I'm in the process of creating- or drawing out a philosophical idea. Anyone want to critique it...

I'm in the process of creating- or drawing out a philosophical idea. Anyone want to critique it? It relates to society and how it should function.

Other urls found in this thread:

lesswrong.com/lw/kn/torture_vs_dust_specks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just post it fag.

yea

Fuck off.

Underlying rules
1. Emotion is subjective and flawed
2. Logic is objective and reasonable

Thesis
Emotion is powerful yet deeply flawed. When considering matters of state, family, and culture it should be entirely ereased and replaced with colder logic.

Thought experiment. If you were commanding a war and could give and order that would kill 20,000 children slowly but it would end the war that moment you should do so because far more could die in the future.

There is more I am just trying to make it digestible. It's hard to see flaws in your own ideas thought. The idea is that with logic prevailing society could unite. We could do away with the left and SJWs altogether

you're pissing up a god damned rope. There is no way society should function. There are no emotions and there is no logic. The fact is that society is going to function, necessarily, however it does despite your fantasies and desires.

get slapped buddy

The idea is to get society to function better. More efficiently, honestly, and with greater impact

Philosophy major and PhD candidate checking in. Right now, it sounds too vague to have any application. My guess is that both an anarchocommunist and a full blown Nazi would agree with what you said - but, of course, would come to opposite conclusions about what it means.

Also inb4 STEM majors and spoiled basement dwellers tell us all how worthless philosophy is

that's a really great idea. Who told you that society needs to function better? I think it's functioning just fine the way it is. And in fact it's going to function the way that it's going to regardless whether or not you or I think it should.

Woah. Mind blowing brah

Here's the thing:

Emotion plays a major role in human motivation, goal-making, etc.

And its influence is eternal and unavoidable

Nope. As a leftist I agree fully with what you said, and would apply it to opposite ends. E.g. Racism is fueled purely by irrational phobia, free market is a faith position, etc.

I'm wondering, now that you've said that, if you're ascribing leftist moral values to subjective emotion, which means you have a lot more argumentation to do, and that I'm skeptical you *can* do.

>get society to function better
You won't get it to function better emotionally by ignoring the existence of emotion, though.

Nice Hitler dubbs, you cambodian nigger.

Is this a fucking joke? Truly Socrates is in our midst. I wasn't going to make fun of you at first, just so we could get some actual discussion here but this is retarded. You're going to need a lot more depth to an actual philosophy than that.

Heil Hitler! Gas the Jews!

>emotion is flawed
This is a statement, not an argument.

You're a brainlet. Fuck off.

Check these dubb dubbs.

I bet you can't control your own emotions

Check these Satan dubbs.

Don't even try. If you're actually a PhD candidate you should be smart enough and experienced enough to realise that debating philosophy with people who have no experience with it and no ability to be impartial at all (like OP) is a waste of fucking time.

Just hurl pithy insults and move on. It's how we survive on Sup Forums.

Besides, he's obviously underaged.

holy fuck this is hilarious

I'm sure the kikes will make you the next bill nye. 100% because you're a fucking massive faggot and you say stupid shit to benefit jews.

Don't you have a dog to fuck or something, you Canadian bastard.

I mean I probably want you to be gulag'd, but yeah. One thing I will give the far right credit for is that they understand, accept and embrace the fact that their views are in part fueled by emotion; the thinking, as I understand it, is that certain emotions (distrust of the unknown, fear of other cultures, etc.) are immutable, and that the left's mistake is naively believing those emotional positions can be altered through empiricism or rational argument.

The center right, on the other hand, bizarrely believes themselves to be the ultimate rationalists, falsely perceiving the left to be nothing but the crying 15 year olds on Tumblr or whatever.

I've seen your philosophy on Deviant Art.

It's popular there.

Have you ever seen a bigot?

Yeah, probably. But I'm tired, drinking, and need something to do to avoid talking to my gf's friends, so why the hell not.

Have you ever seen a big bigot?

god u r a fucking retard

read Plato faggot

Sorry but this is on par with "The world would be a better place if we stopped being greedy." Or "But communism would work IF-".

