What is Sup Forums's stance on the death penalty?

What is Sup Forums's stance on the death penalty?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6xzyps1Blg

Other urls found in this thread:

mises.org/library/punishment-and-proportionality-estoppel-approach-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not used efficiently enough

not used enough either come to think of it

Waste of time and money

Not harsh enough.

There should be a lifetime torture penalty.

This exactly.

I don't want to spend my tax money feeding and housing some hardened criminals. Anyone who has life in prison should just be killed, they can never contribute anything to society so why are we letting them permanently leech off law abiding citizens. And even a lot of people who didn't get life in prison deserve the death penalty. And it should be done with just one bullet to the head, not some expensive lethal injection. Or maybe even with stoning, whatevers the least expensive way to kill these guys.

I think that if an executed person is later exonerated, the prosecution / jury / judge / police / investigators who were responsible for the sentence should face criminal charges.

Except if it's a nigger. Niggers can ride the lightning.

SHORT DROP
SHARP STOP

The justification of punishment ought to come from the initial justification for self defense, which in turn derives from the self ownership axiom.

Given that speech can be contradictory, action is the appropriate measure for ones values. For example, I can _say_ that I help people, but actually beat up homeless men. Clearly my actions over rule my speech.

Given these simple and in my opinion non-refutable propositions, the murderer can not claim that killing a person is wrong, without contradicting _himself_. Any verbal argument he makes in order not to be killed is over ruled by his action of killing someone. Therefore, the victim/his relatives, or representatives can demand the murder to be punished up to and including the death penalty.

It is the just thing to do, if the victim (pre-mortem obviously) or his representatives demand it. It's not, if they don't (just like he could have refused to defend himself).

TL;DR: The only justifiably measure for punishment is the "two eyes for an eye"-rule, therefore the death penalty is only unjust insofar, as you can only kill a person once. See
> mises.org/library/punishment-and-proportionality-estoppel-approach-0

Don't kill me. That's my stance.

Unlike jailing a person for life, thus providing free housing, food and security, which in no way is costly.

its barbaric and outdated. literally only shit hole countries still do it and america.

In some cases its necessary in my opinion. I can't see people like Ted Bundy roaming the streets freely without killing people, but its a blessing if compare it to life in prison without a possibility for parole though.

Why should it take so long? If people would do their jobs faster we wouldn't have to put up with the waiting

It should be applied to being Jews

Kill all the violent unrepentant offenders immediately. I'm talking the real scummy dregs. Politicians, kid-touchers, rapists and murderers. Hang them all, but use an amateur to be the one to make the knots.

We may not change the rest, but they will be properly frightened to come near polite society. *sigh I can dream*

I still dont understand why it is so hard to kill a human being with a lethal injection, while a veterinarian can put a 150 pound newfie to sleep in a few minutes without hassle.

There is one point against death penalty that wont go away even if you discard all the shit about human rights - you can execute the innocent.
Also, imprisonment for live in some really harsh conditions is far more brutal punishment than death.

Current US death penalty
>ten year average to lethal injection
>millions of taxpayer dollars spent on jews making dozens of appeals for tier client to get life in prison
>execution costs another half million
>jews pocket all the cash
One bullet in the head immediately after sentencing would be optimal

If you think life in prison is a way more brutal punishment, then wouldn't you prefer innocent people get the death penalty over that.

Because you can let them out the moment they proven innocent. Can you resurrect someone you killed by mistake?

god damn this is pure rich BTFO

It shouldn't be up to the state to decide on the death penalty, it should be up to the loved ones of the victim, as well as carried out by them (unless they specifically request state assistance in performing it).

Death penalty isn't a punishment, it's not even a deterrent, it's an attempt at revenge. And revenge is personal, not national.

We should exile/deport them instead. Just like when we had Australia.

>being this cucked