Answer this Global warming alarmists:

Answer this Global warming alarmists:
If a glass of water has ice in it and the ice melts the water doesnt rise. So why would ocean levels rise if ice caps melt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cesSRfXqS1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Communists can figure out density but not economics

Because most of the ice is on land not floating in water faggot

It's the Antarctic sheets of ice that lay on top of the continent which would pose a threat to rising sea levels. Or so I've been told

Antarctica isn't sea ice.

This
Why does the ice cube in glass of water meme persist?

ice sits on top of land.

sage

sage

sage

Here's my question when it comes to global warming.

If we lose x number of acres of arable land due to rising temps, how many acres will we gain from regions that were once too cold to farm on?

Ice caps are over the water if it's melt it will go down in the water and increase the volume
A glass of water will get some more volume too btw

>Antarctica is land

u wot?

why does ice float if its denser than water user?

There is solid land 2-4km beneath the ice sheet

So close.

Nice try, retard.

it's barely that thick in a lot of places

Most of it is land

I'm in Denver. Zero fucks given.

But that land is on top of water.

You're right about flotation, but not all ice floats.

Because it's not a meme you buffoon. Open middle school physics textbook.

>LA, NY, New Orleans, Houston all underwater if ice caps melt
DRILL BABY DRILL

>man with glass of water disproves decades of climate science and you're basically just fucking retarded

Water displacement

>islands are floating rocks

Vast majority of ice in the Arctic is floating on water. Not all of Antarctica is covered in ice and snow. Iceburgs do not float on land.

It's a fair argument that needs a proper answer from serious scientists. Environmentalism is a pseudoscience cult - can only expect childish whining and demands for human deaths from you all.

Are you saying they aren't?

How exactly do you explain continental shift?

Lol. Never heard "it's just the top of an iceberg" expression?

Density of salt water: 2.165 g/cm^3

Density of water(ice): 1.00 g/cm^3

So that melting ice would add 2.165x the volume (if all was floating in the seas) or much, much more if you include land ice.

>A glass of water will get some more volume too btw

Ice takes up more space than water faggot. Lern2science.

the water does rise faggot. ice turns into liquid when it melts. are you fucking stupid

Fucking retard, we did this experiment in elementary school. Ice takes up more space than water. When ice melts in a glass of water the water levels drop.

The ice caps aren't floating. Kys.

Physics isn't offered in middle school

Density of water is 1, salty or not, only adds minor variations. Density of ice is 0.9

Because of the empty space between cubes.

But the ice expands making it look like that much more water

>It's a fair argument that needs a proper answer from serious scientists
this is still the argument in which you compare the entire planet to a glass of water is it not?

youtube.com/watch?v=cesSRfXqS1Q

Okay, I'm having a serious Mandela effect moment. I swear we did this experiment in school a million times. We would fill a glass of water with ice to the brim and when the ice melted the water levels drop. Yet my research is showing that the water levels are supposed to remain the same. What the fuck? Does anyone else remember that in this experiment the water levels drop?

A lot but only in Russia and Canada because there are no similar land masses in the Southern hemisphere, everything close to the equator gies dry like Hues, Poos and Kangs, basically they all die out.

Global warming is the White mans friend.

wait, what do you think islands are?

daily reminder that the paleoclimate record of the Cenozoic shows an absence of significant ice sheets for times at which CO2 concentration was greater than 450ppm

the current concentration is 410ppm

I can't tell if you're shitposting or just retarded. Islands aren't floating rocks, they're parts of the Earth that stick out.

>flag
>retarded
Color me shocked

But underneath that rock is water it floats on

Jesus Christ.
Armchair science should be left to the Muslims. Get reading you dumb fuck.

Too obvious m8

Ice caps are above sea level I suppose

sage

unless Alex Jones jumps in the thread

Not kidding. Islands and continents are floating rocks

antartica IS land, its a fucking continent

youre thinking of the arctic

Just stop. It's not funny. Jamal doesn't need you to pretend to be Jamal and look even more stupid than he already is.

then how come some sink from time to time?

(((Global Warming))) is FAKE NEWS BULLSHIT. The Earth is freezing and our (((scientists))) won't tell us why.

>BLM is a black supremacist movement.

I dont remember science class but I am pretty aure I am right

I am starting to believe you really are a dumb nigger.

also a reminder that cosmogenic isotopes prove that large parts of Greenland were deglaciated for extended periods during the Pleistocene - meaning that the GIS isn't as stable in response to warming as has previously been assumed

I am white but I am right.
what is under the ocean? Nothing.Thats whu sea level in the atlantic than the pacific becaise it has more rocks floating in it. It makes sense

You may be white, but you are dumber than a nigger.

Can't wait for Earth to be Hoth again. That'll teach you global warming fanatics.

don't waste your time replying to flag posters

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not

so you are telling me rocks come out from magma all the way up? seems loke bullshit

There is more evidence of lowered global temperatures than there is of (((global warming))). Do some research instead of listening to (((scientists)))

Try freezing a bottle of water. Then take the cap off and let it melt.

Watch what happens.

Antarctic ice is increasing, not shrinking.

Water levels aint gonna rise.

(((Global warming))) is a scam. Coal & oil are safer and cheaper than any alternative. Why do (((they))) want to open so many nuclear plants?

on this one though, I'm pretty sure it's bait

You Kekistanis are cringe af. All of you.

You fucking fool.

Why do (((((you))))) want coal bromance parties in the rust belt again?
M19THCenturyGA

IF THERE WAS EVOLUTION, WHY ARE THERE STILL MONKEYS!?!?

No, it's supposed to remain the same. Always has been that way.

>did this experiment in school a million times
It's a second-grade experiment, dog; how many years were you held back, exactly?

Coal & oil are safer than (((nuclear power))). Nobody ever got cancer from coal.

I agree ....
The earth is flat so it's impossible for the sea level to rise . The excess water would just pour over the edge

its the ice in water that is breaking off.

this, coal doesnt reallu produce any health hazards unlike dangerous radiation

Tard.

Enjoy your cancer