No, it doesn't because of human nature.

You can't make a statement completely disregarding basic human nature and expect it to change anything, let alone be a great insight.

The second isn't even actually a thought experiment.

Stick a fork in a toaster, you gay jewish nigger.

Um excuse me don't be such a bigot sweetie.

Honey, my dog is an equal partner in my relationship. He fucks me just as much as I fuck him, my sweet child.

That way lies madness, user.

Not insanity, just literal madness. The state of being mad as fuck at how obtuse and fucking illiterate the average Sup Forums user is.

Start with the Greeks you fucking postmodernist pseud

Go on...

Hey, fuck you buddy.

More Hitler dubbs?

Kill me, asshole!

Roughly speaking.

>
>
>
ya, no.
fucking projecting larper

When you kill your enemies, you lose. Nice try pal.

Big bigots burn billions of bernie bros.

Oh, you're just on acid rn

hahaha wtf

Hey sweetie, let's try to be nice to each other okay. You know what happens to bigots where I'm from don't you?

Heil Hitler!

Left Brain imbalance is a mental illness

Check those dubbs, muthafucka.

Sieg Heil

oh...sorry m-mr.trudeau *blushes*

This is some basic shit that you learn as a part of growing up user.

I don't blame you for thinking this is some new, revolutionary thing specifically because for some fucked up reason humans are not allowed to speak of things like this directly in a normal setting.

BEHOLD!
A BATTALION OF BASTARDS ONCE BOUND TO THE BOWELS OF Sup Forums

you can't hide behind that flag, your philosophy is clearly that of a Mexican intellectual

That really powers my pistachios

>he got a proxy to comfort himself
Sad!

I have an idea that would help you out OP: kill yourself

Everything is subjective. Logic doesn't exist outside the mind.

My eyeballs are about to burst.

Good job sweetie, I was about to let my big black bull have his way with you like he does with my wife.

This is a Christian board. No encouraging suicide

This guy gets it.

Emotions drive people. You can have all the reasoning in the world, but if nothing is making you feel the urge to actually do something, its worthless. And reasoning is not perfect. You can fuck it up and think you're right until you learn better (if you get the chance).

Here's my idea: We need warm logic for the emotional and cool emotion for the rational so that we can communicate now that people are so polarized.

We already went though this shit bro, like with Descartes and Leibenz.

This line of thinking died when Nietzche come to the scene and gave the same down on reason.

Read Twilight of the Idols.

Also protip. You will never come up with a single good philosophical idea if you don't read what the real philosophers have said and grapple with them. You gotta see how you measure up to them.

Assuming humans are capable of purely logical thought is ultra-arrogance. My main issue with the right is this; they don't consider the psychological limitations of people, in society

Relevant article:
lesswrong.com/lw/kn/torture_vs_dust_specks/

Listen up, Cucks. They've got us surrounded. We're gonna have to Cuck the Kikes, Spike the Spics, and Nail the Nogs.

That's called stoicism you pseudointellectual

Satan dubbs!

>1. Emotion is subjective and flawed
>2. Logic is objective and reasonable
Oh boy, someone didn't take a philosophy class.

>Thought experiment. If you were commanding a war and could give and order that would kill 20,000 children slowly but it would end the war that moment you should do so because far more could die in the future.
I need some context here, you can't debate philospphy without being specific.
>Scale of War
>Who's children
>How long is the war?
>Is (OP) a pseudo-intellectual?
>Is (OP) gay?

First rules of White Club:
Everyone's a Nigger.
Second rules of White Club:
The Jews Jam the Jigaboos in their Jungleholes.

>The idea is that with logic prevailing society could unite. We could do away with the left and SJWs altogether
You can't just claim "logic" in order to cement you belifes that your ideology is right. By comparison the SJW are scum, but that doesnt mean you are not scum. Stop using Logical Fallacies.

Ok so purely logically, what should be done? What should the political efforts be? What are some examples of emotions in state, family and culture?

You don't think I'm tryin ta kill ya, do ya Goyim?

I like that description.

Not much else to add, it's all spot on.