looks comfy af

all the land is already owned.

It's a bad idea, sure enough; but I don't understand the need to bash it. There are worse liberal traits. Owning and caring for property is an important step in becoming conservative.

The literal reason why they don't is because a camper won't get them likes and upvotes on social media when they take a selfie in front of their home.

85k for a tiny trailer with wood siding

>tfw when white trash understand economics better then liberals

My buddy got 7 acres in New Mexico for 15k, and build a house on it for 5k.

I'm honestly planning to move out there.

If you dont build a tiny house yourself its insanely expensive. Im going to be building one in a year or two and I dont expect to spend more than 6k for more glorified shack.

Youmad? Fight me.

Not in the US. Tiny houses are pretty much a hipster/libtard thing.

>property is an important step in becoming conservative.
They aren't property in the traditional sense. It's like owning an RV...but smaller and that being the only living area you have. It's like living in your car. It's not owning property because these can't be hooked up to the grid like a normal house. They whole point is being able to tow your house around.

Kek

Get on my level.

>Youmad? Fight me.
Not mad. If you can build them great. You'd actually make a killing building them then selling them to idiots.

Tiny house people are too dumb to realize that they are buying something exactly like their grandparents' old travel trailers, but heavier and less roadworthy.

>implying that's the only other option

gas yourself

how do you back up though?

>mfw thinking about how i would put stuff in a tiny house
Conceptually cool but way too expensive because of liberals inability to manage money and niche market.

God damn does it look shitty

tiny houses, cucksheds, and small apartments are all psyops to encourage white people to not have any children.

>roof extended to the front bumper
What do you do when you come to a signal light in this thing?

that nonsensical design user, it hurts my eyes. Why is every window on each wall different? What is with the dormers? Is that a chimney on the second level?

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=987&v=zdLAM-wChxY

Plan route carefully...

Cucksheds and small apartments are a direct result of an increasingly individualist society.

Military groups are sorted by squads and units, so they sleep together in a unit. So their sleeping quarters are in a big barracks.

Indian and Chinese traditionalists are all about dynastic continuity and the family, so they pool their resources for large manors meant to house three/four generations of the family at a time for centuries, or at least until another family manor can be built.

New Yorkers have microapartmen shoeboxes capable of only housing one person because that reflects the zeitgeist of the society they live in.

>Be handyman
>Go to $3,000,000 small town Beach House in Cali
>Talk to liberal owners during job
>"We're moving to San Francisco for the culture"
>Mfw they still are working in their old town an hour away
>Mfw Liberal gives up amazing beach house to live in a tiny 2 BR townhouse and commute 5 days a week

Liberalism, not even once.

because you can buy a real house with land for that price

>3 beds 2 baths 1,600 sqft
>$89,900

>Country roads take you home....basement ranch on 2 acres. Loads of potential in this 3 bedroom, 2 bath cottage with detached garage, two porches, and plenty of country charm. New carpet on main level - 3 bedrooms and bath. Lower level contains kitchen, dining room, office, storage room, and second full bath. Home heated by wood burning stove; no AC.

zillow.com/homedetails/129-Andy-Fox-Ln-Clinton-TN-37716/40789262_zpid/

God mother fuck do I hate these kinds of people, because they have zero sense of proper space management. They'll do token shit like "Oh, the coat rack actually slides out and you can keep your shoes in it!" then immediately add a fucking hot tub on the roof because they "want somewhere they can relax after a long day of work :)".

Worse still is that tiny houses getting popular means anyone actually wanting to build one for money saving/proper downsizing purposes has to slog through pages upon pages of "LOOK AT MY TINY HOUSE IT HAS A FOLD-UP POOL TABLE YAY ENVIRONMENT" bullshit before there's any kind of reasonable basic designs for a small, effective living space.

I miss when tiny houses were just things stupid hippies like me did as a stepping stone to off-the-grid beauty.

I went to school with people who got jobs in silicon valley but moved to sf for the same cultural reasons. They do have corporate shuttles where they can work on the way down, and Saturday/Sunday mornings in the city must be nice. Glad to live far from all that though.

Meanwhile I just purchased a 1500 sqft house and 15 acres of land for $150k

I think it looks cute.

I'm sure Helen Keller would have thought it looked cute as well.

Congrats, how do you feel?

How can anyone feel safe inside a tiny house made of wood that is on wheels? I wouldn't be able to sleep

I don't know man, that looks pretty comfy

its irl minecraft after that point, fuck you anti-tinyhousefags hahaha i built a pizza oven in my yard get gud scrubs

>Pops decides to live in tiny house
>Uses old trailer and leftovers from house renovation
>Occupies time since he likes to build shit
>Moves it to storage since we where moving shit
>Some hipster offers him 33k for it

Why? He built the thing out of boredom and only had 4,000 into it at Max. Are kids these days that inept?

Really it was a neat idea until hipsters got a hold of the idea. (I.e. sacrificing living space to save money and achieve financial independence quicker).

But now they are just overpriced cuck sheds

Pretty fucking good. I have projects to last me awhile with the house and the land to do whatever the fuck I want with.

fpbp

This user's got it.

The point of tiny houses was building a livable shelter on a 10k lot with 15k in materials. Now people are selling them for 80-150k like they're a real house.

I'm looking forward to buying one myself.

>Are kids these days that inept?
Basic electrical and plumbing work is like magic to these people.

There are people who are taking out loans to finance the construction of tiny houses. The fact that this is a real phenomenon simultaneously infuriates and depresses me.

Van homes are the new tiny house. That is until the hipsters catch on and drive the price of used vans up.

Also to add to all this they were also meant to represent the millennial generation getting in touch with forgotten craftsmanship skills while they build it but people are buying them prefabbed now.

Not all acres are equal. Was it cheap because of the hidden cost of importing life into an otherwise uninhabitable tract of desert?

>getting in touch with forgotten craftsmanship skills
And being more in tune with the land around them. A lot of early tiny houses had grey water systems that fed out to gardens so all the excess "dirty water" would water their plants.

This thread sure is spastic."hur dur why build a tiny home its probably not even going to be with in 5km to a mcdonalds"

Where is the bathroom? How do you take your bath?
How much does it cost to maintain the house?
Is it comfy?
Does it bothers you all the noises from the street?

>You'd actually make a killing building them then selling them to idiots
this is actually exactly what im thinking. i have some carpentry experience and have no problem framing out walls and stuff. I need to find some good resources about building them. my major drawbacks are a lack of plumbing and electrical experience.

Mate considering where we live surely you can understand the hate for ridiculously overpriced boxes per sqm?

We already have a disease of subdividing everything to squeeze 350-450sqm duplexes everywhere at stupid prices, mini homes will make it 4x worse until the market crashes.

the reverse gear

>ITT spoiled kids who can't live small and within thier means who'll bitch about low wages and high housing costs in another thread

Yes 85k for that is a bit much but you should all be shot for your hypocrisy. Boomers were able to buy houses right out of high school because the average house size was only 700 sq ft. back then. Then they fucked up by building giant McMansions which you fags think is a necessity to survive in. Live within your means or stop whining.

I've spent the last year in a van that I converted to a camper. The van itself, repairs, and materials all cost about $5K in total.

I make $50k/yr at my job. I paid off the last of my loans within 6 months of this lifestyle and now pocket 90% of my income.

Cuckshed my ass.

How do you get to work?

i live in one of the mcmansions and i agree. i dont need this shit honestly. my wife is just materialistic as fuck

Litterally no difference

The kangaroos are beating us.

Partner up with someone who does know about thosw things and rip off liberals together

>I've spent the last year in a van that I converted to a camper.

I've fantasized about this myself, but the problem is where do you park the camper? There is probably some bullshit law that says you can't squat for more than X days in the same place (unless you are gypsy of course). How does it work in freedomland?

This. Holy fuck what do people even do with that many rooms? How much pointless bullshit do you own?

>1 bedroom for you and your wife to sleep in
>1 bedroom for guests or potential children
>living room
>kitchen
>bathroom

Everything else is gravy, I appreciate a laundry closet and a dining room but those can be built into other rooms easily enough.

SHALL,
NOT,
BE,
IN-FRINGED!

Tiny house meme doesn't work unless you somehow have access to a tiny plot of land. Plots are not usually sold that size, so you would most likely be renting your plot from some landlord. Expense of building tiny house as opposed to regular sized bungalow is not significantly cheaper either.

Cost wise it makes more sense to purchase a large RV and live in that. You will of course still have to pay for a stall to park it. In any case real estate is all about the land and less about the structure.

Wait, aren't Japanese houses supposed to be supersmall? A 1000 sqft house is pretty decent where I live.

For refined "people" who prefer to shit where they eat.

Comfy
Millennial vehicle of choice coming through

youtu.be/4lKq1fGtXFM

F A G G O T S will buy A N Y T H I N G

There's a big difference: that one was properly engineered to be used on the road.

Is that thing even street legal?

There is a difference.

The trailer has more space, is safer, and likely is cheaper.

The tiny house gets upboats on plebbit.

There is not.

Camper vans perfected transient living over 50 years ago.

God bless them. If the trust fund babies didn't blow their money like this it would be all the harder to make wealth myself.

You cum bum sand nigger

Agenda 21 n shieeet desu

True

Well, personaly I don't like big houses, but if you are getting a tiny house in the middle of fucking nowhere for 85k you are being scammed.

Single Wide Trailer > Tiny Home
Seriously, they are. Millenials just pay $25k to $40k more for a tiny home, so they don't feel like White Trash.

Rich people really like to pretend to be poor people.

Hey, it's Garry Busey!

[Badum Tssss]

You know, I was doing some shopping around for a new single wide a while back. I was astonished at the high price, and poor quality. Then I made the trek to Amish Country, and scoped out the ones they were selling. The quality was 10x greater, and on average, probably about 5-10k cheaper. If anyone here is thinking about a single wide, buy from the Amish. You get AC, 2 bedrooms, washer and dryer, granite counters, and high quality carpet and vinyl flooring, a nice sized living and dining room, all for about 20k.

I'm not liberal at all especially fiscally and I'd love to travel Europe and America for a year or two with a converted van before settling and buying a house. When you die you're not gonna be thinking about how you could've got a bigger house. Considering what you can get for that amount of money what OP posted is for stupid hipsters, but it's not about showing off to everyone that gets a tiny house. Maybe to a lot of people but not all.

If you buy a mobile home, make sure you put it on your own land. Do not put this on land that is owned by someone else, i.e. the mobile home Jew

Well i got a tiny house because it's only and i hate having neighbors, but i didn't spend 85k building it.

Just me, my tiny house and some fjords. Think i need a dog so i'm not a total recluse

>off the grid beauty
>internet

kek